Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Something about Phish

Phrog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
I missed the ending due to getting my sick mum a drink to take her meds

What happened?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

But David, nuclear power is great and we used it for electricity on the Mars rover.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
The last part of the episode was someone crunching egg shells slowly in their fist for 10 minutes and it was horrifying. gently caress.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I missed the ending due to getting my sick mum a drink to take her meds

What happened?

The Woodsman did not get a light

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm so hard right now

Lanz
May 30, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Christ.

Well.

I have no idea what any of that was about but I'm assuming we just saw the creation of the Black Lodge and the spread of its evil ilk. or something. i guess. gently caress i dunno i need a cig

I think the Black Lodge needs to predate it, since the Nez Pierce had it established as part of their legends and hte like.

But Humanity definitely opened the world the gently caress up to *something* when they split the atom there.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

So the frogroach was the potentiality for Laura being implanted into Sarah, yeah?

But why the poem from the Woodsman? To get Sarah to fall asleep? But he's an evil spirit or whatnot, and Laura was defined in this episode as the counterweight to Bob, basically the agent of the White Lodge. Why would the Woodsman help?

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Welp this all ties into Garland Briggs and Project Blue book now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think I'm fine with the two week break. I know I'll need it after that.:aaaaa:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

CJacobs posted:

David lynch still standing offscreen with his megaphone "I BET YOU REGRET TALKING poo poo ABOUT MY BRAIN TREE CGI NOW DONTCHA"

"BITCH ABOUT MY SMOKING HABITS WILL YOU!?"

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
This is the water. And this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eye and dark within.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 26, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Also, what the gently caress must have Showtime execs been thinking when they screened this episode, besides "what the hell have we done"?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think I'm fine with the two week break. I know I'll need it after that.:aaaaa:
Yeah I'm just gonna be rewatching this thing for 2 weeks trying (and failing, probably) to piece it together

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
So, uh, I think what I just saw was:
- US conducts the White Sands nuclear test
- This creates an opening for the glass box entity("Mother"?) to send BOB from some outside place/the Black Lodge(?)
- BOB hatches as the frogfly creature
- The Woodsman is a John the Baptist-esque figure who hypnotizes the town using the radio station so Frogfly-BOB can find a human host to presumably become the Frank Silva BOB
- The Giant creates Laura Palmer(?!?)

Assuming this is the same Woodsman from FWWM, this would seem to torpedo the theory that the Woodsman is the Log Lady's late husband/the spirit in the Log

Edit: Where are people getting that the girl is Sarah Palmer?

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Mike Danger posted:

So, uh, I think what I just saw was:
- US conducts the White Sands nuclear test
- This creates an opening for the glass box entity("Mother"?) to send BOB from some outside place/the Black Lodge(?)
- BOB hatches as the frogfly creature
- The Woodsman is a John the Baptist-esque figure who hypnotizes the town using the radio station so Frogfly-BOB can find a human host to presumably become the Frank Silva BOB
- The Giant creates Laura Palmer(?!?)

Assuming this is the same Woodsman from FWWM, this would seem to torpedo the theory that the Woodsman is the Log Lady's late husband/the spirit in the Log

Could the implanted girl be the log lady? She's probably too young.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
So I wonder what happened with Bad Cooper now. Is he really gone? Did those things take him back to the lodge? Or are they reviving him? or what. It didn't look like they were trying to help him live. I don't even know.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Erica Eynon was credited as "Experiment" - she's also noted as "Experiment Model" in Ep1, so that's the creature from the glass box.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

So I wonder what happened with Bad Cooper now. Is he really gone? Did those things take him back to the lodge? Or are they reviving him? or what. It didn't look like they were trying to help him live. I don't even know.

He did sit up without too much trouble right before the flashback.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

LostRook posted:

He did sit up without too much trouble right before the flashback.

I didn't even see that lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

regulargonzalez posted:

Also, what the gently caress must have Showtime execs been thinking when they screened this episode, besides "what the hell have we done"?

"Whoops"

Kawalimus posted:

Well, we saw him sit up, so he's not dead as far as Lynch's definition of 'dead' goes at least

edit: beat

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

el oso posted:

Erica Eynon was credited as "Experiment" - she's also noted as "Experiment Model" in Ep1, so that's the creature from the glass box.

Ohhh, ok...I saw that in the Ep1 credits and didn't remember any "Experiment Model" (as in fashion model I guess I thought?)

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
David Lynch is insane and I'm glad Showtime didn't stop the madness.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Bad coop might be full on Bob now.

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

I didn't even see that lol

In the midst of everything else, I don't blame ya

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I am so happy with this episode, and I wonder how many people are going to nope out of this series after this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, for reference, Cooper was born in 1954 so none of this probably has anything to do with him. uh, probably

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I have no idea anything that just happened

It was the craziest hour in TV history

Showtime is insane

We will never get a season 4

I love it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, after Nine Inch Nails played, Doppelcoop comes back to life.

pyrotek posted:

I have no idea anything that just happened

It was the craziest hour in TV history

Showtime is insane

We will never get a season 4

I love it
I'm totally okay with not getting a season 4. Season 3 has been more than I could've ever hoped for already.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mark Frost: "Yeah, sorry, David, I've come down with a nasty flu so I won't be in today. You can take care of this episode, right?"

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Now that's what I call television.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

The NIN show was a dream that revived him.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Clearly Ray should've killed NiN first so they couldn't rez Dopplecoop.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Section 9 posted:

The NIN show was a dream that revived him.

Trent Reznor is EvilCoop's spirit guide.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I'm totally okay with not getting a season 4. Season 3 has been more than I could've ever hoped for already.

Couldn't agree more

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Is it just me or is Reznor mimicking the BOB laugh at a few points during that performance? Not a NIN fan so I don't have a lot to go on.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Everyone who was getting sick of Dougie gets a break from his antics. I guess be careful what you wish for.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mike Danger posted:

Is it just me or is Reznor mimicking the BOB laugh at a few points during that performance? Not a NIN fan so I don't have a lot to go on.
Certainly looked like it, yeah! He hasn't looked like that at shows the last couple times I've seen them, at least. But this is new material, so I don't know if he's changing his performing style for the new material or something.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is the greatest show of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Leland, soon: It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss