Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

May I have a cabal invite forKirrar please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Now I'm even more sad I spent my starting money on a lovely weapon.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm not sure if it's a glitch I'm having or not since I haven't bought anything in SWL, but when I logged in a bit ago, my character select screen said I had two more slots to use.
They apparently gave 2 slots to all existing/former players:
https://secretworldlegends.com/news/producers-blog-head-start/

quote:

As an additional bonus for the TSW Legacy Transfer system we will be giving out 2 free character slots for everyone that links their SWL account to a valid TSW account. This bonus will only be available during the Legacy Transfer window (ends in August). Please be aware that you cannot have more than 8 character slots on an account!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah because what you really want when it takes literal months of play time is do it over with more characters.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
:frogsiren:Servers offline:frogsiren:

Let's pray to the FSM that there's some kind of rollback. Reddit is placing some of the currency influx in the range of several million USD worth of aurum.

Welcome to beta II, shitbirds.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
And now the server is down. :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
shove the gold plated aurum up my rear end

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
I'm far more amused than I should be that there's an exploit to create millions of aurum out of thin air on day two of the headstart. With how much of this relaunch is patterned on Neverwinter, you'd think they've have taken note of that game's perpetually hosed economy due to a similar exploit and made absolutely sure it couldn't happen here.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah, I thought things were getting a little weird at one point when someone was putting up large amounts of aurum for way less than it was actually selling for regularly. Didn't realize it was that bad though.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

TSW Community Manager posted:

Hey everybody,
We're aware of this issue and are working on it as I type this. We may have to extend today's downtime as a result, just so you're aware.
Our priority is to have this fixed before we can commit to or comment on any additional actions, but we'll try to keep you all in the loop.
Thanks for the reports.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Classic Funcom tbh :v:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah, this poo poo is going to be offline all day. RIP SWL. You hosed up your launch worse than anyone could have even imagined.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, this poo poo is going to be offline all day. RIP SWL. You hosed up your launch worse than anyone could have even imagined.

To give them a bit of credit, once the game went up on Friday it stayed up until downtime. Who knows how many people were logged in, but at least that's something.

They're alluding to some kind of a rollback taking place. Who knows what that will look like. Some people are even talking about currency being rolled back entirely. What would be the least bad way to gently caress things up? Leaving some of the manipulated currencies in game or potentially erasing some legitimate gains? Either way, uguu.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just roll back the whole thing.

Funcom has no system in place that could detect frauds.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
yeah hoping for a complete rollback too.
So what was the exploit?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

why would they not just disable the AH and bring the game up, run AH in test until they figure it out

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They are going to have to rollback aurum completely. Give everyone only what they purchased with real money. And then probably rollback anything that was bought with Aurum. And then probably roll people back to some Mark of Fate number that is reasonable based on how many days the game has been up. And then give anyone any marks they got from selling things... or give some arbitrary number of marks to everyone to make it "fair".

If they don't do all those things, poo poo is hosed in some way. It's just a complete clusterfuck.

It also doesn't seem like it was an "exploit" per se. Something broke the exchange and it was giving 2 Aurum for every 1 bought. Something people did might have broken it initially but things started getting hosed around 11 EST last night.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Because people have hundreds of millions of marks of favor and millions of aurum. If they let people in the game, someone will find a way to store their money in a way that can't be undone as easily.

And even if they remove all currency, people will have bought tons of things with it. AP/SP, weapon upgrades, clothes, etc. They have to do a character rollback. You would think that they would have the systems to do something selective, rollback all the aurum and then rollback any purchases made with it. But I highly doubt they have anything to do that on a large scale. So they are just going to have to roll everyone back to earlier in the day yesterday.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 25, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

alg posted:

why would they not just disable the AH and bring the game up, run AH in test until they figure it out

Because people have hundreds of millions of marks of favor and millions of aurum. If they let people in the game, someone will find a way to store their money in a way that can't be undone as easily.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

They are going to have to rollback aurum completely. Give everyone only what they purchased with real money. And then probably rollback anything that was bought with Aurum. And then probably roll people back to some Mark of Fate number that is reasonable based on how many days the game has been up. And then give anyone any marks they got from selling things... or give some arbitrary number of marks to everyone to make it "fair".

If they don't do all those things, poo poo is hosed in some way. It's just a complete clusterfuck.

Right.

The problem is: Funcom hosed up character conversions, stuff like Icy Claw and Red Cat Ears don't show in the dressing room (but are still on you).

Do you really trust them to not screw up anything short of a full rollback?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

Right.

The problem is: Funcom hosed up character conversions, stuff like Icy Claw and Red Cat Ears don't show in the dressing room (but are still on you).

Do you really trust them to not screw up anything short of a full rollback?

Absolutely not. They've hosed their launch so hard. They either do a full rollback and piss off a huge amount of people. Or don't do a full rollback and taint their economy forever (and piss off a huge amount of people).

Full rollback to yesterday afternoon at the latest.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yup. Shame because I spent all 10k marks just buying my first sprint upgrade.

Honestly, I can't see this game lasting more than a few months. The f2p systems are an atrocity, and the playerbase is toxic now.

We literally have a person who suggested the way to fix this is to give non-subs a cap of 100k aurum and subs 500k.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

Yup. Shame because I spent all 10k marks just buying my first sprint upgrade.

Honestly, I can't see this game lasting more than a few months. The f2p systems are an atrocity, and the playerbase is toxic now.

We literally have a person who suggested the way to fix this is to give non-subs a cap of 100k aurum and subs 500k.

quote:

Honest to god, a cap would fix this. 100k MoF softcap for nonsubscribers in inventory, 150k hardcap in the AH (100k in inv, 150 in AH, 250k total), 500k softcap for Subscribers, 500k in AH, (totalling 1 million).
Aurum limits for both subscribers and nonsubscribers would be 5000 soft/hard, or 10,000 total.
A day of trading for hardened traders would give them limit, and then they're done until they buy stuff.

That's a suggestion for a MoF cap not an Aurum which is even worse. To think, Grithok and I were just talking about STO and currency limits last night....

Edit: Downtime extend to 2pm. poo poo is hosed.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You're right; I somehow translated that to something less bad, because my mind was trying to protect me from the stupidity.

Everything is too expensive, the grind is terrible unless you drop insane money, etc.

I mean, it costs roughly 20 to 30 USD to buy a cash shop item that upgrades a MK1 item to MK3.

What sort of deranged psycho would buy that? That's a whole game right there!

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Some poor developers are having a lovely weekend rn :(

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait a second.

If they do a rollback, how, exactly, do they plan to compensate everyone who actually bought Aurum or Patron, etc?

I'm calling it now:

They do the rollback, try to give people the aurum etc they bought, and somehow charge them again.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The right thing to do would be to refund anyone who bought any Aurum. They aren't going to do that. The next best thing would be to clear all the currency and then give them everything they bought (plus a bonus for loving up so bad) and then a sizable amount of MoF. They probably aren't going to do that either.

They're Funcom so they'll do some bastardized rollback/refund that will make no one happy, will result in chargebacks, and they'll ban anyone who refunds/chargebacks. It will be glorious.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Wow wtf. I was actualy excited to play today and they will take the whole suday to fix their stupid aurum?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

also here is my theory on the 1 month steam push back

steam takes a 30% cut

they wanted 1 month of dumb rear end whales who couldn't help but spend money to buy all the sp / ap that they could without a 30% cut

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Steam actually takes a cut on ingame transactions?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

also here is my theory on the 1 month steam push back

steam takes a 30% cut

they wanted 1 month of dumb rear end whales who couldn't help but spend money to buy all the sp / ap that they could without a 30% cut

I assume with Steam you can still buy aurum from within the game as well as through steam, but that's a good point.

Tallgeese posted:

Steam actually takes a cut on ingame transactions?

I think he's talking about how you can usually buy currency/packs from the steam store page.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Hell, I would've bought some but they only take credit cars which is a thing that not nearly as big here as in the US. My mom has had one for twenty plus years and used it once so I never bothered getting one. Being lazy saved the day yet again.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I will admit, I wasn't expecting SWL to pull a Neverwinter. :v:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Well I was going to see what comedy name I had because of not logging in for a year or two and forgetting to fix it, so doubtless ending up with 1107834560948568 but by the looks of the thread and the downtime, SWL will be going down even faster than the original did.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sekenr posted:

so did this dude

Also, teach me how you did it

Posted as I was going to bed so missed this. Moot point anyways, but the market fluctuations were so insane I made multiple buys at 50 and sold at 300. I look forward to logging back in as mmo hoi polloi, fun while it lasted though.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
f2p is a cancer

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

f2p is a cancer

blame whales

lol at people who say why would you get upset at me spending money

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Poorly done f2p, definitely. It's possible to do well though, I have mostly good things to say about how Warframe does it for example, and they're making plenty of money. Of course they've somehow managed to cultivate a community that argues about whether a new class unlock and a couple cosmetics for $60 is a smokin' deal or just your run of the mill bargain...so maybe it's just not that easy to reproduce.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I don't know if I can take you seriously saying warframe

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
I don't know if I can take you not taking me seriously :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'll say this: I think that if it had launched with this combat/weapon system, it would have been successful from the outset. I liked the wheel, but I'm a nerdy spergelord and can still see that this is much better.

I never played through to endgame the first time around (I fell into a weapon trap with a lovely solo build) so I will probably keep this around to finish al the story stuff. That seems fun.

If I had some complaints (because again, nerdy spergelord): despite the mechanics of each weapon being very different (a good thing), they still feel mostly the same where it's spam primary power, spam secondary power, then hit basic until you can fire your primary again. And I've decided that action queuing is what made combat in the original feel floaty, and that feeling has been intensified in this one now that it's tied to mouse clicks.