Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

slouch posted:

wait if the wapo article about us intel having straight up proof of vladmir putin requesting election interference is true, doesn't that mean that donald has been lying about it?

:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"Morty says 'hi'"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

slouch posted:

have you ever needed opiod painkillers? they work very well at doing their thing and severe pain sucks.

american doctors give them out for things that don't need them. i'm not complaining they gave me a percocet prescription after relocating my shoulder but i'd have preferred the painkillers for when they were doing that rather than after

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

everything about pharmaceutical marketing in the present-day USA would make for a great dystopian historical novel in like 100 years if there were still going to be any humans around 100 years from now with enough free time to have books and literacy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I love how 50% of adverts on American TV is for some pill or other

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i am actually not sure if there are other countries where you can go to the doctor and find that they have pens and notepads and calendars w prescription drug logos and slogans on them that were handed out by the "pharmaceutical representative" a.k.a. attractive 20-year-old woman sent around to old male doctors' offices to smile at them and give them swag and free samples

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I've worked at a place where it was policy for the docs not to be behind closed doors with drug reps because of things that had happened in the past.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

I love how 50% of adverts on American TV is for some pill or other
last british guy i spoke to in the U.S. who was here on vacation said that was the most bizarre thing to him

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

last british guy i spoke to in the U.S. who was here on vacation said that was the most bizarre thing to him

yeah its insane both that they're allowed to advertise and just how much they dominate tv adverts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-flXl8CkY0

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
A big part of the problem is focusing too much on patient satisfaction surveys. Hospitals receive funding based on them and doctors receive bonuses based on them. So, it is in their best interest to overprescribe pain management meds so that patients do not say they were dissatisfied. It isn't the whole of the issue but it is a big part of the numerous people who got started after a doctors visit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i can't tell if thats a real advert or a parody

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
An ex of mine had a brother-in-law who was a veterinarian. He gave me a waterproof video recorder for Christmas because some drug rep gave it to him. He said "I like you, but I kept the iPad." Even rural horse doctors get wined and dined by big pharma. It's hosed up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/LydiaBurrell/st...genumber%3D1159

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://youtu.be/2gMjJNGg9Z8

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is for triple sulk

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Jose posted:

yeah its insane both that they're allowed to advertise and just how much they dominate tv adverts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-flXl8CkY0

I'm thiking bout them shits.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

An ex of mine had a brother-in-law who was a veterinarian. He gave me a waterproof video recorder for Christmas because some drug rep gave it to him. He said "I like you, but I kept the iPad." Even rural horse doctors get wined and dined by big pharma. It's hosed up.

I have no idea what percentage of their money is spent on drug rep type stuff but I'm always like look at you, look at these people coming here all the time to "check up on things" no wonder poo poo is expensive.

Drug reps are a weird breed.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

i am actually not sure if there are other countries where you can go to the doctor and find that they have pens and notepads and calendars w prescription drug logos and slogans on them that were handed out by the "pharmaceutical representative" a.k.a. attractive 20-year-old woman sent around to old male doctors' offices to smile at them and give them swag and free samples

my mother was a doctor. when i was a child we would watch movies on eekends and the popcorn we ate cake out of Claritin branded popcorn bags.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
At the office I work at we just had a presentation on the MACRA/MIPS Medicare incentive program (Formerly "Meaningful Use") that a drug company put together and paid for because that makes so much sense.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my friends stepmom is a drug lobbyist and hoooooooooly poo poo do doctors get some crazy stuff

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have a client who works for some pharma rep sale force and i looked up his companh and found a bunch of YouTube vodeos from their sales meetings and it is no different from what hou would see at a an Herbalife power technique sales training seminar. complete with a chubby coe running out the stage. to one of those songs they plan whem a super bow team takes the field

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

there was a point in my youth where my family was going through a bit of a rough patch financially and I managed to get a few weeks of prescription meds free from a sympathetic doctor who just gave me a bunch of the free sample packages they had laying around from the pharmaceutical rep

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

aaron burr was the real deal

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I scream trumps name everyday at strangers, of course I post it here often!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Phone posted:

aaron burr was the real deal

burr did nothing wrong

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nonsense posted:

I scream trumps name everyday at strangers, of course I post it here often!

Every day I open palm slam a VHS into the vcr. It's the piss tape

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Alan Smithee posted:

Every day I open palm slam a VHS into the vcr. It's the piss tape

Do you do all the moves?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

pls dont doxhnaegnlakejipaeahnjadh

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

confirming they do that here too

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dunno if they give doctors ipads and porsches tho

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i feel sick

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i want a puke

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

i want a puke

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

please dont share this. this wAs a time in Jones life that he want d to forget and for good raisin

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

wish i had some of that chili so i could forget this picture.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ScanBC/status/878878117380579328

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It struck me the same way when I watch some dodgy CNN, MSNBC stream. It's pills, pills, pills. loving unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

cumshitter posted:

please dont share this. this wAs a time in Jones life that he want d to forget and for good raisin

his chili recipe includes xanax

• Locked thread