Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I would say the Sixers are not going to make the playoffs but the Bulls and Hawks are likely locks to fall out of the playoffs. Pacers too if they end up dealing George.

I'm guessing Miami will slide in to one of the slots. But after the 6th team in that conference, it's a complete shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

I would say the Sixers are not going to make the playoffs but the Bulls and Hawks are likely locks to fall out of the playoffs. Pacers too if they end up dealing George.

I'm guessing Miami will slide in to one of the slots. But after the 6th team in that conference, it's a complete shitshow.

Charlotte probably moves up, Miami too

Sixers could definitely do it but the two people responsible for most of the ballhandling/playmaking will be rookies and expectations should be adjusted accordingly

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It's not too crazy, the East will have some really putrid teams. Assuming Millsap signs elsewhere and George gets traded, those last two playoffs slots could be anyone.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jota posted:

Can't believe you could feel the need to hate on a delightful, charming, handsome, and talented man like Joel. I'll pray for you, I hope that you can find inner happiness, my friend.

SORTA pissed that you didn't tell us people call him the Mayor and also pissed that you don't call him the Mayor

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah lmao the Pacers will for sure fall out of the playoffs, but they'll try their damnedest to get in!!! And they'll ruin their lottery chances doing so.

PG is definitely gone, even if it's for pennies on the dollar. They won't re-sign Teague and they'll likely deal Thad Young by the trade deadline.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jumpman23/status/878991190875439105

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Process is the best nickname in sports tho

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

The Process is the best nickname in sports tho

Lenny Beans

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fast Luck posted:

Joel Embiid is the best defensive anchor in the NBA already, statistics confirm. He'll be able to cover up the deficiencies of his young teammates and the Sixers will make the playoffs. Kevin Durant is a hater.

cant play defense if you cant play basketball

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Live right by Barclays and saw a mid 30s dude in full purple 55 Kings jersey, shorts and Kings branded purple Chucks waiting at 10am.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Another game for Milos!

lol

jimmy taunting me specifically with that hat

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

Yeah lmao the Pacers will for sure fall out of the playoffs, but they'll try their damnedest to get in!!! And they'll ruin their lottery chances doing so.

PG is definitely gone, even if it's for pennies on the dollar. They won't re-sign Teague and they'll likely deal Thad Young by the trade deadline.

Oh yeah, 8th seed for life. Well the silver lining in all this is that Myles seems to be taking it in stride and wants to lead the team.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

poo poo, wow. Didn't think Utah would be the team to do that. That's a good signing for them.

Rockets are also making some moves and bringing over some big time international players

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879024740735889409

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Shawn Dawson is back I'm extremely happy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/879116750775824384

lmao if it falls through

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm not a "Lebron to LA" doomsayer, but the only way I see him hesitant on that job is if he thinks Bron is leaving or Gilbert wants the payroll slashed.

E: https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879119326812356608

What in the world would Denver want with Love?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

I'm not a "Lebron to LA" doomsayer, but the only way I see him hesitant on that job is if he thinks Bron is leaving or Gilbert wants the payroll slashed.

I don't know, but if it sees us getting some firsts, I don't give a drat!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

In the Lowe-Arnovitz podcast, they said Denver is trying to get a star at pretty much any costs and don't really care if it's a rental or whatever

cue arguments about whether kevin love is an all-star, possibly a joke about him being an all-star professional eater, etc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jettison more talent out of the east

Sure

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You guys are nuts if you don't think Love is an all-star level player if he is featured in an offense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eltoasto posted:

Love next to Jokic would be insane why wouldn't they want that

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Tae posted:

Jettison more talent out of the east

Sure

They'd just be sending Love back to the West where he belongs.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pubic works project posted:

They'd just be sending Love back to the West where he belongs.

gently caress it, put Love back on the Wolves.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Shear Modulus posted:

gently caress it, put Love back on the Wolves.

The only reason I'm not reacting violently to this is because I've got the mental image of Thibs completely breaking the laziest defender I've ever seen live.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Shawn Dawson is back I'm extremely happy

Same.

Reposting an interview with him over snowballs from last season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMjyvNJclTo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

In the Lowe-Arnovitz podcast, they said Denver is trying to get a star at pretty much any costs and don't really care if it's a rental or whatever

cue arguments about whether kevin love is an all-star, possibly a joke about him being an all-star professional eater, etc

denver is rather dumb if true

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol if the Cavs land Paul George before hiring a GM

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol if the Cavs land Paul George before hiring a GM

some summer season ticket sales intern manning the phone and getting deals DONE

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Do the Cavs even get better with PG instead of Kevin Love

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oooh

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/879128251440013312

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

No!

I dont even like it as a Warriors specific move.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

chunkles posted:

some summer season ticket sales intern manning the phone and getting deals DONE

It's me guys. I'm doin' work!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8vatbrb

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

This reads less like news and more like just elaborating on what the Cavs tried to do on draft night

Hope Melo goes there and blows it all up though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doltos posted:

Love next to Jokic would be insane why wouldn't they want that

Seems like a terrible fit to me. They're both best when they handle the ball and run the offense out of the high post, both poor to middling defenders, good rebounders but not great cleanup guys, slow. They duplicate one another's best traits and exacerbate each other's worst ones. Hella spacing on that team though and that's the mania right now I guess

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Cool Buff Man posted:

This reads less like news and more like just elaborating on what the Cavs tried to do on draft night

Hope Melo goes there and blows it all up though

Yeah, lots of past tense. Probably for the best anyway. Imagine how many points Boogie, AD, KAT etc. would put up on that frontcourt. They'd probably break records. Those fullcourt outlet passes would have been rad, though.

I'd be fine with the Nuggets just adding Millsap and maybe Beverley then calling it an offseason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Their D might be better?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Yeah, lots of past tense. Probably for the best anyway. Imagine how many points Boogie, AD, KAT etc. would put up on that frontcourt. They'd probably break records. Those fullcourt outlet passes would have been rad, though.

I'd be fine with the Nuggets just adding Millsap and maybe Beverley then calling it an offseason.

I think it would make Beverly really happy to be the real pg and share offense creating with Jokic. Millsap would help them but I don't know if that would mess up their chances of re-signing their draftees in 2-3 years from now

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I suspect Millsap will want to play for a team that's at least already a playoff squad, not a young team that won't be good until
he's in his mid 30s

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I wonder if Millsap could be a target for Miami if they don't land Hayward? Would kind of fit pretty well next to Whiteside and is certainly an upgrade over last years starting PF, Luke Babbitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If the heat wanted to pay bad money long term, they would've just kept wade

• Locked thread