Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Were you playing on Garden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

It's a bug. I got 30 seconds of silence on a Thrall earlier

It might add up all the stun time from Sunder. You could get 30 seconds off that pretty easily if you were always hitting multiple people.

I get that one a lot on Brightwing just from polymorphing people.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Relentless posted:

I'm also convinced that Cyberhawk Kael is partially inspired to Stryfe.

I pegged that one as Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets myself.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Were you playing on Garden?

Yea I get this on garden a lot with murky.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

So earlier tonight I queued up for hero league and it did the thing where it finds a game then before anything loads says someone left and the game was cancelled. I then went to play unranked draft cuz I didn't feel like waiting for another long queue.

That game ends and I decide to do ranked again and I've somehow lost like 300 ranked points and am at a demotion game. My game history doesn't have me ever getting into any ranked game.

My only guess is I lost points cuz of that game that didn't start which has me kinda frustrated right now. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I've had several :argh: comcast :argh: interruptions during draft, which cause leaver queue, but it has never said someone ELSE left the game and it was canceled.

The exception was one time when all of Blizz went down, Blizz Twitter announced they were having problems, yet I still got leaver penalty :downs:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Relentless posted:

I'm also convinced that Cyberhawk Kael is partially inspired to Stryfe.

I thought it was Gatchaman or Silverhawks, maybe both?

Mierenneuker posted:

I pegged that one as Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets myself.

:c00l::hf::c00l:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

CDW posted:

Posting here to bitch that I was getting sperged at by someone on my team on Hanamura for "not coming down to team fight" when I was soloing a top fort kill on Sonya. Also, we hit 10 first because I was doing that.

How is that not seen as a good thing?

Spoiler: we ended up losing that game.

Sometimes it's better to be in the wrong place as 5 than the right place as 1. Not saying that you made a bad call. But mobas sometimes devolve into baby sitting the worst most impulsive member on the team

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Not in the early game though. Pre-10 you soak.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
I like to think that I'm the butt pounder and not the pounded. It helps me sleep better at night.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

I've had several :argh: comcast :argh: interruptions during draft, which cause leaver queue, but it has never said someone ELSE left the game and it was canceled.

The exception was one time when all of Blizz went down, Blizz Twitter announced they were having problems, yet I still got leaver penalty :downs:

Didn't even get into the game in this case. Like the queue timer disappeared, it made the "you found a game" noise, it held for a second, then basically said "no game's happening" and gave me the option to queue again without leaving the queue screen. This is not an uncommon occurrence for me or my friends who play here, but it could be a weird Chinese server thing if you've never seen it. I have never lost ranked points or been put into leaver queue over it, though.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So is the Summer Event starting tomorrow? I haven't heard anything about it since the trailer for it made its rounds around the internet a few weeks back.

Also who's been hoarding their Loot Chests for the Event? I even leveled up like 20 odd Heroes where now they sit with just a hair amount of exp left to level up for easy quick event boxes if this hoarding doesn't pan out, which it probably will, since they are random at opening. You might think I'm crazy (I am) but I actually I had a lot of free time this pass two weeks and unfortunately will be ultra busy for the next two so I won't even get to really play during the event, oh well.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I thought they were doing special event chests?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
There was some summer event type loot chests "skins" data mined IIRC, but they could just be skins for the chests, who knows.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tender Bender posted:

I thought they were doing special event chests?

The way I look at it, either the summer stuff still has a chance to drop out of the normal boxes, in which case saving them was justified, or it doesn't, in which case I just get my shards from all the dupes I'm bound to get now as opposed to over the last few weeks, and then I can just spend those shards on the summer stuff that I really want.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Another plus on hoarding for an event is that your bound to get some Stimpacks from all your Chests, and if you plan on playing during the event you might as well have those Stimpacks start when the event starts and not have them drain out a week prior.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
After playing like 5 or 6 games of new Thrall my opinion is that he is totally rear end. Too many quests to get up to a power level that isn't even really that impressive.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's gonna suck opening 30+ boxes at once and needing to stop myself from blowing gold on re-rolls.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Summer Loot Chests are definitely going to have unique contents, and they will definitely be tied to the Summer event in some form. Looking at the data, you'll be able to buy them in the same quantities that you can normal Loot chests (I.E. up to 52). The only thing I'm not for-sure on is if they'll completely replace normal Loot Chests' availability during the Summer event, or if they'll be separate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

The Summer Loot Chests are definitely going to have unique contents, and they will definitely be tied to the Summer event in some form. Looking at the data, you'll be able to buy them in the same quantities that you can normal Loot chests (I.E. up to 52). The only thing I'm not for-sure on is if they'll completely replace normal Loot Chests' availability during the Summer event, or if they'll be separate.

Which one would make Blizzard more money?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
We also don't know if it'll be OW style -limited time drop AND limited time craft time or more like hearthstone and limited window of purchase but can craft whenever. Or for that matter how cheesy they'll be about crafting costs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Overwatch and HotS having similar but different systems of distributing cosmetic loot is really confusing all the time for me.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Power Bottom posted:

The skin in general is a reference to Liefeld and his bullshit. The leotard and the metal arms/legs are Cable, the incredibly stupid loving swords and boxer headgear are Shatterstar, and the pouches all over are Liefeld's habit of completely covering every single character he ever drew in little leather pouches.

Edit: I can't help but link these articles every time Rob Liefeld is brought up, even if I'm the one bringing them up.

It's not just Liefeld; there's definitely some Todd McFarlane by way of Angela, too. That skin is basically a love letter to the horror show that was 90s comics.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Shortest Path posted:

Overwatch and HotS having similar but different systems of distributing cosmetic loot is really confusing all the time for me.

At least HOTS's boxes determine content when you open them rather than OW's boxes that determine content when you obtain them, meaning you can save boxes for opening until there's something you want.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Libertine posted:

After playing like 5 or 6 games of new Thrall my opinion is that he is totally rear end. Too many quests to get up to a power level that isn't even really that impressive.

The kills with lightning is really easy and has a great reward. then you can avoid all the other quests while picking talents that are still good

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Wait is this whole event just 3 skins with variants and a mount?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RNtPcvCf8Q

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

REDOLENT IN MY INCANDESCENCE

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Remember when they used to make balance changes to the game

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bathing suit Tychus, 600 shards.
Speedo Tychus, 2400 shards.

Every surf board variant is 2400 shards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

beejay posted:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroAndMapStatistics
What do you mean? They just added a hero that drastically changed the balance of the game.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

beejay posted:

Oh man, I think I remember something like that... My memory is a bit foggy from all this time but I believe it was earlier this month?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
You can just straight up buy the base skins in the bundle for like 10 bucks (assuming you own all 3 heroes), so that's nice.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The results of the 84 chests I had saved up (accidentally opened the 85th last night):

8 legendaries, I think. 18 days of Stimpack, too. Bunch of duplicate heroes, no new ones (I'm still missing 22 out of 68).

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

No Wave posted:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroAndMapStatistics
What do you mean? They just added a hero that drastically changed the balance of the game.

Holy poo poo I had no idea his numbers had jumped that high.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Toshimo posted:

The results of the 84 chests I had saved up (accidentally opened the 85th last night):

8 legendaries, I think. 18 days of Stimpack, too. Bunch of duplicate heroes, no new ones (I'm still missing 22 out of 68).

I think the new stuff only comes from the new suns out, guns out chests.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Probably slightly inflated at this point, since the only time Malthael gets to come out and play is against teams that don't know what they're doing (since they didn't ban Malthael).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAolE6W_l9I

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gustav posted:

Probably slightly inflated at this point, since the only time Malthael gets to come out and play is against teams that don't know what they're doing (since they didn't ban Malthael).
ya totally...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Malthael has the same exact problem that Tychus had before he got nuked: excessive amounts of Percentage damage and healing.

The difference is that Malthael has way more mobility, sustain, and AOE than Tychus ever did.