Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tazgirl18992 posted:

I finally got the game! But played this on a pc it's decent specs (just below the recommended specs, better than the minimum) and even with FAR and it on the lowest settings it lags. :(

I have above average specs except for my video card and I got lucky running it... after I told my laptop that yes, I do want to run a modern game with my video card and not just the CPU. I have no idea how that happened, but that seemed to fix it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Engels 110-B is apparently Android 16 from Dragonball Z Abridged.

More just regular DBZ, the DBZA one still has a murderboner for Goku as of the most recent update, and 16 has always liked birds.

Machine Examinations 2 and the racing quest were how I figured out sidequests worked after a main ending. Thankfully I had only done the first race my first playthrough. There's another quest that was even more annoying for me to restart.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008
Sounds kinda glitchy. TDI didn't cover it, myself and others never experienced it, perhaps somehow the previous Engels battle was triggered in part.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
This is one place where Emil can actually come in handy if you don't already have a few speed chips on hand. Just buy a few from him, make a new loadout of nothing but speed chips and go to town.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

I see 9S has quit YoRHa to join the Ministry of Silly Walks.

(Wish I'd known that Pod power-up/slowdown trick when I played this; gently caress this sidequest!)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I beat the first two a different way. Third I used a speed boost pill.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Wondered if the Emil Shop Song contest was over yet, looks like there might be a week to go?

This was my favorite entry so far.
https://twitter.com/peacoatseason/status/878227203703664640

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eh, there's enough routes (3rd race) and ways to beat the races with technique that it's not so bad. It's not exactly great gameplay, but of the few major missteps in this game, this is the least of them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Today’s shitshow takes us to the wrecked highway onramp found just to the west of the Resistance Camp, next to the friendly wrecked Engels unit (who whose quest we’ll be finishing after this.)

The Dark Id posted:

Are you’re playing this game for the first time... or really any time and are not obsessed with coimpletionism?

The Dark Id posted:

We are instantly transported to the edge of the City Ruins crater, just a little bit ways north of Engels.
delete

The Dark Id posted:

2B’s dash is as fast as her dashing, but dashing repeatedly is slower than just sprinting.
sprinting (I think, maybe this is supposed to be a tautology?)

The Dark Id posted:

Wonderful! I knew you couldn’t resist the trill of the chase the moment I laid eyes on you!
thrill

The Dark Id posted:

Flyer Machine Lifeform Concept Art – Cheating sons of bitches, all of ‘em!
Do any stubbies ever get dropped off like this in game?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I forget the exact lines but he gets pissed off if you hit him during the race.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Did this quest as soon as it opened up.

Spent like half an hour on just the last race.

Reward was a speed up chip which I never even knew existed until after I'd beaten the quest, meaning I did the whole thing at base speed. :suicide:

(I did know about speed salves which is basically the whole reason I beat it at all, but still)

The Dark Id posted:

2B has to make her way across several rooftops lined with derelict air units and rooftop access ways. Here’s a hard and fast rule for this race: if 2B fails to clear any of these obstacles and has to climb up any of ‘em, she’s lost the race.

Ha, you went the wrong way! That route is a trap.

Mazerunner posted:

Huh, on the second race I went straight forward from the start, dropping off the building and running along the ground, then cut right a bit to climb up a big root to get on top of the building and never had much trouble on that stage. Never used any tricks with the pods or speed salves either :smug: but yeah gently caress this quest it's lovely.

This guy gets it, going down to street level saves like, close to ten seconds, making an incredibly tight race into a very manageable one. Only difficult part is the bushes (you'll avoid them after the first time they gently caress you up) and actually jumping up the tree root. (it can be a little tricky at first)

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
For the third race, if you start to self destruct when you jump off the building physics no longer apply. You'll fall at max speed and land without harm so you can immediately dash forward.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

White Coke posted:

Do any stubbies ever get dropped off like this in game?

Yeah, a few times you can see them getting flown in in the background. I think it's the game's way of justifying enemy respawns.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

apocalypticCritic posted:

Yeah, a few times you can see them getting flown in in the background. I think it's the game's way of justifying enemy respawns.

There are actually a lot of enemies that spawn like that. I remember seeing enemies on the bridge to the factory show up like that, for example. Not just stubbies, either - they can carry larger things.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

apocalypticCritic posted:

Yeah, there are several situations where stubbies are airlifted in, it's just that the default camera angle is such that you usually don't catch it unless you're dashing out of combat and looking upwards at just the right time.

e: Actually if you run around the city ruins after a reload you can see a couple groups of "newly spawned" enemies being airlifted in, iirc

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There are no chip no salve routes for all three races, though obviously chips and salves help with the execution.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The proper way is to just laser him without talking to him

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I can't believe Sonicbot is dead. All he wanted was to go fast. :qq:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 25, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, there are several situations where stubbies are airlifted in, it's just that the default camera angle is such that you usually don't catch it unless you're dashing out of combat and looking upwards at just the right time.

e: Actually if you run around the city ruins after a reload you can see a couple groups of "newly spawned" enemies being airlifted in, iirc

if you do the DLC Battle Arena, you can spot this pretty easily

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I used a different method for that third race. Aside from speed up chips, I used another set that I don't think I'd has shown off yet to give myself a 2-3 second period of no enemy movement. And even then it took me a dozen tries to beat the third race.

In short, gently caress Speed Star.

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

LordAba posted:

I have above average specs except for my video card and I got lucky running it... after I told my laptop that yes, I do want to run a modern game with my video card and not just the CPU. I have no idea how that happened, but that seemed to fix it up.
It does say in-game that it's using the graphics card, but I'll have a look to see if I can force the pc to use it incase the game is just detecting it. Though the OS is windows10 so I'm not sure how/if I can do that.

Tazgirl18992 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 25, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Until this update I hadn't really understood the comedic value of a properly-timed self-destruct.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
So here's something I'd never seen before while I was recording footage for the next update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGN7obUBQ8

Edit: The Stubbies didn't actually go flying off the cliff. They all landed on the bridge. Had to fight them afterwards.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 25, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So, I guess we can tell that machine how children are made now.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
"It's YorHA! EVERYBODY OUT!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That's just an incredibly attack which is kinda useless. Especially if she fires her children right of the cliff.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's just an incredibly attack which is kinda useless. Especially if she fires her children right of the cliff.

I'm just picturing a canyon full of damaged stubbies trying to get out and failing

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What else did you think was in that canyon?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

The Dark Id posted:

So here's something I'd never seen before while I was recording footage for the next update...

holy poo poo

I thought at first it was an emergency exit from critical damage, but no it looks like it just gets back up?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

Yeah, I've seen that happen a few times. It seems very rare. Also, the stubbies that come flying out are homing to a degree. Their surprise homing ability may have offed me in the DLC arena.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

If I remember correctly it also does a gently caress-ton of damage and then they get up and start fighting you too. And damages the Goliath as well. I fought one of these guys way underleveled and only beat him because he shot out too many mans to live. Well, I had to encourage him to part with the last few of his hitpoints

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

Edit: The Stubbies didn't actually go flying off the cliff. They all landed on the bridge. Had to fight them afterwards.
I see the machines took the phrase "blow it out your rear end" very literally.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

The Dark Id posted:

:yokotaro:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I've seen that happen before, but I'm glad I never said anything for the sake of the thread's reaction. :allears:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Dark Id posted:

Excellent work helping with that mother's delivery. Good job, TDI.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I have somewhere around 40 hours in this game and have never seen that

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

The Dark Id posted:

I've beaten the game, have all the trophies, done every sidequest, and gotten every ending. I had absolutely no idea that could happen, and now I'm wondering what else I've missed.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
That's some Sonic Dreams poo poo

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Dark Id posted:

It’s one of the few quests that isn’t effected by the next plot mission or even completing the game.
Affected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:stare: I've platinum'd everything about this game except the DLC which I still have yet to buy, and I have never seen that.

• Locked thread