Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Two stroke gas just has a little oil in it. A little won't hurt anything.

Sugar will clog the fuel pump, filter, and injectors if it gets that far. I'm not a fan of sugar, but if someone's stealing your gas cans, then gently caress them.

I try to live by a "don't gently caress with someone else's car" rule, but I've had to break that a time or two. Last time was years ago and over a bag of weed. Fucker shorted me half of a quarter, so I crawled under his car in the middle of the night and crimped his fuel line just a hair short of completely closed off. Just enough gas to start the car, not enough to keep running. Wonder how long it took him to figure out the problem. And if it was worth the $60 he shorted me in weed. gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Sugar will clog the fuel pump, filter, and injectors if it gets that far. I'm not a fan of sugar, but if someone's stealing your gas cans, then gently caress them.

I try to live by a "don't gently caress with someone else's car" rule, but I've had to break that a time or two. Last time was years ago and over a bag of weed. Fucker shorted me half of a quarter, so I crawled under his car in the middle of the night and crimped his fuel line just a hair short of completely closed off. Just enough gas to start the car, not enough to keep running. Wonder how long it took him to figure out the problem. And if it was worth the $60 he shorted me in weed. gently caress that guy.

8/10 difficult to find and diagnose

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I'm kind of a dick like that. And metal fuel lines crimp easily with locking pliers.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

In a new-ish car, it probably won't get past the strainer in the pump.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Diesel and water it is

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's a good choice. Splash a little gas in it to make it smell like gas.

Those pump filters have been around for ages, it's just a little metal mesh sock most of the time. But yeah, sugar getting past that isn't likely.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Anything with a particulate filter in the tank will stop the sugar from going anywhere. Most cars made in the last 15-20 years will have one. Sugar is also heavy and unlikely to get sucked up in the pump anyways. Diesel fuel will straight gently caress their poo poo as soon as it gets pulled into the lines because cars don't run on it. You could also do a water/gas mix to mess with them.

E: Doesn't diesel have dye in it to differentiate it visually from gas? Might throw a wrench in it. Nope, low sulfur diesel is clear, I was thinking of off-road diesel, which is red.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 23, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:perfect:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Situations involving stoners wronging each other harsh my vibe, maaaaaan.

gently caress that guy, though. I stand by my decision to be a stupid vengeful stoner that doesn't like being ripped off.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

the entendres are real

QUAAAACK

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://open.spotify.com/track/5IlqC1FzW1MQdNj3KNMGQh

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

orange juche posted:

Anything with a particulate filter in the tank will stop the sugar from going anywhere. Most cars made in the last 15-20 years will have one. Sugar is also heavy and unlikely to get sucked up in the pump anyways. Diesel fuel will straight gently caress their poo poo as soon as it gets pulled into the lines because cars don't run on it. You could also do a water/gas mix to mess with them.

E: Doesn't diesel have dye in it to differentiate it visually from gas? Might throw a wrench in it. Nope, low sulfur diesel is clear, I was thinking of off-road diesel, which is red.

My 1966 has a filter sock on it. poo poo's old tech. There's also going to be an inline filter somewhere in the system. Diesel will be more effective than sugar.

Don't be a dick and actually do this to someone's car...but I don't see any harm in having a gas can with a diesel/gasoline mix. :getin:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

My 1966 has a filter sock on it. poo poo's old tech. There's also going to be an inline filter somewhere in the system. Diesel will be more effective than sugar.

Don't be a dick and actually do this to someone's car...but I don't see any harm in having a gas can with a diesel/gasoline mix. :getin:

I mean it's not permanent but he will need to pay several hundred dollars in labor to drop the tank, dump it out, clean it, and fill it with clean gas and then run the fuel pump with the injectors out until it blows the diesel out of the system. Depending on how lovely the injectors are they might need to replace the injectors, which will cost the dude a couple hundred bucks in parts.

He may be able to get away by just dropping the tank and then cleaning it out and putting it back together and cranking it until it fires, but it won't be good for his starter at all.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 23, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

I mean it's not permanent but he will need to pay several hundred dollars in labor to drop the tank, dump it out, clean it, and fill it with clean gas and then run the fuel pump with the injectors out until it blows the diesel out of the system. Depending on how lovely the injectors are they might need to replace the injectors, which will cost the dude a couple hundred bucks in parts.

He may be able to get away by just dropping the tank and then cleaning it out and putting it back together and cranking it until it fires, but it won't be good for his starter at all.

When I was working on Bimmers, it cost some dude $1500 to drop the fuel tank in his M5. All to replace a 50 cent hose some mouse chewed through.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mad Dragon posted:

When I was working on Bimmers, it cost some dude $1500 to drop the fuel tank in his M5. All to replace a 50 cent hose some mouse chewed through.

It's a BMW, dude. Gas stealer guy is probably driving a shitbox beater, and will find a buddy with a floor jack to drop the tank in exchange for some beers, IF he can figure out why his car isn't running.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mad Dragon posted:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I have a lot of questions about this picture

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
They don't make 'em like they used to... :dawkins101:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

What the fuuuck

I guess that's one way to unclog it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I haven't seen one of those discs fail like that before. Interesting.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That was all of, I dunno, twenty seconds after I put it on. There's a little metal ring in the center with locking tabs; that ring is only connected to the disc itself by a handful of teeny tiny little studs poking partway through the disc. Of course, it's better for it to fail that way than the other way around... launching the disc off into space, or something fragile, or somebody's face.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
AlaskaHorizon lost my baggage so now I'm in Vegas for a week with one pair of clothes and I am p fuckin drunk

happy weekend gip

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

AlaskaHorizon lost my baggage so now I'm in Vegas for a week with one pair of clothes and I am p fuckin drunk

happy weekend gip

Happy weekend don't puke on yourself

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

That was all of, I dunno, twenty seconds after I put it on. There's a little metal ring in the center with locking tabs; that ring is only connected to the disc itself by a handful of teeny tiny little studs poking partway through the disc. Of course, it's better for it to fail that way than the other way around... launching the disc off into space, or something fragile, or somebody's face.

There was probably a crack in the disk. I wonder if breaking and sliding down the bit is an intentional failure mode to avoid sending shrapnel. I caught a chunk of one of the old non-reinforced cutting wheels in the eyebrow once...that wasn't pleasant and got me to wear eyepro for a while.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Godholio posted:

for a while.

what

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I usually don't when I'm using a dremel. Yeah, I know.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Godholio posted:

I usually don't when I'm using a dremel. Yeah, I know.

This is extremely dumb. like, enlisting with a degree dumb.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, if I'm grinding big poo poo I go for the full face mask, eye pro always at a minimum. Its two bucks for a good enough pair at harbor freight, get a couple so you don't have to worry about losing one.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Eyepro, dust mask, and welding gloves. For me, this tends to be underneath the car, so the mask is really there to keep nasty poo poo out of my mouth (hooray leaky valve cover gaskets).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Most of what I end up using it for is poo poo like cutting off a screw head or rounding off an edge on a 2x4 or something. If I'm getting in there to grind metal or something that's going to shower sparks for more than 2 seconds, or if I'm under it, I gear up. I'm lazy, not insane.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/bobby/status/878867236244606976

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Ahahaha that dude loving owns. Found a longer version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZxT9MHAJU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm the wallflowers

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
this is like if tom berengers character from platoon became a baseball coach

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 26, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

imaging him kicking sand and screaming at the ump two inches from his face I AM REALITY

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

tastefully arranged labia posted:

imaging him kicking sand and screaming at the ump two inches from his face I AM REALITY

Y'all talking about baseball? What do you know about baseball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

second baseman gets his ankle broken by a slider SHUT UP TAKE THE PAIN

• Locked thread