Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6L9OcaPFqM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Alex Jones is holding a "Rally for Peace" at the White House today.

it's not about Syria or Yemen, they're mad about Kathy and Shakespeare

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Dolash posted:

I can't believe people seriously still believed that after the 2000-era party line split that made Bush President.

Sometimes I wonder if a Gore presidency is one of those alternate universe timelines like where the library of Alexandria survived and we all have zero emission self driving star ships.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

deathbysnusnu posted:

With a Trump 7-2 court, we're going to see things like one polling station in all of Philadelphia, literacy tests, and poll taxes because the legislation won't say lol don't let black people vote explicitly. Roe V Wade and Obergfell will probably be gone too. Sure Gay marriage polls well, but when has it mattered to republicans when they're "right" see AHCA polling at 17%.

you'r enot thinking big scale enough. they nearly have enough power to write all of that into the constitution

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

Sometimes I wonder if a Gore presidency is one of those alternate universe timelines like where the library of Alexandria survived and we all have zero emission self driving star ships.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Call your Senators folks! Even if they are 100% voting Yes, because gently caress those guys.
https://twitter.com/TheLastWord/status/878456682178805764
https://twitter.com/aliranger29/status/878428841773019136

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Call your Senators folks! Even if they are 100% voting Yes, because gently caress those guys.

https://twitter.com/aliranger29/status/878433452185571328

can this kid be president instead

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dolash posted:

I'm morbidly curious what a hard-R lean on the Supreme Court is going to do to America. Gay marriage and abortion being reversed are sort of inconceivable, even if abortion's been subject to severe restriction in red states and gay marriage is recent with a lot of resistance. Basically everything since the civil rights act (which is probably safe) could be dead by the end of Trump.

lol literally none of those are safe because a 7-2 Trump court can straight up set the constitution on fire

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GobiasIndustries posted:

I called Bernie's office and his staff told me he's voting for it because "he's against healthcare for women" seems like he'll be hard to switch.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Yinlock posted:

and out comes the "voting is bad" post, b/c of course

Voting is good! I qualify for top 15% and live in a coastal city so vote and vote all the time. Please vote team D! Because I want the money to remain in cities and I want immigration to drive down the prices of goods and services that flyover makes.

I'm not joking about that.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dolash posted:

I'm morbidly curious what a hard-R lean on the Supreme Court is going to do to America. Gay marriage and abortion being reversed are sort of inconceivable, even if abortion's been subject to severe restriction in red states and gay marriage is recent with a lot of resistance. Basically everything since the civil rights act (which is probably safe) could be dead by the end of Trump.

cartoon_explosion.wav

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

I called Bernie's office and his staff told me he's voting for it because "he's against healthcare for women" seems like he'll be hard to switch.

nooooooooooo :(

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol sounds liek a really cool system of govt

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

same, except they also told me "he's not giving a dime to those n-words"

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

deathbysnusnu posted:

We'd still have gone to war with Iraq, the housing bubble would have still popped, cities would have still looted the rest of the nation for every cent. It just would have been better managed.

Our choices are kinda between "bat poo poo crazy" and "competent" but they are both still predators.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

sexpig by night posted:

lol literally none of those are safe because a 7-2 Trump court can straight up set the constitution on fire

punchymcpunch posted:

lol sounds liek a really cool system of govt

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The constitution was past due for a rewrite.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i just wanna thank hillary clinton 4 makin this all possible
thanks babe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i may have called the kkk instead of bernie sanders though

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
kennedys only 80 years old, he cant hold out for another three and a half years? srsly?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

Voting is good! I qualify for top 15% and live in a coastal city so vote and vote all the time. Please vote team D! Because I want the money to remain in cities and I want immigration to drive down the prices of goods and services that flyover makes.

oh you're one of those folks in the mold of silentd and migf who unironically talk about "flyover"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
lol that our government is such an antiquated piece of poo poo that one Russian piss baby can do mortal harm to it simply by following the rules and appointing judges.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

lol that our government is such an antiquated piece of poo poo that one Russian piss baby can do mortal harm to it simply by following the rules and appointing judges.

ignoring rules you mean

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

We'd still have gone to war with Iraq, the housing bubble would have still popped, cities would have still looted the rest of the nation for every cent. It just would have been better managed.

Our choices are kinda between "bat poo poo crazy" and "competent" but they are both still predators.

are you mad bc you live in a dumpster town

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's like you sprung fully-formed from tbs' hatred of city folk

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
it's going to be loving hilarious when people with no health insurance get diagnosed with terminal illnesses and decide to :killing:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie's staff also told me he's offering an amendment to the bill that gives tax cuts to men who engage in targeted harassment on twitter.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
if trump replaces Kennedy and Ginsburg, I may for real actually leave. I have the resources for it so it wouldn't be a huge problem. it would take generations to unfuck that level of damage

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Turdfuzz posted:

i just wanna thank hillary clinton 4 makin this all possible
thanks babe
im with turd

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

trollin joe

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Yinlock posted:

ignoring rules you mean

Nah, he's going to name a nominee and the Senate is going to confirm them and the judge will serve for decades. That is how it is "supposed to" work because it is a dumb system.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
lifetime cap on benefits is literally the death panels that never existed

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Weeping Wound posted:

whereas the Decepticons rendered aid to Ho Chi Minh during his historic March :eng99:

i can't tell whether it's true or not

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

sexpig by night posted:

This is not how it works! Abortion isn't going away, the civil rights act is not being reversed, gay marriage is a thing and in 20 years we'll be the old bigots arguing you can't marry your sexbot.

Yes, Trump and the court can do a lot of damage. But we aren't going back to the 1500s, till we get our time machine.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

BUSH 2112 posted:

it's going to be loving hilarious when people with no health insurance get diagnosed with terminal illnesses and decide to :killing:
lol americans gonna lie down and die like a dog :sad:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I began reading All the President's Men. A few thoughts after getting about 1/6ths through the book so far:

1. Lol imagine what governments got away with before journalism became a serious thing

2. It's kinda weird reading about an era where World War 2 was not only within living memory, but all the middle-aged people were war heroes instead of decrepit veterans

3. There is absolutely an INSANE amount of poo poo on Trump's administration and campaign that's yet to be reported because they're still verifying stuff and digging up more information. Like huge huge piles of it

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Regular Nintendo posted:

I live in Georgetown!

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
please, my constitution is dying

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

trollin joe

jolly show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Regular Nintendo posted:

excuse me, but dumpster towns provide a guaranteed four walls and the opportunity to wallow in your own filth :colbert:

• Locked thread