Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I had a kid in a public room ask why Retro Jason was a thing and I felt super old explaining it to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
"You see, time was, when somebody wanted to make a game based on a movie they didn't 'try' to make it 'good', they just hired a team of underpaid and untalented interns at a toy company to throw a bunch of poo poo into a blender. Nobody cared about the franchise, and in the end what we got was a purple Jason with a sky blue hockey mask."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

King Vidiot posted:

"You see, time was, when somebody wanted to make a game based on a movie they didn't 'try' to make it 'good', they just hired a team of underpaid and untalented interns at a toy company to throw a bunch of poo poo into a blender. Nobody cared about the franchise, and in the end what we got was a purple Jason with a sky blue hockey mask."

Also, there's zombies.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And yet the music team still did a good job.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The NES Friday the 13th game isn't good, but as NES games go, it's actually pretty creative and interesting.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

DeathChicken posted:

And yet the music team still did a good job.

When it was probably just one guy.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I just had one of my best matches as a Jason. I was part 6, which is my favorite film, and just slowly picked off each counselor. I tried my best to commit to the Jason character, moving slow, being silent, dividing and conquering. My favorite part was early on, I was stalking a kid and he stops and begins shouting, "Dude, dude please! Let me live and I'll show you where the others are!"

So I killed him with the head impale and took the rest out one at a time. I can't get over how much fun this game is when it develops its own organic and fascinating moments.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I like to think I'm playing in character by running around like a headless chicken, maybe finding an item and then getting strangled in under a minute. Yeah...in character.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This is a new one.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This is a new one.

Yep, spectating two douchebags on PS4 doing it right now.

edit: Thankfully, the Jason has pretty good throwing knife aim.

redneck nazgul fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 25, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'll show you.

I found a way to not PLAY the game.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
God there's nothing more boring than kids who glitch to untraceable spots and wait out the game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Coffee And Pie posted:

God there's nothing more boring than kids who glitch to untraceable spots and wait out the game.

I have never seen one of these people actually survive the match, personally. But yeah, it is poo poo and makes me wonder why they would even play. Besides Jason kill unlocks and perk stuff points are not super important and if you are spending your game time in walls perks are not doing you much good anyway.

Ok so on an unrelated note are Pamela tapes even real?? I thought I saw something that said they only could be found on Fridays but I played pretty much all day yesterday and found gently caress all. I should have found at least one you game developer bastards :argh:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I had two great moments with two different Jasons tonight. In one, a nasally Nerd Jason had me as the last person on the map with the only progress made was the cop escape. Everybody else died in far away corners of the map or ragequit, two-seater car was the only car with gas even in it. So he eventually finds me, and then starts nerdily commanding me to go to the tents to show off the sleeping bag kill. Except I don't quite follow the rules and go into the "wrong" tent, which glitches the game out on his end and I disappear for him... or get stuck in the tent or something. To me it just looked like I was crouched in front of the tent entrance. He does get a weapon kill and I see the animation, he just doesn't see me getting killed.

The second one was a Jason who tried to cover the cop exit with all of his traps in a row. I have a bat, but I swing and miss on my way to the exit. So he grabs me thinking he's got me, but I have a knife and stun him. I just run straight through the gap in his traps to the escape.

And yes it was my first and only escape so far

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hopefully double XP weekend will put an end to dumb poo poo glitching because once you hit level 31 there's literally zero reason to rack up those points.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I had a dude glitch into a ceiling (not sure if it was on purpose, but he wasn't on top of the ceiling like that Vanessa). I couldn't exactly hit him, so I went and killed everyone else. When I came back, he was still stuck there, so I started smashing at the door frame. Eventually a lucky swing actually got him and he was all butthurt "oh sure smashing the door frame killed me" and I was like, "dude, you glitched into the ceiling, don't be a tool about it." He disconnected right after.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It seems my laptop is lousy enough to barely run this on the min settings. My apologies, person I probably shot while Jason was strangling you. Hey, I also decked him in my incompetent flailing

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I saw a Jason murder someone so hard after holding him up that their corpse slowly floated down a hill, like some headless angel.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have never seen one of these people actually survive the match, personally. But yeah, it is poo poo and makes me wonder why they would even play. Besides Jason kill unlocks and perk stuff points are not super important and if you are spending your game time in walls perks are not doing you much good anyway.

Ok so on an unrelated note are Pamela tapes even real?? I thought I saw something that said they only could be found on Fridays but I played pretty much all day yesterday and found gently caress all. I should have found at least one you game developer bastards :argh:
Host a private lobby solely to hunt down tapes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scalding Coffee posted:

I saw a Jason murder someone so hard after holding him up that their corpse slowly floated down a hill, like some headless angel.

I love when the head-rip turns into the body flying away until it disappears in the distance.

Also a big fan of the ghosts of people who were heart punched and their specters hover eternally.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Okay Chad, that was a great idea to hide behind a corner for five straight minutes after the rest of us all died. Just needed to not whiff when Jason rounded the corner, yelp like a girl and then die.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hopefully double XP weekend will put an end to dumb poo poo glitching because once you hit level 31 there's literally zero reason to rack up those points.

I like getting new clothing!

Also, they shouldn't fix the glitching, they should make it so those areas are automatic death zones and you lose a ton of points so everyone that does it will keep trying and keep getting killed and losing a bunch of points.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Not until I have epic versions of all the good perks like Swift Attacker.

Also want a version of Slugger with no stun chance penalty. I bonked Jason with a bat once while having an 8% decrease and he didn't go down. No thank you, bats and wrenches are easy enough to find.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am looking for the survive Jason's death grip perk. Got a garbage one and I want to see how far it can get. Even a 10% reduction should guarantee me to survive a second grab without a knife.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I was spectating an escaping car, and the camera followed them out of the map, down the street, and then they disappeared and reappeared under the map. as this unholy thing

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kelp Plankton posted:

I was spectating an escaping car, and the camera followed them out of the map, down the street, and then they disappeared and reappeared under the map. as this unholy thing

KENJAR has come for your realm, mortals. Witness the glory!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Guys, thanks for the great games tonight. I really appreciate all the betrayals that enabled me to get 4/8. Can't wait to get back to camp with you all. This game is seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. Hearing jet's accent as he politely dismembered me was a very real highlight.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

If I chose to slot no grab kills I can still grab dudes and bring them to context spots, right? I may start doing that just to keep things interesting when I play Jason, which feels like half the games I play lately.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I had a perfect match as Jason 7 today.

Packanack, everything spawned at the big house, and one poor lost soul ran in a random direction directly into my house. I felt bad about killing them, but really, it's Part 7 Jason.

Terry tried to hide on the roof so of course Venus murdered him from below with the shotgun. Three people tried to use the boat to escape which was really nice. Cops never got called, car never got fixed. And I got to reunite with Venus Mother and give her a valentines day present of her own heart.

If you're Part 7 Jason, pray for the best set up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tonight I was playing when I heard guys on my team (through the walkie talkie) tell Jason I was escaping on the boat. Jason warped to me, knocked me out of the boat, and killed me. They all laughed about it between games. The next game I changed my character to Chad, killed counselors, attacked other counselors, and escaped to the police with a battery in hand. Chadvenge never tasted so sweet.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just witnessed an unscripted thing of pure beauty.

Dude in the Northeast of Higgins spawned by the phone house as Deb and the fuse was in the first drawer. Cops called with MY DAD'S A COP in under 30 seconds.

Everyone else spawns at the Southwest deadzone by the car or at Higgins House.

All of us, uncoordinated, say "nope, Jason always comes here first" and we all happen to meet at Higgins camp just north of the main house.

Some of us packing knives, firecrackers, and one dude who grabbed a shotgun, all 7 of us, meet at the same house.

We loudly yell over each other "let him grab me, I have a knife" and "no I'll shoot him".

When the 3:50 counter has run down we all head together, 7 strong, to the Northwest cop exit.

Jason teleports in and shotgun Vanessa blasts him, 3 of us teabag Jason, and all 7 campers run out before the 5 minute mark.

loving. Beautiful.

In the follow up game someone asked, regarding NES Jason, "why does he have this nineties music" and I wanted to cry.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 25, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am looking for the survive Jason's death grip perk. Got a garbage one and I want to see how far it can get. Even a 10% reduction should guarantee me to survive a second grab without a knife.

Wait, this is a thing?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I get most salty when loving jason goes for me all round to his own detriment, like, I've juked you for three minutes, the cops were called and someone drove off in that time... you're really committed to this lost cause of yours.

Burkion posted:

Packanack, everything spawned at the big house, and one poor lost soul ran in a random direction directly into my house. I felt bad about killing them, but really, it's Part 7 Jason.

Terry tried to hide on the roof so of course Venus murdered him from below with the shotgun. Three people tried to use the boat to escape which was really nice. Cops never got called, car never got fixed. And I got to reunite with Venus Mother and give her a valentines day present of her own heart.

If you're Part 7 Jason, pray for the best set up.

I always really liked part seven the most... The fast shift and sense are no joke.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is early morning on the PS4 just a dumpster fire? I had one game where the host left the game immediate after dying, he died first.

Next game one by one as counselors died they left, the last person to leave, the only other person left alive besides myself (who had just fixed the boat) was the host.

Next game I'm Jason, first person I kill? You guessed it, host, and they left.

Games so rarely last the full 20 minutes, I think they should put a 20 minute search cooldown on people who leave.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I do agree gently caress premature leavers, but I don't think it should be punishable, I do think leavers should be detracted from the total councilors though because I'm often leaving flawless games with numbers like 6/8 despite killing everyone who was alive and on the map who didn't bail out on me.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
After watching streams just about daily since release, I've decided to pick this up. In my third game out, it's just me and AJ remaining, and she's in the car en route to the nearby exit. I hop out of the cabin window to shoot Jason, dive in the car and ride to freedom!

Except the instant my feet hit the ground, AJ swerves to avoid Jason, and smashes me into the cabin I'd just escaped from before she's murdered by Jason seconds later.

This is gonna be fun! :haw:

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Yardbomb posted:

Run around because you have great stamina + speed and horrible stealth anyway, play pointman for people fixing stuff and bop Jason.

Today was the first chance I had to try this. Wow it's fun compared to A.J. I broke two bats and a machete on Jason in my first round as Buggzy.

edit - I still died. I spawned at packanack and decided to stay and gently caress with Jason. I died at the 12 minute mark. People were trying to repair the car while I was messing with him. Someone actually used a med spray on me, that was a first. Really fun.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 25, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

McSpanky posted:

Wait, this is a thing?

I have one for 15% reduction and it changes precisely gently caress all.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

I get most salty when loving jason goes for me all round to his own detriment, like, I've juked you for three minutes, the cops were called and someone drove off in that time... you're really committed to this lost cause of yours.

I always really liked part seven the most... The fast shift and sense are no joke.

I think you might have part 7 mixed up with something else, nothing about that shift could be described as "fast".

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

Yeah that was me (Dunegons&DragQueens) I had no idea Jasons shack was that close. Still had a blast. You guys leave no margin for error when you play Jason. The way it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Coolguye posted:

I have one for 15% reduction and it changes precisely gently caress all.
You must be slow.

McSpanky posted:

Wait, this is a thing?
There are lots of fun perks that defeat Jason.

• Locked thread