Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/879508842282860544

I love him more than I can put into words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

^^^^^^

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

Has Malcolm ever tweeted anything as beautiful as this? I don't think so.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/879503325867245568

This is amazing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LaVar didn't bring all 3 of his sons but brought multiple mannequins wearing his brand? lol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lavarr is pretty close to completing the necessary resume to be president of the USA

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lavar Ball is the best and any of you who said otherwise should go back to not having sex. Him and Stephen A need to form a stable and just cut promos every single day. Guy is a loving natural.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Snowboardin Eric Gordon wins 6th man of the year

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I dunno if this got posted yesterday but I'm going to post it again

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/879145932264054784

So far this is the closest we have to a child dunking on an NBA player. I don't know how to feel

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

Has Malcolm ever tweeted anything as beautiful as this? I don't think so.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/879503325867245568

lmao also #TeamLaVar

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Lavar Ball is the best talker since Ric Flair, if only Lonzo was on the Grizzlies they would embrace him smh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

BWV posted:

Lavar Ball is the best and any of you who said otherwise should go back to not having sex. Him and Stephen A need to form a stable and just cut promos every single day. Guy is a loving natural.

If the LaVar not letting his children visit their mother in the hospital stuff isn't true I am on Team LaVar.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh my god this is amazing. Lavar can stay, but only if he appears on Raw every two weeks.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Carlosologist posted:

never forget that young Thibs was a looker

I can imagine him on a date and telling said woman about the intricacies of post defense

haha nope
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/sports/basketball/bulls-and-basketball-an-obsession-for-thibodeau.html

quote:

Thibodeau was engaged once.

They canceled the wedding about six weeks out, and Thibodeau’s mother made him return what gifts the couple had received. Reasons for the engagement’s end varied, but John Galaris, Thibodeau’s boss and the athletic director at Salem State, said Thibodeau told him, “There’s no room in my life for a woman if I’m going to be a basketball coach.”

NYTimes is trying to make it hard to copy and paste text from their site that's incredibly stupid

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my favorite Young Thibs Fact is that apparently he was a shameless gunner who didn't play defense.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It is rookie of the year and not most valuable rookie per possession, or rookie of 37.8% of the year

It's for the best rookie, not the one who played the most games.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lacarr is going to end up dating Jamie Buss and running the Lakers

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

EvanTH posted:

haha nope
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/sports/basketball/bulls-and-basketball-an-obsession-for-thibodeau.html

NYTimes is trying to make it hard to copy and paste text from their site that's incredibly stupid

Thibodeau is Kierkegaard

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Thibs is volcel and it is the source of his powers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EvanTH posted:

So far this is the closest we have to a child dunking on an NBA player. I don't know how to feel

Oladipo has to have that kid assassinated right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Twitter game adds 4 ws

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can I interest you in a Holy Trinity
Sure, I'm always interested in someone who can get me rebounds, blocks, and steals

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

If LaVar starts dating Jeanie Buss and publicly talking poo poo to Phil Jackson we will get closer to peak NBA.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jeanie sorry. Apologies to the Bus family

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

euphronius posted:

off-topic but did you have a stroke recently or something? or are you in the middle of an epic bender? because at least like half of your posts as of late have been riddled with typos and double quotes and the like

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noctone posted:

off-topic but did you have a stroke recently or something? or are you in the middle of an epic bender? because at least like half of your posts as of late have been riddled with typos and double quotes and the like

Phone posting on a new phablet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well phablet posting

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm calling Lavar LaCarr from now on

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/vineydelnegro/status/879507023422935040

Oh :eyepop:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

loving owned imo

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

This joke sucks and Drake's delivery sucks I dont blame him

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dejan Bimble posted:

It is rookie of the year and not most valuable rookie per possession, or rookie of 37.8% of the year
the steady 26-year-old vet coming out of college with a master's degree wins over the game changing young big because he got hurt halfway through the season? Voters don't actually wanna pick the best player, they want to give out an attendance award

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zipser was robbed

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

whoa, big award leak: zipser just voted Most Bones

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

This joke sucks and Drake's delivery sucks I dont blame him

Also Drake sucks

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

oh poo poo

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

EvanTH posted:

haha nope

His Dad died a few years ago and none of the players or reporters even knew for a few days until he missed a morning shootaround. Someone on Twitter found an obituary in his hometown paper and everyone realized he went to the funeral.

My favorite weird Thibodeau story is he's big into powerlifting. He would go to a 24-hour gym in Chicago in the middle of the night and just lift. He can bench 350.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Also Drake sucks

Ive always thought so but I listen exclusively to Loretta Lynn so what do I know

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah Drake's fake on-record patois has crept into his normal cadence

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Where is the Big 3 GDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fast Luck posted:

the steady 26-year-old vet coming out of college with a master's degree wins over the game changing young big because he got hurt halfway through the season? Voters don't actually wanna pick the best player, they want to give out an attendance award

Devin Booker robbed of the MVP award

• Locked thread