Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I think the tick tick tick is priebus getting fired for not fixing everything since last month. Ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

the piss is a lie

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

just another Kremlin stooge!!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://s1.webmshare.com/PrgJg.webm

Third World Reagan has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Jun 25, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the princess and the peatape

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

tick tick tick is Kennedy resigning and Tormp picking a new justice that makes Gorsuch look like a bleeding heart commie.

I'm morbidly curious what a hard-R lean on the Supreme Court is going to do to America. Gay marriage and abortion being reversed are sort of inconceivable, even if abortion's been subject to severe restriction in red states and gay marriage is recent with a lot of resistance. Basically everything since the civil rights act (which is probably safe) could be dead by the end of Trump.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mayor Dave posted:

jfc i read the responses and i had no idea that there were still so many rabid hillbots on twitter

why do i never see the responses other people do do i just not scroll far enough?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Dolash posted:

I'm morbidly curious what a hard-R lean on the Supreme Court is going to do to America. Gay marriage and abortion being reversed are sort of inconceivable, even if abortion's been subject to severe restriction in red states and gay marriage is recent with a lot of resistance. Basically everything since the civil rights act (which is probably safe) could be dead by the end of Trump.

Jay Sekulow is now working for Tormp, so imagine who he will suggest :suicide: 50 years of progress will be gone.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dolash posted:

civil rights act is far from safe, friend

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

zegermans posted:

My favorite thing about Clinton is when she has something startle her and she accidentally acts human and relatable for like 10 seconds.

She's very human and relatable around rich people who pay her a lot of money, like the Wallmart Board or Goldman Sachs. She's not relatable around poors, but then again poors aren't humans because they are generally rural and racist!

Joking aside, that's just about every politician. Get them around the rich and educated, be it the 1% or the 10% (read the actual middle class and professionals) and they fit right in, and become rather honest. Get them around the riff raff that those two groups hate and despise and they lie their rear end off and come off wrong.

This is also the reason Trump won, he may be an rear end in a top hat and a pig, but he's promising a chance for revenge. That's honestly a lot more something than any political party has offered since the 50's.

But all politicians are fun at cocktail parties, and I speak as someone who grew up in Georgetown.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

what's the matter Cryin' Chuck, tromp got ur Schumer Glasses™??? :evilbuddy:

oh...

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:lol::lol::lol:

Look at that titty!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Jose posted:

why do i never see the responses other people do do i just not scroll far enough?

they're ordered differently between desktop and mobile (web) for one thing

because Twitter is so fuckin dumb

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Jay Sekulow is now working for Tormp, so imagine who he will suggest :suicide: 50 years of progress will be gone.

good, we can finally achieve a perfect sekulow government

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dolash posted:

I can absolutely see them overturning Roe v. Wade. They have colleges dedicated to turning out lawyers to work on doing just that.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Dolash posted:

Hint, R's don't give a poo poo about the social policies their base wants, Democrats actively hate the economic policies their base wants. So an R court will just be more neoliberalism without the bullshit lies that it's for our own good with a tad bit of howling at the moon about social issues yet never doing anything about it. A D court is howling at the moon about economic issues but going along with it because of meritocracy and the solution is everyone having an Ivy League masters and so thus no more poors, but moving really fast on social issues with backing from rich people and big business.

Either way you get hosed in the rear end and your wallet picked, but do you want a reach around or to be told sweet nothings while it happens? Because the assfucking and theft is happening regardless.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So hosed up that Obama stole the word 'mean' from trump

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

lol if you don't have the app that sorts twitter replies by loyalty to hillary clinton

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

good thing i have a fetish for getting assfucked during a robbery

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

prefect posted:

I can absolutely see them overturning Roe v. Wade. They have colleges dedicated to turning out lawyers to work on doing just that.

Negative, the donors don't care or want it. They will restrict abortion but it needs to stay intact because it gets votes, also rich people abort babies left and right and the upper middle class can't stay where they are if they have to pay for more kids, good schools are 40k a year per kid.

Restrict it enough so poors have more kids and inflate the labor pool is the R solution to things, the D solution is just to import labor like crazy via immigration policies. The result is the same and the goal is the same.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

god does not play dice  because he dont know how to have fun 

R. Isaac remarked that there is no laughter for the Holy One, blessed be He, except on that day. But is there not, indeed? Yet Rab Judah said in the name of Rab: ‘The day consists of twelve hours; during the first three hours the Holy One, blessed be He, is occupying Himself with the Torah, during the second three He sits in judgment on the whole world, and when He sees that the world is so guilty as to deserve destruction, He transfers Himself from the seat of Justice to the seat of Mercy; during the third quarter, He is feeding the whole world, from the
horned buffalo to the brood of vermin; during the fourth quarter He is sporting with the leviathan, as it is said, There is leviathan, whom Thou hast formed to sport therewith’? Said R. Nahman b. Isaac: Yes, He sports with His creatures, but does not laugh at His creatures except on that day.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

BeOSPOS posted:

civil rights act is far from safe, friend

As we've already seen with the voting rights act and the roll out of what are basically new Jim Crow laws, they're definitely willing to gut substantive provisions of civil rights legislation, but I don't think even they have the will (or really the desire) to go whole hog "actually non-whites are officially, publicly acknowledged to be second-class citizens". Maybe the next wave to take over the Republicans will, but the current batch seem content to oppress non-white communities for political advantage in a sort of indirect way. Everything since then though is up in the air.

It'd be such a weird, anachronistic time machine for America to get thrown back 50 years though, as if the damage on the economic and social program sides weren't bad enough. There'd basically be no clearer signal that electoral politics holds no real hope for improving America if decades of gains on every front can be reversed by one party willing to go all-out playing dirty for one administration. I don't think this generation is one capable of violence or revolt but it's definitely the sort of political conditions that have historically convinced people to try and fight their political battles in another way.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Spoondick posted:

good thing i have a fetish for getting assfucked during a robbery

Oh, you voted!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

no

i build wall

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dolash posted:

isn't the supreme court supposed to be above politics lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/zmullis/status/878987164473860096

https://twitter.com/DaRealChrisCo/status/879005332760145924

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Jose posted:

Thanks Mitch

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jose posted:

a sensible chuckle to start off the morning :)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

MysteriousStranger posted:

Hint, R's don't give a poo poo about the social policies their base wants, Democrats actively hate the economic policies their base wants. So an R court will just be more neoliberalism without the bullshit lies that it's for our own good with a tad bit of howling at the moon about social issues yet never doing anything about it. A D court is howling at the moon about economic issues but going along with it because of meritocracy and the solution is everyone having an Ivy League masters and so thus no more poors, but moving really fast on social issues with backing from rich people and big business.

Either way you get hosed in the rear end and your wallet picked, but do you want a reach around or to be told sweet nothings while it happens? Because the assfucking and theft is happening regardless.

The guy who's Mad Online about white stereotyping thinks that social issues are sweet nothings and dismisses out of hand that an increasingly Republican Supreme Court is going to reverse them? Who'd have figured?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

and out comes the "voting is bad" post, b/c of course

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Autobots secretly fed ghandi while he was on hunger strike

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Jose posted:

I can't believe people seriously still believed that after the 2000-era party line split that made Bush President.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

Hence it is evident that the state is a creation of nature, and that man is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it; he is the ‘tribeless, lawless, hearthless one’, whom Homer denounces—the outcast who is a lover of war; he may be compared to a an unprotected piece in the game of draughts.

Man, having the gift of speech and the sense of right and wrong, is by nature a political animal.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol @ Trump golfing again today while healthcare moves one step closer to being gutted

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dolash posted:

I can't believe people seriously still believed that after the 2000-era party line split that made Bush President.

i did say supposed

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

With a Trump 7-2 court, we're going to see things like one polling station in all of Philadelphia, literacy tests, and poll taxes because the legislation won't say lol don't let black people vote explicitly. Roe V Wade and Obergfell will probably be gone too. Sure Gay marriage polls well, but when has it mattered to republicans when they're "right" see AHCA polling at 17%.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

The Autobots secretly fed ghandi while he was on hunger strike

whereas the Decepticons rendered aid to Ho Chi Minh during his historic March :eng99:

• Locked thread