Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I want the trifecta of poo poo that is Stroll-Sauber-Honda. I need it in my life.

An endless cycle where when the engine is reliable Stroll will crash and when Stroll is doing well the engine will explode.

It'd be pretty great that if every time somebody passes Stroll they crunch up a $100 bill and throw it at him on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stroll Sauber Honda 2020 WDC calling it now.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Maybe Stroll renames Sauber to Stroll and all the cars will be C01 C02 in honor of Chloe?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Unfortunately going to miss the most welcoming Baku tomorrow for a kart race. Feeling quite lucky though so I think a fifth is in the cards, possibly a 4th or podium if I'm lucky.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Unfortunately going to miss the most welcoming Baku tomorrow for a kart race. Feeling quite lucky though so I think a fifth is in the cards, possibly a 4th or podium if I'm lucky.

Where would you finish if you had new tyres, a chassis not made of potato crisp crumbs and an engine that isn't lubricated by optimism?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Maybe Stroll renames Sauber to Stroll and all the cars will be C01 C02 in honor of Chloe?

This is a good post.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Carth Dookie posted:

Where would you finish if you had new tyres, a chassis not made of potato crisp crumbs and an engine that isn't lubricated by optimism?

He'd be lining up on the grid tomorrow at Baku.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

He'd be lining up on the grid tomorrow at Baku.

And finish ahead of the Mclarens.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Podium for sure. I'd probably be able to grab the odd win through the season, especially in the wet. The problem is I compete in the casual class even though I'm below the age limit. If I win I'm likely going to be bumped to the class I should compete in which has like five people, three of which have won national championships, and I'll absolutely come dead last.

People take this poo poo too seriously in my opinion, it's loving club level kart racing, I just want people to race against.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 25, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

From what I've heard Baku still welcomes all.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

dentist toy box posted:

From what I've heard Baku still welcomes all.

Well done Baku.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Bernie Says sorry we lost Baku, Never Drink Heineken - The Indycar Driver.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dentist toy box posted:

Bernie Says sorry we lost Baku, Never Drink Heineken - The Indycar Driver.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Then Stroll would just keep driving into the back of them

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Powershift posted:

And finish ahead of the Mclarens.

It's easy to finish ahead of a car that can't go to race distance.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Since FOM can't figure out how to broadcast Baku, reminder that in 8 minutes the moto3 race starts which is guaranteed fun since it's in Assen and it has been raining. Oh and in 2 hours MotoGP itself :woop:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilonum posted:

It's easy to finish ahead of a car that can't go to race distance.

tell that to palmer!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

"in the one hand I have my dreams, hopes and aspirations, in the other..."

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 25, 2017

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Thanks Ants posted:

Then Stroll would just keep driving into the back of them

They only enter one car for Lance, and he has to drive so fast to run into the back of his own car that he sets lap records at every track, wins every race, and accidentally discovers a new quantum effect that revolutionizes science as we know it and ushers in Star Trek for real.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Y'all should be watching the Assen TT right now. Or not, because it'll make Baku seem drab and uninteresting by comparison.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

I got curious, wanted to know why this never happened, and ended up stumbling upon this article: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/report-lance-strolls-father-spent-80-million-get-son-f1-seat

quote:

Lance Stroll's billionaire father spent nothing short of an incredible $80 million to help his 18-year-old son secure a 2017 Formula 1 seat with Williams F1.

quote:

The report claims his father, the fashion mogul and billionaire Lawrence Stroll, bought the Prema F3 team and installed well-known Ferrari engineer Luca Baldisserri to oversee Stroll's rise. Young Stroll was then the clear No. 1 driver this year, benefiting from F1 engineers seconded to his F3 campaign and a special simulator installed at Williams' Grove base.

He also embarked on a round-the-world test program with a 2014 Williams, supported by a staff of 20, five Mercedes engineers and two engines prepared specifically by Mercedes. Stroll's F1 test program went to Silverstone, Hungary, Monza, Austria, Barcelona, Abu Dhabi, Austin and Sochi.

oh my god we could had a mclaren owned by lawrence stroll with lance stroll driving alongside alonso: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-an-unprofitable-venture/?d=2289&dm=1

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Stroll's seat has got to be the most expensive pay drive in F1 history surely. Not even tobacco money drivers could have topped that.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Stroll's seat has got to be the most expensive pay drive in F1 history surely. Not even tobacco money drivers could have topped that.

Is there any equivalent in any other sport?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I can't imagine how terrible it would feel to go into F1 because of your passion for the sport and having to babysit the talentless son of a billionaire.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Is there any equivalent in any other sport?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I don't know of any other sport where the competitors pay to compete like in motor racing, particularly F1.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Imagine being a pay-player in footy. Teams have to get real desperate before that happens

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

The Croc posted:

Davide Valsecchi does world feed commentary on Gp2 and 3 and he's amazing so gently caress the haters.

I can't say I've ever seen or heard of Davide Valsecchi, but I googled him and he's a bit chubby. Here's Vettel roasting him for his weight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNyjB0B4yfE

Also, who wants to make this avatar sized for me? And then also buy it for me?
https://i.imgur.com/YeAtoT5.gifv

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Faaark Moto GP delivers again.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Halo14 posted:

gently caress me what a race. There's a reason 105,000 people turn up to watch the Assen TT.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Loving the earlier start time too!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

geonetix posted:

Since FOM can't figure out how to broadcast Baku, reminder that in 8 minutes the moto3 race starts which is guaranteed fun since it's in Assen and it has been raining. Oh and in 2 hours MotoGP itself :woop:

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Also Alonso is totally going to Mercedes imo.

F1 2017: Seb Vettel`s Scuderia`s Secret Bag

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 25, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Halo14 posted:

F1 2017: PLEASE WATCH MOTOGP

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

harperdc posted:

F1 2017: PLEASE WATCH MOTOGP

MODS do the needful

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RAIN IN BAKU, I REPEAT RAIN IN BAKU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Did you just shout dutch boy, castle wall?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

Nando's time to shine!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rain :jackbud:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrfart posted:

Did you just shout dutch boy, castle wall?

I hope that fucker stop crashing into the Ferraris

Also

https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/878944311102058497

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Halo14 posted:

Loving the earlier start time too!

Loving the sunday races. I missed at least every other assen race because I often forgot to check on saturdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

See:

Carth Dookie posted:

gently caress me what a race. There's a reason 105,000 people turn up to watch the Assen TT.

MotoGP is amazing. Watch it.

e: Let's hope FOM has figured out how to display positions and intervals during the race

• Locked thread