Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

By the way, been meaning to ask the thread:

If CIG folds suddenly, what actually happens with the current SC alpha? Would it be instantly defunct, or is there a preexisting contract with Amazon that would keep the servers/login info alive for a little while?
it would evaporate immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

posting from the past but lmaooooo

someone get on the hooks and relay this to their fraud department; instant default

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
I have been away from this thread for a while, what is with Star Citizen and Amazon?

If Amazon did anything with CIG, that's a pretty bad mark on Amazon's promotion team.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I love when people claim Star Citizen is such a huge world. Just because there's two stations with a handful of hallways, a derelict station, and some satellites with 3 corridors, and thousands of kilometers of empty space between them, doesn't make a game huge. One station to another is a few hundred thousand kilometers, you quantum drive between them and get there in a few seconds. Great. So what?

I could probably quantum drive between every location in SC in the same time it takes me to drive the highway loop around GTA5. The distance between things is all a facade. I could walk around in my house, then quantum drive over to my neighbor's house, then claim it was a huge distance and the world is so huge.

If you take away the empty space between things, they literally only have a few dozen hallways. Is Super Mario Brothers a huge game because he jumped into a warp pipe?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

If CIG folds suddenly, what actually happens with the current SC alpha? Would it be instantly defunct, or is there a preexisting contract with Amazon that would keep the servers/login info alive for a little while?

Sell the assets to goons to make the all-conquering Solar Plebian?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Wise Learned Man posted:

lol that poo poo would be done. There is no evidence that CIG has any arrangement with Amazon other than using their free engine and paying for their cloud services.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ZenMaster posted:

I made videos claiming smoke and mirrors and fakery in the live streams and demos they put out like so many months ago.

Still waiting for CIG to disprove any part of them. :colbert:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
SO I was thumbing through an old computer magazine last night, and lo and behold I found an article about the Stimperor Chris Roberts himself! The whole thing's quite interesting, but there's one thing that I noticed.

Remember how when Chris sat down to play his game a few years ago and it didn't look like he knew what the gently caress he was doing, down to snapping irritably about how he hated the chat interface? And people wondered why if the game was his baby he looked like a grandma trying to check her emails for the first time as he pawed and the controls?

Whole article here. Apologies for quality, the scan needs refactoring:

P.S.: Mark Hamill confirmed for cuck:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Wow, Illinois has some really big license plates

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Foo Diddley posted:

Wow, Illinois has some really big license plates

iirc it was 'WC1', which is apropos as Chris' game is in the toilet.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

posting from the past but lmaooooo

someone get on the hooks and relay this to their fraud department; instant default

I posted the link a few pages back. Probably not best sent to fraud for this though, best to use their media inquiries email I think. Which I also did.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

If you're going to blow out like that, at least spell correctly.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

XK posted:

If you're going to blow out like that, at least spell correctly.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Mirificus posted:

snip big idiot spamming message for you dumb mobile goons

That image makes me lean toward some sort of vote bot, cause how else is his endless stream of posts going to get to 3 points? He must be on the Cool Kids list and not the Dirty Goon FUD'er one

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

"Star Citizen: Can u not"

Just by the by, there's nothing untoward about that 'this is not a partnership' clause in the charge document. Two or more entities can be considered a legal partnership (in the business sense) in the UK if they satisfy some quite broad criteria, so that wording is included in most commercial documents to ensure that the parties don't accidentally enter into a partnership in their dealings.

As for Ortwin saying he's happy to 'partner up' with Coutts, he's just using stupid corporate-speak and I don't think Coutts would really care about that tbh (nor would it be seen as evidence of a partnership). I mean, It's dumb in the same way that I could also claim I 'partnered up' with my local bank, but not in breach of their agreement or anything.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how long the after glow will keep us all entertained.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

XK posted:

If it collapses, there simply are no more refunds. There would be no resource to provide refunds even if they really desperately wanted to give refunds. At best, backers would get paid out pennies on the dollar with whatever is left after banks auctioned off desks, chairs, and computers for maybe 1/3 of their purchase value. The 3D models, audio, visual, artwork, I can only imagine would be worth only whatever a stock asset outfit would be willing to buy it for. Those guys sell huge asset packs for $20-$30. Why would anyone specifically want CIG's stuff except as random cruft to help fill out a generic asset library. It's almost valueless.

The bank isn't going to sell the physical items off piece by piece, they'll sell lots. Here's 150 computers, 1.5 years old, make an offer. Here's a shitload of chairs. Buy these 200 desks. Some liquidation firm will pick them up for a fraction of what they were bought for, and the bank doesn't give a poo poo because it has no interest in having a fancy coffee maker or expensive aircraft rivet desk sitting in storage somewhere. They just want it out the door with cash in hand.

Backers aren't getting poo poo. The people they secured additional additional financing from are going to be preferred creditors which means they get first dibs in the fire sale and backers get to fight over anything that happens to be left after they are done.

Which will be zero lol

There's no way CIGs assets are worth enough to even give out pennies on the dollar once creditors are done.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

What if the reason 'Star Citizen' IP is "excluded collateral" is because they have already pawned it to a US institution?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Golli posted:

What if the reason 'Star Citizen' IP is "excluded collateral" is because they have already pawned it to a US institution?

this is the best reason and i choose to believe it is true

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Sarsapariller posted:

One fun thing that nobody in the community has really caught onto yet-

There was never an X million dollar spike in the funding tracker when they got this loan.

So either the funding tracker does not represent the actual funding status of CIG and they've been getting outside "Investment" for some time without telling the backers, or they're pushing the cash into the tracker bit by bit.

Bit by bit they keep undermining their own cover stories.

I respectfully disagree here. I think this proves that the funding tracker is only backer/pledged money. Or the fantasy equivalent thereof (I still think it likely includes discounted packages to gray market resellers at full price). Which means we have no idea how much the NatWest and Coutts loans are for. It is neither a positive or negative sign for the idiot backers with skin still in the game.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

WarpDogs posted:

Even if you believe their explanation and support CIG, you'd think people would be more careful with their wallets

lol u fuckin noob

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Golli posted:

Could be. But... if it were then there would be public UCC-1 statements listing that collateral in the company's state of incorporation, which I believe is Delaware. Anyone want to pay the Delaware Secretary of State to find out?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Titanic posted:

Took the weekend off and sure thing, cig explodes.

you are the jared kushner to cig's trump

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MinorInconvenience posted:

Could be. But... if it were then there would be public UCC-1 statements listing that collateral in the company's state of incorporation, which I believe is Delaware. Anyone want to pay the Delaware Secretary of State to find out?

I'll save you the trouble: it's not.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Golli posted:

The Star Citizen IP is excluded collateral because it has a net worth of $0.

More than that, the Star Citizen IP doesn't exist.

Despite the constant issuing of "lore," JPEGS, and other bullshit streaming from Chris Roberts distended anus, there is no value whatsoever to the collection of assets that he considers the Star Citizen "IP" - they're nothing more than his generic imaginings, with no recognition factor outside of his mentally damaged fan base.

Do you know what this is a picture of?

It's a Tie Fighter. Everyone on the planet has known what this ship is since 1977. Pygmy tribes in unexplored jungles make Tie Fighter cookies on May the Fourth. It's an instantly recognizable icon from a beloved franchise. We know what color lasers it shoots, we know what the engine sounds like, we know how they fly.

It's a Vanguard. Do you know how you know that? Because the loving name of the ship is on the goddamned picture along with the ship, because if it isn't, nobody would be able to tell it apart from any other ship they've seen in any other generic space movie or game. Nobody, aside from an incredibly insular and maladjusted community, gives the slightest poo poo whatsoever about what it is, what it's called, or what bizarre piece of shat-out D-level "lore" features its use.

And nobody ever will.

If anything, the Star Citizen IP has negative value - time will wind up being spent formatting the media on which it's all stored, and entry-level IT gets paid by the hour.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Backers aren't getting poo poo. The people they secured additional additional financing from are going to be preferred creditors which means they get first dibs in the fire sale and backers get to fight over anything that happens to be left after they are done.

Which will be zero lol

There's no way CIGs assets are worth enough to even give out pennies on the dollar once creditors are done.

You'd be surprised what people will bid on. I was shaking my head at some of the IP that was sold in the THQ bankruptcy auction.

MinorInconvenience fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 27, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

Despite the constant issuing of "lore," JPEGS, and other bullshit streaming from Chris Roberts distended anus, there is no value whatsoever to the collection of assets that he considers the Star Citizen "IP" - they're nothing more than his generic imaginings, with no recognition factor outside of his mentally damaged fan base.

It's a Tie Fighter. Everyone on the planet has known what this ship is since 1977. Pygmy tribes in unexplored jungles make Tie Fighter cookies on May the Fourth. It's an instantly recognizable icon from a beloved franchise. We know what color lasers it shoots, we know what the engine sounds like, we know how they fly.

It's a Vanguard. Do you know how you know that? Because the loving name of the ship is on the goddamned picture along with the ship, because if it isn't, nobody would be able to tell it apart from any other ship they've seen in any other generic space movie or game. Nobody, aside from an incredibly insular and maladjusted community, gives the slightest poo poo whatsoever about what it is, what it's called, or what bizarre piece of shat-out D-level "lore" features its use.

And nobody ever will.

If anything, the Star Citizen IP has negative value - time will wind up being spent formatting the media on which it's all stored, and entry-level IT gets paid by the hour.

drat son :iceburn:

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

Thanks, Ortwin.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Scruffpuff posted:

And nobody ever will.

A Good Post

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

As just a regular backer and not even an avocado you are privy to this information because

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jst0rm posted:

I wonder how long the after glow will keep us all entertained.

I'm already bored. I hope CIG puts the "DEFINITELY NOT PAY TO WIN ASTROFUCKER 2500" on sale soon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

As just a regular backer and not even an avocado you are privy to this information because

moma isn't toast, he's ortwin

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

Maybe MoMA is account sharing with his CIG overseers, naughty boy.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

How do you know this right off the top of your head, completely unconnected outside observer?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

lol, I literally wouldn't have been able to tell you what that was. I've never seen a Star Wars movie. I've watched the Plinkett reviews several times over, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

XK posted:

lol, I literally wouldn't have been able to tell you what that was. I've never seen a Star Wars movie. I've watched the Plinkett reviews several times over, though.

Here's a guy who has to drive for two hours to get to the nearest deep-jungle pygmy tribe