Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
After one match my audio disappears. Restarting the game fixes it. Anyone else had this happening? I've tried google, but to no avail. I'm using a Logitech g430 headset with updated firmware and drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
not sure if you guys like these but I quite enjoy making them and this ending was pretty funny to me so I'll post one more, let me know if I should stop.

10-kill win highlights

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 26, 2017

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Parallel Playa posted:

not sure if you guys like these but I quite enjoy making them and this ending was pretty funny to me so I'll post one more, let me know if I should stop.

10-kill win highlights

I enjoyed it! I also like seeing how other folks plan their map movements and get from Point A to Point B, so I'm even down with the clips being longer.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I sure hope dedicated servers will be available soon, so you can kind of ensure you're playing at a low latency, instead of praying you hit a non-poo poo server during open matchmaking. I had a fist fight on a roof earlier, and the guy was rubberbanding all over the place. He probably saw the same of me, but it was ridiculous.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Boy, that Control Tower kill through the railing. I feel whenever I get into a fight with a railing I always lose. (Wording intentional)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Parallel Playa posted:

10-kill win highlights

Your recoil control on the 3rd kill is impressive.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Parallel Playa posted:

10-kill win highlights

I like your car fake at the end there but other than that everyone you hit is a total sitting duck. No one shoots at you! Are you god of positioning?

edit: Will you duo with me please? I think you have more aiming ability than every goon I've grouped with in discord so far combined.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parallel Playa posted:

10-kill win highlights

I usually don't but yours are pretty drat good so keep them coming.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Parallel Playa posted:

10-kill win highlights

That was fun to watch, and nice job. But I'm not exactly sure what your tactics were for that last kill. :) The noise of the car to draw him out? How come you weren't watching the side of the tree with the Kar98 for him to peek you? Too close range for you with that scope?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Got the final kill of a chicken dinner with the ole "throw smoke to the right, then run left" trick. He was still looking towards the smoke when I came up on his side :slick:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Your recoil control on the 3rd kill is impressive.

Thanks!

willroc7 posted:

I like your car fake at the end there but other than that everyone you hit is a total sitting duck. No one shoots at you! Are you god of positioning?

edit: Will you duo with me please? I think you have more aiming ability than every goon I've grouped with in discord so far combined.

I lucked out at that game positioning-wise, I think, but I would say positioning is probably what I'm best at.

Elentor posted:

I usually don't but yours are pretty drat good so keep them coming.

Cheers, friend. I've yet to top your 20-kill win though!

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

That was fun to watch, and nice job. But I'm not exactly sure what your tactics were for that last kill. :) The noise of the car to draw him out? How come you weren't watching the side of the tree with the Kar98 for him to peek you? Too close range for you with that scope?

I wanted to confuse him more than anything. The actual plan was to reverse it into the circle and jump out again on the passenger side to give me cover, but I hit F too soon after pressing ctrl+2. I was planning on blowing it up myself so that I couldn't die to the vehicle explosion if he did. I didn't go for the peek with the Kar98 because I had to move to him; I figured he realised that too and wouldn't peek out until I had no cover left. That's why I went for the SCAR. Also, it's harder to see nades when scoped in.

Here's my second win of the day, this one's a lot better imo - though I did have some more luck (particularly the pan hit on the 4th kill), the 5th guy was a doofus, the 6th kill was just weird all around and I nearly hosed up the 8th.I experimented with making a few of the clips a little longer as per GFY's request and please note that I did see the 10th kill at 6:16!

11-kill win highlights

e: just noticed it kept playing too long at the end, my bad.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 26, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Parallel Playa posted:

Here's my second win of the day, this one's a lot better imo - though I did have some more luck (particularly the pan hit on the 4th kill), the 5th guy was a doofus, the 6th kill was just weird all around and I nearly hosed up the 8th.I experimented with making a few of the clips a little longer as per GFY's request and please note that I did see the 10th kill at 6:16!

Good aim, great positioning, but your biggest luck come from loving idiots going prone after being shot and sitting still so you can line up Kar98 shots. NEVER STOP MOVING IDIOTS.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I had a pretty fun win on an Asian server a while back. Someone told me they love the shacks and it held true multiple times that round.

https://youtu.be/Ut0zTNkr75g

Forgive the terrible shooting at the 7th and 8th kills.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 26, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

TheFonz posted:

Good aim, great positioning, but your biggest luck come from loving idiots going prone after being shot and sitting still so you can line up Kar98 shots. NEVER STOP MOVING IDIOTS.

I couldn't agree more, but only the first two were prone though? And the first guy didn't know I'd seen him, I think, as he was drawn out after I shot once at the UAZ driving past (which ended up being the second kill, I'm pretty sure). The 8th guy going prone is something I probably would've done as well, except I'd like to think I would've noticed me way sooner. Many of the others did sit still, that's true, but all but two of them were about to shoot at me, at which point you would have to sit still for a second.

Also, thanks!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I had a pretty fun win on an Asian server a while back. Someone told me they love the shacks and it held true multiple times that round.

https://youtu.be/Ut0zTNkr75g

Nice! Camping in sheds is probably the dumbest thing you could do, especially in 2s or squads.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 26, 2017

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I played on the Asian servers last weekend as well, and I've noticed a lot of players there tend to go prone when they're getting shot and refuse to move, it's weird.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://youtu.be/yQCs2xSFB0Q

Casual 4 kill in 2 and a half minutes. This is why you drive towards gunfire.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Parallel Playa posted:

but all but two of them were about to shoot at me, at which point you would have to sit still for a second.

Not really true, don't fall into that trap. Lining up a sniper sure, but you can wiggle and still hit at medium range AR engagements.

I also counted the bridge guy as a prone just looking at you like a dumbass.

CascadeBeta posted:

https://youtu.be/yQCs2xSFB0Q

Casual 4 kill in 2 and a half minutes. This is why you drive towards gunfire.

HAHAHA What. The third guy running between you and the guy you were fighting.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 26, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

TheFonz posted:

Not really true, don't fall into that trap. Lining up a sniper sure, but you can wiggle and still hit at medium range AR engagements.

I also counted the bridge guy as a prone just looking at you like a dumbass.

Yeah, that guy was dumb. I'm not sure how I feel about wiggling in a medium-range firefight. The recoil definitely isn't as forgiving in a similar situation in CSGO and I feel it's almost worse when you wiggle than when you just strafe in one direction. I get pretty good results standing still and taking my time to aim for a headshot as soon as I see someone wiggling.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Bridge guy was hilarious because you can just prone and shoot under a lot of the vehicles on the bridge for absurd cover, instead of being prone in the middle of the bridge asking to be shot or run over.

I've found that if I get a 8x + KAR98 in solos though it's always going to be a good game, even if I don't win it's a easy 8-10 kills. The 4x drives me crazy and I can never hit headshots with that dumb crosshair.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

TheFonz posted:

Don't the streamers all stand still and hold breath for medium-range?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
If you're shooting a target moving perpendicular who is not aiming at you yes 100%.

I wouldn't say every engagement needs to be done one way, but sitting still to line up a shot on someone using a sniper is a great way to get domed.

edit:

Parallel Playa posted:

Yeah, that guy was dumb. I'm not sure how I feel about wiggling in a medium-range firefight. The recoil definitely isn't as forgiving in a similar situation in CSGO and I feel it's almost worse when you wiggle than when you just strafe in one direction. I get pretty good results standing still and taking my time to aim for a headshot as soon as I see someone wiggling.

Oh, one more thing I wanted to point out on your vid. THANK YOU for not taking maybe shots and waiting for good shots. Too many people take a half assed body shot and then get into fight they lose as opposed to making sure they are going to nail someone in the head.

GOOOOooooons.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 26, 2017

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2533687504390275860

quote:

Care Package

New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.

World Spawn

New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.

Full patch notes tomorrow apparently. It's probably confirmation bias but now that i think of it you did see motorcycle helmets a lot more than vests.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Neon Belly posted:

Don't the streamers all stand still and hold breath for medium-range?

Not really, the meta is currently built around making the other guy miss his shots, then return them so side-stepping in the middle of a firefight keeps you alive long enough to get the killing shot in.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Oh yeah, there are a boatload of motorcycle helmets relative to vests.

I'm sad to see my little UMP become more rare, who the hell wants to run the micro-uzi?

Also, decreasing the SCAR-L spawn rate seems odd. I wonder if that's to bring it in line with the other rifles or if they consider the SCAR to be a tier above. Honestly I like running the M16 as much or more as the SCAR these days.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
If you're good at aiming the best thing you can do is stop moving, hold your breath, and then shoot the other guy. If you're not, then stopping will probably get you shot first.

e:

Also after the buff I always run the AKM over any other assault rifle.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Thank loving god no more VSS in crates.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The SCAR-L certainly seems to be pretty common at the moment, I will miss it!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cinara posted:

Thank loving god no more VSS in crates.

VSS replaced in the spawn tables with more Tommy guns.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Um that shot is clearly centered on a TMP. :colbert:

Cicadalek posted:

Full patch notes tomorrow apparently. It's probably confirmation bias but now that i think of it you did see motorcycle helmets a lot more than vests.

Oh yeah, I would run into rooms with 3 moto helmets and a choke all the time and not find a vest until 10 minutes in.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wonder if the silencer/4x scope change means that they'll spawn less often in the world so you'll be forced to go for crates.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i'd love someday to get a crate that had something cool in it and not just different colors of work boots

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Always thought this joke was weird since the Uzi is the most popular submachine gun ever made, by far.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I got an M24 from a crate.

Problem: I don't like/am not good at sniping.

Solution: Abandoned the M24 in a field

Solution part2: Looted a second crate for M249

Result: Chicken dinner

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
So at this point I'm pretty sure the only reason my friend and I haven't done the free twitch prime amazon thing is so we can race each other to loot the twitch prime gear off some random schmuck and spend the rest of the match yelling "I'M TWITCH PRIME!" at each other over discord. Playing dress up is way more fun when you're using the clothes of your dead enemies.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i killed a guy who had a m249 but couldn't hit me with it in spite of me looking entirely the wrong way when he started shooting, and it got me to #2. then I panicked under the stress.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 26, 2017

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Princeps32 posted:

then I panicked under the stress.

it happens to me too :smith::hf::smith:

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Are pub squads unplayable under a certain ELO or something? Usually when I watch streams the auto matching squads are usually at least semi-competent, but it seems like everyone I auto match with never have mics and are often complete scrubs.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

sum posted:

Are pub squads unplayable under a certain ELO or something? Usually when I watch streams the auto matching squads are usually at least semi-competent, but it seems like everyone I auto match with never have mics and are often complete scrubs.

Join the discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Princeps32 posted:

i'd love someday to get a crate that had something cool in it and not just different colors of work boots

Princeps32 posted:

well after bitching about loot box crates 30 minutes ago, i killed a guy who had a m249 but couldn't hit me with it in spite of me looking entirely the wrong way when he started shooting, and it got me to #2. then I panicked under the stress.

Have you actually found boots in a supply drop?

• Locked thread