Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chairman Wao posted:

Lol at thinking Nintendo is your friend and not a company who just wants to make money off you.

That's true of most people, but actually they are my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Takoluka posted:

What's the total price of a standard SNES and every one of those games, not CIB?
$700

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

The ONLY console I've ever heard of having more than one video output was the FIRST ORIGINAL MODEL PS1 ONLY, even later PS1s did not and used a multi-out. (and even then, it was only composite that had their own output plugs)

The xbox 360 I owned had an HDMI port and another output for composite/component.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Well, that's pretty informative and all, but it doesn't solve my issue of needing an adaptor to be okay SNES games in the SFC or that list of games/an Everdrive that can't play Star Fox 2, making the entire solution extremely expensive compared to the SNES Classic, which was my primary point in response to "just buy an SNES." It's a ton of effort.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Well, that's pretty informative and all, but it doesn't solve my issue of needing an adaptor to be okay SNES games in the SFC or that list of games/an Everdrive that can't play Star Fox 2, making the entire solution extremely expensive compared to the SNES Classic, which was my primary point in response to "just buy an SNES." It's a ton of effort.

And not loving cheap. Unless you plan on buying the All in one Cart so you don't have to buy the games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

My phone changed "even play" to "be okay" somehow, which just shows how much more effort this whole thing is!!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also not completely true, you still need to mod an SNES to output RGB.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guys there is an snes mini thread for discussion: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783186

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
just a matter of time before it merges with the homebrew thread :getin:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tender Bender posted:

The quote is from a meltdown the poster bonzibuddy had when king k rool was not announced for smash bros. I'm older than 22 but the opinions about Donkey Kong part is true for me still.

gently caress, now i'm curious. what are your serious opinions about donkey kong? honest question.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it sure was nice to offer a budget form of Street Fighter 2 on Switch before creating the $80 version

also for bringing out 1/3 of the seiken densetsu collection

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Please tell me someone will be able to extract Star Fox 2

I don't want to pay $80 for it, and I already have everything else

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

How many versions of Street Fighter 2 are available right now in everyday, accessible forms?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

But she still took your games, huh. Ice fuckin' cold, man.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's true of most people, but actually they are my friend

Reggie and Miyamoto hang out with me every day in Mii Plaza

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So when do preorders go up?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

s.i.r.e. posted:

:iiam:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Then it's to the :f5: key I go.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

s.i.r.e. posted:

I mean, no one would even possibly have an idea of how much stock they're getting just yet. The Amazon.uk this was obviously just a blind pre-sell which is why they had to take it down after 3,000 people hammered it in the first 20 minutes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Takoluka posted:

That's fair. I'd use a SNES instead of SFC since you can easily use both carts in it.

MarcusSA posted:

And not loving cheap. Unless you plan on buying the All in one Cart so you don't have to buy the games.

Used SNES + Everdrive is pretty affordable. And gets you the entire SNES library, not just a handful of the best titles :)

Phantasium posted:

Also not completely true, you still need to mod an SNES to output RGB.

ONLY the mini. Normal fat NTSC SNES are good to go.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Willo567 posted:

If you don't care about a couple of tiny spergy details, Star Fox 2 was dumped like 10 years ago dude.

They'll probably dump this ROM and it'll be sliiiiiiightly better (there's a couple minor minor bugs) but if you just wanna play SF2 you know most of us already have?

Its very playable.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Willo567 posted:

If the system is just a reskinned NES Classic with different content installed (and that certainly makes the most sense from a design/manufacture perspective), then a ROM of this version of Starfox 2 should be on the internet pretty much on day one. If there's major design changes or protective measures added, then it may take a bit longer, but not by much. The first system has been busted wide open and this one should be no different.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'm on the waiting list to be called when pre-orders become available

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Willo567 posted:

Honestly I'd be inclined to do the same thing, much as I love me some SNES. I have the vast majority of those on various Virtual Consoles, except Starfox. Besides, I don't have an actual TV to hook the thing up to, just a computer monitor with HDMI.

Never tried playing Starfox 2.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
meh as far as snes games go star fox isn't very good

heck, as far as games in general go, star fox isn't very good

source: got all the medals in star fox 64 with my brothers back in the day

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The year of making fans of obscure female Nintendo characters happy continues.

We got Pauline, now the two pilots from Star Fox 2. What's next on the list?

The painter from Kirby 64 who never appeared again?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Honestly I'd be inclined to do the same thing, much as I love me some SNES. I have the vast majority of those on various Virtual Consoles, except Starfox. Besides, I don't have an actual TV to hook the thing up to, just a computer monitor with HDMI.

Never tried playing Starfox 2.

You can go play a rom dump of starfox 2 right the gently caress now

:psyduck: don't get you guys

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The year of making fans of obscure female Nintendo characters happy continues.

We got Pauline, now the two pilots from Star Fox 2. What's next on the list?

The painter from Kirby 64 who never appeared again?

So does this make Miyu and Fay canon now

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So does this make Miyu and Fay canon now

It better. Along with their superior arwing models.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KingSlime posted:

meh as far as snes games go star fox isn't very good

heck, as far as games in general go, star fox isn't very good

source: got all the medals in star fox 64 with my brothers back in the day

Playing as the on foot characters in multiplayer was hilarious after you unlocked them for getting medals.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wonder if the Starfox games will run at 60.

Probably not.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Oyster posted:

It better. Along with their superior arwing models.

Looking at their designs, I really like Miyu's. Shame they got cut from the Universe until now.

"Because her only appearance was in an unreleased game, she is not considered canon to the rest of the series."

Suck it Arwingpedia, you're wrong now. She canon :colbert:

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 26, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Playing as the on foot characters in multiplayer was hilarious after you unlocked them for getting medals.

Arwings cant lock onto them. Its a pretty decent rock paper scissors system for deathmatch

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
You'd think if they're including two controllers in the box they'd put more than 4-5 multiplayer games on there.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Star Fox timeline is now:

Star Fox (SNES)

(REBOOT)

64, Adventures, Assault and Command.

(REBOOT)

Zero

(REBOOT)

Star Fox 2 (SNES), we have now come full circle and gone through about three dimensional worm holes to get back here.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Zaphod42 posted:

You can go play a rom dump of starfox 2 right the gently caress now

:psyduck: don't get you guys

It may be the more updated version of the game. The ROM leak wasn't the most up to date build apparently and is said to be missing quite a few features.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Spacebump posted:

it really was, totally made that slog worth it and the multiplayer was always fun

it also helped that there were very few n64 games available at the time (and also we were poor), so we milked the hell out of that one

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Imagined posted:

You'd think if they're including two controllers in the box they'd put more than 4-5 multiplayer games on there.

I'm the loser that would play Super Mario Kart once with a friend for nostalgia then throw it to the side and go back to MK8D.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Star Fox timeline is now:

Star Fox (SNES)

(REBOOT)

64, Adventures, Assault and Command.

(REBOOT)

Zero

(REBOOT)

Star Fox 2 (SNES), we have now come full circle and gone through about three dimensional worm holes to get back here.

Nintendo would win E3 if next year they announce Star Fox 3 and a Star Fox 2 for Switch release along with Pikmin 4 and Animal Crossing.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Ventana posted:

It may be the more updated version of the game. The ROM leak wasn't the most up to date build apparently and is said to be missing quite a few features.

This article is brought up a lot, and it really seems like he's talking about an old ROM. There are multiple ROMs out there in different states, and the latest one has "roguelike encounters" and "different arenas", while the early alpha ROM did not have those. I'm happy to be wrong, I'll take more Star Fox 2, but I'm extremely skeptical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
same, I just don't see nintendo taking the time and allocating resources/labor to add content/enhance an snes rom to any notable degree whatsoever lmao

but hey we shall see!

• Locked thread