Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

VJeff posted:

Not to mention every single Raw champ is a heel. At least SmackDown has one face champ.

I guess Brock is arguably a tweener right now, though "in absentia" is probably the most accurate description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's go over the current champions

Universal: Brock Lesnar (arguable tweener, but certainly not a face)
WWE: Jinder Mahal (heel)
Intercontinental: The Miz (heel)
U.S.: Kevin Owens (heel)
Raw Women: Alexa Bliss (heel)
Smackdown Women: Naomi (face)
Raw Tag Team: Sheamus & Cesaro (heel)
Smackdown Tag Team: The Usos (heel)
Cruiserweight: Neville (heel)
United Kingdom: Pete Dunne (heel)
NXT: Bobby Roode (heel)
NXT Women: Asuka (more tweener than face these days)
NXT Tag Team: Authors of Pain (heel)

Literally one straight-up babyface champ in the entire company. And there's a non-zero chance she drops the belt to a heel Lana next week.

Putting Smiles On People's Faces

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its clearly all a setup to make everyone grateful for the return of John Cena, the one protected face in WWE for like the last decade.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
One explanation for the heel heavy booking is to starve fans so much that they'll cheer when Reigns beats Lesnar

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Its clearly all a setup to make everyone grateful for the return of John Cena, the one protected face in WWE for like the last decade.

Cena literally just teased a match with Reigns on his Twitter, which I've long said is a BAD idea. Not in the sense of having him put over the next capital-G Guy, but if he works with Reigns, the smarks are going to have to pick a side, and they're gonna pick John. And the kids very well might go with Cena too. Which leaves you with Reigns as an unequivocal heel and Vince clearly doesn't want to do that, so either he's left with a dynamic that's contrary to the pay-off he wants OR he has to turn JOHN heel, and... welp... I can't see that happening either, plus it's unlikely to work well enough to solve the issue.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd laugh so hard if they decide to turn Cena heel to help get Roman over as a face

God all of the Title holders on the main roster are as cold as hell.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Faces on RAW

Roman (lol)
Brock (???)
Finn
Seth (lol)
Matt & Jeff
Dean
Big Show
Kalisto
R-Truth
Slater
Rhyno
Enzo

right???

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ideal big dog has already been achieved and will just keep on going. further inner-Conflict about what is behind his words and deeds is unnecessary

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Faces on RAW

Roman (lol)
Brock (???)
Finn
Seth (lol)
Matt & Jeff
Dean
Big Show
Kalisto
R-Truth
Slater
Rhyno
Enzo

right???

trying to assign an alignment to big show is like trying to lasso the wind

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

One explanation for the heel heavy booking is to starve fans so much that they'll cheer when Reigns beats Lesnar

Lex Luger is great and I don't appreciate your attempt to be Dave Meltzer in a crusade against him. :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Lex Luger is great and I don't appreciate your attempt to be Dave Meltzer in a crusade against him. :colbert:

Roman is also great so maybe he is saying that Lex is great.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Roman is also great so maybe he is saying that Lex is great.

This is true. Perhaps I was too quick to compare Big Rov to Fat Loser Meltzer. If MRT is right, I apologize.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

This is true. Perhaps I was too quick to compare Big Rov to Fat Loser Meltzer. If MRT is right, I apologize.

meltzer: abs better than johnny mundo
rovert: ????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roman Reigns would be unstoppable if he added the torture rack to his arsenal

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I for one would pay good money to see Reigns try and Torture rack Stroman

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At the very least, Neville, Asuka, AoP, Roode, Cesaro & Sheamus are just heels that are really loving good and don't have to cheat and connive to escape with their belts.

imo Neville should beat Lesnar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asuka's storyline is literally she has to cheat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Only against Ember. Everybody else, she just kicks in the head over and over again.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chris James 2 posted:

Roman Reigns would be unstoppable if he added the torture rack to his arsenal

lol Reigns lifting people onto his shoulders in every match.

"Witness the power of the Big Dog!"

*stumbles through the ring trying to get Enzo onto his shoulders*

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Neville cheats all the loving time. He cheated 2 out of 3 times in his last title feud.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah I don't think Neville beat Aries clean even once

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Did they really bring back the Hardy boys to not let them do the delete stuff? Really?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alan_Shore posted:

Did they really bring back the Hardy boys to not let them do the delete stuff? Really?

blame jeff jarrett

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Turns out the WWE really doesn't want to go after TNA legally for the gimmick because if the WWE wins (which is not 100% likely) the precedent of them winning would come back and haunt them in some way in the future.

I'm sure will get the WWE version which is legally safe and maybe like 10% as good?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
It's amazing to think that if Reigns stays healthy and the match goes on as planned, Roman will be the first guy since Hogan to close four consecutive Wrestlemanias. He's already done it 3 in a row, a feat only matched by Hogan (twice), HHH, and Cena.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Turns out the WWE really doesn't want to go after TNA legally for the gimmick because if the WWE wins (which is not 100% likely) the precedent of them winning would come back and haunt them in some way in the future.

I'm sure will get the WWE version which is legally safe and maybe like 10% as good?

'Shattered' Matt Hardy entering the ring to a chorus of 'remove' chants.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tokamak posted:

'Shattered' Matt Hardy entering the ring to a chorus of 'remove' chants.

Just look at the Club, it's doing just as well as the Bullet Club right? RIGHT?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dr. rear end posted:

Yeah I don't think Neville beat Aries clean even once

He beat him clean the final time but yeah point taken. Look, if we're grading on a curve, Neville and Asuka are still way ahead for heels in this company. :v:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

CubsWoo posted:

It's amazing to think that if Reigns stays healthy and the match goes on as planned, Roman will be the first guy since Hogan to close four consecutive Wrestlemanias. He's already done it 3 in a row, a feat only matched by Hogan (twice), HHH, and Cena.

We have to get the Big Dog to 5 manias in a row and erase that shameful orange racist from history. No, not that one. Hogan.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I literally just realized that Dean, Seth, and Roman are all on Raw and are all working face. They rally do jack poo poo with the idea that one of the most over stables could get back together.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I literally just realized that Dean, Seth, and Roman are all on Raw and are all working face. They rally do jack poo poo with the idea that one of the most over stables could get back together.

They wouldn't have a stable with any level of credibility to go against. I also suspect Seth or Dean will be turning within the year in another attempt to get Roman over.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Marquis de Pyro posted:

We have to get the Big Dog to 5 manias in a row and erase that shameful orange racist from history. No, not that one. Hogan.

He'd need 6. Hogan was billed as the main for WM 5-8 and closed 9 with the impromptu Yokozuna match.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Reigns will main event 10 in a row

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Roman only main evented WM32 tho, he didn't wrestle Triple H on the other ones.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Thinking about the recent turns (Cass, Bo has been flip-flopping on ME until recently, Axel, Apollo, Goldust) plus the relatively recent turns (Sheamus and Cesaro) there are so few faces left on RAW and then there's Roman lol.

Only face champion is Naomi. The cool heel thing has never gone away, in so many ways. But more I'd say it's that WWE insanely doesn't know how to have face champs that the people love.

Alan_Shore posted:

Honestly internet fans I think underestimate that there are just plain Hardy Boyz fans out there. Let them have the classic act before spinning the weirdness dial to 11.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Benne posted:

Let's go over the current champions

Universal: Brock Lesnar (arguable tweener, but certainly not a face)
WWE: Jinder Mahal (heel)
Intercontinental: The Miz (heel)
U.S.: Kevin Owens (heel)
Raw Women: Alexa Bliss (heel)
Smackdown Women: Naomi (face)
Raw Tag Team: Sheamus & Cesaro (heel)
Smackdown Tag Team: The Usos (heel)
Cruiserweight: Neville (heel)
United Kingdom: Pete Dunne (heel)
NXT: Bobby Roode (heel)
NXT Women: Asuka (more tweener than face these days)
NXT Tag Team: Authors of Pain (heel)

Literally one straight-up babyface champ in the entire company. And there's a non-zero chance she drops the belt to a heel Lana next week.

Putting Smiles On People's Faces

Quick reminder that for a short few days both briefcase holders were heels as well.

Also Rusev was at our house show on Saturday and it made me happy. :unsmith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in gorilla after the main event of WM34 ends and Vince realizes that he spent an entire year sacrificing the entire roster to get Roman over and it didn't work, again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JR and Lita are calling the Mae Young Classic per a WWE facebook post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bradzilla posted:

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in gorilla after the main event of WM34 ends and Vince realizes that he spent an entire year sacrificing the entire roster to get Roman over and it didn't work, again.

"goddamnit these schlubs didn't make roman look strong. we'll have to try again next year.""

• Locked thread