Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in gorilla after the main event of WM34 ends and Vince realizes that he spent an entire year sacrificing the entire roster to get Roman over and it didn't work, again.

Vince McMahon will no doubt be very upset when Roman Reigns once again gets the loudest and most passionate crowd reactions in the main event of one of the most financially successful Wrestlemanias of all time

Edit:

sportsgenius86 posted:

JR and Lita are calling the Mae Young Classic per a WWE facebook post

lol

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

yikes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

remember when lita was on jr's podcast and jr kept bringing up how teens used to jack off to her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in gorilla after the main event of WM34 ends and Vince realizes that he spent an entire year sacrificing the entire roster to get Roman over and it didn't work, again.

He'll blame Brock and be glad it was his last show

Hell, same, tbh

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
That or we get Vince punching the glass and pushing the emergency "mr mcmahon comes back to television to say racist stuff about roman's dad and uncle" button again

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

this thing is not gonna be good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

with nothing outstanding being written for anyone, folks are asking a lot from roman reigns. only 3 or 4 guys in history could carry an entire international brand by themselves, if that. and one of them is named your own name. that's Right. you are heavily captivating. keep up the bustle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
JR is poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bradzilla posted:

It's not to get Roman over, Roman is already the biggest star in Vince's mind due to the reactions. This is putting the two biggest stars he has in the main event.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

oatgan posted:

remember when lita was on jr's podcast and jr kept bringing up how teens used to jack off to her

haha yikes

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

bradzilla posted:

All our jokes aside, I can't decide if it deliberate or not. By that I mean do you guys really think Vince and his cronies are turning the rest of the semi-effective roster heel so we have no choice but to cheer Roman? This is not sarcasm but an earnest question to WrestleHut günes. Aside from a few gimmicks (like Breezango, New Day or Hardy Boyz) most of the other faces seem to be ineffective dorks (see Bayley or Sami Z), bland and unremarkable or simply just not presented as an " awesome icon" in the vein of Cena and Roman. I love Shinsuke and AJ Styles, but the announcers just don't incessantly scream THIS IS THE ONE like they do Roman. I keep hoping that last part is my own incorrect perception and dread of the return of Classic Cena Run V.2 as opposed to reality. But yeah... do you guys think they are purposefully making the roster heel or just less cool so we cheer Roman or is it more of the focus is on Roman and really everyone else doesn't get as much of a forced attention and love from the back? Also is it my misperception that this goes on? Are Shinsuke or AJ or Ambrose praised as much and in the same way as Roman? Weirdly I like being told my cynicism is off base. Plus I tend to be a little over critical of WWE and waaaaaay too forgiving of literally any other organization. I mean... I've watched TNA since it started so I might be a complete masochist as well as slightly dense.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Von_Doom posted:

All our jokes aside, I can't decide if it deliberate or not. By that I mean do you guys really think Vince and his cronies are turning the rest of the semi-effective roster heel so we have no choice but to cheer Roman? This is not sarcasm but an earnest question to WrestleHut günes. Aside from a few gimmicks (like Breezango, New Day or Hardy Boyz) most of the other faces seem to be ineffective dorks (see Bayley or Sami Z), bland and unremarkable or simply just not presented as an " awesome icon" in the vein of Cena and Roman. I love Shinsuke and AJ Styles, but the announcers just don't incessantly scream THIS IS THE ONE like they do Roman. I keep hoping that last part is my own incorrect perception and dread of the return of Classic Cena Run V.2 as opposed to reality. But yeah... do you guys think they are purposefully making the roster heel or just less cool so we cheer Roman or is it more of the focus is on Roman and really everyone else doesn't get as much of a forced attention and love from the back? Also is it my misperception that this goes on? Are Shinsuke or AJ or Ambrose praised as much and in the same way as Roman? Weirdly I like being told my cynicism is off base. Plus I tend to be a little over critical of WWE and waaaaaay too forgiving of literally any other organization. I mean... I've watched TNA since it started so I might be a complete masochist as well as slightly dense.

SHADDAAAAAAP WHAT THE gently caress SHUT UP AND GET LOST!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i think its more probable the writing team is morons who don't know how to book a babyface and are further handicapped by a 72 year old man with advanced onset dementia

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
MYC preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrou6btRzks

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I look forward to Reigns going over McGregor after his stock has plummeted at WM35.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

SHADDAAAAAAP WHAT THE gently caress SHUT UP AND GET LOST!

dang

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I look forward to Reigns going over McGregor after his stock has plummeted at WM35.

u really thing conor will still come to wwe after he KICKS floy'ds BUTT?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

u really thing conor will still come to wwe after he KICKS floy'ds BUTT?

I look forward to Reigns going over Mayweather after his stock has plummeted at WM35.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Vince McMahon will no doubt be very upset when Roman Reigns once again gets the loudest and most passionate crowd reactions in the main event of one of the most financially successful Wrestlemanias of all time

lmao if this was even remotely true they would've turned him heel 3 years ago

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

JR is poo poo

TYLER BATES

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Vince probably is so stupid that he doesn't know what boos and cheers are.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXcprTsQnfY

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

lmao if this was even remotely true they would've turned him heel 3 years ago

Why?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

daniel bryant

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Von_Doom posted:

No one knows for sure, though rovert has posted hints that the whole "sabotaging the entire roster to get Roman over" may have at least some truth to it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Why would they keep pushing him as a babyface, constantly mute crowd mics and edit clips to have favorable babyface reactions if they were happy with the reactions he's getting?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Why would they keep pushing him as a babyface, constantly mute crowd mics and edit clips to have favorable babyface reactions if they were happy with the reactions he's getting?

Because they've literally always done that

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Oof. Though that could make everything g painful enough to be hilarious.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Because they've literally always done that

Not really...? Even Austin and the Rock were both turned at least once during the height of their popularity. Cena is really the only other top guy they've done this with

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They've spent over 3 years pushing him as a face while the entire time it's been obviously not working, no matter what they've done, which from the start included poo poo like Bryan losing clean after one finisher and giving a public speech about how great he is and how he deserves to be cheered and win the belt after such a performance.

After stuff like that and HHH coming back/winning a world title/winning a Rumble all just so he could be the one to make Reigns look like a star at a Mania, I don't know how anybody could think there's anything Vince or HHH wouldn't do to make people love him. Even this year when people were in the discussion thread swearing they wouldn't give Taker's last match to him, and certainly wouldn't do it in the main event, it was baffling, but it's definitely moreso after them having done it. There's nothing they won't do.

I sincerely think if they ever let Cena gently caress off to Hollywood for good, his last match and loss will only be to Reigns, and I wouldn't be stunned if it were sooner than we think.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Not really...? Even Austin and the Rock were both turned at least once during the height of their popularity. Cena is really the only other top guy they've done this with

They've been doing it since Hogan. Diesel is the other big one off the top of my head, although they did cave in with him in the end.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Not really...?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I honestly kinda like Roman. If they really wanna get him over, go all in on the big dog gimmick and bring back kennel from hell.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't think that they're intentionally making everyone a heel to get Roman over. I think it's just that majority of the roster is way better as a heel. How many times have we had a discussion in here about how a person is better when they're a heel? I don't know if it's a writing thing or a character development thing but a lot of these people are just better characters as heels.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They were so blatant with this. When it happened live Sid got a huge pop for dumping Hogan; in highlight clips they add canned boos and even re-did the commentary with Gorilla calling Sid a jerk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

keevo posted:

I don't think that they're intentionally making everyone a heel to get Roman over. I think it's just that majority of the roster is way better as a heel. How many times have we had a discussion in here about how a person is better when they're a heel? I don't know if it's a writing thing or a character development thing but a lot of these people are just better characters as heels.

They hosed up with Sami and Bayley, who are two of the most natural babyfaces you could have. They're currently booking someone who could be a megaface in Finn Balor in a go-nowhere lower midcard feud. They hosed up Seth's babyface run both in timing and content so much that he's stalled out.

They don't know how to book faces.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao how did they make that loving documentary and then bring Seth back heel, HOW.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why they are still trying to make lita a thing? they couldnt get trish or something?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VJeff posted:

lmao how did they make that loving documentary and then bring Seth back heel, HOW.

because he was going to feud with Roman

and then Roman pissed hot lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

They were so blatant with this. When it happened live Sid got a huge pop for dumping Hogan; in highlight clips they add canned boos and even re-did the commentary with Gorilla calling Sid a jerk.

It;'s the first big sign that the Hogan will get cheered no matter how big a jerk he is line of booking was running out of steam. Hogan also wasn't helped that Ric going 60 minutes in the Rumble started to almost turn him face with the crowd too.

Actually the booking for the Rumble is strange for what Vince wanted the end result to be. They wanted Sid to get booed and Ric over as a hated heel champion, but instead booked him to go 60 minutes fighting everybody else during the course of the Rumble. In any other place that'd be a sign of Ric being turned face, but WWE thought Hogan would end up being cheered at the end!

• Locked thread