Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Too many jobs look too cool and fun and I'm having a very difficult time deciding. I got Red Mage to 60 and I kind of want to get one other job to 60 before I decide which one to do the Stormblood MSQ on, but I can't decide between Bard, Machinist, and Black Mage.

(I should probably just do Stormblood right now on Red Mage but those other jobs are really calling my name.)

I know I've asked already how Machinist and Black Mage are in Stormblood. How about Bard? I know people are pretty happy about the removal of cast times, at least. Is its basic gameplay fun? How about its AoE? (One of the things I don't like about Red Mage is how boring the AoE is.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is there a way to set up macros for picking different role skills and copy them to a hotbar so I don't have to manually deselect and select them in the Role Actions menu all the drat time?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Is there a way to set up macros for picking different role skills and copy them to a hotbar so I don't have to manually deselect and select them in the Role Actions menu all the drat time?

/aaction clear - removes all your role actions
/aaction "X" on - adds role action X
/hotbar action "X" Y Z - places action X on hotbar Y slot Z

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 25, 2017

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

What materia are people melding for scholar now?

I'm leaning on combinations of vit and piety until we figure out out much healing and unavoidable damage is going. Healer substats are poo poo anyways.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

How well does DRK play? WAR is a massive disappointment now so I'm looking to level a new tank.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

Cythereal posted:

I know. But I can't dodge through it because then I'll aggro another one, and I start moving the instant the telegraph appears. But even though I can barely make it out, I inevitably still get hit with it. I decided to just drop the quest and come back to it later.
There's also one particular quest morbol (in Central Shroud I think) that you're supposed to use an item on that makes it a lot easier to kill, so make sure you're not overlooking that (I have).

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

WrightOfWay posted:

How well does DRK play? WAR is a massive disappointment now so I'm looking to level a new tank.

apparently if you've played DRK before you might not like it, if you havent played it its kinda fun if a bit simple. which is fine for me since it lets me pay attention to poo poo better.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

WrightOfWay posted:

It's mostly the same as it used to be but a bit simpler and easier to play. The new buttons are reasonably fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm leaning on combinations of vit and piety until we figure out out much healing and unavoidable damage is going. Healer substats are poo poo anyways.

That seems pretty logical honestly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dark knight is easier than before but MP management is a big pain. It's much more difficult to do big pulls as a DRK and it still requires more effort than PLD in general. Single target you can get the same DPS as PLD, but it falls way behind in AOE and it's ability to handle big packs.

Paladin right now is so far head and shoulders above the other tanks in terms of ease of playstyle, simplicity, and ability to handle large packs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

UHD posted:

Whoever said Lakshmi's music was the best was not wrong. Holy poo poo best primal music ever.

Sephirot's music is better as far as primals go, and T13 is still the best music+fight combo.

Ciaphas posted:

I can't do it, I can't play a non-DPS role. Gonna just have to find something to do during queues.

I wish you could at least hunt reliably during them, but being alone is no way to get hunt mob credit!

I had two queues last night where I only had to wait about 11-12 minutes as a DPS (partied with a 2nd DPS as well). It was... unexpected yet welcomed.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Thanks for all the advice on PoTD guys, had no clue that all the good players were grinding 50+ or that your arm level was character based and not class based.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dear sweet Jesus why does Omega have a huge queue now?

Get out all you drat game time whores.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

had no clue that all the good players were grinding 50+

Let's not go too far.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What do I need to do to access the rhalgr's reach hunt board? [edit: found it, I need to unlock hw hunts first]
And are all wondrous sundries purchased for items earned from hunts?

Shy fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 25, 2017

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Ibblebibble posted:

Because everyone went there to avoid expansion launch queues on the other Chaos realms, or at least that's how it mostly seemed to go on Odin. Probably why they opened Louisoux almost out of nowhere soon after.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Doing Lakshimi and Susano EX with randos while waiting for the rest of my static to hit 70 is really reminding me how grossly incompetent the vast majority of players are. Neither of these fights are challenging at all!

I had to solo heal the final trial for the same reason. I did it though.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

blm af3 owns

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

queeb posted:

blm af3 owns

It really, really does. I'm trying to decide between taking BRD or BLM into Stormblood and BLM's new AF set is a real selling point.

How does BLM do solo, for the purposes of MSQ stuff?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding. Wish i didnt have to travel on sundays.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Final Trial mechanic question.

How does his Akh Morn attack work?

You definitely don't stack it like the rest of the time. It looks like it targets a tank and tethers a single person to them. Do they stack it? Do they both take damage?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I haven't tanked the fight, but assuming it works like in T13 (and if it tethers, it probably does), damage is split between the MT and whoever is closest to them, which is supposed to be the OT.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

WrightOfWay posted:

In addition to the "feel" stuff people mentioned already, the math on the class is in a weird place. For example, Dark Passenger is only worth using (with dark arts presumably though I admit I don't fully remember) if you have 11+ targets. That seems pretty insane to me, and there's evidently a few other examples where there's buttons which may as well not exist. But unlike the gamefeel portion, numbers are pretty likely to get tweaked in the first major patch or two.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I still throw out Dark Passenger on c/d but i rarely Dark Arts it anymore since its a huge cost now. I always Dark Arts Quietus though.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Final Trial mechanic question.

How does his Akh Morn attack work?

You definitely don't stack it like the rest of the time. It looks like it targets a tank and tethers a single person to them. Do they stack it? Do they both take damage?

Have the tanks stack for it, and ensure no one stands on the MT in general.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

It really, really does. I'm trying to decide between taking BRD or BLM into Stormblood and BLM's new AF set is a real selling point.

How does BLM do solo, for the purposes of MSQ stuff?

Any class is totally fine. But as someone who pretty much only plays BLM: it's fun, very explody. Add in yr choco-buddy to heal you and you can take on anything in the msq easily.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Stinger spoilers: A couple of friends of mine have theorized that It's Gaius behind inhabited behind the mask, which would explain why he's so shocked by it and it would be someone the audience would recognize.

I've basically seen the following three theories get a lot of traction:

1. Gaius
2. Regula
3. the corpse of the dead emperor (Solus zos Galvus)

Any of these would get a reaction out of Varis, and are plausible. I'd lean towards Gaius too just cause if you're going to go the revolving door afterlife route (and they clearly have no intinsic problems with it seeing as Gosetsu's still around) I can see why they might find it very interesting to bring him back from the dead. Theory number 3 is by far the most hilarious though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Okay, the Naadam owned.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
With the new Bard, how exactly do you AoE? You only get bloodletting procs in MB so I assume that's involved somehow, but idk how.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

With the new Bard, how exactly do you AoE? You only get bloodletting procs in MB so I assume that's involved somehow, but idk how.

same as before but with the added step of 'have MB on'

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

Either DoT up and then Ballad, or Ballad and then DoT Up. The first way ensures more chances at procs during the duration, where as the second allows procs to happen while you're spreading dots. Once you get Bite Mastery, it's a lot easier to maintain since your DoTs last 30 seconds. Either way, keep on Quick Nocking, and after Empyreal Arrow mastery, you can use that to force a reset. Also pop Tactician before you Nock spam to keep your(and other AoEing DPS) TP up. Iron Jaws as needed. After Ballads gone, use Paeon for the up to 16% haste.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 25, 2017

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I still throw out Dark Passenger on c/d but i rarely Dark Arts it anymore since its a huge cost now. I always Dark Arts Quietus though.

Don't do either of these. Passenger is worth using all of never and you should never da a quietus. You get more mp to potency value, and thus more damage, just spamming abyssal drain.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You probably wanna clip Minuet early when MB comes up also because 3x Rain of Deaths will be higher potency in AoE than a level 3 Pitch Perfect. That is if the pull lasts longer than 80 seconds. RIP Bard AoE

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wish there was a way to put certain quests on Ignore. Since I returned for Stormblood I have a bunch of 50/60 dungeon unlock quests clogging up the map, and I accepted them and got to the point where the dungeons are unlocked, but I'm probably not going to take the time to do all of them one by one. I could keep them around in my journal just in case I roulette into the right dungeon as I go but then I'm taking up like a third of my quest log with quests I'm basically ignoring.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Harrow posted:

I wish there was a way to put certain quests on Ignore. Since I returned for Stormblood I have a bunch of 50/60 dungeon unlock quests clogging up the map, and I accepted them and got to the point where the dungeons are unlocked, but I'm probably not going to take the time to do all of them one by one. I could keep them around in my journal just in case I roulette into the right dungeon as I go but then I'm taking up like a third of my quest log with quests I'm basically ignoring.

You can. In your quest log, click the box to select it and then click it again to ignore it.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

You can. Click on the button next to the quest until it becomes a No symbol.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

You can, click on the box next to the quest in the journal a couple times.

edit: what they said!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

Too many jobs look too cool and fun and I'm having a very difficult time deciding. I got Red Mage to 60 and I kind of want to get one other job to 60 before I decide which one to do the Stormblood MSQ on, but I can't decide between Bard, Machinist, and Black Mage.

(I should probably just do Stormblood right now on Red Mage but those other jobs are really calling my name.)

I know I've asked already how Machinist and Black Mage are in Stormblood. How about Bard? I know people are pretty happy about the removal of cast times, at least. Is its basic gameplay fun? How about its AoE? (One of the things I don't like about Red Mage is how boring the AoE is.)

I don't wanna tell you how to play but.... please stop grinding and enjoy Stormblood already :smith: The story is really good and way better than doing 1000 runs of POTD or pvp again

I used to have alt-itis in old MMOs and I really regretted constantly hopping classes and not seeing endgame while everybody else was enjoying the content. You can always level alts later. You can level the MSQ later too, but... do it now while its hot and everybody's into it and running it nonstop :) In past MMOs I regretted it and I try to make myself stick to something now as a result.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I enjoyed and am hugely positive on the Gosetsu reveal because the Doma Castle thing by itself just felt like a pointless Haurchefant retread, and getting the rug pulled out from under me shows it's going to go in a different direction than HW plot. I have high hopes for it especially because he set so many death flags for himself. Both he and Yotsuyu really, ultimately wanted to die but they didn't--so what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I started playing Dragoon and PvP does them lots of favors. Two buttons instead of 8 for their two combos makes me smile. How I would love that for PvE. I thought Samurai needing 5 for their combo was crazy but Dragoons sure have it rough.

I sure hope that PvP skills are just testing the water for implementing them in PvE. At least as far as combo skills are concerned.