Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

He also has a Wolverine skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

And a DBZ one!

D.Va, Artanis and Genji have colors that reference Evangelion.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Mierenneuker posted:

D.Va, Artanis and Genji have colors that reference Evangelion.

And probius!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

ketchup fountain ragnaros

I feel ill just looking at that. And then I think about what it must sound like.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think the lil rag skin is ugly

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

The killing complaint against a Blue Ragnaros was that it looked too much like Jaina's Water Elemental.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Al'Akir skin for Ragnaros pls

edit: or Neptulon

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bruceski posted:

So Cassia has a Wonder Woman coloring, Morales has Samus, and I think Sonya's black hair basic skin is supposed to reference Conan though I may be something that's not there. Are there any other special recolors like that hidden among characters' basic skins?

http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Easter_eggs_in_Heroes_of_the_Storm Seems pretty comprehensive. Among the basic tints I'm sure the Azure Jaina is meant to make you think of Frozen

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Those all have different silhouettes

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

In fairness, most people probably don't remember what the water elemental looks like at this point

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

smarion2 posted:

I'm on about a 5 game losing streak after bombing my placement matches... Not even sure whats going on but I know its time to take a break after a bad loss and get a whisper like this...

:psyduck:

He wanted you to pick Tychus and go Drakken Laser Drill for your ult. Duh.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bruceski posted:

So Cassia has a Wonder Woman coloring, Morales has Samus, and I think Sonya's black hair basic skin is supposed to reference Conan though I may be something that's not there. Are there any other special recolors like that hidden among characters' basic skins?

That's not Conan, that's Xena.

Yeah, it's a stupid reason. I could understand it a little better if the reason given was because they didn't want to do unique ability effects for each skin, but that excuse falls apart too when you consider the Weird Rocky Bullshit skins for Thrall and Zul'jin.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Or if they were really skittish about confusing Rag for a Water elly, make green and white skins for him.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I can't remember the last time I saw someone pick Water Elemental. I can barely even remember the last time I saw someone pick Jaina.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Semper Fudge posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw someone pick Water Elemental. I can barely even remember the last time I saw someone pick Jaina.

Jaina is still fine as a late pick. Genji and Tracer counter her really loving hard though, hence late pick

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Jaina used to be my girl, but that was back when Illidan was the scariest diver. Now you can draft an entire comp that hits the back line like a dump truck, support included.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Power Bottom posted:

That's not Conan, that's Xena.

Bloody Hell, how did I not spot that?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Tibalt posted:

Jaina used to be my girl, but that was back when Illidan was the scariest diver. Now you can draft an entire comp that hits the back line like a dump truck, support included.

nerf genji

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Just color change his armor so he's always red enough

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There are skins with Artanis and Alarak that make them look very similar at first glance.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bruceski posted:

Bloody Hell, how did I not spot that?

There are a lot of people who don't know who Xena is. I guess it's a cultural thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

There are a lot of people who don't know who Xena is. I guess it's a cultural thing.

There are teens playing the game now who were born after Xena ended.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Meow Tse-tung posted:

And probius!

That's the best probius skin

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

chumbler posted:

There are teens playing the game now who were born after Xena ended.

There are teens playing now who only know Diablo from Diablo 3.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Man I didn't realize that LoD came out 16 years ago. I feel even older now.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

EdRush posted:

http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Easter_eggs_in_Heroes_of_the_Storm Seems pretty comprehensive. Among the basic tints I'm sure the Azure Jaina is meant to make you think of Frozen

This is missing the Super Sonya skin being very heavily influenced by Cable.

I'm also convinced that Cyberhawk Kael is partially inspired to Stryfe.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Relentless posted:

This is missing the Super Sonya skin being very heavily influenced by Cable.

I'm also convinced that Cyberhawk Kael is partially inspired to Stryfe.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Coolness Averted posted:

There are kids playing now who could be twice as old as they are and they still wouldn't have been born when The Lost Vikings was released.

Man, this is getting into "the Giza Pyramids were older in Cleopatra's day than Cleopatra is in our day" territory. :smith:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The skin in general is a reference to Liefeld and his bullshit. The leotard and the metal arms/legs are Cable, the incredibly stupid loving swords and boxer headgear are Shatterstar, and the pouches all over are Liefeld's habit of completely covering every single character he ever drew in little leather pouches.

Edit: I can't help but link these articles every time Rob Liefeld is brought up, even if I'm the one bringing them up.

Kith fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 26, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

it finally happened

e: fml

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I had an all-Lunara brawl earlier this week and it was beyond awful.

On the other hand, in the one I just played I was the only healer/support on both teams (loving Lúcio no less) and I like to think his :sicknasty: heals were what enabled us to win in the end. :brrring:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 26, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Power Bottom posted:

I mean that I knew Xena, I was in high school when the show came out, I've made references to her relatively recently what with Wonder Woman coming out, and yet when I looked at that skin I said "that looks familiar, I think it's a Conan reference."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I had an all Ragnaros brawl. That was interesting.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I played Lost Vikings with my mom, who loved Xena

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I had an all Tychus that went 32 minutes and ended with our core at 30% when 2 of us went suicide Odin on their core to win it.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Posting here to bitch that I was getting sperged at by someone on my team on Hanamura for "not coming down to team fight" when I was soloing a top fort kill on Sonya. Also, we hit 10 first because I was doing that.

How is that not seen as a good thing?

Spoiler: we ended up losing that game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

CDW posted:

Posting here to bitch that I was getting sperged at by someone on my team on Hanamura for "not coming down to team fight" when I was soloing a top fort kill on Sonya. Also, we hit 10 first because I was doing that.

How is that not seen as a good thing?

Spoiler: we ended up losing that game.

We have a dedicated thread for bitching about the game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This might be a weird question, but does Malthael have a silence? I played a game as him and got the 'Silencer' award at the end and I have no idea how. Is it... A joke about how he was known as the 'silent angel' in the backstory...?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cuntellectual posted:

This might be a weird question, but does Malthael have a silence? I played a game as him and got the 'Silencer' award at the end and I have no idea how. Is it... A joke about how he was known as the 'silent angel' in the backstory...?

What talents did you take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Cuntellectual posted:

It's a bug. I got 30 seconds of silence on a Thrall earlier