Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If you're not on my team, no it's not only do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

el B posted:

I just got back into this game. Is it stupid to use Roadhogs right click up close?

It's got a minimum range before it spreads out. The unexploded wad will just thud and not do much damage.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

resistentialism posted:

It's got a minimum range before it spreads out. The unexploded wad will just thud and not do much damage.

Word. Thanks!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://dotesports.com/overwatch/doomfist-rides-again-15425

Doomfist is mentioned in PTR crash logs alongside a second Summer Games event.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

resistentialism posted:

I swear I killed a tracer with it last night after a hook. I wonder if the hook range is now the minimum range?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It does 50 damage so I guess you could kill a Tracer with a hook + right-click headshot + melee.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I just hit level 101 and it appears that quick play has a seperate matchmaking pool for people <100 - it's not 100% strictly enforced but you match with people under 100 much, much less after you hit 101.

Unfortunately this has led to a much worse qp experience. I loved qp up until then because there wasn't a useless widowmaker on my team 100% of the time, but now there is... I guess people figure out not to give a gently caress after a certain amount of time.

I guess this is where you really have to start playing comp and listen to people sigh loudly into their microphone every other game.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
they need to nerf lucios 'getting shocked by winston' voice line. i bet you don't know what any other character sounds like while being electrocuted but I guarantee you know what lucio sounds like.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Its only annoying if you're Lucio. As Winston it is hilarious!

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

The Walrus posted:

they need to nerf lucios 'getting shocked by winston' voice line. i bet you don't know what any other character sounds like while being electrocuted but I guarantee you know what lucio sounds like.

Mercy's is also extremely noticeable

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Genji manages to scream out a couple sobs mid-fry, classic.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

My question is why does Winston say "PUT IT OUT!!" no matter what kind of damage he takes?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
He says "Cut it out!"
He also says "Ow!"

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

turtlecrunch posted:

He says "Cut it out!"
He also says "Ow!"

I thought it was weird that he was saying "Put it out!", seeing that there aren't any DoT fire effects that I'm aware of.

Thank you for the clarification.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Toadsmash posted:

Mercy's is also extremely noticeable

It sounds like a choking Aziz Ansari

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FvxUoLICIg&t=104s
I think the ghost of a barbarian possessed me for a match this past weekend. It was magical.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
while admittedly a bad idea for balance, i feel like winstons shocks should affect the victims ability to move and aim

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

while admittedly a bad idea for balance, i feel like winstons shocks should affect the victims ability to move and aim

no that's mei, we don't need any more mei thank you

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

No but you should be able to see their skeleton

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Its true, I can't aim for poo poo when I'm being tickled.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

The Walrus posted:

Lol, you should also spam Winston's "oh yea!" line while doing this. Actually always spam it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'd be there to reply with lucio's own "oh yeah!" line.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Illuminado posted:

I think the ghost of a barbarian possessed me for a match this past weekend. It was magical.

Man, you bullied that other Reinhardt, drat

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Maple Leaf posted:

Man, you bullied that other Reinhardt, drat

Yeah I don't think i've seen another rein get pushed around that hard in a long time.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

resistentialism posted:

I'd be there to reply with lucio's own "oh yeah!" line.
Both Lucio and Sombra have "boop!" lines, why doesn't Pharah? :(

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Ravenfood posted:

Both Lucio and Sombra have "boop!" lines, why doesn't Pharah? :(

Sombra had the o.g. boop, yet Sombra doesn't have a boop.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Illuminado posted:

Please NSFW this.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Please NSFW this.
Yeah - it's beautiful.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Illuminado posted:

Reinhardt posted:

Bring it on, I LIVE for this!

Those are the fun times as Rein. Usually when I see another Rein I try to gently caress him up as many times as possible. I especially love when they try to block the hammer with the shield. Happens sorta frequently down in gold from my (current) experience.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's the sort of Rein game I wish I had every time I pick him but I usually end up the bullied Rein instead, for a simple character in concept I'm really quite bad with him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Santheb posted:

Those are the fun times as Rein. Usually when I see another Rein I try to gently caress him up as many times as possible. I especially love when they try to block the hammer with the shield. Happens sorta frequently down in gold from my (current) experience.

The Reinhardt mating dance is definitely a thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The best feeling as Reinhardt is bating out the other Rein's earth shatter and blocking it perfectly with your shield at the last second.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
The best feeling as Reinhardt is smearing the enemy team off the point and claiming victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e210a9zU1A

To crush your enemies
Capture their point
Hear the lamentation of their supports

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 27, 2017

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hahaha that loving reaper at the end.

"Dieeeee" *hammer to face*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Illuminado posted:

The best feeling as Reinhardt is smearing the enemy team off the point and claiming victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e210a9zU1A

To crush your enemies
Capture their point
Hear the lamentation of their supports

Do you turn the music off or did that bug out cause man do play of the games lose a lot of impact without the music

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Macaluso posted:

Do you turn the music off or did that bug out cause man do play of the games lose a lot of impact without the music

I listen to my own music when I'm playing, and keep it on a different channel than my recordings so it doesn't get my videos flagged (for the most part).

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Question: has there ever been an explanation for why Overwatch has such long matchmaking times? Like, is it a design decision (really tight geographic and/or skill ranges), is it something they intend to improve, is it a technical limitation of some kind?

I've played a reasonable amount of lovely f2p multiplayer games, and even those with literally 1/1000th as many players as Overwatch manage to have a (ranked) matchmaker that doesn't take three whole minutes to find a match. The norm is well under a minute, even for those with 12v12 matches. Can't say the results have been noticeably better either - Overwatch still has its fair share of routs (as I'm sure you all can confirm).

I'm referring to QP and Arcade, mostly, since I can understand if Comp has to keep things tighter.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Those games probably have no matchmaking at all. Overwatch does have routs, but that's more due to the snowbally nature of the game/people tilting after they lose a teamfight/idiots who trickle in and feed. The individual skill levels of players tends to be quite close and it can be surprising how a rout can turn into a close game in stuff like KotH that has a protection against snowballing between rounds.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I didn't notice a problem with Pharah's voice line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Those games probably have no matchmaking at all. Overwatch does have routs, but that's more due to the snowbally nature of the game/people tilting after they lose a teamfight/idiots who trickle in and feed. The individual skill levels of players tends to be quite close and it can be surprising how a rout can turn into a close game in stuff like KotH that has a protection against snowballing between rounds.

:agreed:

i read a lot of people claiming qp matchmaking is terribly loose but it's actually reasonably tight, even if it is looser than comp. I can only think of once in probably the last five hundred qp games I've played where the match felt earnestly unwinnable due to the skill of the players on the other side, every other lopsided loss has mostly been because my team was playing poorly or unwilling to switch heroes or something