Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MEIN FUHRER!! I CAN TALK!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Visually that was absolutely goddamn spectacular, it was incredible, I loved it

Writing-wise the series took some stumbles after episode 22. I really liked the twist with Chariot, but pulling back on it immediately was a bit unfortunate, and the ending was very much generic anime hype ending #3 (Though to be honest, it works plenty well for this series.) That said, at no point would I say it got bad, and all the character writing across the board has been great, and overall I thought LWA fuckin' owned bones

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sincx posted:

Good show. Here's hoping Netflix throws enough money at them for a season 2, but I'm not counting on it.

Did anyone else notice Trigger giving 4chan a little cameo?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Would 2chan be more likely?

It's 4chan, someone from Trigger posts in the LWA threads there. Or historically has done during the show's run at least.

In fact, I think it's just a doctored screenshot. It has the Janitor app message on top word for word and same formatting.

Good series, not enough Soos.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 26, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

sincx posted:

Good show. Here's hoping Netflix throws enough money at them for a season 2, but I'm not counting on it.

I really liked it, but I'm not sure it needs another season. Every major plot hook got wrapped up, the character arcs reached their natural endpoints for the show, all the major characters who could reasonably support an episode got at least one. I mean, Trigger's gotta Trigger, but it feels like we'd be better off with something new and crazy, not just retreading something good but done (and running a significant risk of ruining both traits.).\

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
solid series, and i'm grateful we got it but it could have had like ten times the amount of sucy in it

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Good series, not enough Soos.

see, this guy gets it

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

In fact, I think it's just a doctored screenshot. It has the Janitor app message on top word for word and same formatting.

Nope

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

solid series, and i'm grateful we got it but it could have had like ten times the amount of sucy in it

Yeah. Not enough Sucy is probably LWA's biggest flaw.

To be fair, it still has a much better Sucy percentage than almost any other show. Only Space Patrol Luluco can really compete.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Great show, pretty good ending. Nice and gay. I was thankful that Andrew and Akko didnt hook up

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This show ruled.

e: But now its over :qq:

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 26, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was awesome! I'm so glad Akko finally got her wish. I wonder what sort of person she'll become now that she's reached her defining goals.

Also, was that a fart joke from Jazminka?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What a big, stupid, anime-rear end finale. I love it.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
This was a very pretty show, just look at it.

Beautiful.

But seriously that ending was amazingly pretty.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The animation during the missile fight was some next-level poo poo.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It wasn't even just the animation itself, the action choreography was loving incredible. LWA episode 25 is also a storyboard masterpiece

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A doctored screenshot of 4chan as done by Trigger for use in the episode, not that it's fake and wasn't in the episode.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Haha, that was pretty much a final stage for EBA/Ouendan and I love it

also how is croix not in jail

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That was cool, now where's Kill la Kill season 2

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Centzon Totochtin posted:

also how is croix not in jail

these exact words went through my mind while watching

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

these exact words went through my mind while watching

I got the feeling that those were guards in her last scene. I think that she's exiled until some unspecified task or time is completed.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

What a big, stupid, anime-rear end finale. I love it.

It was beautiful. Nothing could have fit this series better. There was just a sheer, unbridled joy about the whole thing that I couldn't help but love.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Trigger doesn't want to do KLK S2

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Visuals were great, characters were great, lily was great, plot was eh. Extremely disappointed the moon survived intact.

Seems like Trigger pattern when they do anything other than pure comedy.

EDIT: So in the anime industry metaphor, the lesson is that everyone needs to buy blu rays, right?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 26, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Loved the multi-stage witch rocket ...no, I, just, someone was just cutting an onion multiple times that's all...

Good stuff, Trigger

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sincx posted:

Akko + Andrew for maximum otaku rage.

Fabricated posted:

I don't think they'll probably take the leap to have Akko hook up with any of the girls in this kid targeted show where the characters are tween girls. Just a guess.

Japan will probably get there someday where gay stuff isn't for teasing shippers and fujos or used as a punchline. Maybe in 5-10 years or so.

Good Listener posted:

You better not be lying to me or I will beat you up.

Also I do not like Andrew and wish they would spend time on the other chars who are better and cooler like I feel like there hasn't been much going on between Akko and Diana for most of the show which seems weird to me. I might be overblowing it a little I am sure but it is just like maaaaan. Forget the rich boy when you can have huffy feuds with the rich girl instead Akko.

Aurora posted:

I'm kind of sad we're getting bog-standard romance stuff with Andrew and Akko.

Negrostrike posted:

I'll take "breathless gags" over Andrew or any other pointless character anytime.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I can't believe Akko would get between Chariot and Croix like that. Shameful.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Croix got Yay'd out of Chariot

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Normal-rear end friendships between boys & girls is still relatively rare in basically all media and I'm glad that Andrew and Akko are Just Good Buds.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I couldn't really get into this show at all. I was pissed off at the first half for the lack of basically anything on everyone besides the main characters until I just gave up on that ever happening, and then the 2nd half with Croix and needing to get the words just... didn't connect with me on any level? It just felt like the bad kind of nonsense the entire time.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

You don't have a believing heart and doki doki waku waku

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Zeruel posted:

Croix got Yay'd out of Chariot

doki doki waku waku~~

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I guffawed when, of course, as Jasminka fell off she immediately started eating a donut. Trigger's commitment to cheap laughs is shameless in a good way.

On the whole, LWA was decent but not great I'd say. The plot meandered too much early on and I'm still not sure who exactly the target audience for this was. But there were some really fun moments and when the main plot kicked in it was much more enjoyable.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I found LWA to be wildly inconsistent, especially in tone, but in the last third (episode 16 could have been a Lotte better, it felt really out of place) it cleaned up well. The show never really knew what it wanted to be; it felt like there were two very good but radically different 12 episode anime mashed together in an incoherent mess that was less than the sum of its parts.

On the whole very enjoyable but there's a good reason I fell three months behind and had to play catch up.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
There's a lot of noodling and garbage in the back half, as expressed by Ursula getting explanatus interruptus two or three times and not managing to squeak out an "oh, by the way I'm Chariot, go do your thing we'll talk more about it later".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mimir posted:

There's a lot of noodling and garbage in the back half, as expressed by Ursula getting explanatus interruptus two or three times and not managing to squeak out an "oh, by the way I'm Chariot, go do your thing we'll talk more about it later".

See, even with the backpeddling, I think the reveal managed to explain that pretty well.

She really didn't want to ruin Akko's dreams and confess that she was the architect of all her misfortunes. She knew she'd have to confess everything, but knowing you should do something isn't anywhere close to actually doing it.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
The finale was rad as hell and *FUN*. Multi stage witch broom rocket, evil magic ICBM intercept, loving Chekov's wild beast broom out of nowhere just in the nick of time, Akko's smile and yei restored with a fuckoff-huge happy facesplosion. Come on guys, this was awesome.

Oh and Akko's quick transforming was slick too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm just sitting wanting a season 2, don't mind me.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Would be fine with this too. :shobon:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Didn't you watch Luluco? It caught fire.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Elfface posted:

Didn't you watch Luluco? It caught fire.

Even REVOCS is no match for BURNING JUSTICE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't really think we need one. It wrapped up nicely.

• Locked thread