Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Reverand maynard posted:

have you actually taken part in a tidi fight yet

I still have PTSD from my last one, which was so much fun I just jumped to a random beacon to get out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i needed an emoticon to sum up every querns post, thx bb

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Catberry posted:

No. gently caress you, it's a good idea.

I'm against anything that adds more timers tbh. I'm also not too enticed by having to conquer regions after regions and play some weird musical chair game.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

how you know a game mechanic has failed: fozziesov has 33% less timers than dominion, yet it's objectively worse

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

timers are fun and cool when they can be timed to happen on Saturday evenings. Timers in AUTZ on a wednesday are dumb horseshit.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i was gonna make a four-post MLYP here but decided against it

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Reverand maynard posted:

have you actually taken part in a tidi fight yet

Yeah 10% Tidi but I was in a Dictor so I bubbled the enemy logi as ordered by the FC and then I was promptly sent to 1DQ. A good time was had by all in my opinion. Would tidi again.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Catberry posted:

Yeah 10% Tidi but I was in a Dictor so I bubbled the enemy logi as ordered by the FC and then I was promptly sent to 1DQ. A good time was had by all in my opinion. Would tidi again.

good thing about flying dics is you can just suicide yourself when you get bored and just walk away and no one cares

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i was gonna make a four-post MLYP here but decided against it

I

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

M

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

G

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

A

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Y

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

that conflict wasn't about resources, it was about defeating the old northern coalition

in fact, no war in eve has ever been about resources, with the potential exception being kicking test out of fountain, but even that smacks of being sold that way for different motives

(i don't know for sure as i was mega unsubbed and disconnected at the time)

#Delve2012 best war ever.

Probably the most fun i have had in eve.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Tbh same

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:eyepoop:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I too am gay

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

good thing about flying dics is you can just suicide yourself when you get bored and just walk away and no one cares

It is the best of ships.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Catberry posted:

It is the best of ships.

haha it also sounds like dicks lol

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Which is ironic because out of the vast amount of dick-look-a-like ships. None of them is a dictor.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Catberry posted:

Which is ironic because out of the vast amount of dick-look-a-like ships. None of them is a dictor.

just your gay imagination buddy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

does it sound like 1001 Arabian dicks though?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

iospace posted:

does it sound like 1001 Arabian dicks though?

i didn't pick the name, therefore not gay

i have a gf

NOT GAY

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I know how to fix EVE. Free elusif and legalise RMT and botting.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

agreed

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

unfree elusif forever.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anyone caught botting should have their corporation changed to Sansha's Nation.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lol 7UTB dreadbomb, swing and a miss

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

i didn't pick the name, therefore not gay

i have a gf

NOT GAY

What's her name? Leftie or Righty?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

What's her name? Leftie or Righty?

it's "cyberdwarf" tyvm

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Is there any talk of making new Warp Gates? I imagine even if they're pricy as hell to skill up to make and fund the construction it'd change up the game dynamic nicely. Set up a travel hub, tax passage through the gates by tonnage or something. If you could make a good enough shortcut that it'd be worth it to pay the tax, maybe this sort of thing could spur a new reason to fight over systems?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it's "cyberdwarf" tyvm

Oh I thought that's how he had named his penis.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Blasphemaster posted:

Is there any talk of making new Warp Gates? I imagine even if they're pricy as hell to skill up to make and fund the construction it'd change up the game dynamic nicely. Set up a travel hub, tax passage through the gates by tonnage or something. If you could make a good enough shortcut that it'd be worth it to pay the tax, maybe this sort of thing could spur a new reason to fight over systems?

I'm pretty sure at some point, there was this idea of player stargates flying around, but I don't really follow the devs notes so I don't know if that's still a thing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blasphemaster posted:

yeah, the last of the new structure types is supposed to be "gates," but that is from old rear end fanfest powerpoint slides and who knows what they'll actually do when they get around to it

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

make 20 ly jbs that cost 100 bil and only one reinforcement timer and no vulnerability poo poo

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah, the last of the new structure types is supposed to be "gates," but that is from old rear end fanfest powerpoint slides and who knows what they'll actually do when they get around to it

they've drawn out the new structures over 3 years already, stargates are probably not coming until winter 2018.

Also odds are that they're just gonna end up being the replacement for jump bridges. All the other ambitious ideas with new gameplay got dialed back to basic replacements of old stuff, I doubt gates will break the trend. This trailer is already a joke but it's gonna be even more a joke when gates come out. "The prophecy! We must stop capsuleers from constructing the same thing they've had for years!"

Maybe they can re-edit it to put a Sparc player in there, who throws a bouncy energy ball into the gate's core to activate it.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I don't expect much from player built gates considering the massive leash they have on something so already limited as jump bridges.

It's funny listening to old stories of jump bridges forming continuous networks across regions. Used offensively to strike instantly from the heart of your own home system to an enemy buffer region.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

I don't expect much from player built gates considering the massive leash they have on something so already limited as jump bridges.

It's funny listening to old stories of jump bridges forming continuous networks across regions. Used offensively to strike instantly from the heart of your own home system to an enemy buffer region.

Yes and goons were the only folks with a coherent jumpbridge network covering half of EVE. We could take a 256 man fleet from VFK to the border of Catch in about 40 minutes. The eye of terror was OP as gently caress, but also essential for having holdings that large.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Yes and goons were the only folks with a coherent jumpbridge network covering half of EVE. We could take a 256 man fleet from VFK to the border of Catch in about 40 minutes. The eye of terror was OP as gently caress, but also essential for having holdings that large.

I remember when you could have two JB's in each system and just bounce bridge to bridge all the way down without ever seeing a gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

I remember when you could have two JB's in each system and just bounce bridge to bridge all the way down without ever seeing a gate.

the good ol days

• Locked thread