Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello, I am Optimus Prime, the leader of Autobots. Kids, remember, drugs are not cool. If you do drugs, you help Decepticons win. Please, don't let them take my precious energon.

*turns into a lorry*

*doot-doot*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Wait so

transformers is bad?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm gonna pretend the movie ended in the middle ages and we all just forgot getting smacked into by a whole robot planet or maybe we never even noticed.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

Hello, I am Optimus Prime, the leader of Autobots. Kids, remember, drugs are not cool. If you do drugs, you help Decepticons win. Please, don't let them take my precious energon.

*turns into a lorry*

*doot-doot*

You're missing Trump pretending to drive in the cab and the *doot doot* is from him.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

KakerMix posted:

Wait so

transformers is bad?

:(

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so glad I haven't watched a Transformers movie since the second one

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

fuccckk

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So how's Transfivers 5 doing in the box office?

Also, why ARE these movies so financially successful to begin with? Whats so loving special about transformers? Yeah it was hot poo poo back in the 80s and a lot of folks who were kids at the time loved it and are now adults with disposable income, but that isnt unique to Transformers. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtels and Mighty morphin power rangers were also huge among kids in their own time (early to mid 1990s) but their movies havent been nearly as successful. And yet the Transformers movies have been raking in almost a billion dollars each. Why?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blue Star posted:

So how's Transfivers 5 doing in the box office?

According to Box Office Mojo, it was #1 this weekend, but a franchise low opening.

quote:

Paramount's Transformers: The Last Knight took the #1 spot this weekend as expected, but that opening was the lowest the franchise has seen thus far by a rather significant margin as a lot of attention will now turn toward the film's international run. Meanwhile, WB's Wonder Woman is still tearing up the box office as it has now become the highest grossing release within the DC Extended Universe and it is showing little sign of stopping.

Only one of the previous four Transformers features opened on a Wednesday and that was 2011's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the third feature in the now five-film franchise, and it debuted with $162.6 million over its first five days in release, $97.8 million of that from the three-day weekend. By contrast, Transformers: The Last Knight brought in a mere $69.1 million over its first five days in release, an estimated $45.3 million of which over the three-day weekend. While this is relatively on par with the $70 million industry expectations, it puts added pressure on the $217 million production's international run.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I need to work in an industry where I can say the phrase "A mere 69.1 million dollars"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
They spent 217 million to make this movie

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I guess that means they only made like $5 for every SE Asian wage slave who worked on this American masterpiece though.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KakerMix posted:

They spent 217 million to make this movie

But not 12 years. A good trade off?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
More came out on Lord and Miller getting canned from the Han Solo movie.

Apparently they spent a ton of time improving on set and Kathleen Kennedy saw the dailies and hired an acting coach for the lead mid-production because he sucked so much.

Y'all, the Han Solo movie is going to be a loving disaster.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

PostNouveau posted:

Apparently they spent a ton of time improving on set and Kathleen Kennedy saw the dailies and hired an acting coach for the lead mid-production because he sucked so much.

I will not be satisfied unless this movie vomits stomach acid right into my eyes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If he can't act and looks nothing like Harrison Ford what the gently caress happened to land him the role.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh boy, the Paul Feig method of "just improv a bunch and we'll find something funny in editing!"

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Lol so many bruised bottoms, so many troubled taints because the youtube men won't take transfivers seriously

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PostNouveau posted:

Looks like Disney was in the right to kick them off at the last minute then

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I was worried about Yug but he is now a 5 star rlm poster. Another GBS success story :)

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That stupid han solo movie does not need to be made. Surely such an expansive universe should allow for some original story telling

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Star Wars is bad.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

WampaLord posted:

Oh boy, the Paul Feig method of "just improv a bunch and we'll find something funny in editing!"

it's the judd apatow method, buddy

no wait adam mckay I guess

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

reignofevil posted:

If he can't act and looks nothing like Harrison Ford what the gently caress happened to land him the role.
lol this is incredibly funny because that's exactly what happened to his character in Hail Caesar.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

khwarezm posted:

Star Wars is bad.

They're gonna say "parsecs" at some point and the audience is going to laugh and clap and I'm going to disintegrate right there in the theater.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zmej posted:

lol this is incredibly funny because that's exactly what happened to his character in Hail Caesar.

So you are telling me someone in Disney's casting department lined all of this up as an inside joke.

Cool.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

So you are telling me someone in Disney's casting department lined all of this up as an inside joke.

Cool.

Very cool

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They're gonna say "parsecs" at some point and the audience is going to laugh and clap and I'm going to disintegrate right there in the theater.

Never tell me the odds
Jabba cameo
Greedo cameo with "shoot first joke"
Boba Fett cameo
Winning the ship from Lando
Stuffing popcorn into my eyes until dead

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

INT. MILLENIUM FALCON

HAN: Oh boy, Chewie, we're gonna have to make this KESSEL RUN really fast in order to please our crime boss, JABBA THE HUTT.

(Han looks at camera and waits for applause to die down)

CHEWIE: (Wookie noises)

(We see the ship go faster and faster as a display panel reading "Parsecs" counts slowly up)

HAN: The ship can't handle anything more than 11 parsecs!

(Panel goes up to 12 parsecs)

HAN: I have a bad feeling about this!

(Play wacky music, freeze frame, laugh track)

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
boy you said it chewie

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm calling it now, Chewbacca loses a game and there is a comedy shot of a droid missing it's arm.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

INT. MILLENIUM FALCON

HAN: Oh boy, Chewie, we're gonna have to make this KESSEL RUN really fast in order to please our crime boss, JABBA THE HUTT.

(Han looks at camera and waits for applause to die down)

CHEWIE: (Wookie noises)

(We see the ship go faster and faster as a display panel reading "Parsecs" counts slowly up)

HAN: The ship can't handle anything more than 11 parsecs!

(Panel goes up to 12 parsecs)

HAN: I have a bad feeling about this!

(Play wacky music, freeze frame, laugh track)

Youtube Reviewer: In Han Solo's Solo Side Story, we finally see the Kessel Run and boy does the movie do it justice!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the purpose of the kessel run is to experience fear

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
STAR WARS STAR WARS I loving LOVE STAR WARS

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait, the Han Solo movie was set to come out in May of 2018? That's not even a year between Star Wars movies!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

quote:

Hot Rod is a French accented race car TF who has the power and touch to stop time into slow motion while hitting on pretty human ladies and leaping about kicking rear end. The whole series is a silly 300 million dollar cartoon with depth of subversion of American ideals and film making that is expressed in cynical underlying menace and hate yet is glorious to behold.

And Bumblebee was in WWII and Hopkins remembers him from when he was a kid.

I'm pretty sure Michael Bay is a top 5 director on earth today. He gets so much so right and while the first Transformers was a straightforward conventional film I am happier it went to the directions it did.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Castor Poe posted:

tl;dr, Michael Bay is a genius

Can we get "posting in Cinema Discusso" entered into the DSM yet?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hodor's live posting of Trans5fiver5 made my night.

More entertaining than the actual thing with none of the noise induced headaches/nausea!

Also lol at anyone getting mad at RLM for trolling people this way.. If you've caught up on the videos you know what you're in for (thinking of the NoBrandCon videos, a con they enjoyed and yet still mocked the poo poo out of it)

Never fails to make me laugh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cubone posted:

the purpose of the kessel run is to experience fear

hahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Wait, the Han Solo movie was set to come out in May of 2018? That's not even a year between Star Wars movies!

So when it gets delayed, it'll come out around Christmas like the rest of them.

Except this time it'll get delayed to recast the lead and reshoot the whole loving thing, so I guess it'll come out May 2019.

• Locked thread