Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Anyone old enough to remember when Bill was in office and even back then, people were saying they'd never vote her Hillary when she runs? Even back then it was obviously a goal of hers but even then, nobody wanted her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

Lucky for you, there is a party currently committed to this platform.

On a related note, they managed to lose a presidential election to a reality show retard. And a congressional one. And the Senate. Also, the majority of governors. They'll probably lose at least 1 seat on the Supreme Court, too.

Good news friend!
Big cases, retirement rumors as Supreme Court nears finish. https://tiny.iavian.net/hjuz

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a promise he had to keep to prevent the Clinton's from sabotaging his presidency. murdering him

Ftfy

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Did Bill ever release a book about his erection_

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Incitatus posted:

Did Bill ever release a book about his erection_

Yeah, If I Did Her.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

and twitter liberals are still defending this poo poo somehow

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

chemosh6969 posted:

Anyone old enough to remember when Bill was in office and even back then, people were saying they'd never vote her Hillary when she runs? Even back then it was obviously a goal of hers but even then, nobody wanted her.

I was a baby for a big chunk of the clinton years but i became aware of politics with the Lewinsky scandal and I remember adults talking about the inevitability of a Hillary presidential bid back then, yeah.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/maggie_klaus/status/878321106829983744

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The won...at losing!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
HRC DUN

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

FUCT UP

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
This has been bugging me for a while, couldn't remember who this was or precisely when, finally found it:

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/2/9/former_vermont_governor_madeleine_kunin_on

quote:

MADELEINE KUNIN: Well, I’m very pleased to endorse Hillary Clinton. And my answer is simple. I believe she is the most qualified and will be the most effective person in the White House. And I’m supporting her for that reason. In addition, I am thrilled that we have a strong possibility of having a woman in the White House. But I want to make it clear: I’m not supporting her just because she’s a woman—I don’t think anybody should—but because I think she is the top qualified person for the job. And I’ve known her over the years. And I’ve also had the experience of being the first woman governor of Vermont and the fourth woman in the country.

And I believe there’s still some gender issues at work. They’re more subtle than they used to be. Now, nobody is going to say, "I won’t vote for a woman," like a barber said to me in Springfield, Vermont. People feel that, you know, it’s obviously politically incorrect. But I think both men and women have some subtle gender issues. For example, Bernie’s style of waving his arms and getting laryngitis from shouting is something a woman can’t do, because she would be considered hysterical. People don’t like angry women. But there are also some gender issues on the positive side, that I feel that as a woman, as a working woman, as a wife, as a mother, we have different priorities on the agenda. And women’s issues, like child care, equal pay for equal work, paid family and medical leave, those are gut issues for women, because we’ve lived them. So, the world still looks different through the eyes of a woman, just as the world looked different through the eyes of a black man, Barack Obama. Not on everything, but on some key issues, there are positive gender differences, because these issues will get higher attention when Hillary is president.

"I'm not endorsing Hillary Clinton because she's a woman, now let me talk about nothing but how her being a woman makes her a better candidate!"

The beauty part is, this was probably the best argument anyone ever made for voting for Hillary Clinton. Too bad she never presented any evidence that Hillary Clinton actually resembled her ideal woman candidate.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 25, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
no one ever really made an effective case that Hillary was a human, let alone a woman

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

chemosh6969 posted:

I was in my teens. I remember jokes about Hillary running and also jokes about whoever Hillary would have married besides Bill being the president.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

This has been bugging me for a while, couldn't remember who this was or precisely when, finally found it:

"I'm not endorsing Hillary Clinton because she's a woman, now let me talk about nothing but how her being a woman makes her a better candidate!"

The beauty part is, this was probably the best argument anyone ever made for voting for Hillary Clinton. Too bad she never presented any evidence that Hillary Clinton actually resembled her ideal woman candidate.

"I believe there’s still some gender issues at work. They’re more subtle than they used to be. Now, nobody is going to say, "I won’t vote for a woman," like a barber said to me in Springfield, Vermont."

*Says sexism is more "subtle" then immediately gives an example of blatant sexism*

And obviously trying to grab people by the emotions. "You aren't a sexist....are you?"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I wonder how many people who were on the fence were turned against Clinton by that crap.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

VideoTapir posted:

I wonder how many people who were on the fence were turned against Clinton by that crap.

So many, yet not nearly enough.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hillary Clinton was bad. There are people who exist who absolutely know what's going on with her, know what she really stands for, knows she's trying to placate the working class while telling them to go gently caress themselves, deliberately trying to undermine the labor left, and deliberately using wedge social issues a president has next to no power to influence, and outright lying about her position on theses things, and they still supported her. I hate them way more than I hate Hillary Clinton. There are SA posters who fit this bill, and sometimes I wish a name-and-shame was something I could do without eating a bucket of poo poo. because everyone who likes Hillary Clinton should get owned on the internet and hosed up in real life. I pray for the financial ruin, emotional distress and pain, bad luck, and eventually their premature death from the stress and pain of a vengeful God, my God, ruining their lives for ultimately wanting to elect a woman who actively wants to harm this country and its working classes.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

spacetoaster posted:

"I believe there’s still some gender issues at work. They’re more subtle than they used to be. Now, nobody is going to say, "I won’t vote for a woman," like a barber said to me in Springfield, Vermont."

*Says sexism is more "subtle" then immediately gives an example of blatant sexism*

And obviously trying to grab people by the emotions. "You aren't a sexist....are you?"

Hillary is the "I'm not racist, but..." of feminism.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

basic hitler posted:

Hillary Clinton was bad. There are people who exist who absolutely know what's going on with her, know what she really stands for, knows she's trying to placate the working class while telling them to go gently caress themselves, deliberately trying to undermine the labor left, and deliberately using wedge social issues a president has next to no power to influence, and outright lying about her position on theses things, and they still supported her. I hate them way more than I hate Hillary Clinton. There are SA posters who fit this bill, and sometimes I wish a name-and-shame was something I could do without eating a bucket of poo poo. because everyone who likes Hillary Clinton should get owned on the internet and hosed up in real life. I pray for the financial ruin, emotional distress and pain, bad luck, and eventually their premature death from the stress and pain of a vengeful God, my God, ruining their lives for ultimately wanting to elect a woman who actively wants to harm this country and its working classes.

I'm not a religious man, and I haven't been for a while, but I still feel that Hillary Clinton's humiliating loss to Donald Trump is the strongest evidence we have that God is real. It is exactly the sort of thing the Triune God would do to teach the world why humility is important and arrogance is a deadly sin.

:catholic:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

basic hitler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPhylYXsNX8

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Hillary did nothing wrong

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

basic hitler posted:

its truly their fault we're in the current state of things, across multiple elections.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

I know we're talking about this dumb election book, but I like to think that in our lifetimes, we'll get a real tell-all book.

I still can't believe a few of my gay friends, who are the hillary supporters you're describing, still say they're afraid of Trump literally sending goons to come round them up. I mean, it was stupid as hell the day after the election, but any objective look at Trump paints a better picture of someone who supports gay rights when put up against Hillary.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Poetic Justice posted:

Hillary did nothing right

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

spacetoaster posted:

I know we're talking about this dumb election book, but I like to think that in our lifetimes, we'll get a real tell-all book.

I still can't believe a few of my gay friends, who are the hillary supporters you're describing, still say they're afraid of Trump literally sending goons to come round them up. I mean, it was stupid as hell the day after the election, but any objective look at Trump paints a better picture of someone who supports gay rights when put up against Hillary.

Trump is a New Yorker and most people from New York know at least one gay person and on average they are less religious than most of the country. If I had to guess where in NY you'd find the most homophobia, hilariously it would be among minority immigrant enclaves, lol

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

lol he picked mike pence as his vp dude. he gives exactly as little a poo poo about gay people as hillary "support gay marriage at 52 percent" clinton

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Stexils posted:

lol he picked mike pence as his vp dude. he gives exactly as little a poo poo about gay people as hillary "support gay marriage at 52 percent" clinton

Actually, that choice was made by the GOP as part of the tenuous alliance between Trump and the GOP hardliners who absolutely loathe him since he is a former NY Democrat running on a populist platform.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Actually, that choice was made by the GOP as part of the tenuous alliance between Trump and the GOP hardliners who absolutely loathe him since he is a former NY Democrat running on a populist platform.

if trump doesnt care enough to veto the GOP antigay pick for his vice president why would he care enough to veto GOP antigay legislation?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The VP pick got him the presidency. Being anti-gay doesn't really matter at this point.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Stexils posted:

if trump doesnt care enough to veto the GOP antigay pick for his vice president why would he care enough to veto GOP antigay legislation?

Because the VP has very limited formal powers, and none of those would allow him to unilaterally put gay people in ball shocking camps or whatever. Especially with the Democrats and the media in general rabidly opposing him, Trump needs that GOP insider support. Maybe if he had more bipartisan cooperation and a more reasonable media environment he could try for more pushback and take more independent acrions, but unfortunately this is not the case and he is limited in how he can exercise his "soft power" as President.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Stexils posted:

A VP is a largely meaningless pick unless your candidate gets assassinated, or if dying from old age is a realistic possibility (McCain's Palin Dilemma). Outside of that, their primary purpose is for them to be able to win their home state and for them not look like a loving retard/corrupt piece of poo poo/creep.

Pence might be a piece of poo poo (remember when he disputed claims that cigarettes cause cancer in the 90s?), but at least he can talk/act like he's NOT a piece of poo poo.

Hillary chose this guy :

She chose him because he stepped down and helped grease Hillary's helper into his former position. He offered nothing to her campaign and actively hurt her campaign.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

My favorite was handwaving away the thing falling out of her pant leg as being someone else's keys when she collapsed Into that van despite being able to see it from multiple angles at 1080p

What fell out of her pantleg? Was it a fossilized turd?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

so what evidence is there that trump is pro-gay. why are you reading him this way oxballs, what actual things has he done that are pro gay that can counter his atrocious cabinet and vice president.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

A VP is a largely meaningless pick unless your candidate gets assassinated, or if dying from old age is a realistic possibility (McCain's Palin Dilemma). Outside of that, their primary purpose is for them to be able to win their home state and for them not look like a loving retard/corrupt piece of poo poo/creep.

Pence might be a piece of poo poo (remember when he disputed claims that cigarettes cause cancer in the 90s?), but at least he can talk/act like he's NOT a piece of poo poo.

Hillary chose this guy :

She chose him because he stepped down and helped grease Hillary's helper into his former position. He offered nothing to her campaign and actively hurt her campaign.

i dont think he actively hurt her except through opportunity cost. it was a prime opportunity to throw the left a bone and she passed it up for wonderbread.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Stexils posted:

i dont think he actively hurt her except through opportunity cost. it was a prime opportunity to throw the left a bone and she passed it up for wonderbread.

if she'd picked bernie or warren she could have appeased the progressives but why would she do that

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Stexils posted:

so what evidence is there that trump is pro-gay. why are you reading him this way oxballs, what actual things has he done that are pro gay that can counter his atrocious cabinet and vice president.

Fair question. Trump was pro-gay marriage back before even Obama/Clinton were. He gave no fucks, he wrote an entire blog on it and publicly said lots of good things about Elton John, and his partner. He's been very openly supportive of gay people for a long time and I think it's personal and not some focus group testing thing.

Now I've got a question for you. If Trump/Pence are so anti-gay what have they done since taking office that is anti gay? What anti gay plans do you think they have?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

maskenfreiheit posted:

if she'd picked bernie or warren she could have appeased the progressives but why would she do that

it would have been smart cause she would have won while also taking an influential progressive out of any real form of power

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Fair question. Trump was pro-gay marriage back before even Obama/Clinton were. He gave no fucks, he wrote an entire blog on it and publicly said lots of good things about Elton John, and his partner. He's been very openly supportive of gay people for a long time and I think it's personal and not some focus group testing thing.

Now I've got a question for you. If Trump/Pence are so anti-gay what have they done since taking office that is anti gay? What anti gay plans do you think they have?

i don't think trump is anti-gay, i think he doesn't care. meaning that if the house and senate pass a bill that, i dunno, redefines hate crimes to make it easier to assault gay people without getting charged with that, i don't think trump would care enough to veto it. he's not going to make a speech blasting the gay community but he's not going to lift a finger to help them either. which is mostly materially the same as clinton since with a republican house/senate her hands would be mostly tied. the reason i think this is because many of his cabinet picks and pence have histories of being anti-lgbt and it obviously didn't matter enough for him to pick someone else. i think this is a lot more relevant to his current positions than years old articles.

pence on the other hand is largely powerless right now, so i don't think he has any current plans. if trump gets impeached (looking more likely every day since idiot democrats seem to think it would hand them the next 4 years on a platter for some asinine reason) he's not going to be rounding up gay people into camps but he'll probably be strongly in favor of removing protections for them in the workplace at the very least. im sure hes drooling at the thought of possibly getting a supreme court justice who would undo the gay marraige ruling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Stexils posted:

i don't think trump is anti-gay, i think he doesn't care. meaning that if the house and senate pass a bill that, i dunno, redefines hate crimes to make it easier to assault gay people without getting charged with that, i don't think trump would care enough to veto it. he's not going to make a speech blasting the gay community but he's not going to lift a finger to help them either. which is mostly materially the same as clinton since with a republican house/senate her hands would be mostly tied. the reason i think this is because many of his cabinet picks and pence have histories of being anti-lgbt and it obviously didn't matter enough for him to pick someone else. i think this is a lot more relevant to his current positions than years old articles.

pence on the other hand is largely powerless right now, so i don't think he has any current plans. if trump gets impeached (looking more likely every day since idiot democrats seem to think it would hand them the next 4 years on a platter for some asinine reason) he's not going to be rounding up gay people into camps but he'll probably be strongly in favor of removing protections for them in the workplace at the very least. im sure hes drooling at the thought of possibly getting a supreme court justice who would undo the gay marraige ruling.

So nothing. Got it.

• Locked thread