Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The adventures of Bowtie Elemental and Neckbeard Golem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Just imagine the scrambling taking place right now at CIG headquarters.

Full Red Alert. Defcon 1 or whatever fictional thing you toss at it. Full Burn baby, full burn indeed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

The adventures of Bowtie Elemental and Neckbeard Golem

Bowtie Elemental and his Merry Munchkins

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Set in the UK or an EEA state or (Up to 3 points will be awarded for set in an undetermined location) Up to 4 points

- No, set in space

Lead characters British or EEA citizens or residents (or characters from an undetermined location) Up to 4 points

- Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson (maybe), not clear if they award the full points or a point for each up to 4, I'll give them 2 points for now.

Video game based on British subject matter or relates to an EEA state or underlying material 4 points.

- Nope

Original dialogue recorded mainly in English language or one of six UK indigenous languages. Up to 4 points.

- Yes, again not clear how they award points here but I'll assume they get the full 4.

Video game represents/reflects British creativity, British heritage or diversity. Up to 4 points

- Nope

At least 50% of the conceptual development or storyboarding or programming or design takes place in the UK. 2 points

- Probably. 2 points

At least 50% of the music recording or audio production or voice recording takes place in the UK. 1 point

- Not sure, but possible. 1 point

Section D – Personnel

8 possible points here, I'm just going to assume they got them all. 8 points

So 17 points total maybe. That's cutting it awful close.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Wanna bet if chris offered them 2000 javelins as colleteral?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

crisp roberts posted:

Wanna bet if chris offered them 2000 javelins as colleteral?

Well let's hope Coutts & Co bought the Completionist Package to give them the privilege.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

starkebn posted:

I think the MoMA account will be mothballed while they scale back staff for the ELE

The e-marketing guys will probably be the first to get their paycheck late; if at all.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goldmine.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Also: the British video game certification is an interim certificate before the game is completed. Only after game is complete do they issue final certification. Interim certificates are only valid for 3 years, so they would have to pass the cultural test again to get it renewed for tax credit purposes.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org...tes-2016-03.pdf

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I bought a four pack of Windward. And I only paid a fraction of the cost of a one time use missile thingy they sell.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
I see some people have wondered why CIG needed to put practically the whole company up as collateral to secure a ~$8 million dollar loan.

Think of the collateral question this way: if CIG went bankrupt tomorrow, what could Coutts get from CIG to repay itself? There is very little of actual value in CIG, probably the most valuable thing is the development computers in the office. Everything else is smoke and dreams (tm). Furthermore, there is a real question as to what amount of money Coutts could get from assets in other countries. Would Coutts be able to seize computers in California and resell them at anything appreciable? Probably not. In a way, the $5 - 8 million may represent the value of CIG as an entity in a liquidation.

Which brings me to the reason why Star Citizen as a name was excluded from the collateral. It helps CIG, because that always gives CIG a way out if (when) the loan fails. But, Star Citizen is useless to Coutts, because that IP has no value if Chris Roberts isn't attached to it.

All of which is to say: CIG is worth < $10 million dollars. Good job spergs.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Star Citizen - drat the Future is Bright

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
This loan is quite clearly desgined to get CIG to survive through to Gamescon/Citizencon so they aren't going under anytime soon. Their hope is they get enough of buzz and more backer funding after more fake demos to get them through another few more months into 2018, at which point they'll be getting another tax credit loan to survive the remainder of that year. Living paycheck to paycheck basically.

If people were smart they wouldn't give them any money after the 3.0 turd they'll poo poo out and whatever fake pre-scripted stuff they show in their "demos". That way CIG folds by EOY. But of course whales aren't smart and they'll keep throwing money at this, we'll see if it will be enough to keep this turd afloat.

Banks padlocking all their offices and Crobbler and Ortwin being shoved into cars in handcuffs for felony bank fraud will be the ultimate funny ending though.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 26, 2017

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I am looking forward to the American Greed episode about RSI.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sperglord posted:

I see some people have wondered why CIG needed to put practically the whole company up as collateral to secure a ~$8 million dollar loan.

Think of the collateral question this way: if CIG went bankrupt tomorrow, what could Coutts get from CIG to repay itself? There is very little of actual value in CIG, probably the most valuable thing is the development computers in the office. Everything else is smoke and dreams (tm). Furthermore, there is a real question as to what amount of money Coutts could get from assets in other countries. Would Coutts be able to seize computers in California and resell them at anything appreciable? Probably not. In a way, the $5 - 8 million may represent the value of CIG as an entity in a liquidation.

Which brings me to the reason why Star Citizen as a name was excluded from the collateral. It helps CIG, because that always gives CIG a way out if (when) the loan fails. But, Star Citizen is useless to Coutts, because that IP has no value if Chris Roberts isn't attached to it.

All of which is to say: CIG is worth < $10 million dollars. Good job spergs.

They have warehouses stacked full of easily sold jpegs goonie

Seriously though, their exhaustive list of contact details to every lethality-style mark in existence is easily the most valuable asset they've got

NocnaShada
Nov 10, 2015
Did anyone say You need a Star Citizen Account to read this message yet?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They have warehouses stacked full of easily sold jpegs goonie

Seriously though, their exhaustive list of contact details to every lethality-style mark in existence is easily the most valuable asset they've got

Can't wait for upcoming "Going out of business JPEG sale!!! All JPEGS in our warehouse are 50% off!!!". And the cultists like MoMA will scoop them up even with CIG completely folded, because those are some really good deals that you just can't pass up.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Where's the evidence that Erin has cashed out a bunch of shares. They need it stat in the FDev thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6/page68

I'd like to see it myself, too.

Stuff like this:

shrach posted:

My main man, Erin, has recently developed the look of a man on friendly terms with local pie shops. The question is, just how many pies could Erin eat with money from Squadron 42? Erin recently surpassed the £1m / $1.5m landmarks for pie money extracted from "collections".

Except not referring to it as pies.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Star Citizen - drat the Future is Bright

"that unverified funding data sure is consistant", says the citizen.

"unusually, suspiciously consistant..."

"it's actually not believable how consistant that funding data is..."

"drat the future is bright for CIG"

*pledges $1000*

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

Where's the evidence that Erin has cashed out a bunch of shares. They need it stat in the FDev thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/355735-Star-Citizen-Thread-v6/page68

It's in one of those documents for the loan. It shows there are 100 shares of foundry 42. 70 owned by Erin, and 15 each for two other dudes.

Then there's another document where Cloud Imperium Games is transferred ownership of the 100 shares from those 3 individuals.

I have no idea what the value was, or how much CIG paid for those shares.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

XK posted:

Stuff like this:

Except not referring to it as pies.

What do you have against pies? I guess Erin ate all the pies....

Okay so, you can see he sold his 70 shares in Foundry 42 Ltd to Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd on 12-12-2014 from this link:
https://tinyurl.com/y877o3vf
(Which is the annual return you can find on their filing page dated 08 Oct 2015 here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history )

The £440,000 that was paid for the 100 shares (Erin owned 70) is taken from the accounts of Cloud Imperium Games Ltd which can be found here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

If you look in either 2014 or 2015 you will see the details of the £440,001 investments. You'll see that £1 represents the 1x £1 share for Roberts Space Industries Ltd. The £440,000 represents the amount paid for the 100 x £1 shares in Foundry 42 Ltd (making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd).

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

shrach posted:

Okay so, you can see he sold his 70 shares in Foundry 42 Ltd to Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd on 12-12-2014 from this link:
(Which is the annual return you can find on their filing page dated 08 Oct 2015 here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history )

The £440,000 that was paid for the 100 shares (Erin owned 70) is taken from the accounts of Cloud Imperium Games Ltd which can be found here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

If you look in either 2014 or 2015 you will see the details of the £440,001 investments. You'll see that £1 represents the 1x £1 share for Roberts Space Industries Ltd. The £440,000 represents the amount paid for the 100 x £1 shares in Foundry 42 Ltd (making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd).

ELI5?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Erin can afford a lot of pies with his share of the "collections" from this omnishambles.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Erin Roberts got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Warhawk109 posted:

So 17 points total maybe. That's cutting it awful close.

They used to have 15 points but then they added some extra crumpets and poo poo to the mess hall section and that finally did it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

*"casual follower" with a "reasonable" amount of money in the game stops by, immediately following huge outcry over financials*

"Hey guys, have you ever stopped to look at how consistent the funding is?" :v:

"How could anyone thing CIG is in financial distress?" :v:

"I know one thing for sure - I'm going to buy more, and you probably should too!" :v:

*reddit applauds so hard that their hands burst into flame*

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

shrach posted:

There's a claim that people have been cashing out shares just before this loan stuff. Recent cash outs is what people are questioning. That's evidence of cashing out at some point, which is good, but is there more after that? Anything recent, ie less than 6 months ago?

Someone else will have to post whatever evidence in the FDev thread. I don't have an account there.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

beautiful fatman posted:

*"casual follower" with a "reasonable" amount of money in the game stops by, immediately following huge outcry over financials*

"Hey guys, have you ever stopped to look at how consistent the funding is?" :v:

"How could anyone thing CIG is in financial distress?" :v:

"I know one thing for sure - I'm going to buy more, and you probably should too!" :v:

*reddit applauds so hard that their hands burst into flame*

CIG's funding is so consistent, within a few percent, that it's kind of shocking. Normally this would be kind of suspicious, but it's proof to me how solid CIG is.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

XK posted:

There's a claim that people have been cashing out shares just before this loan stuff. Recent cash outs is what people are questioning. That's evidence of cashing out at some point, which is good, but is there more after that? Anything recent, ie less than 6 months ago?

Someone else will have to post whatever evidence in the FDev thread. I don't have an account there.

I'm afraid that sounds like rumours.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thedamnshames/status/879427554712494080

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Loan probably gets them to Citizen Con sale then + November sale + Christmas sale gets them to March/April 2018, end of the UK financial year.

If Citizens then are still waiting a miracle patch, forking out for Valentine's Day sale and wondering what amazing thing they have planned for Gamescom 2018, lol.

These people deserve to be scammed.

Unless they decide to just call time on it all when Chris Roberts gets bored. He might think, gently caress it, Citizen Con, I just can't be arsed.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

shrach posted:

I'm afraid that sounds like rumours.

That's why I wanted to see it myself. I knew there was that cash out in the past, but I didn't recall any evidence for something more recent.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

That's why I wanted to see it myself. I knew there was that cash out in the past, but I didn't recall any evidence for something more recent.

I figure if the top brass wanted to get this cash out then they'd have to fix the books to make that as legal as possible afterwards. Buying F42 as one perfectly legal example. Applying for a loan means the books need to be correct, so why fix them twice? It makes more sense to me to get all the money you want out, fix it all to be legal so you can get a loan, then jump ship.

We've been expecting major layoffs for months now, that seems to be the next logical step to spin the money that's left out longer and hope the backers get bored and go away. I've said before I don't think Mrs Roberts will stick around till the end.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

AP posted:

Loan probably gets them to Citizen Con sale then + November sale + Christmas sale gets them to March/April 2018, end of the UK financial year.

If Citizens then are still waiting a miracle patch, forking out for Valentine's Day sale and wondering what amazing thing they have planned for Gamescom 2018, lol.

Unless they decide to just call time on it all when Chris Roberts gets bored. He might think, gently caress it, Citizen Con, I just can't be arsed.

In all seriousness, they are raking in $36m a year in their "collections". It really is difficult to imagine how they could go bankrupt if the numbers can be trusted and if they maintain these levels. One of the unanswered questions that Ortwin ignores is, what would happen if they hadn't taken out this loan? They could have laid off a large number of staff and kept the ball rolling. It's not like they actually produce anything anyway. This is still an option, but the fear (from the CIG perspective) would be that this accelerates the collapse of the house of cards.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

shrach posted:

In all seriousness, they are raking in $36m a year in their "collections". It really is difficult to imagine how they could go bankrupt if the numbers can be trusted and if they maintain these levels. One of the unanswered questions that Ortwin ignores is, what would happen if they hadn't taken out this loan? They could have laid off a large number of staff and kept the ball rolling. It's not like they actually produce anything anyway. This is still an option, but the fear (from the CIG perspective) would be that this accelerates the collapse of the house of cards.

They can't make a game, even if the figures (which don't show refunds and don't show expenditure) were correct. You can't expect to raise millions each month on promises when it becomes obvious that it's all crap.

Even Citizens have to wake up sometime.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
So thanks to this guy's insane dedication to spreadsheets I was able to take a look at how much CIG has raised since the loan news hit. I used Saturday evening (GMT) which was about when the GAF topic was made

$250,000. Quarter of a million.

I know there was a new concept sale or whatever on Friday, but jesus. Even if you believe their explanation and support CIG, you'd think people would be more careful with their wallets

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

AP posted:

I'm thinking the end of year sales won't actually save them, although they are couting on it. Considering they needed to take out this loan in the first place, their "fresh cash" pledges must be drying up. Will they make enough during the last 4 months of the year to even cover their operating costs? Including the loan they need to pay back?

Expect an all out blitz on marketing, demos and sales starting gamescom. 3.0 may or may not be released, but the focus will be on the "real" jesus patch, 3.1, coming VERY soon, now that the foundations and pipelines are in place (for real this time). Backer Faith restored... Buy this JPEG.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

shrach posted:

In all seriousness, they are raking in $36m a year in their "collections". It really is difficult to imagine how they could go bankrupt

Collectively, we've come to the conclusion that their operating costs are $3 million per month, super conservative rock bottom minimum. It could easily be $3.5-$4.5 million per month. Crobbler couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, and he has holes in his pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Nicholas posted:

I'm thinking the end of year sales won't actually save them, although they are couting on it. Considering they needed to take out this loan in the first place, their "fresh cash" pledges must be drying up. Will they make enough during the last 4 months of the year to even cover their operating costs? Including the loan they need to pay back?

Expect an all out blitz on marketing, demos and sales starting gamescom. 3.0 may or may not be released, but the focus will be on the "real" jesus patch, 3.1, coming VERY soon, now that the foundations and pipelines are in place (for real this time). Backer Faith restored... Buy this JPEG.

It all comes down to just how dumb the whales are.

Moma can you give us some insight into this? You were expecting 3.0 June/July, I assume you're walked this back to anything patch wise before the end of the year by now right?