Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Panamaniac posted:

gently caress you, tammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

its not art until you squeez them back out

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

oh gently caress not a white person wearing a robE!!!!!!! OFFENSIVE (*fine with people getting ie picked, decapitated, faces chewed off, raped to death by own father, etc)

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
when is addiction to fake outrage going to make it into the DSM?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Might as well add "oxygen addiction."

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Pictured: Hanh Nguyen

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Veshpo posted:

Pictured: Hanh Nguyen

Red curry in my nose from laughing ouchie.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Doctor Dogballs posted:

oh gently caress not a white person wearing a robE!!!!!!! OFFENSIVE (*fine with people getting ie picked, decapitated, faces chewed off, raped to death by own father, etc)

Haha you're such a goddam moron, and not just because you feel for the most obvious of clickbait headlines

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hanh Nguyen needs to stop writing and get the gently caress off the internet, I think.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

basic hitler posted:

Hanh Nguyen needs to stop writing and get the gently caress off the internet, I think.

so much 4 liberal tolerance!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you call me liberal again i am gonna wreck your poo poo homeboY!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The show has the best product placement. First Evil Coop uses Windows Surface running some nonsense software straight from a nineties B-movie about hackers, and then Doc Hayward and Sheriff Truman Skype for the most blatant and almost literal phoned-in performance.

This season of Twin Peaks is already much funnier than Always Sunny's latest season. IN MY OPINION.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Paladinus posted:

The show has the best product placement. First Evil Coop uses Windows Surface running some nonsense software straight from a nineties B-movie about hackers, and then Doc Hayward and Sheriff Truman Skype for the most blatant and almost literal phoned-in performance.

This season of Twin Peaks is already much funnier than Always Sunny's latest season. IN MY OPINION.

Dougie isn't funny. And Lucy and Deputy Andy were never funny. In my HUMBLE opinion.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

Dougie isn't funny. And Lucy and Deputy Andy were never funny. In my HUMBLE opinion.

I agree with this, but still love the show. Though Andy was funny once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZzeyGVkZxo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lucy has a funny voice that reminds me of someone I know in real life. Which is funny to me, IMVHO.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Do you know what skype is doc

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Paladinus posted:

and then Doc Hayward and Sheriff Truman Skype for the most blatant and almost literal phoned-in performance.

Doc Hayward was played by Mark Frost's father, who was dying and still took the time to do a Skype call for his son's show before passing away. Gonna give the guy a little slack.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kitsunegari posted:

Do you know what skype is doc

There is a Will Hayward with called middleburydoc on Skype. I know that studios are required to buy domain names and stuff if they mention web or email addresses in their shows, but I'd like to think that Lynch has literally searched Skype for Will Hayward and added this one, because the guy is American and maybe a doctor. I don't think Middlebury has any connection to Twin Peaks.

E: oh, Warren Frost was from Middlebury. RIP.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

so this latest episode was pretty redonk

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

"The" Nine Inch Nails sucks.

The entire episode was someone told David Lynch about CG and how to gently caress with digital video in windows movie maker.

I laughed at the noises the lady in the car made during the "Gotta light?" part.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

:stare: well, now I know where all the CGI budget went since apparently there was no money left over for the first 7 episodes.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

This is what happens when a creator gets powerful enough to refuse to be edited. Save us Dougie.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This episode was a creation myth, an homage to several classical films, a NIN concert video, and an explanation of all the forces at work in Twin Peaks while also tying it in to Lynch's other films. And people are still complaining that nothing is happening and it's all just masturbatory filler.

You're too good for this world, David Lynch.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The latest ep was not good. Somone finally gave me some insight into the imagery that might help me "get it" if i get around to rewatching it, but getting that info was like pulling teeth. and enduring some very :smuggo: type of jerkwards. This was david lynch basically writing a ridiculous, probably skippable intermission to the rest of the show full of dense, boring symbolism and imagery that's apparently about the birth of the black lodge, but the only way you could like it if you're the Lynch equivalent of a nintendo fanboy.

You know, that's cool if that's what I'm signing up for. Eraserhead is a cool movie. Interrupting the actual show of Twin Peaks to give us some insanely masturbatory high-art rendition of how/why the black lodge came to be that nobody could possibly enjoy unless you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who gets off on this kind of poo poo or writes episode reviews that quote Marx and Zizek was a jackass thing to do though.

I guess david lynch is gonna be david lynch, but i've enjoyed every single episode of the new series until this bad poo poo.

I'm only gonna rewatch tomorrow out of loyalty to the dude himself but I'm gonna go ahead and say that part 8 will be the worst episode of the series by a hugely wide margin and i bet it's gonna make some people stop watching entirely lol

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I would have loved to known what the Showtime president was thinking when he got to this episode.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What a terrible show

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The gently caress?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

basic hitler posted:

The latest ep was not good. Somone finally gave me some insight into the imagery that might help me "get it" if i get around to rewatching it, but getting that info was like pulling teeth. and enduring some very :smuggo: type of jerkwards. This was david lynch basically writing a ridiculous, probably skippable intermission to the rest of the show full of dense, boring symbolism and imagery that's apparently about the birth of the black lodge, but the only way you could like it if you're the Lynch equivalent of a nintendo fanboy.

You know, that's cool if that's what I'm signing up for. Eraserhead is a cool movie. Interrupting the actual show of Twin Peaks to give us some insanely masturbatory high-art rendition of how/why the black lodge came to be that nobody could possibly enjoy unless you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who gets off on this kind of poo poo or writes episode reviews that quote Marx and Zizek was a jackass thing to do though.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Guy Mann posted:

This episode was a creation myth, an homage to several classical films, a NIN concert video, and an explanation of all the forces at work in Twin Peaks while also tying it in to Lynch's other films. And people are still complaining that nothing is happening and it's all just masturbatory filler.

You're too good for this world, David Lynch.

seriously this was so much fun, we don't deserve a show this good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gatekeeper posted:

seriously this was so much fun, we don't deserve a show this good

An electric hobo uses his bare hands to crush several peoples' skulls like eggs and takes over a radio station to chant a spell that sedates and possibly kills an entire town, all in the service of allowing a newly-hatched frogroach born from the atomic bomb to crawl into a little girl's mouth and imbue her with a spirit from another world.

yawn, BORING

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

basic hitler posted:

I guess david lynch is gonna be david lynch, but i've enjoyed every single episode of the new series until this bad poo poo.

I'm only gonna rewatch tomorrow out of loyalty to the dude himself but I'm gonna go ahead and say that part 8 will be the worst episode of the series by a hugely wide margin and i bet it's gonna make some people stop watching entirely lol

Sorry that you are a smooth brained plebian who cant understand simple logic lmaoing at you fam

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

basic hitler posted:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Fartbox posted:

What a terrible show

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

basic hitler posted:

Got a light?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

For the first 20 minutes or half hour of the episode, when lynch was showing us the nuke explosion from the outside and then showing us all kinds of crazy stuff happening inside of it on a tiny or even microscopic scale, and then showing stuff happening somewhere else in the universe on a very macroscopic scale, you got the idea of an interconnectedness of everything in the universe from the smallest scale to the largest and also to some sort of metaphysical or supernatural plane where something unimaginably complicated is triggered that will affect all of reality. It was pretty cool. But this supernatural plane of existence should be something we can't even begin to imagine because it's so far beyond us. But then lynch shows you this supernatural plane...and it's a woman and man, wearing a dress and a suit sitting on couches and listening to records, in a room with some comically big alarm thing and a big TV. These are the people and this is the supernatural place where all of reality comes together and events on Earth are being directed? What? The first half hour really triggered the imagination. But then the second half hour completely ruined everything. Although I guess lynch showed us this metaphysical plane before, in the episode with the blind woman and Cooper in space. What a terrible supernatural higher reality.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

It was pretty easy to see it was about the black lodge, but I enjoy that Bob is made from some CG throw up / creamcorn and Laura Palmer is a golden orb sent to earth.

The scenes with the tall man looked like 90s FMVs.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

I wasn't bored

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

SPACE HOMOS posted:

It was pretty easy to see it was about the black lodge, but I enjoy that Bob is made from some CG throw up / creamcorn and Laura Palmer is a golden orb sent to earth.

I'm pretty sure we're all golden orbs before burlesque show goddess kisses us and sends us to this gross black and white plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

SPACE HOMOS posted:

The black and white area may have been the white lodge. The Giant is benevolent and the other spirit seemed benign too

• Locked thread