Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Reverand maynard posted:

One of the best sources of advertising is people posting about how fun your game is on social media. It's not going to hurt their revenue from gta v but it might affect their next games.

it wont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is disappointing, because' it's not German enough. Way too many ways to gently caress around with the game mechanics, and traffic offenses don't stay on my record...they're never gonna take my license this way. :colbert:

Decided to breeze across the country side some, found a really long and steep switchback, so I naturally took a shortcut straight down, made it with only 48% damage to the truck. Got fined repeatedly for speeding in the Netherlands, didn't realize it was because a cop was riding in my blindspot, so I opted to gently push him off the road and just eat the one-time vehicle accident fine of 260, instead of repeated 200-buck-speeding fines.

Waltzed through Belgium at 151km/h, but crashed into a toll-gate full-speed. Drove off the Dover dock for the first time, ramped up to my casual 140km/h with a 20t pressure tank in the back, forgot the island monkeys drive on the left, hit a tour bus head-on, totaled my poo poo.

I can't be allowed to get away with this, WHAT OF THE RULES, WHERE ARE THE AUTHORITIES ON THIS>?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
try fork lift simulator next

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the best simulator has been and always will be goat simulator.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Driveclub VR is also apparently on clearance for like 20 bucks at Target right now.

Get Dirt Rally first, but I think I'm gonna grab me a cheap copy of Driveclub this weekend.

Driveclub is a seriously fantastic racing game.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I can't be allowed to get away with this, WHAT OF THE RULES, WHERE ARE THE AUTHORITIES ON THIS>?
Rule #1 of Euro Truck Simulator is there are no rules.

Haul rear end!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

Driveclub is a seriously fantastic racing game.

Yeah, I own regular Driveclub and it's pretty awesome.

The VR version isn't the same and sadly you need to purchase it to play the game in VR mode. Wish it was like Dirt Rally, but alas.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just got Shadow of Mordor and it looks super cool, but my god the Steam controller is awkward as gently caress to play on.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
just use a 360 controller :confused:

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

or a logitech

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The 360 controller is quite possibly the best gamepad ever designed.

The Playstation controllers, on the other hand... I don't know what the gently caress they were thinking and how they continue to be so awful. Do Japanese engineers just have really tiny, weak hands or something? Mind-blowingly uncomfortable, twitchy, and terrible feedback.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
loving Shadow of War delayed until October... :commissar:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

The Playstation controllers, on the other hand... I don't know what the gently caress they were thinking and how they continue to be so awful. Do Japanese engineers just have really tiny, weak hands or something? Mind-blowingly uncomfortable, twitchy, and terrible feedback.

Yes they do have tiny weak hands. If you go to Japan as an American you will feel like a goddamn giant, because the average Japanese dude is like 5ft8in tall, you're literally head and shoulders taller than them.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Yeah, that's what I'll do. This feels like I'm trying to perform brain surgery while wearing a pair of boxing gloves.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i use an old gravis gamepad and trackball but its getting hard to find pci game cards for their serial port plugs :(

Water777
Mar 19, 2015
it's time

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Naked Bear posted:

I prefer the Xbox design but the ps4 controller is pretty alright. The PS3 one is atrocious

PS4 controller/DS4 works pretty great on PC. Maybe not as seamless as a 360 controller

Do Xbox one controllers work seamlessly on PC? I think they're pretty comfortable 🤷🏽‍♀️

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress the 360 d-pad forever

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I liked the original x box controller

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

As someone with comically large hands I unironically agree

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do Xbox one controllers work seamlessly on PC? I think they're pretty comfortable 🤷🏽‍♀️

You can run them with a USB cable or buy the wireless adaptor for $30.

Either way, they're recognized by pretty much every game I've played with them.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Naked Bear posted:

An opinion that could not be more wrong

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i use an old gravis gamepad and trackball but its getting hard to find pci game cards for their serial port plugs :(

Old sound blaster cards are a dime a dozen on eBay

I have three just sitting in a box in my closet

Shockules
May 2, 2017

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Just got Shadow of Mordor and it looks super cool, but my god the Steam controller is awkward as gently caress to play on.

Have you tried loading some of the controller setups that other people have made? The default controller is kinda janky, and lots of people are willing to sink the time it takes to get their steam controller set up and then share it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've always preferred PS to Xbox controllers. :shrug: The 360s weren't bad though. Haven't used the Xbone's controller much.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://gfycat.com/MajesticPlumpLacewing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

An opinion that could not be more wrong

idk the PS3 controller was pretty poo poo

Reverand maynard posted:

I had a buddy that was like pro at Halo and he refused to play with anything but that monstrosity. I thought i saw something that they might bring it back but probably Facebook clickbait

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ds3 is a pile of poo poo and i hated it

ds4 is very nice

360 pad is fine just because it works for everything on pc really easily. the d-pad is crap though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Picked up the remastered Myst bundle. :)

I've wanted to replay the original for a long time, and now it's not just a point/click/warp game anymore.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

idk the PS3 controller was pretty poo poo

I had a buddy that was like pro at Halo and he refused to play with anything but that monstrosity. I thought i saw something that they might bring it back but probably Facebook clickbait

PS4 controller is aces

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

PS4 controller is aces

yeah the weight is perfect and i legit like the touchpad

i hit the share button way more than i care to admit though

otherwise yeah ds4 is deffo my favorite

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

loving Shadow of War delayed until October... :commissar:

Apparently the devs were aware that had they released in August as scheduled, it would've been pretty lovely. At least they've got the awareness to admit their product wasn't up to snuff compared to other developers :shobon: I was bummed out but poo poo if it means the game is just that much better, there's other things to play in the meantime.

Also,

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i like the triggers on the xbox controller better but otherwise it hasnt really made a difference for me since the original xbox controller

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah the weight is perfect and i legit like the touchpad

i hit the share button way more than i care to admit though

otherwise yeah ds4 is deffo my favorite

I'm the other way around. Never hit the share button, but the way I hold the DS4 causes me to occasionally brush the touchpad and mess up what I want to do.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ds3 is a pile of poo poo and i hated it

ds4 is very nice

360 pad is fine just because it works for everything on pc really easily. the d-pad is crap though.

at first i thought you were calling dark souls 3 a pile of poo poo and i started getting ready to fight you

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
yeah i was wondering where he played dark souls 4 until i got to his third sentence.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
*resheathes katana*

a simple misunderstanding

*pulls coolie hat down over eyes and smirks*

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

at first i thought you were calling dark souls 3 a pile of poo poo and i started getting ready to fight you

*resheathes katana*

a simple misunderstanding

*pulls coolie hat down over eyes and smirks*

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Been playing Expeditions: Vikings. It's pretty good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

returned the psvr

its cool but not $400 cool