Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Neil Armbong posted:

Whoever said the trapped in a cave/collapsed building - that's mine. I can think of no more horrifying death than that. I hate bugs and won't pretend they don't make me jump, but it's not a fear. At least not a fear like being stuck somewhere, knowing that you can't move and no one can help you and you will slowly die.

If you think about it, in the majestic vastness that is the vacuum of space, you are actually trapped on a tiny stone pebble, hurtling uncontrollably into the void, never able to truly escape your own miserable death as you only travel in one direction across the fourth dimension; every decision you have ever made takes you inexorably closer to the same conclusion that every son of Man has ever reached. You can pay at the next window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This me telling you guys why sharks are scariest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

If you think about it, in the majestic vastness that is the vacuum of space, you are actually trapped on a tiny stone pebble, hurtling uncontrollably into the void, never able to truly escape your own miserable death as you only travel in one direction across the fourth dimension; every decision you have ever made takes you inexorably closer to the same conclusion that every son of Man has ever reached. You can pay at the next window.

The span of a life lessens the imminence of demise that being stuck somewhere has.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Neil Armbong posted:

The span of a life lessens the imminence of demise that being stuck somewhere has.

The longer your life the more time you can spend dreading the end and questioning whether you lived right. I would rather be stillborn than be George Washington.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My biggest fear is my little brother becoming stronger than me

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

My biggest fear is my little brother becoming stronger than me

This is a good fear.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

Whoever said the trapped in a cave/collapsed building - that's mine. I can think of no more horrifying death than that. I hate bugs and won't pretend they don't make me jump, but it's not a fear. At least not a fear like being stuck somewhere, knowing that you can't move and no one can help you and you will slowly die.

Same. Also, don't ever read about tunnel rats in Vietnam.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Anals of History posted:

Same. Also, don't ever read about tunnel rats in Vietnam.

My high school psych teacher was one of those. Tiny Filipino guy, had a grip like a vice if he was so inclined. Nice guy, nobody ever wanted to gently caress with him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Anything less than a swift, violent death is ignoble

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Anything less than a swift, violent death is ignoble

-James Harrison

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was within 3 feet of Wil Wheaton today and didn't have the balls to go "shut up, wesley!" I'm the betacuck its me.

That having been said outside a snafu with the comedy tent, id10t went exceptionally well considering it was literally the first day of this festival ever. OK Go puts on a helluva show and did a nearly perfect cover of Black Dog.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What's everyone's hipster moment? The thing you liked before anyone else did?

I had a friend let me borrow a copy of Songs and a copy of Soviet Kitsch and I almost literally fell in love with Regina Spektor's voice. She's not 100% mainstream now, but she's getting that Orange is the New Black theme song money.

I want to say Donald Glover too but only because I went down a Derrick Comedy click hole and ended up following them after Bro Rape. But everybody saw Bro Rape.

niggerfaggot is a way better DC sketch, as is KP

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I saw arcade fire at some random rear end festival in raleigh when i was like 17.

my girlfriend claims she invented the dab in a gymnastics floor routine in about 2001 and has video evidence to prove it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I played PC games before the PC itself was mainstream. :smuggo:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I want to say Donald Glover too but only because I went down a Derrick Comedy click hole and ended up following them after Bro Rape. But everybody saw Bro Rape.

niggerfaggot is a way better DC sketch, as is KP

I was at a party with him in nyc when I was 18. The owner of campushook (lol remember that) was dating a friend of mine and threw a big party. bro rape had just come out and i can't remember if that guy owned collegehumor as well.

i tell people he was an rear end in a top hat but in truth I don't remember anything about the night.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

They're saying Anthony Kennedy might announce his retirement on Monday. So long, Roe v. Wade. So long, marriage equality. :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gay marriage isn't getting overturned less than two years after it was confirmed.

Gotsuch himself said himself it was the law of the land.

Roe v wade......hoo boy.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I don't trust anything Gorsuch says, but I can see Roberts defecting so that he isn't considered the worst Chief Justice of all time.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
We're going to be a republican country for the rest of time. No way a conservative court will do the right things in terms of gerrymandering. Time to begin emigrate to New Zealand plan.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Who wants to come to Panama with me? We've got blackjack and hookers! And both are legal!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spent all morning working on my truck with my brother. It was overheating so we changed the thermostat, flushed the radiator and replaced some cracked hoses.

I feel like a man

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ehud posted:

Spent all morning working on my truck with my brother. It was overheating so we changed the thermostat, flushed the radiator and replaced some cracked hoses.

I feel like a man

I'm playing Injustice 2 on the couch in my underwear.

I also feel like a man.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not seeing anything beyond just rampant speculation concerning a Kennedy retirement. Basically just "he old."

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It's more of a Florio-esque "sources close to Kennedy say he is considering retiring soon"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Is Kennedy the one Reagan appointed? The one who did a hard left turn after convincing everyone he was conservative? That guy is cool.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Is Kennedy the one Reagan appointed? The one who did a hard left turn after convincing everyone he was conservative? That guy is cool.

He's the deciding vote on tons of issues. On the one hand, he protected abortion rights and gave us gay marriage. On the other hand, he gave us Citizens United, and put George Bush in office. He's cool in that he apparently has a mind of his own and does not just tow a party line; but it's a step too far, to call him a progressive.

If he retires, Trump will appoint a young far-right judge and the Republicans will control the court for a generation.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Chichevache posted:

My greatest fear is being in a lifeless marriage with someone I am sexually incompatible with but don't leave because of the kids. Then one day I finally cheat with the cute 27 year old at work and my kids think I'm scum, even though I'm not the one in the marriage who stopped giving oral sex the second a ring was on my finger.

The samest 'hell, same' that ever did same.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Leperflesh posted:

If he retires, Trump will appoint a young far-right judge and the Republicans will control the court for a generation.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BitesizedFluffyBass-mobile.mp4

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
GLOW is a great show y'all. It might get my girlfriend into wrasslin

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That was Souter, appointed by Bush. They won't make a mistake like that again.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sandra Day O'Conner was supposed to be conservative but ended up turning moderate. Weird that it happens a lot with Republican presidents.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/meananimals/status/879078496248713220

lol

it's a good Twitter account

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

Sandra Day O'Conner was supposed to be conservative but ended up turning moderate. Weird that it happens a lot with Republican presidents.

I think it's more that the Republican Party has gone batshit insane since the 80s.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm watching Ross Kemp documentaries and they're pretty okay

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God im loving bad at shadow of mordor

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FizFashizzle posted:

God im loving bad at shadow of mordor

Don't worry. I'm pretty bad at it too. I didn't play it more than a day or so though. Lol still own it too.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Hello my sweeties

Since we have last talked I have seen 3 more bald eagles :)

I also ate 4 lobster rolls ($80 like an idiot) this weekend. Not afraid.

Bar Harbor kicks rear end

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bald eagles are trash birds. Our national bird should be the turkey like Ben Franklin wanted.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Bald eagles are trash birds. Our national bird should be the turkey like Ben Franklin wanted.

Shut up you contrarian dork. I'll drop your rear end on location, on camera off camera all day every day. I'll throw a tv at you, word to Prodigy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

loving "bald eagles are trash birds"

Tell someone who cares dude

• Locked thread