Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

OzFactor posted:

Yeah, the MK can solo Omni without breaking a sweat so send everybody else to Minotaur. Give them all Sing, Main Gauches, and Elf Mantles, put them in the back row, and set two of them to Swift Song. Let the third heal, maybe with Hermes Sandals so he can keep up. He's not real fast and the real problem is counters, so you can keep up if you don't hit him. Once you're max speed, Strength Song to max, then switch to the CK and hit him with it (with the other two healing after counters) until he dies.

!Sing wasn't allowed though, all the options were greyed out? I did send the other three to the Minotaur and just got lucky with lots of elven mantle dodges and healing staff attacks to stay alive. It just took a while. The Mystic did solo Omni pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Oh, sorry, I could have sworn it was allowed. Oh well, congratulations!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

First time doing the Fiesta and so far I've got Thief and Berserker. Any advice besides grind?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ethiser posted:

First time doing the Fiesta and so far I've got Thief and Berserker. Any advice besides grind?

Grind MOAR.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Cry a little bit?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Poltergeists on the Steamship have Hi-Potions as Steals. Might be worth your time grabbing a few for the boss there (and you may want to go back after the dungeon, depending on your next job).

Use a map for Karnak and focus on important items. Main Gauche and Elven Mantle are musts, Ribbon's worth it just for the chance of rolling Dancer later, and might as well grab the cash chests since they don't have enemies. You might want to steal Mage Mashers from Sorcerers there too in case you're still stuck with Thief/Zerker for Ancient Library after you get the next job, though it may be tough to do with the time limit and Zerkers Always Zerking.

Mainly pray your Fire job is Ninja or Beastmaster so Byblos isn't a nightmare.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Is there any point at all in trying Omega with Knight, Geomancer, Mystic Knight, and White Mage?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Sometimes your Tri-Zerkers just Sword Dance every turn against Atomos. Sometimes they Jitterbug Duet themselves to death vs the undead.

However my first real roadblock is again the Seal Guardians... is there any elemental gear in world 2? I have one Reflect Ring, but Aqua Rake and Quake still do me in quick. No Death Sickles either and my first job is Mime (Freelancer).

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

So satisfying, gently caress gold needles.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
On my second run with thief/time/geo/dancer. Triple crown?

Ethiser posted:

Just did this run (until krile gave me MKnight)and it wasn't much to write home about for a long time. Grind, steal hi potions as indicated above, smack poo poo for a while.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 26, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kashuno posted:

On my second run with thief/time/geo/dancer. Triple crown?

Yep. Feel free to trap Omega and Shinryu in time and watch them bleed all over the rug.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Probably asked like 30x in this thread, but:

I missed the map in Ship Graveyard. Where else can I get it?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

FairGame posted:

Probably asked like 30x in this thread, but:

I missed the map in Ship Graveyard. Where else can I get it?

Pops up on the Fire Ship and in... Surgate Castle, I think? Pops up right on the second floor of the ship, so it's hard to miss.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So, is there a breakdown of what the actual job percentages for #regpopular are?

And is there a #regUnpopular ? :getin:

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Random: Monk, White Mage, Beastmaster, Mystic Knight. Free triple crowns are nice. Also because I'm stupid supportive of the children:

Mystic Knight would have liked some Chicken Knife action but the Enhancer had to suffice. Holy took care of the rest anyway.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
This seems appropriate.

https://twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/878328641184161796

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Geomancer/Black Mage/Red Mage/Freelancer triple crown done.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

Is there any point at all in trying Omega with Knight, Geomancer, Mystic Knight, and White Mage?

Thundaga CK has a 53% to hit and should damage cap at a reasonable level. Using the status immunity bug, the whole party can be confuse proof. Shell helps Encircle miss and you have Curaga.

Shouldn't be too hard.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Novasol posted:

Geomancer/Black Mage/Red Mage/Freelancer triple crown done.

Counted.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Last week there was a handbook being thrown around. Real in depth, made by Gary-something. It was in a drop box. Tried searching for it before starting my run today and couldn't find it. Did anyone download a copy before it vanished?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I've hit a wall against Soul Cannon. I have Geo and Berserker x2 unlocked (on a Geo/Ber/Zer/Ker run once Earth shatters). I've got everyone around level 25 but I can't out damage the cannon before I get killed. I have 5 elixirs.

What do I do here? I'm thinking grinding is probably my best bet. Is the wave cannon an elemental type I can deal with? Should I try for more elixirs from Zus or should I grind somewhere else more lucrative? Also is it worth going for 100k gil to get Angel Rings to counter the Old status from the missiles for a couple of characters?

Thanks everyone!

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 26, 2017

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

ultrafilter posted:

What the hell, I'll make a pledge too. The general consensus is that the most overpowered jobs are Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist, so let's see what y'all can do without them. I'll throw in $10 for every goon who triple crowns with none of those jobs. No upper limit, but that's every goon, not every run.

Happened to win without any of these jobs, thanks for the pledge.

Berserker/Summoner/Time Mage/Geomancer

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Leofish posted:

I've hit a wall against Soul Cannon. I have Geo and Berserker x2 unlocked (on a Geo/Ber/Zer/Ker run once Earth shatters). I've got everyone around level 25 but I can't out damage the cannon before I get killed. I have 5 elixirs.

What do I do here? I'm thinking grinding is probably my best bet. Is the wave cannon an elemental type I can deal with? Should I try for more elixirs from Zus or should I grind somewhere else more lucrative? Also is it worth going for 100k gil to get Angel Rings to counter the Old status from the missiles for a couple of characters?

Thanks everyone!

Have you managed to master Berserker on anyone yet? If so, I'd say make those people Geomancers with Equip Axes, use the Main Gauche on one and a Mage Masher on the other, and try to blast down one launcher immediately. You have a M of 11 at this point, so you should see ~400 damage from one geo and ~340 on the other at the minimum, so you just need a little luck from the RNG in your favor or one of your zerks also axing it to kill it. If you can blitz the launchers before they fire (or have the missiles miss - they're not fixed-hit attacks), then the encounter is won as long as you have enough restoratives.

E: If you tell me who has Equip Axes available, I can give you more exact analysis of what level you should grind to for extra damage multipliers.

Udelar
Feb 17, 2007

as the free-fall advances
I'm the moron who dances

Grimey Drawer
Well, this is going to be a challenge-free run.

Guess I'll take the triple crown, since Gilgabot seems determined to hand it to me.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

derra posted:

Thundaga CK has a 53% to hit and should damage cap at a reasonable level. Using the status immunity bug, the whole party can be confuse proof. Shell helps Encircle miss and you have Curaga.

Shouldn't be too hard.

Is the statues immunity bug the one where the previously equipped item's statues immunity stays for the next fight? Can I just equip it and then change in the Equip screen or do I need to actually get into a battle first with the immunity item before switching?

And I don't have the chicken knife. I got the Brave Blade because I usually never get it. Other weapon suggestions?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

zenguitarman posted:

Tri-Zerkers
[...] No Death Sickles

:chloe:

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

zenguitarman posted:

Sometimes your Tri-Zerkers just Sword Dance every turn against Atomos. Sometimes they Jitterbug Duet themselves to death vs the undead.

However my first real roadblock is again the Seal Guardians... is there any elemental gear in world 2? I have one Reflect Ring, but Aqua Rake and Quake still do me in quick. No Death Sickles either and my first job is Mime (Freelancer).

You can always chuck potions so only one crystal is in berserk mode. Beyond that, get levels and good luck? (Don't take the flame shield)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not 100% sure how Bards work. When singing to an enemy, I assume the attack misses if the musical notes don't come out. Is my speed maxed out whenever the person singing it stops singing? I've tried the stop song on Metamorphs and even though the notes come out, they still transformed.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm not 100% sure how Bards work. When singing to an enemy, I assume the attack misses if the musical notes don't come out. Is my speed maxed out whenever the person singing it stops singing? I've tried the stop song on Metamorphs and even though the notes come out, they still transformed.

Bards will stop singing a party-buff song when they get hit with a physical attack, or are incapacitated such as Stop or Stone or Death or Paralysis, but will keep singing through magical attacks.

Each buff song raises the selected stat by one per tick. To a maximum of 99 for int/str/agi, and 255 for level.

Each tick is about the same time it would take for the bard's action meter to fill up and then attack. Higher speed/agi and Haste speeds this up. This also applies to the HP restoring song.

Requiem is straightforward. Romeo's ballad is mysterious to me except you really should just have your bard spam it on poroburos and omega and do nothing else.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

Is the statues immunity bug the one where the previously equipped item's statues immunity stays for the next fight? Can I just equip it and then change in the Equip screen or do I need to actually get into a battle first with the immunity item before switching?

And I don't have the chicken knife. I got the Brave Blade because I usually never get it. Other weapon suggestions?

Assassin Dagger.. Strongest available knife, but I'm not sure how much damage you'll do with it compared to CK.

I think you need to get into a battle first but the immunity lingers regardless of job or equipment change.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Requiem is straightforward. Romeo's ballad is mysterious to me except you really should just have your bard spam it on poroburos and omega and do nothing else.

Romeo's is an AOE Stop. It is rare to have a random encounter where it doesn't stun-lock the entire enemy formation and is ridiculously good, especially when you realize how early it is available. Some bosses are also vulnerable to it, although if they are heavy multiple Bards might be needed like against Omega. You can use it to avoid counters / death reactions (for example, on Titan, I wait for everyone's turn to be up, then Romeo / kill him immediately, to avoid the Earth Shaker).

Metamorphs aren't heavy and should be stun-locked by it if you just have a Bard sing it every turn. It doesn't last forever, but they're not heavy, so it should last long enough for the Bard to act again.

Always keep starter daggers or knives around for dealing with confusion, singing, and the like. Just switch to it and hit your guy to break them out of a song, no damage required.

derra fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 26, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Asimov posted:

Happened to win without any of these jobs, thanks for the pledge.

Berserker/Summoner/Time Mage/Geomancer

Counted.

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
Has anyone had Gilgabot tweet them one class but the website shows another? I started my run last week and right as I get to the earth crystal I thought I had Berserker/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Red Mage but I went to check the site and I see Black Mage instead of Beastmaster.

The weird part is I can't see the replies from Gilgabot for some reason even though twitter shows I have a reply. So now I'm thinking I ended up seeing someone else's results and went with it instead of checking the website.

At least doing the run again is going to be easy knowing I could grind dual cast black magic to steam roll the game instead of having to look up what animals to capture. :science:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kyrosiris posted:

Have you managed to master Berserker on anyone yet? If so, I'd say make those people Geomancers with Equip Axes, use the Main Gauche on one and a Mage Masher on the other, and try to blast down one launcher immediately. You have a M of 11 at this point, so you should see ~400 damage from one geo and ~340 on the other at the minimum, so you just need a little luck from the RNG in your favor or one of your zerks also axing it to kill it. If you can blitz the launchers before they fire (or have the missiles miss - they're not fixed-hit attacks), then the encounter is won as long as you have enough restoratives.

E: If you tell me who has Equip Axes available, I can give you more exact analysis of what level you should grind to for extra damage multipliers.

Bartz and Galuf have Berserker mastered and Lenna and Faris have mastered Geomancer, but only have the berserk ability so far. I did manage to get four death sickles, but I tend to stick to the daggers for more accuracy. I can try switching the jobs up. Part of the problem is a lack of restoratives. Potions don't really turn the tide anymore and I can't seem to keep up with the wave cannon once it starts firing.

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I just have to build up a bit more and hope for the best.

CruzerZERO posted:

The weird part is I can't see the replies from Gilgabot for some reason even though twitter shows I have a reply. So now I'm thinking I ended up seeing someone else's results and went with it instead of checking the website.

I think Twitter considers Gilgabot spam so it won't show you the reply from your own account.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 26, 2017

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Grind at the Wind Shrine to get elixirs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Leofish posted:

Bartz and Galuf have Berserker mastered and Lenna and Faris have mastered Geomancer, but only have the berserk ability so far. I did manage to get four death sickles, but I tend to stick to the daggers for more accuracy. I can try switching the jobs up. Part of the problem is a lack of restoratives. Potions don't really turn the tide anymore and I can't seem to keep up with the wave cannon once it starts firing.

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I just have to build up a bit more and hope for the best.

I think Twitter considers Gilgabot spam so it won't show you the reply from your own account.

Okay, so at level 25 both Galuf and Bartz with Equip Axes will have an M of 13 for Knives. The Main Gauche will hit for 468-507 damage, and the Mage Masher will hit for 403-442 damage, so if you roll max damage on either weapon (it's a 1/4 chance), you should be able to do the 800 damage needed to shank one launcher immediately. If you can tolerate uneven levels, leveling Galuf only to level 27 will get you an extra damage multiplier (Bartz to 27 won't because of his higher agility - you'll gain a M based on Strength, but lose one based on Agility, it's complex but just go with it).

Honestly I'd say to go back to the Ship Graveyard and farm elixirs in that room that has three treasure chests in it (every encounter can drop some). You should have the damage output, it's just getting to apply it.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

First time doing the Fiesta. I've got Monk, Summoner, Ranger, and Dragoon. (Will have Dragoon I'm about to hit the flying fortress). Any tips? I'm stocking up on elemental rods and making sure I get Ramuh, other than that I don't know what I should be doing...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Get the full set of elemental bows for your Ranger, and consider farming a Dark Bow while you're in Ronka Ruins - it's a world 2 weapon available early as a drop from Enchanted Fans.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

First time doing the Fiesta. I've got Monk, Summoner, Ranger, and Dragoon. (Will have Dragoon I'm about to hit the flying fortress). Any tips? I'm stocking up on elemental rods and making sure I get Ramuh, other than that I don't know what I should be doing...

!Summon is going to be your main offensive tool until you learn !Rapid Fire. If you've never played the game before, it's not a bad idea to look up where you can find all summons because some of them are somewhat hidden and pretty much all are useful (well, I've never found a good use for Bahamut, but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

!Summon is going to be your main offensive tool until you learn !Rapid Fire. If you've never played the game before, it's not a bad idea to look up where you can find all summons because some of them are somewhat hidden and pretty much all are useful (well, I've never found a good use for Bahamut, but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong).

Bahamut will be useful for his Monk as they can't equip Air Lancets to boost Syldra? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Fair point. Although even then I'd probably rather use Leviathan most of the time since it's so much cheaper and can hit elemental weaknesses.

• Locked thread