Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gah I had a sneaker chit when i almost broke my heel bone. I bought a pair of all black new balances because I didn't want to stick out.
I loving got "shipmated" about every 100 yards for the rest of the day. Just wore my running shoes after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Yesterday, I finally got called out for failing to shave before morning PT.

Lazy guy that I am, I wait until after PT to shave while I shower.

I've been doing this for 9 years, and this is the first time a SNCO noticed or cared. A pretty good run, I suppose.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I thought that was a Military standard. I'm not going to slice my face open then immediately go run

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Everybody does that. :confused:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I always shaved the night before in the shower and it worked out pretty well. But I would shave against the grain to make sure I was babyface smooth.

I think a razor has touched my face once since I got out. I just use clippers and rock a 5 o clock shadow if I'm dumb enough to shave at all.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Vasudus posted:

My reoccurring (now every 1-2 months, thanks time) Army nightmare follows this series of events: things didn't work out, I'm magically back in (lol RE4 code what), and one of or several of these conditions apply: 1) I'm in the wrong uniform (usually DCUs) that have either the wrong rank or I'm missing something critical like uh, boots. 2) My orders are cut wrong, and my rank going back in is wrong 3) We're deploying soon and I need to get to the motorpool, but nobody can tell me where it is. The end part is me always being unable to locate a Clothing & Sales, the S1 shop, or the motorpool. So I spend the majority of the nightmare frantically looking for something I can never find, getting constantly stopped by NCOs because I'm hosed up and in the wrong uniform/rank.

i've been having this dream recently but i spend the whole time explaining to people why i have a beard and why its okay.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I have the back-in-the-army dreams about the beard, too. They're somehow more bothersome than the usual violent dream poo poo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I could never get away with the night before. Not even close.

Hell, shaving at 5 I already had a five o'clock shadow at 9.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have similar dreams but its like I need a haircut really bad or something dumb

like of all the poo poo to dream about in the army we have nightmares about haircuts, beards, and other AR670-1 violations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
how the gently caress do people eat kale

it feels like someone just farted in my mouth when im eating it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i have similar dreams but its like I need a haircut really bad or something dumb

like of all the poo poo to dream about in the army we have nightmares about haircuts, beards, and other AR670-1 violations.

Which is what makes the dreams even more hosed up, like why in the gently caress am I dreaming about getting yelled at for walking back to my barracks from the PX with my hands in my pockets? WHY can't I pull my hands out of my pockets?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I didn't have organized PT in a flying squadron :smugdog:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

You have to chop it up and cook it don't eat it raw.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

TBeats posted:

People cook/eat it the wrong way over here. Someone said "Hey, this poo poo is really nutritious and healthy, LET'S ADD EVEN MORE HEALTHY THINGS AND MAKE IT A HOLIER-THAN-THOUGH DISH"

Everywhere else on the planet, normal people go "Hey, this poo poo is really nutritious and healthy, let's cook it with onions, sausage, bacon grease, and beef stock. Chase it with a shot of Jaegermeister/Fernet, and then let's get drunk with the family."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I usually eat a fruit salad (:gay:) with some random vegetables thrown in for lunch and the store was out of spinach so I got spinach and kale mixed bag. I eat spinach raw because it really has no flavor but I'm gonna have to cook this stuff because yuck

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TBeats posted:

a farty mouthfeel with an assidic tone

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lol cole ate raw kale

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cole is one of my favorite posters now.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

cowboy elvis posted:

Cole is one of my favorite posters now.

https://twitter.com/Drops/status/878696731952545792

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't know poo poo about healthy foods because my 20s were mostly a pizza and Chinese delivery rotation.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Make sure you stay away from that gluten and GMO, man. You should eat free trade, organic foods approved by Mother Earth. So many positive waves, man.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Fresh baby kale is pretty alright. Chopping it up and sautéing it works for bigger leaves.
Also good mixed in salads. I dunno, I don't buy kale normally just eat what we grow.

We usually just make kale chips with it. They kind of taste like popcorn.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I subsist on the nourishing energy of the sun and nothing else.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I tried organic spinach. poo poo sucked. And I like bread too much to give up gluten.

And if you think I'm going to stop eating meat and spit on science and all the work evolution did to get us to the top of the food chain, you're crazy.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
"organic" eggs taste waaaay better than eggs from battery hens, and, you know, you don't support battery hens.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

"organic" eggs taste waaaay better than eggs from battery hens, and, you know, you don't support battery hens.

yeah chickens that are taken care for produce way better eggs. Best part about going home was getting scrambled eggs from what my grandfather raised

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

TBeats posted:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
kale is kinda crap

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just saw a Miata with a 302 jammed in it during my podunk towns summer parade.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
AI has a thread for pictures of stuff like that.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Kale is just bad spinach. Why do I need that when I have all this good spinach?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol if you try to palate gross poo poo and don't just blend it all and chug it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I make whatever and then just dont eat four loving helpings of it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Kale is just bad spinach. Why do I need that when I have all this good spinach?

ok popeye

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Guess what, healthy poo poo is only healthy if it doesn't make you loving miserable to eat it. Higher dietary compliance with other, or even slightly less healthy, options nets better in the long run than choking down some wheatgrass smoothie like it's Captain Planer's jizz, because you're more likely to backslide into a trough of fast food if you can't get the taste of shame out of your mouth. Little changes, continued for long enough and gradually increased, are what saves people from short ugly deaths as land hippos.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To be perfectly fair this little Asian chick I used to live with made some bomb-rear end kale chips and the greatest regret I have is not getting the recipe because it was actually real fuckin good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

oh god i just dropped like 500 bucks on concert tickets

on the other hand, cat stevens and queen :getin:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Two Finger posted:

oh god i just dropped like 500 bucks on concert tickets

on the other hand, cat stevens and queen :getin:

Who the gently caress could ever try to be Freddy?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'd dop $500 just to see this irl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdaaGlyu7EQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Who the gently caress could ever try to be Freddy?

Adam Lambert. He's apparently p. good. I'll reserve judgement. I'm just happy I get to see Brian May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEBhpiT-V4g

IDK I mean you can never be freddie but he's not bad

• Locked thread