Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Amazing Race > Survivor, just sayin.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its gonna pass somehow, i bet

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i lost bigly on my '2 planes wont fly in to the world trade center' prop bet

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Raskolnikov38 posted:

didnt cost that much and it had funding measures ready to go, they just weren't voted in because the representatives were too scared to put their name on a tax increase

like every other recent tax increase in CA they want it to go to the ballot

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

:eyepop:

Is that new?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Stop quoting a tweet about a politician smiling and look at this

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

If Trump weren't such an idiot, he'd executive order Single Payer into place and laugh at anyone who told him he wasn't allowed. People would make statues of him.

Hell, it could be probably sold to Republicans and their paymasters as the government driving a dump truck full of money up to the various medical industries, and Democrats would be furious so the Republicans would defend it with their dying breath.

Someone get me a camera, a patch cable and some Fox & Friends host lookalikes.

whatever you need to tell yourself to distract from the fact that your in the ZUCK ZONE

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

even just reading a second hand account of how Mitch McConnell is happy is enough to raise my blood pressure, it turns out

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Gringostar posted:

like every other recent tax increase in CA they want it to go to the ballot

ya this guy is right. if you are at all familiar with how CA works with the insane direct democracy angle this is how it goes

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

:yuge:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

anime was right posted:

its gonna pass somehow, i bet

My bet is that there are enough Republican defectors to make everyone rest easy, and then some Democrats' pharaceutical industry programming kicks in and it passes anyway I AM WATCHING YOU BOOKER

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lol if u still play the betting markets after 11/9

Forget Never

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

ffuck

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Premiums are going to be way higher than pre-obamacare and 30ish million people will lose insurance because a black man was president. That's basically it in its entirety. I am going to piss on Mitch McConnell's grave when he eventually dies.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
yeah like any of you idiots can tell between mcconnell smiling and mcconnell grimacing

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

whatever you need to tell yourself to distract from the fact that your in the ZUCK ZONE

Why does his face always look like it's made of wet cheesecloth with vaseline slathered all over it?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mdemone posted:

even just reading a second hand account of how Mitch McConnell is happy is enough to raise my blood pressure, it turns out

turns out he was probably just abusing an intern or something

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Stop quoting a tweet about a politician smiling and look at this

it's a fox news guy

i won't believe it until bradd and kyle say so

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nuclearmonkee posted:

ya this guy is right. if you are at all familiar with how CA works with the insane direct democracy angle this is how it goes

lol yeah dont their taxes come with like goofy grandfather clauses where boomers dont have to pay bc boomers voted for them all

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Venuz Patrol posted:

yeah like any of you idiots can tell between mcconnell smiling and mcconnell grimacing

jowl waggle frequency

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

it's a fox news guy

i won't believe it until bradd and kyle say so

speaking of bradd

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879434176532971521

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

420 deth crew

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/horton_official/status/879391837462683652

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Skipping 50 pages of posts what have I missed this day of Trump!?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Why does his face always look like it's made of wet cheesecloth with vaseline slathered all over it?

deface your face to ZUCK

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
holy gently caress it's still insanely bad

https://twitter.com/AP/status/879434118601334784

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

another million more insured

suck it liberals

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879434176532971521

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ONE MILLION MORE INSURED UNDER SENATE BILL

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
there's never a good time for single payer, also legislation cannot be amended ever, therefore its silly to try for single payer

- The Democrats!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

hell yeah

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
22 MILLION JESUS CHRIST

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nuclearmonkee posted:

the democrats have the supermajority to bypass the proposition system, they just dont want to

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gringostar posted:

it's hilarious how uneducated people are about how CA works and so rage against poo poo they don't understand

they killed it because it was just "single payer" on a napkin and instead want to put a laid out single payer plan on a ballot initiative in 18 to (a) drive up voter turnout (b) have the electorate approve the tax hike it will cause which is how taxes get raised in CA outside of regressive sales, car registration, and gas taxes

are we back to liberals uncritically parroting transparently bullshit talking points and talking down to leftists?

I served state assemblywoman and then senator Lois Wolk. I know a little something about how this process works, and its bullshit. I could explain to you in detail how the process of legislation involves a guy proposing something and then it going to committee and everyone's interests going into the piece of legislation and how that makes a stronger bill, but I don't need to.

This was killed in the Rules Committee before it could get to the other committees to get fleshed out via the above process. The transparently bullshit excuse is that it wasn't fleshed out enough. Getting fleshed out in the above process is HOW YOU PASS LEGISLATION. It can't do that if you kill it in committee.

But in this case, PAY ATTENTION, they have already passed UHC twice through a far more conservative legislature but it got vetoed, they had legislation on the shelf to just take off and pass, for gently caress's sake, look at the Leno bill. It passed. THEY HAD poo poo ON THE SHELF WAITING TO GO. IT IS IN THEIR STATE PARTY PLATFORM.

were they passing incomplete bills before? NO.

So you can either get educated or take a party line and talk down to people like a loving clintonite.

Martin Random has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Jun 26, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Flavius Belisarius posted:

the original models of Cylons were less advanced and lifelike than the later ones

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
22 million more uninsured BEFORE THE WORST poo poo KICKS IN

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we go through this process 22 more times and we're basically at single-payer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Senator Moneyforusfuckyouerson (R - Everywhere) was heard to say "well, it's a good start, but some people still have insurance that might actually have to pay for something someday, and I feel like we can do better"

• Locked thread