Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

How do you know this right off the top of your head, completely unconnected outside observer?

I've said too much. Time for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Foo Diddley posted:

Here's a guy who has to drive for two hours to get to the nearest deep-jungle pygmy tribe

Don't doxx my carpool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've said too much. Time for dinner.

What is for dinner?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MarcusSA posted:

What is for dinner?

Something he paid $1500 for two years ago. Four hours after he's finished eating it, it'll be refactored into something resembling most of CIG's accomplishments.

A disposable outcome, as it were.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

MinorInconvenience posted:

Could be. But... if it were then there would be public UCC-1 statements listing that collateral in the company's state of incorporation, which I believe is Delaware. Anyone want to pay the Delaware Secretary of State to find out?

yeah sure, link me to it/how much it costs :getin:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is a thread about not throwing good money after bad, don't buy a corporate info jpeg.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll save you the trouble: it's not.

Yep, and Evocati will definitely be testing 3.0 way before the middle of the year. And Squadron 42 Ep1 is definitely out

heavymetalmonsterlaugh.gif

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

big nipples big life posted:

This is a thread about not throwing good money after bad, don't buy a corporate info jpeg.

b-but I've got DISPOSABLE INCOME unlike those goonies

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

hot balls man no homo posted:

Why would anyone want this IP anyhow? It's essentially lifting parts of other more profitable IPs wholesale. Nobody will pay millions for this IP when they can just steal from Star Wars or Star Trek or the 5th Element themselves.

supplementary cat tax

During the bank funding pitch they probably left out all the stolen artwork and the Dune sandworm.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Good Dumplings posted:

yeah sure, link me to it/how much it costs :getin:

Pick one and pay what they want: https://corp.delaware.gov/uccauthsrch.shtml.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

Remember when CIG was posting cool art of all the neat things you could wear/do when SC came out?

Here's one of a cool, sexy cyber assassin:

When I bounty hunt, I make sure as much of my body as possible is uncovered because this helps with the

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

The Star Citizen IP is excluded collateral because it has a net worth of $0.

More than that, the Star Citizen IP doesn't exist.

Despite the constant issuing of "lore," JPEGS, and other bullshit streaming from Chris Roberts distended anus, there is no value whatsoever to the collection of assets that he considers the Star Citizen "IP" - they're nothing more than his generic imaginings, with no recognition factor outside of his mentally damaged fan base.

Do you know what this is a picture of?

It's a Tie Fighter. Everyone on the planet has known what this ship is since 1977. Pygmy tribes in unexplored jungles make Tie Fighter cookies on May the Fourth. It's an instantly recognizable icon from a beloved franchise. We know what color lasers it shoots, we know what the engine sounds like, we know how they fly.

Do you know what this is a picture of?

It's a Vanguard. Do you know how you know that? Because the loving name of the ship is on the goddamned picture along with the ship, because if it isn't, nobody would be able to tell it apart from any other ship they've seen in any other generic space movie or game. Nobody, aside from an incredibly insular and maladjusted community, gives the slightest poo poo whatsoever about what it is, what it's called, or what bizarre piece of shat-out D-level "lore" features its use.

And nobody ever will.

If anything, the Star Citizen IP has negative value - time will wind up being spent formatting the media on which it's all stored, and entry-level IT gets paid by the hour.

Star Citizen is a "spiritual successor" to Wing Commander. It's about as valuable as buying Mighty No 9 when you could just rip-off Mega Man yourself.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

When I bounty hunt, I make sure as much of my body as possible is uncovered because this helps with the

Make sure your eyes are covered, though--you don't want to see anything on a bounty hunt

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

International Finance :smuggo:

Whoa! It's a good thing CIG has the best employee who actually wrote their very masters degree about that exact topic! What a stroke of luck! :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MilesK posted:

Star Citizen is a "spiritual successor" to Wing Commander. It's about as valuable as buying Mighty No 9 when you could just rip-off Mega Man yourself.

Ea or whatever should just make a wing commander and sell it to the citizens while they wait

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Pizza at work, a three dollar raise, and CiG is finally beginning to circle the toilet bowl for realsies?
Today is the best birthday ever :slick:

Happy birthday, friend! :sureboat:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Exinos posted:

Seeing the /r/starcitizen and /r/dereksmart subs today have made me realize how many of the most toxic backers are also Trump supporters. They are definitely not paid shills, just really loving stupid.

Something small I gleaned from a video on astroturfing and selling reddit votes, if you make a new account and go to the donald sub reddit and just say something vile and hateful about liberals, you will get a poo poo ton of instant karma and now have an account in good standing with most posting rules regarding karma. It's one of the easiest places to just farm karma for new shill accounts. so the actually might be shills. Or trump supporters. or both.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Ea or whatever should just make a wing commander and sell it to the citizens while they wait

EA making a new wing commander right now would be :discourse:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wing Commander Remastered.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

The Titanic posted:

i cover my face so no one can identify me

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

hot balls man no homo posted:

Something small I gleaned from a video on astroturfing and selling reddit votes, if you make a new account and go to the donald sub reddit and just say something vile and hateful about liberals, you will get a poo poo ton of instant karma and now have an account in good standing with most posting rules regarding karma. It's one of the easiest places to just farm karma for new shill accounts. so the actually might be shills. Or trump supporters. or both.

Isn't it just as easy to go to someplace like r/politics and poo poo on Trump to farm karma?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MarcusSA posted:

What is for dinner?

crow

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is the shittiest piece of poo poo CIG has made in a while. It's a loving box. Glad Lethality loves it so much and thinks a box is iconic. It's like saying "that exploding barrel sure was iconic!" Or "did you see that wall texture? Those brick textures sure were iconic!"

Lethality: Everybody knows you're a cheap shill not even getting any kickbacks, but as you try to have an opinion about games and be a relevant news source, dumb comments like this erode what fractional credibility you may have.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

You know it kinda looks like Rey's speeder on the desert planet in episode 7. Also I feel like there are a couple speeders in swtor that look like that too

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

moma isn't toast, he's ortwin

Toastwin?

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

The Titanic posted:

It's like saying "that exploding barrel sure was iconic!" ...

Somebody didn't play Doom in the 90s.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
PCGamer: "Star Citizen studio responds to rumors of financial crisis - a loan from a big UK bank is just business as usual according to Cloud Imperium Games."

PCGamer posted:

It's a perfectly reasonable explanation, but realistically I don't think it will do much to dampen the controversy that's been swirling around Star Citizen almost from the very beginning. Nor will this: The release of the 3.0 alpha that has been slated for the end of June has been pushed back to an "aim date" window sometime in August.

Also, I'm spotting a pattern... :ohdear:
PCGamer: "Cloud Imperium Games Denies Squadron 42 Delay Report" - Sep 2016, Sq42 delayed a few months later

GameSpot: "Star Citizen Dev Denies That It's Facing Financial Trouble" - Jun 2017...

Quavers fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 27, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

MinorInconvenience posted:

Maybe MoMA is account sharing with his CIG overseers, naughty boy.

Chris Roberts is overconfident MOMA.
Sandi is angry MOMA.
Toast is good MOMA.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is that the thing they just sold in packs of 5?

Because holy gently caress how do you even see , CIG is sure keeping up their commitment to ensure know cockpit has any forward facing view

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~
Don't mind if I come contribute to your misery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml7vBy0rH9g

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We've partnered with CIG.

Don't know about you but I've got a great 401k negotiated out. For every 100% I put in, I receive a promise of future satisfaction.

1,000,000 backers can't be wrong so it's definitely a good deal.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I wish I knew more about banking and finance, but I'd like to say that I'm real happy that Star Citizen people, literally even their YouTube advocates, have shed their false skin of being experts in game development and have come forward to really be experts in banking and corporate finance for international companies with over a dozen shell companies.

I thought I was only dealing with game development pros, turns out they were attorneys and bankers too.

Probably all secretly German, too.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

KawaiiAtomicBombs posted:

pro click

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

:five::five::five::five::five:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Just wow :five::five::five::five::five:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Citizens must be reading the thread to stay up to date on Loangate.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

I wish I knew more about banking and finance, but I'd like to say that I'm real happy that Star Citizen people, literally even their YouTube advocates, have shed their false skin of being experts in game development and have come forward to really be experts in banking and corporate finance for international companies with over a dozen shell companies.

I thought I was only dealing with game development pros, turns out they were attorneys and bankers too.

Probably all secretly German, too.

Lol

So close yet so far

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lmfao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Breetai posted:

Nah, I wanna see one more citizencon where they have absolutely loving nothing to show after 3.0 being late for a year and yet still undelivered.

*starcit superwhale sleeps outside on LA sidewalk like seymour waiting for fry in order to secure first unto the breach status even though it's a week out and he could have shown up the morning of*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

"Release in early 2015"

L
O
L

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcp06Sdwe8