Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

but denuvo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What about it?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
okay, I'm done. I'm done.

I'm done!!

Pinball FX VR bundle
Zaccaria pinball VR bundle
Thirst
Dirt Rally VR
Hitman
Scanner Sombre
Xcom 2
Quantum Break
Wolfenstein TNO
Wolf TNB
Classic Wolf pack
Singularity
Black Mesa
Doom 3 VR
Quake 4
System Shock 2
Twisted Arrow

if anyone else mentions something I want, so help me god...

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

The Walrus posted:

okay, I'm done. I'm done.
I'm done!!

Quake 4

I always forget about ID's/Raven's red headed step child. It's not bad. I beat it >3 times on 360 back in the day. Its just their most overlooked/forgotten game.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Atoramos posted:

I really love metroidvanias but everyone saying Dead Cells is half-complete has me holding off on actually playing the game. I sunk a ton of time into Hollow Knight and would probably want to do the same to Dead Cells.

I was iffy on Dead Cells for the same reason, but bit the bullet and bought it anyway. Even half finished, it's loving awesome and the best buy I made this sale. It might not be content complete, but the gameplay is phenomenal.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Atoramos posted:

I really love metroidvanias but everyone saying Dead Cells is half-complete has me holding off on actually playing the game. I sunk a ton of time into Hollow Knight and would probably want to do the same to Dead Cells.

Nothing wrong with waiting. Hopefully it'll be complete next sale.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What are people's thoughts on Pixel Privateers and how's the co-op in it? It looks interesting and if the co-op gameplay is good then that's even better.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I see Yooka Laylee is getting a big patch pretty soon completely revamping/new camera and controls. I remember hearing pretty negative things, mostly regarding the camera. When that gets fixed, would it be worth playing if I loved Banjo and other N64 collecathon games?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
For ARPG fans I'll vouch for Victor Vran. Definitely more on the action side than the rpg but I'm having fun with it so far. Worth $10 for sure.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

batch #3:

giveaway #3: Undertale

respond to this and I'll send you a PM with a gift link

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

FO4 seems fine so far...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Quest For Glory II posted:

batch #3:

I'd take undertale!

Larrymer on steam.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

SelenicMartian posted:

FO4 seems fine so far...

Please don't use my photograph without permission.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Bought and returned Interstellar Rift and Osiris: New Dawn.

Rift is really cool and spergworthy but ran badly on my recently updated machine. I'll keep tabs on it as development continues.

Osiris made me think of Subnautica on Mars but it's awfully barebones and much lower quality than trailers led me to believe.

Next up in my search for space-piracy sandbox trading nerdgasm that isn't Elite or X3 is Avorion.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to give a recommendation for Freedom Planet. It's really fun especially if you like the old Sonic games on the Genesis.

Also if anyone is on the fence for Wolfenstein: New Order and Old Blood - I highly recommend both.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Sproggiwood trip report:
This game was described as babby's first roguelike and it does look like a game for kids. However, don't let that fool you, to a roguelike-beginner like me, it offers a surprising amount of variety in characters (6) and skills, and you really need to think tactically how to defeat the different enemies to not get killed by their "parting gifts", i.e. dying effects etc.

You start out as a farmer and clear a number of dungeons (in turn-based fighting) by defeating the end boss, the first time you beat a dungeon you get to pick a class or a special items that you have then available for use, ever tiem you beat the dungeon with a new class you get additional gold to spend.
The story progresses over a series of dungeons, I have only done half so far (maybe there is a second map with more I don't know yet)

Every time you die, you lose your equipment and level, but keep your gold but start over with the dungeon. However, once you found an item in the dungeon it is available for buying in town and you can afterwards pick it as your starting item (weapon, armor, item and potion/scroll, 1 each).
On top of it you get a town-growth mechanic where you buy upgrades that result in bonuses such as faster xp, cheaper items, more shrines (e.g. healing) and some more.

I play it on my android tablet (bought the humble roguelike mobile bundle) and it is ideal for that. It may not be as fun on a pc because it has a sit back and relax vibe going, I don't think I'd want to play that sitting at my desk, steam link on the couch or tablet definitely.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Spikeguy posted:

I want to give a recommendation for Freedom Planet. It's really fun especially if you like the old Sonic games on the Genesis.

Also if anyone is on the fence for Wolfenstein: New Order and Old Blood - I highly recommend both.

Freedom Planet is a blast. Just make sure to skip the cutscenes.

I was sort of blown away by their ability to make a cutscene starring two anthropomorphic cats talking about slumber parties last twenty goddamn hours.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'll recommend Slain: Back from Hell. I've had this for awhile. It's a fairly hard platformer with a pixel based heavy metal aesthetic. Well worth the 5 bucks.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Fallout 4 or Mass Effect:Andromeda *he asked himself trying to figure out which pile of poo poo smells less* mmm, decisions decisions.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Palpek posted:

Fallout 4 or Mass Effect:Andromeda *he asked himself trying to figure out which pile of poo poo smells less* mmm, decisions decisions.

Fallout 4's fun for a while. I haven't seen anyone say anything good about Mass Effect: Andromeda. Maybe the multiplayer's good? No idea.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Is "neither" an option?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Neither, there are no complete editions yet. Not that Andromeda will ever get one, gently caress EA and their DLC pricing.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Man, I am a huge Fallout fan from the very first one all the way through New Vegas, and at no point have I given even the slightest poo poo about Fallout 4. It feels so entirely unnecessary, like if I really want to rummage through more irradiated 1950s garbage I already have plenty of games I can do that in already. I'm so disappointed we haven't moved past the wasteland horrors despite being 4+ games and hundreds of years past the apocalypse. Or at the very least they could have done more games in the Fallout 1 era but in different locations or something.

Is it just me? Am I the only person who doesn't want to keep buying Fallout 3 but with base building or whatever?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Too Shy Guy posted:

Man, I am a huge Fallout fan from the very first one all the way through New Vegas, and at no point have I given even the slightest poo poo about Fallout 4. It feels so entirely unnecessary, like if I really want to rummage through more irradiated 1950s garbage I already have plenty of games I can do that in already. I'm so disappointed we haven't moved past the wasteland horrors despite being 4+ games and hundreds of years past the apocalypse. Or at the very least they could have done more games in the Fallout 1 era but in different locations or something.

Is it just me? Am I the only person who doesn't want to keep buying Fallout 3 but with base building or whatever?

No, I think most fans of Fallout feel that way.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hopper posted:

Neither, there are no complete editions yet. Not that Andromeda will ever get one, gently caress EA and their DLC pricing.

Is Andromeda even going to get DLC? It just flat fell off the face of the earth after everyone saw how ugly everyone faces were.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Too Shy Guy posted:

I'll probably play 4 eventually but yeah, I'd love to see Fallout's systems in a new location - another country or some Enslaved-esque overgrown ruins maybe. I still think the perks and skills system is one of the most fun ways to handle levelling up, but I'm done with deserts pretty much forever.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I would feel that way but I think FO4 is vastly better than 3 in every single way so as a fun-enough brainless romp around a wasteland I can enjoy it.

3 should be subjected to Damnatio Memoriae though, scrubbed from the record, with NV treated as the first of the new ones.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Too Shy Guy posted:

When it became clear we weren't going to get a New Vegas of Fallout 4, a little part of me died.

I don't hate FO4, and I still have occasional fun running around killing raiders and rifling through post-apocalyptic trash, but it's so... plain.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Too Shy Guy posted:

I felt that way until it was $15. I just caved and bought it. It looks pretty good with the high rez texture pack in 4k, and I assume I'll have hours of fun roaming the wasteland and seeing what is new / killing stuff.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

il_cornuto posted:

I'll probably play 4 eventually .. I still think the perks ...system is one of the most fun ways to handle levelling up, but I'm done with deserts pretty much forever.

Good news and bad news..

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Is Andromeda even going to get DLC? It just flat fell off the face of the earth after everyone saw how ugly everyone faces were.

Good point, not sure myself. But I don't think it is worth the money yet. Maybe for 20 bucks one day.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rirse posted:

reports were coming out a couple of weeks ago that the branch of bioware responsible for andromeda had been downsized and any future mass effect projects put on hold so aside from token dlcs being put out for the multiplayer it's looking unlikely

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
FO4 is poo poo which is mitigated through mods. MEA is just plain ol poo poo

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
so how good is Hitman? I played the demo and it seemed alright, but it kinda felt like it never goes beyond finding out which cup your target drinks from, poisoning it, then drowning him in his own sick in the toilet. also it seemed easy. are there more fun ways to kill people

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Liu posted:

so how good is Hitman? I played the demo and it seemed alright, but it kinda felt like it never goes beyond finding out which cup your target drinks from, poisoning it, then drowning him in his own sick in the toilet. also it seemed easy. are there more fun ways to kill people

There are so many ways to kill people in Hitman it's loving ludicrous. The difficulty in finding them is up to you, by default the game gives you quite a bit of guidance but you can turn off the hints to make it more free-form.

And yes, it does get tough. Many of the targets will be surrounded by guards so you have to figure out when they are the most isolated, or how to get them isolated barring that.

Get Hitman, it's great.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

batch #3:

Not interested in the giveaway but do you have a Steam Curator page or something? I'm pretty much just stalking your posts for indie gems in this thread at this point

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

There was one mission where you have to kill a movie star. I ended up stumbling into his trailer without realizing it. Then he entered after me, barring my exit. I ended up killing him with a prop axe he had in the trailer and hiding in the closet until the guards who came to investigate gave up.

Suffice it to say, I did not get silent assassin on that one.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

At one point I saw a target go into a keycard-protected room that I didn't have access to. "This is my chance!" I thought to myself, and followed him in for the kill.

I then realized that you need to swipe a card to get out, too. I was trapped.

I had to pull the fire alarm to get someone to come let me out. Not Agent 47's finest moment.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Hopper posted:

They're wildly inconsistent. Bioware games with a GOTY edition (maybe except for weird preorder cosmetic stuff): Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age Inquisition. Games without a GOTY edition: Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3. ME2 only had a kind-of-GOTY edition for the PS3 which didn't include Arrival but had everything else, other platforms didn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

PantsBandit posted:

At one point I saw a target go into a keycard-protected room that I didn't have access to. "This is my chance!" I thought to myself, and followed him in for the kill.

I then realized that you need to swipe a card to get out, too. I was trapped.

I had to pull the fire alarm to get someone to come let me out. Not Agent 47's finest moment.

wouldnt the guy have the key card on him?

• Locked thread