Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Cats aren't evil.

Depends on the cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Andrast posted:

I don't really see how that precludes him from being evil

Gonna have to agree with this; the guy's been personally antagonistic to not just the crew but his own entire universe (constant shouting; threatening to kill, obliterate, and Hakai people for whatever reason; blowing up planets by the halves if their food isn't up to his standards; intimidated Frieza into blowing up Planet Vegeta, thereby making him the personal villain to Goku and Vegeta; etc). In contrast, Fat Buu was The Most Evil in DBZ, turning people into foodstuffs and annihilating the rest just to pass the time, and he was redeemed with some guidance and a friendly hand; he was simple and didn't know better, whereas Beerus knows what he's doing all the time. Beerus has done exactly one non-selfish thing in his life, and that's restoring Universe 6's Earth so Champa could pig out, and that act of good was for his brother and a fellow God. Beerus has done absolutely nothing for the betterment of mortals. Fella's pretty evil.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Imagine if black people could point to one person, let's use Hitler, who was responsible for our slavery, killed my father for no reason, and nearly killed the entire race. And you guys think any of that screams "redeemable".

Holding a God to rules of a mortal is where you're messing up.

And let's not get started on Buu. That a huge reach calling him the most evil.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
ban frieza apologists

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBX posted:

Imagine if black people could point to one person, let's use Hitler, who was responsible for our slavery, killed my father for no reason, and nearly killed the entire race. And you guys think any of that screams "redeemable".

Zamasu was a god too. Was he not evil then?

There is very little difference between gods and mortals in DB and attributing a different morality to them for no good reason is a huge cop out.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 26, 2017

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Frieza and Beerus are both evil in different ways. Frieza is more fun though because he's just a huge rear end who's a dick for no reason.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

King Kai is the only useful god. Give him Shin's job.

a cartoon duck posted:

The problem with Freeza isn't that he's a space dictator or anything, it's just that he personally hates Goku with every fibre of his being.

To be fair, so did Vegeta for most of Z.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
U7's poo poo rear end ranking suggests that Beerus's totally random destruction on a whim isn't actually necessary or good for his job.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so apparently thers a new dragon ball tv show?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kurtofan posted:

Y... yes? The 97th episode just aired. Freeza's back, and he's a shonen anime rival now.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kanos posted:

U7's poo poo rear end ranking suggests that Beerus's totally random destruction on a whim isn't actually necessary or good for his job.

Let's be fair, it's also 50% Shin's fault their universe is complete trash.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

That's right. You can stream it on GodTube.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

a cartoon duck posted:

Let's be fair, it's also 50% Shin's fault their universe is complete trash.

Shin has his job because Beerus shoved the actual knowledgable Kai in a sword to cover his own rear end, then did literally nothing while Majin Buu ran around killing everyone, then didn't do anything to help Shin adjust to his new position despite being super old and theoretically being a useful source of information.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RBX posted:

Buu was a child.

So, like a child, a sociopath that had to be taught to not be one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the key difference between Freeza and Beerus. Look at their introductions.

Beerus has always been goofy. He's this weird goofy dude, who in Battle of Gods, mostly has a really menacing personality and attitude, but mostly just wants to fightmans some strong fightmans.

He's a ridiculous cat man that goofs off and goes on a rampage because of pudding. Even the one thing we know he's responsible for, telling Freeza to blow up Planet Vegeta, isn't that bad because the Sayians were awful people and a threat to the universe, and Freeza was likely going to do it anyways.

Super added some ambiguity to the guy, made him more of a villain, but the core of his goofy cat man status remains.

Freeza is every thing that Toryiama is afraid of. He is every nasty, horrible thing rolled into one vindictive, vicious, violent monster. He is introduced as a horrifying tyrant that commands other monstrous individuals, who will even snap the necks of children and the elderly, and he himself only gets worse and worse through his appearances in the Namek Saga. He is a monster, where the only funny things related to him are things that happen TO him, like Goku biting his tail.

Vegeta, on the flip side, is just another Sayian, and not even as much of a brute as Nappa, who did all of the bad stuff for the Sayian Saga.

There is nothing redeemable about Freeza. There is nothing friendly about Freeza. There never has been and there never will be.

Freeza is, in Goku's own words, the worst kind of scum.

There would be comedy in Freeza watching Pan, but it'd be on the same level as Hitler baby sitting a Jewish Orphanage.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Not to be the topic police here, but this has to be like the 100th time someone makes the startling suggestion that maybe the kais might not be good at their job. It's getting almost as bad as the whole goku is a bad dad thing.

Anyways...

Anyone get the impression that even though Beerus knows he's many times more powerful than Freeza he still seems to be really scared of him? It's probably mostly due to not being able to trust him or predict what he could possibly do. He knows he's a wild cannon who he can't necessarily control seeing as Beerus and everyone else needs him at the moment. Freeza and Beerus both know it and Beerus hates it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kurtofan posted:

watch it. the first two arcs are shakey retellings of the most recent movies, but after that it's all original and a lot better

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Burkion posted:

Here's the key difference between Freeza and Beerus. Look at their introductions.

Beerus has always been goofy. He's this weird goofy dude, who in Battle of Gods, mostly has a really menacing personality and attitude, but mostly just wants to fightmans some strong fightmans.

He's a ridiculous cat man that goofs off and goes on a rampage because of pudding. Even the one thing we know he's responsible for, telling Freeza to blow up Planet Vegeta, isn't that bad because the Sayians were awful people and a threat to the universe, and Freeza was likely going to do it anyways.

Super added some ambiguity to the guy, made him more of a villain, but the core of his goofy cat man status remains.

Freeza is every thing that Toryiama is afraid of. He is every nasty, horrible thing rolled into one vindictive, vicious, violent monster. He is introduced as a horrifying tyrant that commands other monstrous individuals, who will even snap the necks of children and the elderly, and he himself only gets worse and worse through his appearances in the Namek Saga. He is a monster, where the only funny things related to him are things that happen TO him, like Goku biting his tail.

Vegeta, on the flip side, is just another Sayian, and not even as much of a brute as Nappa, who did all of the bad stuff for the Sayian Saga.

There is nothing redeemable about Freeza. There is nothing friendly about Freeza. There never has been and there never will be.

Freeza is, in Goku's own words, the worst kind of scum.

There would be comedy in Freeza watching Pan, but it'd be on the same level as Hitler baby sitting a Jewish Orphanage.

It's really impressive how you learned to make fart noises with your keyboard.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sharktamer posted:

Not to be the topic police here, but this has to be like the 100th time someone makes the startling suggestion that maybe the kais might not be good at their job. It's getting almost as bad as the whole goku is a bad dad thing.

Anyways...

Anyone get the impression that even though Beerus knows he's many times more powerful than Freeza he still seems to be really scared of him? It's probably mostly due to not being able to trust him or predict what he could possibly do. He knows he's a wild cannon who he can't necessarily control seeing as Beerus and everyone else needs him at the moment. Freeza and Beerus both know it and Beerus hates it.

You mean in that they are both correct

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Based off of upcoming titles, who wants to guess that 18 is the first universe 7 fighter to be knocked out and that causes Krillin to go ape?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

khwarezm posted:

Based off of upcoming titles, who wants to guess that 18 is the first universe 7 fighter to be knocked out and that causes Krillin to go ape?

I hope the title of that episode is "Strong! Handsome! Krillin is the Strongest Human!"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope tien dies and zeno bros dont care because hes lame.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cross posting this, holy poo poo:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Cross posting this, holy poo poo:

MY BOY

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I actually think Tien is gonna be really strong if not for any reason than it would be dramatic.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

So what happens to fighters that fall out of the ring? Do they just re-materialize in the spectator stands?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Tien will be awesome and vastly outperform expectations but will be voted out by the Zen-O's because he doesn't have a cool backstory or interesting alien genes.

He's not even half-anything!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Tien will be awesome and vastly outperform expectations but will be voted out by the Zen-O's because he doesn't have a cool backstory or interesting alien genes.

He's not even half-anything!

Tien's an alien actually.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Three-Eyed_People

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What the gently caress

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would think Tien has some Earthling in him, similar to Gohan. He's a descendant of the three eye people, so you'd assume they mixed with humans as well.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know it looks cool and all, but is there really any upside for Trunks to fight with a sword? Any fighter worth their salt can use ki blasts, and it's been shown that a strong enough opponent can just break it. Which seems like it would be a problem for Future Trunks especially, since there probably aren't too many blacksmiths around in his time.

e: Also people can use their ki as swords, right? Why doesn't he just do that?

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 26, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TrilliontonNixon posted:

it looks cool and all

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I always thought the scene where he kills King Cold was meant to show that the sword is mostly aesthetic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I know it looks cool and all, but is there really any upside for Trunks to fight with a sword? Any fighter worth their salt can use ki blasts, and it's been shown that a strong enough opponent can just break it. Which seems like it would be a problem for Future Trunks especially, since there probably aren't too many blacksmiths around in his time.

e: Also people can use their ki as swords, right? Why doesn't he just do that?

The sword is just something Trunks likes using/is his style. We saw when King Cold used it that the sword is mostly just for show/covered in his aura/something because its power comes from him, not from the blade itself. (The mistake Cold made.)

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

its power comes from him, not from the blade itself.

how inspiring

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Probably something he needed early on before he could hold his own against the androids, and then kept around out of habit.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The sword is there because this is a cool cartoon for children and not a treatise on maltheism

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm pretty sure that Vegata doesn't have to yell out final flash to make the beam work.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

I'm pretty sure that Vegata doesn't have to yell out final flash to make the beam work.

Actually you'll find that Vegeta's nen condition...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Burkion posted:

The introduction to Beerus in Super is him exploding half of a planet because the terrified inhabitants fed him a banquet and he tried one dish and didn't like it.

• Locked thread