Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I bought Rain World because it looked really good. Sadly there's no way for me to run the game because it freezes on a black screen the second it starts up. I tried every possible fix and nothing changed. I have to assume that the devs didn't make it compatible with my GPU (Radeon R9 200 series). Its not a problem with my GPU not being good enough, I can run things that are a great deal more graphics intensive than Rain World.

Oh well, gently caress it. Time for a refund. It isn't a summer sale if I don't refund at least one thing for not working.

Maybe one day once I make a living wage I can get a better computer with a better GPU, but there's no chance of that happening for at least another two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

a bone to pick posted:

rockstar games and stairs have always been at odds with each other

they should spend some time on whatever their next game is making it control like other modern games imo

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

All in all I think I'm actually over steam, the other services have turned pretty good, and I'm for example enjoying the origin 4€ monthly subscription thing where I can play a shitload of actual good games without buying them. I barely play video games anymore anyway so.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

don't tell us waht that service is so we might use it

oh wait its origin lol

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Jose posted:

don't tell us waht that service is so we might use it

oh wait its origin lol

its actually pretty usable today idk, I used to hate it and now I'm indifferent to it. They've got a bunch of games in the access for "free", some real good ones like DA:O , Crysis 3, the new mirrors edge or mass effect triology, plus a shitload of old school games. I played through dungeon keeper a while ago it was awesome.

https://www.origin.com/deu/de-de/store/origin-access/vault-games

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah but those are all games you could get for frdee and not deal with origin

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

also all those games are trash

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Maya Fey posted:

also all those games are trash

did you just call dungeon keeper trash, fuccboi?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Is The Division playable as a single player game?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

rockstar games and stairs have always been at odds with each other

hi guys its ya boy tommy vercetti here, just gonna step off this curb to get into my sweet ferarri

WASTED

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

that's a drat shame, I really wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about with the facial animations.

A goon did a p decent LP of it, it's so story focused that you're not missing much by watching instead of playing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So far I picked up:

The original Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon which I used to love plus Island Thunder and Desert Siege for $6.77.

Also picked up Jade Empire, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, Northgard, and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. I've been wanting to play a good mystery game and apparently this one is decent.

I'm looking at Golf With Your Friends right now. Should I get it?

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I haven't played it since they added all those patches but at launch SP was really really boring.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

also if anyone in this thread likes open world crime games and doesn't own Sleeping Dawgs its 5 bucks and comes with all the dlc.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It is, if you enjoy playing group-based games alone.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

hip check please posted:

I haven't played it since they added all those patches but at launch SP was really really boring.

satanic splash-back posted:

It is, if you enjoy playing group-based games alone.

Crap. Guess I won't play it then.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's playable in the sense that Borderlands is playable as a single player game. Technically you can do it but the real fun is shooting dudes with friends and building your character to be a compliment to a team

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i bought darkest dungeon then watched some other guy play it for an hour instead of playing it myself

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Jose posted:

when you get the final gun mak sure to get the charging upgrade not the headshot upgrade first

Just saw this post and just got the Gauss Cannon yesterday (the secret one in the elevator shaft in the tower :smug:), picked Siege Mode the next chance I had. Holy poo poo this gun and game own :fap:

Ayn Randi posted:

i bought darkest dungeon then watched some other guy play it for an hour instead of playing it myself

Don't feel bad, this was me with Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

really queer Christmas posted:

Buy nier automata you dorks

i hheard there was some anti pc master race thing with it like its not optimized or something is this true

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

i hheard there was some anti pc master race thing with it like its not optimized or something is this true

So basically the game is bugged on nvidia cards and renders at the wrong resolution then upscales to your actual resolution, resulting in worse visuals and reduced performance. You can download a fanpatch that instantly and completely fixes it, pretty much like the PC release of the original DaS.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods/discussions/3/1334600128973500691/

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Heaven Spacey posted:

So basically the game is bugged on nvidia cards and renders at the wrong resolution then upscales to your actual resolution, resulting in worse visuals and reduced performance. You can download a fanpatch that instantly and completely fixes it, pretty much like the PC release of the original DaS.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods/discussions/3/1334600128973500691/

Thanks, I'll stay far away from that game.

I got this alpha game called sword with sauce and it owns

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Game Dev Tycoon is hilarious.

Hilarious in that it's ~$4 right now and so far naming games things like "FART DICK gently caress" and other highly mature titles hasn't gotten old yet, and I've put in a few hours. Cheaper than seeing a movie even if I never touch the game after tonight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

someone in the prey thread said nier automata is art lol

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I just bought DOOM and then saw it needs about 78 GB hard drive space. My games partition has about 89 GB free. Does filling a partition up cause any slow-downs or problems the way filling up a non-partitioned hard drive does?

a bone to pick posted:

I got this alpha game called sword with sauce and it owns
Thanks to you, I just looked this up and bought it.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Haier posted:

I just bought DOOM and then saw it needs about 78 GB hard drive space.

That's insane.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Jose posted:

someone in the prey thread said nier automata is art lol

Games Are Art, Friend.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

Games Are Art, Friend.

Jack Trades posted:

Do yourself a favor and do just that.
Nier: Automata is seriously one of those few games that you can use the word "art" to describe, unironically.
You won't regret it if you have any modicum of taste.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Installation files are 66 jeebs LOL

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its really good at least

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
That's 66 gebbes of pure demon slaying though it's not a soft 66 like la noire's 30GB of cutscenes

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

He's not wrong.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

You know somethings wrong when you see people on your friends list playing that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Gridlocked posted:

You know somethings wrong when you see people on your friends list playing that.

and wonder why you are not doing the same?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Got lots of indie stuff I've been on the fence over. From what I've played so far:

- Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander has been pretty enjoyable. It's like FTL crossed with Masters of Orion 2, with Final Fantasy style turn based combat.
- Hollow Knight is awesome and I easily spent several hours in that without realising.
- Axiom Verge is another metroidvania, but more NES Metroid than Castlevania.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

Got lots of indie stuff I've been on the fence over. From what I've played so far:

- Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander has been pretty enjoyable. It's like FTL crossed with Masters of Orion 2, with Final Fantasy style turn based combat.
- Hollow Knight is awesome and I easily spent several hours in that without realising.
- Axiom Verge is another metroidvania, but more NES Metroid than Castlevania.

Is Halcyon good? The reviews have been mixed for it.

E:
https://i.imgur.com/fRSKLJ0.mp4

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/469820/Genital_Jousting/

Two fiffy

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got domina, how to survive, car mechanic sim 2015

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Picked up Windward for like $2.49. Fun little game. Gave me flashbacks to Sid Meier's Pirates! that I loved years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

ultrabindu posted:

Is Halcyon good? The reviews have been mixed for it.

I'm enjoying it :shrug:

• Locked thread