Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I think we're missing a more important story about Oliver from that game, he was tagged by Mark Hutchings and broke the tag, not bad for a 19 year old

e: also,

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

urgh, Salem will be out for a few weeks with a hamstring as well now. Garlett was also playing injured, wont be surprised if he misses next week as well.

JKH has been tearing it up at VFL level but you just feel his ceiling is just below AFL level. that said, guys in similar positions like ANB have been putting together good footy in the senior team lately so i've been wrong before. would like to see Kent back in the side if Garlett goes out.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Testekill posted:

Your little tough nut flopped and then, when faced with criticism, googled one incident from 23 years ago which wentt on to have no effect on a great career. Woo yeah, real brave oval office Oliver is. And then he changed his profile pic on twitter to the Schofield 'strike' like that means that he won the argument.

I bet you flail about like a kid at a crabcore gig when you get your lanyard caught in the sweater nan made you.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Cunton Oliver

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This thread: jumper punching is bad and should have stronger penalties

Also this thread: I could knee myself in the teeth and not flinch oval office

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

TG-Chrono posted:

This thread: jumper punching is bad and should have stronger penalties

Also this thread: I could knee myself in the teeth and not flinch oval office

masculinityincrisis.txt

Good Bloke Glenn Archer formally charged according to the ABC

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Good one Glenn.

On Oliver: Schofield should get a week and Oliver has been punished enough by himself. Ban all sportspeople from twitter.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
I wonder if he knew the charge was coming and got on the radio to get some Good Bloke points in the bank ahead of time.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I have no idea why a footy player (particularly a young or not very good one) would have a public social media presnece. It almost never results in anything good and can only be a risk to a persons mental health.

Also, people use the word 'oval office' in a derogatory manner way too much in this thread.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Periphery posted:

Also, people use the word 'oval office' in a derogatory manner way too much in this thread.

:hfive:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Your little tough nut flopped and then, when faced with criticism, googled one incident from 23 years ago which wentt on to have no effect on a great career. Woo yeah, real brave oval office Oliver is. And then he changed his profile pic on twitter to the Schofield 'strike' like that means that he won the argument.

Martyn didn't play a test for six years after that shot, wouldn't say it had no effect on his career

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Shmoses posted:

Martyn didn't play a test for six years after that shot, wouldn't say it had no effect on his career

Yeah, Martyn nearly quit cricket after that shot and had to work his backside off to get back in the test team.

Oliver is essentially admitting he made a mistake falling to the ground by equating the two incidents, not that smartest tool in the shed.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

schofield offered a week by the MRP after all that

houli straight to the tribunal, cunnington also got offered a week.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
:munch:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If the AFL actually wanted to get serious about staging there would be a couple of clubs with players out on the streets from being fined every time they throw their head back in a tackle, but we deffo should save our criticism for a guy who actually got hit on the jaw.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm just imagining the endless stream of poo poo that would have been posted had the roles been reversed and smiling

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

I'm just imagining the endless stream of poo poo that would have been posted had the roles been reversed and smiling

Just go back to round 2, imagination is for idiots

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ta :c00l:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/Darren_Parkin/status/879223781016743937

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think that if you intentionally strike someone and you hit them high you should automatically get a week, but Schofield is stiff given what the MRP lets slide. Pretty interested in what was in the medical report to justify low impact rather than negligible.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I find flopping by players from my team far more infuriating than by opposition players over accentuating contact, because unless you're a select group of players it disadvantages you on a number of levels. Sometimes I want to strangle Walters with some poo poo he carries on with.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I find my entire team bar a 5th gamer flopping over and letting Hawthorn waltz to a win much more infuriating

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Spedman posted:

I find flopping by players from my team far more infuriating than by opposition players over accentuating contact, because unless you're a select group of players it disadvantages you on a number of levels. Sometimes I want to strangle Walters with some poo poo he carries on with.

I don't get annoyed at staging near as much as Hawkins going early over and over and over and over......

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

I don't get annoyed at staging near as much as Hawkins going early over and over and over and over......

to be fair knowing when to keep wrestling your opponent and knowing when to go to ground is all part of modern key forward contested marking. unfortunately if you get your timing wrong or misread the contest or umpire positioning then you just look like a twat

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Lol Oliver changed his twitter pic to a photo of the Schofield hit. What a softcock.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GAbStTKFIw

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You dont gently caress with Susie Dent

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NPR Journalizard posted:

You dont gently caress with Susie Dent

Rule #1

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's loving bizarre to hear Gerard and Robbo talk about Melbourne being legitimately in the premiership conversation what the gently caress is going on

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
you're all grumbles

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

It's loving bizarre to hear Gerard and Robbo talk about Melbourne being legitimately in the premiership conversation what the gently caress is going on

Have you seen Jacob's Ladder by any chance?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Prime Minister meets with violent Muslim facing charges.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

I have no idea why a footy player (particularly a young or not very good one) would have a public social media presnece. It almost never results in anything good and can only be a risk to a persons mental health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQO1qZD5lek

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.facebook.com/AFLPrideYourSay/

For Sydney and St Kilda fans, and anyone in the Sydney LGBTIQ community; it is legit despite the lack of branding, my company has been contracted to deal with One Nation and Family First voters homophobic and transphobic trolls.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 26, 2017

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's a bit hard working out what side of the line certain cricketers are.

I mean, yes, the pat answer is they're all arseholes, but then they come out and surprise you.

From the 2006-07 clean sweep team
Ponting: not a complete arsehole considering he was captain
Gilchrist: thought he was one of the good ones but SURPRISE he's a Liberal supporter too what when the gently caress did that happen
Hayden: complete arsehole
Langer: not sure if arsehole or just short person complex like Brent Harvey. They're both angry little garden gnomes anyway
Martyn: dark horse arsehole
Clarke: probably not as big an arsehole as everyone reckons. But annoying for other reasons
THE HUSS: the one true good bloke of that era
Symonds: background radiation levels of arsehole
Watson: *snerk*
Warne: we could use his arseholishness as a renewable source of energy but his face is going to collapse one day
Lee: absolute arsehole although he gets some credit for nearly killing Piers Morgan
McGrath: he loving shot a loving elephant, what do you reckon?
MiJo: probably not enough of an arsehole to be quite honest
Clark: robots can't be arseholes
Tait: not sure about the arsehole bit but certainly a fuckwit

Of course I should post this in the cricket thread but they're all arseholes there too.

I can't bring myself to type the other word. Don't mind others using it though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

According to Crash Craddock Johnson was a nice guy that came from an extended family on his mother's side of entitled, money begging turboassholes and he struggled with it for a long time

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 26, 2017

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

According to Crash Craddock Johnson was a nice guy that came from an extended family on his mother's side of entitled, money begging turboassholes and he struggled with it for a long time

He literally moved to the other side of the country to get away from them

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Deadly Hume posted:

It's a bit hard working out what side of the line certain cricketers are.

I mean, yes, the pat answer is they're all arseholes, but then they come out and surprise you.

From the 2006-07 clean sweep team
Ponting: not a complete arsehole considering he was captain
Gilchrist: thought he was one of the good ones but SURPRISE he's a Liberal supporter too what when the gently caress did that happen
Hayden: complete arsehole
Langer: not sure if arsehole or just short person complex like Brent Harvey. They're both angry little garden gnomes anyway
Martyn: dark horse arsehole
Clarke: probably not as big an arsehole as everyone reckons. But annoying for other reasons
THE HUSS: the one true good bloke of that era
Symonds: background radiation levels of arsehole
Watson: *snerk*
Warne: we could use his arseholishness as a renewable source of energy but his face is going to collapse one day
Lee: absolute arsehole although he gets some credit for nearly killing Piers Morgan
McGrath: he loving shot a loving elephant, what do you reckon?
MiJo: probably not enough of an arsehole to be quite honest
Clark: robots can't be arseholes
Tait: not sure about the arsehole bit but certainly a fuckwit

Of course I should post this in the cricket thread but they're all arseholes there too.

I can't bring myself to type the other word. Don't mind others using it though.

Gilchrist once brought a paperback copy of "Das Kapital" to read whilst on tour, so I don't know how or when he outed himself as a Liberal supporter.

Edit: and seconding the Johnson stuff. He always seemed like he was forcing his "Grr I'm a a tough bully" act.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Gilchrist once brought a paperback copy of "Das Kapital" to read whilst on tour, so I don't know how or when he outed himself as a Liberal supporter.

I believe he's shilling for CA big time right now, but that might be a "don't burn a bridge you want to use" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

BrigadierSensible posted:

Maybe he thought it was about capitalism being good

• Locked thread