Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Also pick up all of the aether current quests, one of them wants you to go to the north anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm just starting this game back up after having gotten a MRD to 28 months and months ago, and now have a GLD at 28 because I hear they're the flavor of the month. Should I stop leveling a tank through the story and just level a DPS instead since that will be easier than queuing for dungeons as a DPS?

If so, any recommendations on a good/fun DPS to play? Should I go ahead and buy Stormblood and get my Samurai on or go with one of the core classes?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

UHD posted:

Just did the last dungeon of the MSQ. poo poo was fun. Will be... interesting to heal it later, tons of damage I had a drat hard time avoiding.

... did Zenos really piss away two of the empire's provinces because he's bored? Garlemald's been jobbing since ARR but this seems excessive.

haha never mind I kept watching, dude is fuckin loopy for entirely different reasons.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Scholtz posted:

I'm just starting this game back up after having gotten a MRD to 28 months and months ago, and now have a GLD at 28 because I hear they're the flavor of the month. Should I stop leveling a tank through the story and just level a DPS instead since that will be easier than queuing for dungeons as a DPS?

If so, any recommendations on a good/fun DPS to play? Should I go ahead and buy Stormblood and get my Samurai on or go with one of the core classes?

Try all of them out and just play whatever you end up enjoying.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

UHD posted:

haha never mind I kept watching, dude is fuckin loopy for entirely different reasons.

He is literally Kefka, just from a different angle.

Right down to having been probably driven mad by being the prototype for Magitek augmentation of human(oid)s

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

He is literally Kefka, just from a different angle.

Right down to having been probably driven mad by being the prototype for Magitek augmentation of human(oid)s

Yeah I caught that straight away. Dude didn't even have to dress like a clown.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What's my meld priority as tank? I've been going Direct Hit > Strength > Crit. I read Tenacity is useless right now and the above stats seem to outweigh Determination.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My group spent about a dozen attempts on Susano EX tonight, shuffling through an increasingly worse series of 4th pubbie DPS, before swapping in a FC member. Even so, on our victorious attempt we had a full party wipe except myself (as PLD) and the Red Mage at 5% health. The RDM spent his last moments of life Verraising our Scholar, who delayed just long enough to avoid the raid AOE to rez then activate LB3 for a full resurrect with Susano at 8% with 40 seconds remaining.

We cleared him with 0 seconds remaining until the enrage. It's been a long while since I've seen hype levels that high. REJOICE~

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1sCVgO2Kcw

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zaphod42 posted:

Use third eye more and... IDK play SAM properly?

I had to use 2 potions but I did it first try.

Did you use role skills? bloodbath or whatever is pretty good for keeping your health up.

I don't understand how people struggled with that fight. Maybe if you're running it in the default gear it can be hard due to being undergeared? :shrug:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

So did every MNK go SAM? I haven't seen a MNK since SB came out.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

nuru posted:

I know I certainly did.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nuru posted:

Somebody should tell Lyse

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Zaphod42 posted:

A friend of mine and I are debating whether that's gonna be the new POTD or whether its that house of coin up in steppe.

I guess its too skinny, but drat that thing is literally infinitely tall. And nobody even comments on it?!? Uhhhhhhhh

it's deffo gonna be the next potd

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I just tried pubbing the thing.

Shinryu is going to be a fountain of frustration and while I cannot wait to get past it I am also relishing the fury the high speed mechanics will cause.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Over a dozen wipes with pubbies and counting for me. :unsmigghh:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pussy Cartel posted:

Over a dozen wipes with pubbies and counting for me. :unsmigghh:

I managed to do it in half a dozen!

Granted that's over two groups. And the second group one-shot the fucker.

That fight is fun as hell but god drat there's a lot going on.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I got a half-goon party with me and we one-shot it at like 1 AM PST so I feel incredibly blessed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

nuru posted:

I'm still a MNK, and I don't think I'm gonna go SAM for a while, if ever. This is, admittedly, partially because I absolutely despise doing PotD and so leveling DPS classes is hell right now. But I also really like MNK and always have. If I didn't abandon it for HW, I won't abandon it for SB.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The final boss is fantastic and I enjoy helping pubbies clear the fight -- as long as they show an actual capability to learn. Too many of them get complacent after enough wipes and get worse at the fight despite being trained (via trial & error) into what mechanics to avoid in which ways. I tend to drop these groups since it's clear they don't learn from either explanations or experience.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

vOv posted:

I got a half-goon party with me and we one-shot it at like 1 AM PST so I feel incredibly blessed.

I don't even care that I didn't clear it, that fight is just so much pure fun. I wish I didn't have stuff to do tomorrow.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Remember the Uhm Ala Mol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only sources for grade 6 materia are hunts and dungeons, right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Presumably from converting spiritbonded gear as well. Protip: dungeon gear can be converted now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I got the last trial down on my second attempt but it was hour 4 of trying to get a group to try it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Just finished the Warrior 70 quest and it was drat good, but didn't really involve me at all. I'm still the best WAR, but I'll help these two other WARs hook up I guess.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

nuru posted:

I took monk to 70 first, sam is my next project but the main stumbling block is that dungeon queues are ridiculous right now and I get bored of PvP spam pretty quickly.

Machine-gunning Forbidden Chakra is fun and I have a new toy to help maintain GL through an invuln phase (under certain circumstances), so things aren't too bad. It's true that I haven't seen a huge number of other monks at max level, though there have been some.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SettingSun posted:

Just finished the Warrior 70 quest and it was drat good, but didn't really involve me at all. I'm still the best WAR, but I'll help these two other WARs hook up I guess.

To be the greatest wingman is to be the premier tankman.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

nuru posted:

gently caress NO

<-- Loud and proud Monk all day erry day

I'm not touching RDM or SAM until they drop new tank or heal jobs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The 60 MCH experience going forward has been pretty good if only because every couple levels you get something that makes your rotation even better.

62? Get that move that finally makes managing heat much easier. 64? Now you actually have a reason to stay above 50 heat and you get some of the best animations. 66? An easy way to fix a mistake that made you overheat or dip below Heated ammo range. 68? Uh.... we don't talk about it. But 70? A (mostly useless but still aesthetically great) flamethrower!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
finally got around to taking this pic

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Final trial we had 1 dps disconnect mid 3rd phase and we ended up wiping. Someone put up a vote dismiss that we declined and we replaced the dps. Healer and a dps drop out (must have been the dismissers) before our second go so we waited a few minutes to get a new healer and then proceed to one-shot the boss with the new crew. Some people really don't have enough patience right now. Felt good winning that fight.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Zaphod42 posted:

A friend of mine and I are debating whether that's gonna be the new POTD or whether its that house of coin up in steppe.

I guess its too skinny, but drat that thing is literally infinitely tall. And nobody even comments on it?!? Uhhhhhhhh

When you first get to the Ruby Sea Lyse says "hey that's really tall." So someone comments on it at least.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Queued into Susano EX for the first time tonight, got the triple mechanic whammy gently caress you targeted at me on my first pull, died horribly

10/10 would get skullfucked again :arghfist::saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 27, 2017

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I'm so ready for the EX version of the final trial :getin:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Meanwhile I one shot my first run of the trial.

It was kind of messy with some deaths but we did it!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Lol @ Young Rabauhn and Illberd and Illberd with a loving mullet

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I have discovered a love of cheesing knockback mechanics with arms length, and have even managed to get some pubbies killed with it as they follow my lead instead of the rest of the party.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

nuru posted:

Loud and proud MNK main here. You can keep your hanzo steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Ibblebibble posted:

Loud and proud MNK main here. You can keep your hanzo steel.

Be like me and main both because they share all their gear except weapons.