Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

By Netero's standards Chrollo is one of the people living up to what it means to be a hunter.

netero probably would have briefly considered joining the spiders just so he'd have something to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
netero was never that malicious. he would gladly kill helpless people if it was somehow interesting, but not for profit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

netero probably would have briefly considered joining the spiders just so he'd have something to do.

That'd be amazing, they'd never keep up with him though

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

netero was never that malicious. he would gladly kill helpless people if it was somehow interesting, but not for profit.

Chrollo says he enjoys hunting skills because of what they unintentionally reveal about the user. For example the guy who didn't see dead bodies as objects unless the head was removed. Netero would totally dig that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Spiders seem to have enough individual autonomy that if all a person wanted was to fight strong people, they'd probably not have an issue with it as long as the person defended the rest when necessary.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shugojin posted:

The Spiders seem to have enough individual autonomy that if all a person wanted was to fight strong people, they'd probably not have an issue with it as long as the person defended the rest when necessary.

I'm imagining Uvo and Netero drinking cans and having a contest to see who can throw their empties into the bin from further away.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Counting the weeks years until strong boy Nobunaga unleashes his nen to cleave the coward Hisoka in half

and then the halves probably get fused together by bungee gum because gently caress that guy

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nobunaga is dying without ever revealing his insanely sick hatsu. Interestingly on my reread I noticed Hisoka's prosthetic Bungee Gum leg actually squishes a lot when he walks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It didn't need to but Hisoka left it in to annoy people.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i really hope that someday we get hisoka vs chrollo animated

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wish they'd even just do an OVA of it because it's pretty self-contained. A man's dream never dies!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hot take: Kurapika and his OP rear end are both good

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I present my evidence:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tonfa posted:

Counting the weeks years until strong boy Nobunaga unleashes his nen to cleave the coward Hisoka in half

and then the halves probably get fused together by bungee gum because gently caress that guy

Mods

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Schubalts posted:

So Knuckle has the most powerful ability of all time?

This is completely hosed up to call my absolute boy Knuckle insufferable

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

no one likes calculating interest

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He does it for you.

Because he is a considerate boy

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yusuke Kuwabara Higashikata is the best boy

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Schubalts posted:

So Knuckle has the most powerful ability of all time?

It's technically indestructible so yes?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think with the right mutations from genetics you can deep fry and eat UI elements like IRS.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Caves of Qud thread is over there

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
"So this is my OC Kurapika and..."

Real talk holy gently caress there's a new chapter

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'll hand it to the guy, he pitched a premise interesting enough that I still get pumped to see more of it even when deep down I know I'll never see the ending.

Kind of want to reread the beginning of this arc now, which of the comic reader services has the official translation? The scanlations were... muddled.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This is completely hosed up to call my absolute boy Knuckle insufferable

Knuckle owns. I meant the little bastard that exists just to say "Calculating interest" and drive people insane.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rangpur posted:

I'll hand it to the guy, he pitched a premise interesting enough that I still get pumped to see more of it even when deep down I know I'll never see the ending.

Kind of want to reread the beginning of this arc now, which of the comic reader services has the official translation? The scanlations were... muddled.

The VizMedia/Shonen Jump App for sure, maybe Comixology?

EDIT: Assuming you live in America or a country served by the apps, of course. If not, scans may be the only option.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Knuckle is the type of dork that thinks a partly-stuttered pun is a RIGHTEOUS name for a nen-based ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ2qJOU8FPc

Knuckle is the best. :allears:

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Hate-Senpai posted:

It probably also didn't help that people with nen stealing powers didn't really have that great a track record till Hisoka vs Chrollo.

Chrollo couldn't steal mid-fight when up against someone as good as Silva and Zeno, plus when he did bring out Owl's cloth thing his combat ability was further hampered because both of his hands were occupied (one with the book, the other with the cloth). It made hand-to-hand combat virtually impossible. Chrollo had to modify his own ability to make it something that could work in an actual fight. Prior to that, he killed some random mercenary assassin but a nameless dude doesn't really count.

Leol also died, but to be fair, he just had the worst luck in picking an opponent. Morrel was a) a Sea Hunter, meaning an ability that creates a mass of water isn't going to hinder him much, and b) friends with the original owner of the ability, meaning he had a grasp of how it worked.

Chrollo's power really isn't about fighting, it is about stealing, fighting is not what the Phantom Troupe is all about. His power has great utility. For example, he was able to steal the prediction power from the Mob bosses daughter, something very valuable.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but also he's a contender for strongest man in the world.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
*with Batman levels of prep time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hisoka is going to kill him using the properties of rubber and gum

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
gently caress Hisoka and Kurapika.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

turboraton posted:

Hot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jose posted:

hisoka is going to kill him using the properties of rubber and gum

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hisoka, learning from his defeat, invents a new technique to allow him to make it in the "new world." By using his gum and rubber to force the blood to pump quickly through his body, he gains incredible speed and physical power.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

turboraton posted:

Stop being mean to my son, Kurapika.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hisoka, learning from his defeat, invents a new technique to allow him to make it in the "new world." By using his gum and rubber to force the blood to pump quickly through his body, he gains incredible speed and physical power.

i would unironically love to see hisoka gum gum pistol with his bungee arm

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

turboraton posted:

Kill Gon. Marry Leorio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

Kill Gon. Marry Leorio.

Kill Casshern, Devour Casshern.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kill Casshern, Devour Casshern.

Nice, I just finished it recently enough.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

http://www.bakadata.com/manga-spoiler/hunter-x-hunter-362-spoiler

As the URL says, spoilers.

What happens it's very... Togashi.
but of course you are going to do a deathmatch, a Battle Royale event where they have to kill each other, and then give magical creatures that can't kill them directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

turboraton posted:

Would Hisoka get a murderboner over what Kurapika has become, or just view him as a "waste of talent" because Kurapika is only at his strongest against Spiders?