Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

n64 controllers will be like 3x the size of the mini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

PantsBandit posted:

Goemon's Great Adventure

yeah but also pilotwings

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
You really think Nintendo would not put OoT on there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

The new noclip is good. Square execs not shy about saying how bad they hosed it

What's the noclip about?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
square execs not being shy about how badly they hosed ffxiv up

I haven't seen this one yet, but I saw the fall and rise series on youtube which was a really good watch (aside from a few cringey elements like the uploader's self-insert FF character popping in to comment and gesture like the giant loving dork that someone who makes ffxiv videos probably is)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly an N64 Classic would be easier just because there are so much less third party titles that are worth a drat for that thing. I mean maybe MS would give them poo poo over some of the Rare stuff but really, beyond that and maybe a few others, what is there that Nintendo doesn't own?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

glam rock hamhock posted:

what is there that Nintendo doesn't own?

um....Space Station Silicon Valley

The first N64 game ever played :(

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sell the N64 Expansion Pak Classic as an optional accessory not included with the N64 Classic.

Also only make half as many expansion paks as consoles.

Also include Majora's Mask with every console.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Bomberman 64
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Chameleon Twist/2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

three big bags of trash

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

it should play the gc boot jingle

I love it, it's like the world's worst nintendo ringtone.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

now that I think about it, there's no way I'd pay for an n64 classic. lots of those games are bad or run like poo poo and have been remade way better on portables (the zeldas)
'
a GBA classic though, that I would pay for no questions asked

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hybrid Heaven >:]

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Aidyn Chronicles :downs:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mission Impossible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJZi_xlGMCk

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Mission Impossible

they already sold the NES classic

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DLC Inc posted:

now that I think about it, there's no way I'd pay for an n64 classic. lots of those games are bad or run like poo poo and have been remade way better on portables (the zelders)
'
a GBA classic though, that I would pay for no questions asked

It would be pretty easy to make the N64 classic output the game data clearer than the N64 did, as Dolphin does. It would still technically be the same rom, they just wouldn't have the vaseline filter on the polygons. Unlocking framerate could also be done pretty easily.

You could argue Nintendo would never ever ever do this because they are Nintendo, but still.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

This was the second N64 game I played :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friend paid $60 for Mass Effect: Andromeda lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bomberman 64 rules

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The remains of Earthbound 64

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PantsBandit posted:

My friend paid $60 for Mass Effect: Andromeda lol
people often buy bad or middling games like mass effect, calladoots or tom clancy games for sixty bucks but somehow 20 bucks more for guaranteed 21 top-tier games is outlandish

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you know what people would go nuts over, a PS1 Classic that eliminated loading times

any time i have tried to replay ff7/8/9 the load times kill me, it's hilarious sorry "hilarious" that the digital PS3 PS1 classics only shave off like .5 seconds of load time (random battle load time for FF9 is fifteen seconds until you can input anything)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Rayman 2

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

you know what people would go nuts over, a PS1 Classic that eliminated loading times

any time i have tried to replay ff7/8/9 the load times kill me, it's hilarious sorry "hilarious" that the digital PS3 PS1 classics only shave off like .5 seconds of load time (random battle load time for FF9 is fifteen seconds until you can input anything)

Early PS1 games are hideous to behold though, and unlike the N64 it's not a component cable thing.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

people often buy bad or middling games like mass effect, calladoots or tom clancy games for sixty bucks but somehow 20 bucks more for guaranteed 21 top-tier games is outlandish

they're 16 bit super nintendo games which were originally released in the late 90's my dude

hope that helps clear up your confusion

(though i agree that tom clancy sucks rear end)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Early PS1 games are hideous to behold though, and unlike the N64 it's not a component cable thing.

You're doing that thing again.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

precision posted:

I don't know if you played the playstation 1 version of Final Fantasy 3/6 but gently caress me the load times which were non-existent in the original version were a mood killer

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ps1 games look way better than most n64 games these days. they have the aesthetic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

maybe the roms are just built that way?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantasium posted:

You're doing that thing again.

No I'm serious, like there's some that look good but most of them are Twisted Metal 1. The later PSX games hold up just fine visually but the early ones are extremely pixelated. Early 3D looked rough across the board, but at least the N64's issues can be circumvented through emulation tricks.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

all those games suck but at least I'll be able to buy them for many many years. can't say that about the snesbox 2017

tap my mountain posted:

Aidyn Chronicles :downs:

Nightmare N64 Classic would be poo poo like Aidyn Chronicles, Dual Heroes, Superman 64, Starcraft 64, Batman Beyond, War Gods, Chameleon Twist, Hybrid Heaven, Blues Brothers, Starshot

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KingSlime posted:

they're 16 bit super nintendo games which were originally released in the late 90's my dude

hope that helps clear up your confusion

(though i agree that tom clancy sucks rear end)
and even now those games are at minimum 4-5 dollars on the virtual console, if it even exists on the given platform. Also, this can be played even if the servers go offline for the virtual console stuff.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

it's almost like recycling assets for a quick cash grab every year is repulsive regardless of whether it has a triple a budget or not

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe the roms are just built that way?

Some games are just weird about loading.

If you try to play the Shadow Hearts game off a PS2 harddrive they will eventually gently caress up and fail to load an attack or something at some point.

Meanwhile the Mega Man X Collection pretty much removed all loadtimes from the PS1 games with no issue (and also removed some slowdown from the SNES games).

Lurdiak posted:

No I'm serious, like there's some that look good but most of them are Twisted Metal 1.

I actually missed the "early" qualifier, but I don't think they're any rougher than some of the rough N64 games. But there's definitely like a year of PS1 games I'm never going to want to play (but I didn't want to play them back then, either).

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

and even now those games are at minimum 4-5 dollars on the virtual console, if it even exists on the given platform. Also, this can be played even if the servers go offline for the virtual console stuff.

yeah stacked up to VC prices it's certainly not a bad deal

especially since it includes the cute little hardware, which I bet is more appealing to most people than the actual roms themselves (at least on these forums)

E: actually that may be why people are bitching about the price, they don't really give a poo poo about the roms and $80 might seem like too much to pay for a collectible

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantasium posted:

I actually missed the "early" qualifier, but I don't think they're any rougher than some of the rough N64 games. But there's definitely like a year of PS1 games I'm never going to want to play (but I didn't want to play them back then, either).

Well like I said, the ugliness of the early N64 was (to an extent) a weird component cable issue that outputted the games way uglier and fuzzier than they "really" were. Not saying fixing that makes Quest 64 gorgeous or anything, but it is a thing that can be fixed. The early PSX games just... look like that. Plus, and I'm venturing into "don't know what I'm talking about" here, but doesn't the psx have a weird issue where its graphics get kinda wobbly when it's emulated, even on Sony consoles?

E: I'm thinking of a texture warping issue, apparently.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 26, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it possible to "fix" disc loads bc even emulated PS1 games have a crap ton of load times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Well like I said, the ugliness of the early N64 was (to an extent) a weird component cable issue that outputted the games way uglier and fuzzier than they "really" were. Not saying fixing that makes Quest 64 gorgeous or anything, but it is a thing that can be fixed. The early PSX games just... look like that. Plus, and I'm venturing into "don't know what I'm talking about" here, but doesn't the psx have a weird issue where its graphics get kinda wobbly when it's emulated, even on Sony consoles?

E: I'm thinking of a texture warping issue, apparently.

The PS1 wobble is just part of the hardware I believe. I kinda love it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm reading through the past 4 pages, trying to find anyone who's mad at the listed price. Not seeing any

e: Cowcaster I guess? But she said Bomberman 64 is trash so who cares

Olive! fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 26, 2017

• Locked thread