Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'd go so far as to say that if you think crushed peanuts + oil tastes bad, you're a broken human. Even tiny picky toddler taste buds are hardwired to go crazy for that delicious sort of fatty calorie overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'd go so far as to say that if you think crushed peanuts + oil tastes bad, you're a broken human. Even tiny picky toddler taste buds are hardwired to go crazy for that delicious sort of fatty calorie overload.

The oil isn't added, peanuts are naturally oily.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You made a blanket statement that they are bad and dumb when you really meant they are bad and dumb for you personally.

I mean, isn't this kind of the place for blanket statements?

I'm inclined to agree with you, though. If someone can afford it, why not buy a mcmansion.

One problem, I think, is that a lot of people overspend on housing because they haven't taken a rational look at what their retirement situation is going to demand. I don't remember the statistic, but purportedly a huge slice of six-figure America lives month to month.

Potato Salad has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Jun 25, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

The oil isn't added, peanuts are naturally oily.

Huh, you're right. I thought it was necessary to add more oil for texture.

That makes that opinion even worse and dumber though. Peanuts and salt, eugh.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How come crows all go loving nuts for peanuts and know how to open them up and eat them like pros, but seagulls have no clue? They'll see the crows feasting on them and want in on the action, but then they pick up the peanut, drop it, look at it confused, pick it up, put it down, they can't figure it out but they know it's something good because the crows are all eating them. Yet seagulls routinely pick apart dead crabs and other shelled creatures to get the meat out, it's the exact same sort of technique but they're too stupid to adapt it to peanuts.

Anyways, it's more expensive but I think almond butter is even better than peanut butter.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Crunchy peanut butter is for ISIS.

Why yes, let me spread this crunchy mess on my bread oh wait now its torn the bread because of its bullshit chunks. Creamy is the only butter.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

How come crows all go loving nuts for peanuts and know how to open them up and eat them like pros, but seagulls have no clue? They'll see the crows feasting on them and want in on the action, but then they pick up the peanut, drop it, look at it confused, pick it up, put it down, they can't figure it out but they know it's something good because the crows are all eating them. Yet seagulls routinely pick apart dead crabs and other shelled creatures to get the meat out, it's the exact same sort of technique but they're too stupid to adapt it to peanuts.

Anyways, it's more expensive but I think almond butter is even better than peanut butter.

Probably the same reason why they try to swallow entire hot dogs whole.

They're idiots.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Baronjutter posted:

Crows are actually pretty intelligent. Crows can make and use rudimentary tools and figure out all sorts of crazy poo poo.

Seagulls are loving stupid.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

Why yes, let me spread this crunchy mess on my bread oh wait now its torn the bread because of its bullshit chunks. Creamy is the only butter.

I can't imagine how you manage to tear bread by spreading the superior peanut butter on it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Seagulls can be surprisingly smart. We used to have a seagull couple come and get fed for like a decade, same 2. One day a 3rd one showed up, we called it "knock" because it would knock on the door or windows, very loudly like the police were there, and demand to be fed. The other 2 would chase it off, but they learned by observing the knocking trick. It took them a while, but they got the idea of making a noise on the door to get food. For a decade they never did it, then they saw a seagull do it and get food, then they learned it. I thought that was a pretty interesting bit of seagull intelligence.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I don't have a peanut butter variety preference.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I like the peanut butter that comes with the jelly already mixed in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jastiger posted:

How do you gently caress up spreading peanut butter? Do you genuinely have a movement disorder?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Dross posted:

I don't have a peanut butter variety preference.

You monster.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Reese's pb would be gross on its own but is great in context.

PB2 is not good as a pb replacement but is delicious in shakes, yogurt, oatmeal, baking, etc as a low cal, protein-heavy peanut flavoring

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

How do you gently caress up spreading peanut butter? Do you genuinely have a movement disorder?

Its chunky so the chunks get stuck on the soft bread where as creamy, like butter, spreads easily.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jastiger posted:

Its chunky so the chunks get stuck on the soft bread where as creamy, like butter, spreads easily.

How many times in your life have you failed at a simple domestic task and turned to the camera and said "There has to be a better way!"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

How many times in your life have you failed at a simple domestic task and turned to the camera and said "There has to be a better way!"

Every time i read your posts.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
The people that bitch about 'tearing the bread' when spreading peanut butter are using that god-awful ultra-soft white bread designed for toddlers. Y'know, the kind where you can take an entire loaf and squeeze it down to a small cube the size of a couple decks of cards.

Real adult bread stands up to peanut butter, goddamnit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MY peanut butter consumption is mainly a spoon right out of the jar and I don't apologize.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mu Zeta posted:

Cooking in a small apartment sucks. The smell. The smell!!!! It permeates everything in a small space.

Maybe try making something good next time.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

French onion soup smells awesome but it gets into your clothes and it's real bad after a few days and you have to wash everything.

Sauteed mushrooms with garlic on toast? That smell permeates everything too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

French onion soup smells awesome but it gets into your clothes and it's real bad after a few days and you have to wash everything.

Have you tried not spilling it loving everywhere?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why would anyone cook a thing that you don't want your home smelling like?
Also, only children and riff-raff eat ultra fluffy soft lovely american bread. At least toast that poo poo up before spreading the peanut butter on it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You guys obviously live in larger, airier homes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Why would anyone cook a thing that you don't want your home smelling like?

I don't know; I'm OK with cooked cabbage but I don't want to cook it in my home because it stinks up the place :shrug:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Guy Goodbody posted:

Jastiger posted:

Every time i read your posts.

See an eye doctor maybe?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

JnnyThndrs posted:

The people that bitch about 'tearing the bread' when spreading peanut butter are using that god-awful ultra-soft white bread designed for toddlers. Y'know, the kind where you can take an entire loaf and squeeze it down to a small cube the size of a couple decks of cards.

Real adult bread stands up to peanut butter, goddamnit.

nah man i've made peanut butter sandwiches with that poo poo before and the only way you tear the bread is if you are some sort of rage monster

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I hate white bread. I've had a couple of good homemade ones, but I guess you really gotta TLC that poo poo to get flavor. Might as well go with ryes and sourdoughs.
Southern biscuits above all toasts, tho.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Biscuits are so greasy. I hate when restaurants make sandwiches with them. Put the greasy stuff in the sandwich but don't make the actual bread greasy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jastiger posted:

As well as you being some kind of neanderthal who can't spread peanut butter, smooth is just bad. It's like eating glue.

Mu Zeta posted:

You have to wash your clothes after a few days? Weren't you going to do that anyway?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Huh. I'm not sure how you make a biscuit greasy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

As well as you being some kind of neanderthal who can't spread peanut butter, smooth is just bad. It's like eating glue.

You have to wash your clothes after a few days? Weren't you going to do that anyway?

No. I'm talking about the smell permeating into my closet. This whole conversation was about how living in a small apartment sucks because the smell goes everywhere.

Das Boo posted:

Huh. I'm not sure how you make a biscuit greasy.

A biscuit is like 40% lard/butter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

A biscuit is like 40% lard/butter.

Have you considered the possibility that your biscuits are a piece of poo poo?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Your biscuits are poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This whole conversation about grown up bread and peanut butter is great if you imagine someone saying it to a normal person in real life

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

The biscuit preparation procedure at many restaurants involves buttering then heavily several times at different points in the process.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ants on a log is really good

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

No. I'm talking about the smell permeating into my closet. This whole conversation was about how living in a small apartment sucks because the smell goes everywhere.

Buddy if the smell is getting into the clothes in your closet then it's also in your carpets, your chairs, your bed and bedding, curtains...

your house loving reeks of french onion soup from that one time you made it basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Creamy peanut butter, jelly salads, waterbeers, gravy-as-a-meal, and the concept of 'biscuit and gravy' are all American war crimes against cuisine.