Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
that means you downloaded too much

go delete a file or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Phanatic posted:

Patcher's bugged for me. Stuck on 'patch local files,' currently patching 235kb/160kb, at some small handful of bytes per second.

Oh, now 271kb/160kb. I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

My download time's jumping everywhere from over an hour to around a half hour, but it's still showing a steady download pace in MB so there's that at least.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Game would have been up and running, without any issues, if Joel was still running the show. :smug:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Pryce posted:

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/hotfix-june-25-2017-downtime/

Sure am glad I didn't find out about the exploit until it was over.

Man I was away all day and missed out on the drama.

Anyway to get all the ARG weapons on one email?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

afkmacro posted:

Man I was away all day and missed out on the drama.

Anyway to get all the ARG weapons on one email?

People have said that the ARG created posted "in discord" that you get all 9 and that picking one during the ARG is just for lore.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Suck on authenticating with the character server after I put in my password. So much for hoping I could play at all tonight :(

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Sedisp posted:

Suck on authenticating with the character server after I put in my password. So much for hoping I could play at all tonight :(

I'm having same problem.

edit: I got in.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 26, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

they found the problem but couldn't figure out how to fix it so they turned off the ah server

little did they know that was also the log in authentication server

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Looks like they rolled currency back to yesterday evening some time. I'm a few thousand short of what I had when I logged around 12 EST.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Richard M Nixon posted:

People have said that the ARG created posted "in discord" that you get all 9 and that picking one during the ARG is just for lore.

Thanks bud.

If anyone is on, please invite afkmacro.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
loving lol at the bans.

Can someone tell me what/how this arg poo poo works? I get in game weapons or lore for this or what? What do I have to do?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Has anybody gotten the email with their code yet? Just wondering how long it takes before it shows up.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Differo Cathedra posted:

Has anybody gotten the email with their code yet? Just wondering how long it takes before it shows up.

Haven't received mine yet. I figure considering everything else going on, I might not see it show up today.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the next waxing moon is tomorrow, they're probably gonna send em then.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

lmao of course they would reboot TSW with a completely broken cash shop

Minsky
May 23, 2001

knowing this engine's UI I'm not surprised if there is an actionscript function to just add Aurum to your account

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Speaking of Sanctuary stupidity...

I just had a conversation with people who insist that Warframe's monetization is identical to SWL's. I was floored.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I forgot about this guy.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well i lost 26k marks because I had a buy order up at some point so I'm loving pissed.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Is the whole 'transfer your character from TSW broken?'

I did it the other day and there's no character there, and the option to do it from the account screen has vanished.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

PST posted:

Is the whole 'transfer your character from TSW broken?'

I did it the other day and there's no character there, and the option to do it from the account screen has vanished.

It's not a character transfer. It's more like transfer cosmetics and veteran/lifetime status.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

look at my loving eyebrows

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

phosdex posted:

It's not a character transfer. It's more like transfer cosmetics and veteran/lifetime status.

Ahh gotcha, ta muchly.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also I could be wrong but I think I could only claim all my Old TSW cosmetics and stuff around the same time I met Boone at the Kingsmouth entrance.

Can't go back and check how I did it, just remember going "what do these buttons I can't access do?" for a while at first.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

You can claim your TSW stuff as soon as you get to Agartha

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I'm in as Leandris, could somebody invite me to the goon cabal if anyone's still up?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Sekenr posted:

You can claim your TSW stuff as soon as you get to Agartha

Mine didn't pop for me until I reached Kingsmouth, but for all I know it could've been from the lag going on during day one.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

when you que for a dungeon, you can select multiple roles, but does the game tell you which you got in for

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Invite for Daedalu5 please.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haha so dungeons have daily exp as a quest

second run nothing

so if you just wanted to run it over and over for a weapon you get poo poo

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Third World Reggin posted:

haha so dungeons have daily exp as a quest

second run nothing

so if you just wanted to run it over and over for a weapon you get poo poo

The game is really good at letting you know when its time to stop playing.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Third World Reggin posted:

when you que for a dungeon, you can select multiple roles, but does the game tell you which you got in for

That's because story mode doesn't have roles. Ideally it's so easy that it doesn't matter. In reality, there's a few bosses in later dungeons that are miserable without a healer.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

That's because story mode doesn't have roles. Ideally it's so easy that it doesn't matter. In reality, there's a few bosses in later dungeons that are miserable without a healer.

tell that to my two healer one tank group who had a problem passing a dps check

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ok blood magic chat

if you go to blood magic and hit the question mark it explains some poo poo

You got two scales that go to 100 and fight against each other, ok this part I get

Then part of it says you have certain thresholds at 10, 60, and 90 points

Then it says you have 3 important thresholds and gives you 4 ranges of 0-25, 25-50, 50-75, and 75-100

the bar you have looks like it is set up for 10, 60, 90 and not quarters

why the hell is that quarter poo poo even in there or am I dealing with one thing that isn't shown and one thing that is on the bars?

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 26, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hell if I know. I don't even know how to rotate the cylinders in my magic pistols.

The game did explain them to me at some point but can I find that explanation again? Nope.

Press button, avoid AOE and hope for best is all I've been doing.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 26, 2017

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I had a TSW account and I know which email is connected to it but I can't for the life of me remember which username I had :shrug:

Is this game actually any fun at all to play or are you just self flaggelating as per usual in this here subforum?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Well the faces available at chargen are still all trash. The women all look like members of the Kardashian family who went through a beating with the botox stick. The dudes are all Asian for some reason.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

if you join the dragon faction, you have to be asian

I am a black man from london because I joined the good faction

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Of note: If your TSW character was male and you create a female TSWL character for the hell of it, your clothes won't transfer properly. The sets apparently aren't just gender-specific, but count as different items for the purpose of what you own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

kayakyakr posted:

Of note: If your TSW character was male and you create a female TSWL character for the hell of it, your clothes won't transfer properly. The sets apparently aren't just gender-specific, but count as different items for the purpose of what you own.

That was why every alt I had was male. I wasn't going to pay to unlock the unicorn visage account wide a second time. I could see things that didn't have a female equivalent being gender bound but things like the golden tux? Why do you need to buy that twice? I mean we all know the true reason is Code Is Hard but I'm pretty sure no other f2p game did poo poo like that