Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Little Mac posted:

What I would like to see from this tournament:

1. A filler episode after a cliffhanger where Goku and Jiren stare down. In this filler, Yamcha must single-handedly repel an alien invasion on Earth.

2. A filler episode after a cliffhanger where Freeza and Frost are pointing death beam fingers at Vegeta. In this filler, Goten and Trunks stop poachers.

3. A filler episode after a cliffhanger where the head angel dude turns on the rest of the fighters and starts erasing Gods of Destruction. In this filler, Mr. Satan has to deal with Mr. Buu's loud snoring keeping him up at night.

4. A cliffhanger where Zamasu begins to overtake the void world. In the next episode, Raditz lands on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

4. A cliffhanger where Zamasu begins to overtake the void world. In the next episode, Raditz lands on Earth.

That would be a good episode though

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I want a hardboiled filler episode where Jaco has to solve a murder mystery. Then it turns out to not be a filler episode at all, as Jaco learns that the victim was killed by an assassin hired by the Grand Priest to prevent the dangerous secret truth about the Tournament of Power from being leaked. The next episode is nothing but Monaka making routine deliveries.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Given that Universe 6 already has a Broly, I predict that Frost will get a new form that looks just like Cooler.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Raxivace posted:

I want a hardboiled filler episode where Jaco has to solve a murder mystery. Then it turns out to not be a filler episode at all, as Jaco learns that the victim was killed by an assassin hired by the Grand Priest to prevent the dangerous secret truth about the Tournament of Power from being leaked. The next episode is nothing but Monaka making routine deliveries.

he stumbles with one of the boxes and it breaks open. inside is an anti-zeno sniper rifle and the delivery was addressed to the grand priest!!!!!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Who wants to bet that Frost will turn to actually not be a giant rear end in a top hat and is stringing Frieza along to take him down at a moment of weakness because Frieza is waaaaay too evil for him?

I got a feeling that he'll get some kind of redemption since his last run-in with Hit.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I used to think Frost might get some kinda redemption deal but after his recruitment by Hit and this scene with Freeza I doubt that's gonna happen anymore.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

HitTheTargets posted:

It's seems weird that, for once, they actually made the strong new opponent swole. Typically it's musclebound mooks like Nappa & the real elite fighter is tiny Vegeta.

You gotta shake things up every so often.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

a cartoon duck posted:

I used to think Frost might get some kinda redemption deal but after his recruitment by Hit and this scene with Freeza I doubt that's gonna happen anymore.

it would fit him. betray freeza, be "redeemed" and then go back to playing the hero while actually being a giant villian in the shadows

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

khwarezm posted:

Who wants to bet that Frost will turn to actually not be a giant rear end in a top hat and is stringing Frieza along to take him down at a moment of weakness because Frieza is waaaaay too evil for him?

I got a feeling that he'll get some kind of redemption since his last run-in with Hit.

Nah once a Freezer always a Freezer. They can't be trusted. Granted I do see a backstab and going yo I maybe evil but I"m not I dont' care about my universe evil.

edit: Ok that would be hilarious if that was his redemtpion.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Considering earlier they made a point that Roshi still can't fly, it makes sense and seemed obvious.

It is dragon ball so no flying is weird BUT as Goku showed they can still jump really fuckin high so there will be fighting in the air still.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No flying sounds like it's going to make the blocking of the fight a giant mess.

Of course in reality everyone except the 3-4 people being focused on per episode are going to disappear the instant the camera isn't on them.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Veotax posted:

They're stretched out to an incredible degree. The SSJ3 Goku vs Beerus fight that was like two minutes in the movie is a whole, terribly animated episode.

I really wish anime was faster paced like the film. Makes it much more enjoyable.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Saagonsa posted:

lol at everyone who was so positive that flying was allowed for everything other than the out of bounds area

To be fair that's exactly what the example showed, the flying fighter was fine until they went out of bounds then fell like a rock.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Momomo posted:

They seem to have just changed their minds on that though since the Yardrat isn't Universe 6's member. I'm going to guess the planets can be sprinkled across any amount of universes so they can pull more saiyans out their rear end.

It could be that they changed their minds on how the universes work, but they did make a point just last week that there's no rule saying the fighters need to be native to that universe. So I hope they go with them being a U7/6 Yardrat that managed to Instant Transmission his way to another universe and has been living there.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They can't fly, but they can all still jump good.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rhonne posted:

They can't fly, but they can all still fall with style.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

they need to make a game for this arc.

80 players, 8 teams, basically a large arena pubg style game but with martial arts and ki stuff instead of guns. the characters are all so varied you could have so many different playstyles.

I'm only okay with this if it means you are randomly Goku instead of can pick Goku, or you can make OCs and only be OCs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So yeah, it totally looks like they're gonna hype the poo poo out of Goku and Jiren. Jiren's voice is great. Can't wait.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

They seem to have just changed their minds on that though since the Yardrat isn't Universe 6's member. I'm going to guess the planets can be sprinkled across any amount of universes so they can pull more saiyans out their rear end.

You must have missed what I said right before I replied. Yardrats are the dudes who know the all powerful teleportation move that can teleport you to the after life and back, along with anywhere else. It makes perfect sense that they would be able to cross universes with the move.

Gruckles posted:

It could be that they changed their minds on how the universes work, but they did make a point just last week that there's no rule saying the fighters need to be native to that universe. So I hope they go with them being a U7/6 Yardrat that managed to Instant Transmission his way to another universe and has been living there.

Or the Yardrats are native to 2 and 11 and a group of them teleported over to universe 7. Who knows but it's fairly unimportant.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 25, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Frieeza is extremely great

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

WHen's Goten/Trunks/Marron vs poachers

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
But, but what about Yamcha :qq:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Really hope Frieza sticks around without reforming

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know, I'm getting some serious Namek saga Vegeta vibes from Freeza right now. A part of me still says he stays a bad guy, but at the moment he seems like he's on the path. That shot of him and Goku unconscious in the water is classic anime rival stuff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Uh did you watch any of the current episode?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rhonne posted:

Given that Universe 6 already has a Broly, I predict that Frost will get a new form that looks just like Cooler.

This would be amazing. Please do this, Toei :pray:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBX posted:

Uh did you watch any of the current episode?

Well, it's not like I'm expecting him to turn into Piccolo right away. It took Vegeta basically all of Z to get where he is now. All I'm saying is that every other time a villain in Dragon Ball teamed up with the the good guys they eventually wound up like Vegeta and Piccolo. So yeah, Freeza is still a bad dude, and I fully expect him to keep doing bad things, but so did Vegeta right up to the Buu arc.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
pan_giving_freeza_world's_best_(cosmic)_dad_mug.jpg

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Universe 11's god of destruction and retainer seem a little bit like the joker and harley quinn!

Am I the first person ever to notice that or am I very very slow?

e: Yeah I am the slowest. The first few searches within the thread for "Harley" gave no results. Yay me!

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 25, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

deadly_pudding posted:

This would be amazing. Please do this, Toei :pray:

I would be totally down for Universe 6 being the movie universe. Maybe they're hiding a Namekian that's weak to whistling too.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm only okay with this if it means you are randomly Goku instead of can pick Goku, or you can make OCs and only be OCs.

No items, Trunks only, Final Destination.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/aomushi5910/status/878930614367342592

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The only thing better than this episode and tournament hype is being vindicated that of COURSE there's no flying allowed OBVIOUSLY.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gently caress the tournament. We need 100 episodes of this ASAP.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope we get a Goku vs Caulifla match to see who is the most Goku

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

It'd be funnier if Vegeta was the tall child considering Goku was freaking short as a kid.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Beerus being an angry teacher who just wants this dumb school trip to be over with is the best.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Alan_Shore posted:

The only thing better than this episode and tournament hype is being vindicated that of COURSE there's no flying allowed OBVIOUSLY.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Well, it's not like I'm expecting him to turn into Piccolo right away. It took Vegeta basically all of Z to get where he is now. All I'm saying is that every other time a villain in Dragon Ball teamed up with the the good guys they eventually wound up like Vegeta and Piccolo. So yeah, Freeza is still a bad dude, and I fully expect him to keep doing bad things, but so did Vegeta right up to the Buu arc.

Vegeta is an orphaned child raised under rule of the devil.

Frieza is the devil. There's a difference.

• Locked thread