Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Queering Wheel posted:

Question, if they add amendments to the murder bill, does it have to get scored by the CBO again before the Senate can vote on it?

They don't need a CBO score at all. The only reason the Senate is delaying now is because they don't have the votes. As soon as they have 50 people who want to vote yes, they're voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I somewhat agree with Trump? Is this my life?

Obama thought Hillary was going to win, and the last thing he would want it Fox News saying for 4 years that he helped her by making all these "false claims" about Russia the whole time. Like, that's 100% probable.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Why are you posting the press sec gimmick? It just makes tweets harder to read, and isn't particularly funny.

"gently caress giving Trump another follower", I hope is the reason.

EDIT: Quote is not edit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I prefer it because then I don't see Trump's loving face. Also that poster likely, like me, does not follow Donald Trump or maybe it's even blocked by him.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

AceOfFlames posted:

What if you dobt have anyone?

Seriously, I'm loving tired of the same old "spend time with your loved ones" advice. I have none, and neither do many people. What are we supposed to do?

you can come hang with my doggos, friend.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ripoff posted:

I'm being serious when I say this: go out and find a group that participates in a hobby you enjoy. Get social. There's a huge danger in social isolation that can warp your mind.

There's something out there for everyone, hell, there's a restaurant/bar down the road from me for people who like playing video games and warhammer and stuff. Not my cup of tea but the place is constantly packed. I had no idea that poo poo existed but people love it, and you can find something you love as well.

I live in a country where I don't speak the language so this is a bit difficult. I am going to learn, though.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Covok posted:

Man, Trump really broke y'all.

:ironicat:

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

saintonan posted:

They don't need a CBO score at all. The only reason the Senate is delaying now is because they don't have the votes. As soon as they have 50 people who want to vote yes, they're voting.

This is wrong. They need a cbo score if they want to pass it through reconciliation, which they obviously do.

Also of note, a revised draft of the Senate bill is expected today, and the cbo score is likely to be of that version, not the one revealed last week.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

Why are you posting the press sec gimmick? It just makes tweets harder to read, and isn't particularly funny.

Press Sec Bot tweets are automatic and can't be deleted (unlike Trump's tweets).

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Rinkles posted:

i appreciate it because it saves me from having to accidentally look at his fat dumb stupid face

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Rinkles posted:

it's these

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I prefer it because then I don't see Trump's loving face. Also that poster likely, like me, does not follow Donald Trump or maybe it's even blocked by him.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Press Sec Bot tweets are automatic and can't be deleted (unlike Trump's tweets).

also you're goddamn right it isn't funny, it's loving terrifying because this is the motherfucking POTUS

e: I do find it a little funny though because I broke as America broke

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 26, 2017

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

ShredsYouSay posted:

Apparently Trump's golf course in Aberdeenshire may be used for the Open in 2019. However, given the Scottish Government and Rolex might not want to give the impression of backing up Trump, it seems possible they'll block it. Let's hope trump doesn't decide to bomb Holyrood in response.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jun/26/donald-trump-international-golf-links-course-scottish-open

Does the Scottish Parliament (or the UK in general) have strong eminent domain practices? Is there anything to really stop them from just nationalizing Trump's property in Scotland, besides diplomacy?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I suppose the only flaw is it checks every five minutes so Trump could delete something real fast and it not get picked up.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I suppose the only flaw is it checks every five minutes so Trump could delete something real fast and it not get picked up.

That's still infinitely faster on the uptake than this thread in the wee hours. Besides, odds are that there's a journalist or some other kind of crazy person in every time zone glued to his feed every second, waiting for the covfefe to spill.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Not a Children posted:

It is super frustrating how effective his "throw the claims of my accusers at someone else" works

Muddying language is a really effective tactic, even if it makes no sense

It doesn't really work. It just sets a public tone for conservative pundits to spin off of.

Here's a reminder that Trump has stunningly low approval ratings for the time he's been in office.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I disagree with both of these points.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Did something happen to switch the narrative from FAKE NEWS COLLUSION to actually OBAMA BAD?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Did something happen to switch the narrative from FAKE NEWS COLLUSION to actually OBAMA BAD?

Obama commented publicly on the healthcare bill and Trump is probably very mad about that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Trump's shook as gently caress and is flailing to try and get someone else to absorb some of this crap. It's not working too well.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Rinkles posted:

perhaps he has finally ingested the undeniable proof that has no doubt been in every intel breefing he has napped through for the last five months and his grunting id needs to find blame somewhere that does not damage his fragile perception of self

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So in the same set of tweets, Trump both says that "Obama did nothing about Russia interference" and "There WAS NO Russia interference! Nyaaah!".

Also, Trump desperately wants a win with AHCA but is a gutless sack of crap who won't publicly back it or campaign for it, sometimes makes public statements critical of it ("mean") all while his minions scheme to inflict revenge on those Senators and Congressmen who won't vote for it.

Have I got that about right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rinkles posted:

He's trying to get ahead of something coming out today.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

aware of dog posted:

This is wrong. They need a cbo score if they want to pass it through reconciliation, which they obviously do.

Also of note, a revised draft of the Senate bill is expected today, and the cbo score is likely to be of that version, not the one revealed last week.

They have a CBO score from the House version, that's good enough for the parliamentarian. They don't need another one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

He's trying to get ahead of something coming out today.

He probably got bad news on the Senate whip count for health care.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope there's something juicy that comes out today. My body is ready.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TARDISman posted:

Trump's shook as gently caress and is flailing to try and get someone else to absorb some of this crap. It's not working too well.

It's just his personality disorder making him feel attacked by being criticized. There's no evidence that he has any rational reason to fear being exposed as a conspirator in the russia poo poo. He just can't approach it rationally and lashes out like this.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

saintonan posted:

They have a CBO score from the House version, that's good enough for the parliamentarian. They don't need another one.

Source?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

saintonan posted:

Yes, they do because this is a different bill.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That is the going assumption, the details haven't been confirmed by anyone in the IC.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

Because gently caress following the actual president.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Prediction?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/879331818528485376

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pain

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

aware of dog posted:

It takes CBO like a week to score a bill. If the CBO score releases today, it'll be for the revealed bill from last week. Next week we'll get the CBO score for the revision.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Nothing good will come of this. It'll be 5-4 with Kennedy, Sotomayor, Kagan, and Notorious RBG in the minority.

Unless Gorsuch shocks us all, but there's zero indication of that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Archonex posted:

It doesn't really work. It just sets a public tone for conservative pundits to spin off of.

Here's a reminder that Trump has stunningly low approval ratings for the time he's been in office.

Prediction: He will never break 50% approval.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Chilichimp posted:

It takes CBO like a week to score a bill. If the CBO score releases today, it'll be for the revealed bill from last week. Next week we'll get the CBO score for the revision.

Don't take it from me:
https://mobile.twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/879304729054019584

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Drone posted:

Nothing good will come of this. It'll be 5-4 with Kennedy, Sotomayor, Kagan, and Notorious RBG in the minority.

Unless Gorsuch shocks us all, but there's zero indication of that.

I'm going with this but with Roberts suddenly growing a conscious. Hilarious, I know.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chilichimp posted:

Prediction: He will never break 50% approval.

You're almost certainly right but that won't, on it's own, translate into political success for his opponents.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

TARDISman posted:

I'm going with this but with Roberts suddenly growing a conscious. Hilarious, I know.

I'm hoping for a three-sentence Clarence Thomas opinion on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Wittes is ticking, everyone get lubed up

• Locked thread