Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
3 or less. >_<

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

3 or less. >_<

💩🦆❗️

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

💩🦆❗️

:kiss:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

*doffs hat* M'poster! :wink:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

maybe this isn't the place for this

But I just read the latest entry on Paul Krugman's blog and he is right, the GOP have looked at Trump and said "Holy poo poo, we can gently caress over our own base as hard as we like, we're invincible"

and thus the new health care bill that will kill people so the 0.01% can get another tax break

like they've dropped the pretense totally, they might as well send supporters letters saying "yes, your uncle died, I don't care, gently caress you got mine"

my question (and it is also Krugman's) is what kinda dick-smack maneuver would actually clue in republicans that they have been betrayed

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Nebakenezzer posted:

maybe this isn't the place for this

But I just read the latest entry on Paul Krugman's blog and he is right, the GOP have looked at Trump and said "Holy poo poo, we can gently caress over our own base as hard as we like, we're invincible"

and thus the new health care bill that will kill people so the 0.01% can get another tax break

like they've dropped the pretense totally, they might as well send supporters letters saying "yes, your uncle died, I don't care, gently caress you got mine"

my question (and it is also Krugman's) is what kinda dick-smack maneuver would actually clue in republicans that they have been betrayed

nothing

the republic is dead

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
more cspam jokes spotted in the wild

https://www.buzzfeed.com/janelytvynenko/fake-news-quiz-jun16

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

who is blazed bjork because tehy're all over twitter and also probably lurks cspam

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

who is blazed bjork because tehy're all over twitter and also probably lurks cspam

they're the poster who said they were putting that lovely photoshop up on their throwaway twitter

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

not meee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9y6AA5oOo

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Jun 25, 2017

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
game recommendation time

what's a nice game in a science-fiction setting that isn't mostly about shooting poo poo in the face and is enjoyable/interesting to play? like minimal action, but big on ideas and story? i enjoyed the longest journey series and the anno series

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

game recommendation time

what's a nice game in a science-fiction setting that isn't mostly about shooting poo poo in the face and is enjoyable/interesting to play? like minimal action, but big on ideas and story? i enjoyed the longest journey series and the anno series

bioshock
infinite
that's it :lol:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 07:46 on Jun 26, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

blade runner but it wont work when you have to escape the explosion cos the timer is keyed to cpu clock cycles lmao but still, blade runner

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

game recommendation time

it's hard to say because you haven't specified what gameplay you like, and also most games are about killing poo poo anyway, but maybe

transistor
any of the shadowrun games on steam
and the of course the bioshock games

but honestly narrative-heavy games (with a non-poo poo story) are kind of rare by themselves, and 'that but also sci-fi' is like a vanishingly small slice

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
you might be better off, like, reading a book

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

watch blakes 7

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

game recommendation time

torment: tides of numa numa, dogg

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

game recommendation time

Primordia

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

game recommendation time

id recommend the talos principle, dont want to give it away but its got a p good story, puzzles and atmosphere and its cspam as gently caress

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mother fukken star control two bithc!!!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

bioshock
infinite
that's it :lol:

Oh lord that game is a mess

It is the Star Trek Voyager of games

It starts with great potential, but takes a gleeful joy in squandering it, and then you realize you'd just quit if there was not a hot girl around

The first two Bioshocks are good for ideas. The former is a great gently caress you to objectivism, the second I think tells a great story

The first I always think of when standing in line at the grocery store. I look at the magazines at the checkouts, and I think how many people would make themselves crazy if a unregulated technology developed to actually let you achieve all the unreachable things those magazines promise

Planescape Torment is kind of the gold standard for what you are looking for, though the first Deus Ex is also neat if you can tolerate the graphics from another time

Yes I'm old

The storytelling in Dishonored is also legit great, if not especially deep, if you like the idea of playing the Thief games but with superpowers

rudatron posted:

you might be better off, like, reading a book

This without snark

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I've heard Bjork give an interview, and the Icelandic accent is wild

It sounds like it Scandinavian, but will switch randomly to a Scottish burr with no warning

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nebakenezzer posted:

It starts with great potential

i hoped it would be nothing but bell puzzles for 8-10 hours

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the witness is a good one too. its a really good environment based puzzle game that takes place in a weird idyllic myst island kinda place. i think youre also supposed to meditate about the act of creation or something when you play it idk the guy who made it is kind of a blowhard

i'd also recommend fract osc which takes place in a giant abstracted synthesizer labyrinth

another one that's jumping to mind rn is Else Heart.Break() which is a video game where you end up hacking the scripts that run the video game and it's basically uh.............. hacker Chulip i guess???????

in terms of adventure games someone earlier recommended primordia but i'd also reccommend technobabylon and gemini rue which are both cyberpunk af (and put out by the same company, probably really cheap on steam rn)

there are lots of games not about shooting ppl in the face tbh its just then people will start to get weird on you about what is or isnt a videogame and thats a convo best left unhad

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBMUddu7UiI

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Al! posted:

i'd also recommend fract osc which takes place in a giant abstracted synthesizer labyrinth

do gamers give a poo poo about this one? i only ever read about it when the creator brings it up during synthchat lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

do gamers give a poo poo about this one? i only ever read about it when the creator brings it up during synthchat lol

i beat it, its pretty good, tho i wish it was a little more open ended

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

yeah i never played it, idr if it was cuz i aint on steam or cuz my computer suckd at the time :shrug:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sry a bit too embarassed to ask in the tromp thred but did our POTUS really compromise the structural integrity of grammy winning recording artist Sting's tantric toilet this weekend??

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

sry a bit too embarassed to ask in the tromp thred but did our POTUS really compromise the structural integrity of grammy winning recording artist Sting's tantric toilet this weekend??

no sugar, it was a scottish dude who look just like the trump but even fatter, some brit rat sent a topless model to pose with him and i thought it was a photoshop his face is so trump league
ed balls agrees

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

no sugar, it was a scottish dude who look just like the trump but even fatter, some brit rat sent a topless model to pose with him and i thought it was a photoshop his face is so trump league
ed balls agrees

kk

like this?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

:rip:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

exactly like that

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

exactly like that

but with more T R U M P !

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[snaps fingers] zordon ramsay

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm the badger devouring a sex dwarf

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

crazy cloud posted:

I'm the badger devouring a sex dwarf

it's RAW-RRrrrrRrRRrrrrRrRrrAHHHH...hahhh...hhheeeeeeahhhHHH...

:gibs:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

it's RAW-RRrrrrRrRRrrrrRrRrrAHHHH...hahhh...hhheeeeeeahhhHHH...

:gibs:

um I'm gonna risk outing myself as a nerd virgin here

but what's a sex dwarf. Is it like a regular dwarf but sexier or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

crazy cloud posted:

um I'm gonna risk outing myself as a nerd virgin here

but what's a sex dwarf. Is it like a regular dwarf but sexier or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB77vM2FMg