Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

After the Imperil and BSB lucky draws, I somehow have all the bursts on banner 1. Really glad Quistis OSB isn't there now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It turns out that Apocalypse Gilgamesh is particularly modal based on whether you have a good medica available or not, because a lot of folks (on other sites) were talking about the fight being pretty easy. But they were all packing Lenna's native medicas, whereas I barely managed to squeak out mastery despite lacking anything native for FF5.

I leaned hard on most of Team Magic Buffs (Exdeath + Krile + Raines RM), hit-and-run, and some serious jank involving Bartz of all characters as a backup caster. (I had Trueblade of Legend and a Durandal full of Rosetta Stones, so why not?) Not one of my prouder moments with this game, but a victory is a victory.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

3/11

Raines bsb (again, hello 7* claws), and quintis bsb and cloud of darkness ssb.

At least I hear quintis bsb is good!

However now I have rydia, vivi bsb1, quintis, rapha, papalymo, raines, krile, and seymour BSBs. So somewhere in there is a mage team.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Rosa USB/11

Yeah, I'll take that. I've got so drat many medicas at this point (that's my third healer USB) and I already have Rosa's SSB, but I ain't gonna complain about adding instant cast and after healing onto an already super-good wrath-bot healer.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
4/11.

Cid 13's BSB, Quistis's BSB, Firion's BSB, Dagger's SSB.

I made out like a bandit, I feel.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

How many Lucky Draws are supposed to show up during the fest?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

3/11

Raines bsb (again, hello 7* claws), and quintis bsb and cloud of darkness ssb.

At least I hear quintis bsb is good!

However now I have rydia, vivi bsb1, quintis, rapha, papalymo, raines, krile, and seymour BSBs. So somewhere in there is a mage team.

I'll help: Raines Rapha Quistis unless you've got a specific element you need the burst to hit. Wrath your way to victory with all the stacking buffs. Add a healer and support/dancer to your tastes.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Eight-Six posted:

How many Lucky Draws are supposed to show up during the fest?

There were three and the last one is up now and leaves in 4 hours.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

There were three and the last one is up now and leaves in 4 hours.

Cool, thanks. I already pulled on all three, and was trying to figure out how many were left before I pull on one of the others, which as I have gently caress all for relics I reckon can be just about any of them.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

NGDBSS posted:

It turns out that Apocalypse Gilgamesh is particularly modal based on whether you have a good medica available or not, because a lot of folks (on other sites) were talking about the fight being pretty easy. But they were all packing Lenna's native medicas, whereas I barely managed to squeak out mastery despite lacking anything native for FF5.

I leaned hard on most of Team Magic Buffs (Exdeath + Krile + Raines RM), hit-and-run, and some serious jank involving Bartz of all characters as a backup caster. (I had Trueblade of Legend and a Durandal full of Rosetta Stones, so why not?) Not one of my prouder moments with this game, but a victory is a victory.

Apoc Greg was completely doable for me with a CM team and relic-less Lenna as my only healer. I dont have any V OSBs or the like, and my only native BSBs are Greg's (more utility than DPS) and Faris (admittedly useful mitigation). I did get an assist from Krile's Sheepsong major Regen, but the key was to use Yuna USB as my RW.

A strong Medica, plus Raise, plus Last Stand, plus Haste? That is and was some useful poo poo.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Yesterday before my curaga banner pull I had zero healer bsbs.

I drew vanilles on that. And now pulling on banner 1...

gently caress yeah yshy. Have her wall, omnirod, and now bsb. Not even sure how to cycle them best.

Plus that's my first hastega for IX, and it's a goddamn good one to have.

Good times.

Outta mythril. Oh well. None of the other banners scream at me given my dupe situation.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Must... be... strong. Sentinel's Grimoire on Banner #5 isn't that far away. :sigh:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Always lucky dupe Steiner BSB, Serah BSB. Okay, that's an ice damage source. I'll take it. Don't think I'll combine the IX swords as I'm lacking synergy swords for the realm.

Then a pull on banner 1. At least I dodged the two dupes but got 2/11 CoD SSB Garnet SSB. Uh.. CoD is at least a +dark relic and is only fourth III character with a relic. Garnet's is a hastega and the fourth character for IX with a break. If you induce some lies and false positivity you might see the CM silver lining and forget this trash cost 50 mythril.

Tempted to pull again for Metamorphosis Claws but 4 dupes is too much. Will have to let them go.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Got 2/11, Kuja's OSB and BSB. Not necessarily the top prizes, but it's one of my favorite characters. Having an OSB on top of a BSB is fun, the only other characters I have with that is Ashe, who has been pulling a ton of weight in my mage teams, and TG Cid, who is TG Cid.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
:woop: Got my second MC3! Now I just need to figure out who to use them on.

Lann's BSB was a beast. :stare: Can't wait to use Yang's BSB to have two heavy hitters.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I was gonna pull in banner 1 but there's too many dupes and duds. Raines bsb will have to wait another time

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Banner 1 got me a dupe Quistis Dress and CoD SSB. Yay, the worst SSB in the entire fest. :what:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I got that SSB along with my other stuff and it doesn't even come to mind when I think about my prizes. At least it's synergy gear.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Did a pull on the VI banner instead and got celes bsb2 which was exactly what I wanted happy days

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Banner 1 gave me Garnet's BSB, Y'shtola's BSB and Rosa's USB, so now I'm all set for healing options. I feel like this should help me get into some harder fights / MP.

Not much mythril left for the rest of summerfest, have to be strong and ignore some of the banners.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Did a pull on the VI banner instead and got celes bsb2 which was exactly what I wanted happy days

Although now i have too many VI bursts: celes, Locke, cyan, sabin, and setzer. I can't fit them all on one team!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
So does the drop rate of 5* motes increase at any point? Just realized that I can't mote up Cid Raines and Agrias at the same time because of spirit motes, but I really want both of their second legend materias. I'm gonna be waiting a while, clearly, but hoping they amp up the drops sometime.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
We'll be getting more 5* motes from Mired in Crisis in the coming days, and then when Jump Start Torments appear

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Firion and Y'shtola BSBs from banner 1. Both good, but also both shoring up areas that I'm already strong in. I now have a more than full holy team (Raines SSB, Agrias BSB / SSB, Firion BSB, Relm BSB, Lenna BSB, Aerith BSB / USB) plus Tenets of the Fayth on Yuna and Arc's SSB.

With two ways to imperil holy I guess it largely doesn't matter if my enemy is weak to it or not?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Old Rinoa BSB/11

Guess I used my luck up on the dark pull...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Am I crazy for skipping the whole fest to roll on the upcoming FF7 banner instead

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Am I crazy for skipping the whole fest to roll on the upcoming FF7 banner instead

Nope, especially if you're a vet with a bunch of good stuff already. I only pulled on 2 of the luckies and am saving for Cloud. I don't need more BSBs. Now it's all about USBs and LMs.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That is not a bad strategy, especially if you do want Cloud USB that badly.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
This festival is not great and is on the cusp of a huge power creep. Its definitely not illogical to skip over it.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I had two pulls budgeted for banner 1 and got 2x Fairy Bow, one Conductor, one Meta Claws, and one each of the SSBs, just to keep me humble. The cloak's soul break dos not excite me but the +dark is nice since I have Cid Raines burst natively now. I got the three things I wanted most on the banner so I'm more than happy to move on.

Oh god, I just realized that stupid fusoya burst pairs well with Metamorphosis. I'm actually going to have to level that dork up for a dark team.

RagnarokAngel posted:

This festival is not great and is on the cusp of a huge power creep. Its definitely not illogical to skip over it.

It's funny because I remember people three months ago talking about how great these banners were and how they were skipping the 2nd anniversary and saving up for extreme fest. I think you should pull on whatever you want but the 4th of July is going to bring us a whole lot of people with a couple 8* shortbarrels for Vincent and nothing else.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think I just got the g5 equivalent of the Japanese what's in the box game show gif with 10 silver orbs and a cod ssb

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Cecil's USB is really good guys:

https://youtu.be/mzTMGBptag8

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
FF9/11 on banner 1 - Kuja OSB, Garnet BSB, Garnet SSB. But what I was really going for, but I think it worked out. And Kuja's OSB will pair nicely with Nabaat's BSB. And possibly Seymour's BSB fur double dark imperil action.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
How good is the Lightning USB + BSB2 combo? I have the former and I'm trying to figure out how good Banner 3 will be for me.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Daraken posted:

How good is the Lightning USB + BSB2 combo? I have the former and I'm trying to figure out how good Banner 3 will be for me.

I have her USB, and I RW'd the BSB2 for some premium fun times. I'd say it is a great combo, but if you have the hones on Thundering Twinstrike and the boss is already weak to lightning then it isn't as good/needed. Or maybe I'm just lying to myself because I really don't want to chase it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Man there's so much content I've been ignoring because I assumed it'd be too tough.

Just cleared both difficulties of Red Dragon and Behemoth King plus the easier difficulty of Soulcage. Also knocked out all the normal mode Mired in Crisis bosses. Looks like at least the first couple MiC hard mode bosses are doable along with some of the Nightmare dungeons.

First time I went to look at the Raid content I saw a 220 difficulty fight and figured they were all like that. :doh:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Oryp posted:

I have her USB, and I RW'd the BSB2 for some premium fun times. I'd say it is a great combo, but if you have the hones on Thundering Twinstrike and the boss is already weak to lightning then it isn't as good/needed. Or maybe I'm just lying to myself because I really don't want to chase it.

Thundering Twinstrike does a lot of damage after you cast Lightning's USB, even against resistant Apoc-level bosses.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

BGrifter posted:

Man there's so much content I've been ignoring because I assumed it'd be too tough.

Just cleared both difficulties of Red Dragon and Behemoth King plus the easier difficulty of Soulcage. Also knocked out all the normal mode Mired in Crisis bosses. Looks like at least the first couple MiC hard mode bosses are doable along with some of the Nightmare dungeons.

First time I went to look at the Raid content I saw a 220 difficulty fight and figured they were all like that. :doh:

Also people are often happy to carry you for most of the d220 raid fights.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Also people are often happy to carry you for most of the d220 raid fights.

Yeah I gave that a shot a couple times but didn't have any success. Brought Tyro's BSB to put up Protect/Shell on everyone then spammed Full Break/Magic Breakdown/Armor Breakdown while the 99s did their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

You probably have things that would be useful for many raid groups too. You only need 2 geared characters afterall. A healer will always be useful, especially if they have things like last stand or a faithga.

Hang out in the goon discord as there are usually people hanging around that will raid with you.

• Locked thread