Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Squizzle posted:

country was good until everyone wanted to be garth fuckin brooks

I feel like there's a market I can capitalize on writing over the top ironic country songs about how Jesus would drive a pickup truck.

All my albums will feature Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

who the gently caress hates a good beat?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

idk what the actual youth convention is but i try to call the musical genre hip hop and only say rap when im referring to the actual technique of rapping

mostly because white folks who said "rap music" back in the day were usually racist af and i dont wanna affiliate w them

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

sad sack country is the best country

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Squizzle posted:

idk what the actual youth convention is but i try to call the musical genre hip hop and only say rap when im referring to the actual technique of rapping

mostly because white folks who said "rap music" back in the day were usually racist af and i dont wanna affiliate w them

thats true, theres a historical component of racism in there i didnt consider

we should just all be excellent towards each other

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

NecroMonster posted:

if you dislike rap you might just be a loving idiot is all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppaogPEFU6U

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
if its not brisket, sausage or spare ribs dry smoked in Texas its not bbq and ur an idiot fucker for thinking otherwise

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
:siren: Donald J Trump did a Benghazi and murdered an adorable 7 year old American girl who was shot in the neck by a navy seal and painfully bleed out over the course of two hours before drifting from this plane of existence for good. She loved Mickey Mouse and had dreamed of one day visiting Disney land. The navy seal also died from a broken hart after realizing that he had just murdered an adorable 7 year old American girl at the order of Donald J Trump aka the president of the United States of America. :siren:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Mayor Dave posted:

uncle tomas, surely

uncle dave thomas

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

carne asada is the real bbq imo

i mean texas bbq is good, i love myself some brisket and creamed corn. but its strictly inferior to a good carne asada

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Squizzle posted:

yah, and so many ppl do more than rap (like andre 3k, j cole, tank of tank and the bangaz) that rap is too narrow to describe the musics bein made 2day

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

genres are bad

im music agnostic

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hip hop is the correct term but i've also maid pains in my life over the last ten or so years to stop being a hyper correct extremely specific person all of the time and especially at other people

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

just learning to give up giving a poo poo about spelling was like the greatest thing ever

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i like not having to use my shift key

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

I feel like there's a market I can capitalize on writing over the top ironic country songs about how Jesus would drive a pickup truck.

joke's on you the audience that consumes the really lovely country never explores new music unless it comes on the radio

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

just learning to give up giving a poo poo about spelling was like the greatest thing ever

prescriptivism is poopy! not even those dorkos in the IVORY TOWER in linguistics departments are prescriptivists no more!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Nastier Nate posted:

too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVNdLmKGYw

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

born on a buy you posted:

if its not brisket, sausage or spare ribs dry smoked in Texas its not bbq and ur an idiot fucker for thinking otherwise

pulled pork? PULLED PORK? YOU loving DUMB FUCKER. Do you loving know what it means to PULL pork?? HINT: IT DOES NOT INVOLVE SLICING AND STACKING ONTO A SANDWICH. CHRIST. IT INVOLVES LITTERALLY PULLING THE PORK APART INTO THIN NONUNIFORM STRIPS WHICH ARE THEN MIXED WITH A SAUCXE. A PULLED PORK SANDWICH!? gently caress. THIS FUCKER LOOKS AT A loving CRAB CAKE AND SLAPS HIS CURLED HAND INTO HIS CHEST CROOKS HIS LEG AND SAYS DURR THATS AN APPLE?? GET HTE gently caress OUT OF HERE

JESUS poo poo I AM STILL loving APPAULED ABOUT "PULLED PROK? PULLED PROK?" ITS NOT A PULLED PORK SANDWICH. I CAN SEE MAYBE THINKING ITS A MILE HIGH STACKED PO BOY OR A RUEBEN. EMPERORJ, IM REVOKING YOUR TICKET TO BOARD THE MEATSHIP. ALL OF US WHO ARENT loving RETARDED WILL BE WAVING TO YOU ON THE DOCKS AS WE DISEMBARK, OUR FACES STUFFED WITH FOOD PRODUCTS WE CAN FujcKING IDENTIFY. I'LL BE HAVING A FRIED OYSTER SANDWICH, AND NO! THESE ARENT loving CHICKEN NUGeRTS. TRY PULLING A CHICKEN OUT OF THE WATER AND EATING IT RAW, FUCKSTICK! THAT CLUCKER WOULD BE FREAKING OUT ON YOU AND GETTING WATER AND FEATHER S EVERWHERE, WHILE ILL BE ENJOYING RAW OYSTERS BECAUSE KNOWING THINGS!! HOW NOVEL! LOOK, I READ A BOOK AND I CCAN loving FEED MYSELF! UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE WHOSE MOMS PROBABLY STILL CUT THEIR PORTERHOUSES BECAUSE YOUD GET GRISTLE ALL IN WITH YOUR MARBLE. GO STARVE IN THE WILD BECAUSE YOU ATE SOMETHING THAT TURNED OUT TO BE POISONOUS BECAUSE HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING. BASIC SANDWICH KNOWLEDGE!!

NEVER HAD A PULLED PORK SANDWICH?? LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME FOR BABBYS FIRST loving SANDWICH. GET A CLUE, NEOPHYTE. AROUND HERE WE SLOW COOK OUR PORK UNTIL ITS TENDER ENOUGH TO FALL OFF THE BONE--UYES! PIGS HAVE BONES!!--AND SMOTHER THAT poo poo IN BBW SAUCE UNTIL ITS DONE TO PERFECTION. SLAP IT ON A BUN AND THATS ALL YOU NEED. OH WAIT, YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BITE AND CHEW AND SWALLOW It, GUESS WE BETTER NOT LET YOU NEAR THE PULLED PORK! MAYBE YOUD CHOKE BECAUSE YOUD BE EXPECTING A GOD drat HAMBUGER. COME TO THE SOUTH, I DARE YOU. YOU WOULD NOT LAST SECOND IN MY HOME TOWN WITH THAT KIND OF poo poo. PWOPLW AROUND HERE WOULD SPOT YOU AS A FAKE THE MOMENT YOU OPENED UP YOUR DIRTYY GOD drat MOUTH AND STARTED SPOUNTING OFF ABOUT poo poo YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT. YOUD WALK AROUND LIKE "LOOK! THAT'S DEFINATELY BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAST!" AND THE DUDE NEXT TO YOU WOULD LOWER HIS SUNGLASSES AND TAKE ONE LOOK AND JUST WALK THE gently caress AWAY. IT MAY BE YOUR BROTHER OR A CLOSE FRIEND BUT HE WOULD STILL DO IT BECAUSE MEAT. IS. YOUR. SAVIOR.

THaANK YOU. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE gently caress. 'SUP FELLOW MEAT EATER? SUP FELLOW MEAT GOON WHO KNOWS THINGS. IVE BEEN SITTING HERE STEWING (!!!) FOR AN HOUR ABOUT THIS DOOFUS WHO DOESNT KNOW WHAT PULLED PORK IS. IM GOING TO FUNNEL STEAMING HOT PULLED PORK INTO HIS rear end WITH A TRAFFIC CONE, THEN MAYBE HED UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CURED OR SALTED MEAT SANDWICHES. BY THE WAY, I MUST COMPLIMENT YOUR CHOICE OF IMAGERY---YOUR PASTRAMI IS ESPECIALLY PRODIGIOUS AND THE PULLED PORK IS A RELEVEANT DISTINCTION. HOW THE gently caress COULD THIS rear end in a top hat CONFUSE THE TWO? THE SANDWICHES LITERALLY COUld NOT BE MORE DIVERGENT IN TEXTURE AND APPEARCANCE. IM GOING TO ASSUME THAT HE JUST REALLY LIKES FRYING poo poo INSTEAD OF BARBEQUING IT BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY ILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP.

"gently caress, now I really want a pulled pork sandwich"

WHO DOESN'T? OH YEAH, PRICKSUCKERS WHO DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. THEY SAY IF YOU NEVER HAD IT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE MISSING. YEAH WELL EMPERORJ MAY NOT KNOW A THING BUT drat IF HE DOESNT RUB HIS oval office IGNORANCE IN OUR FACES AND MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR US. BTW I FUNNELLED IT UP HIS AS LIKE I SAID I WOULD AND HE KNOWS WHAT IT IS NOW. HOW YOU ASK!? HIS HEAD WAS UP THERE ALREADY SO HE ATe IT JUST FINE!! HOLY CHRIST

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

pulled pork? PULLED PORK? YOU loving DUMB FUCKER. Do you loving know what it means to PULL pork?? HINT: IT DOES NOT INVOLVE SLICING AND STACKING ONTO A SANDWICH. CHRIST. IT INVOLVES LITTERALLY PULLING THE PORK APART INTO THIN NONUNIFORM STRIPS WHICH ARE THEN MIXED WITH A SAUCXE. A PULLED PORK SANDWICH!? gently caress. THIS FUCKER LOOKS AT A loving CRAB CAKE AND SLAPS HIS CURLED HAND INTO HIS CHEST CROOKS HIS LEG AND SAYS DURR THATS AN APPLE?? GET HTE gently caress OUT OF HERE

JESUS poo poo I AM STILL loving APPAULED ABOUT "PULLED PROK? PULLED PROK?" ITS NOT A PULLED PORK SANDWICH. I CAN SEE MAYBE THINKING ITS A MILE HIGH STACKED PO BOY OR A RUEBEN. EMPERORJ, IM REVOKING YOUR TICKET TO BOARD THE MEATSHIP. ALL OF US WHO ARENT loving RETARDED WILL BE WAVING TO YOU ON THE DOCKS AS WE DISEMBARK, OUR FACES STUFFED WITH FOOD PRODUCTS WE CAN FujcKING IDENTIFY. I'LL BE HAVING A FRIED OYSTER SANDWICH, AND NO! THESE ARENT loving CHICKEN NUGeRTS. TRY PULLING A CHICKEN OUT OF THE WATER AND EATING IT RAW, FUCKSTICK! THAT CLUCKER WOULD BE FREAKING OUT ON YOU AND GETTING WATER AND FEATHER S EVERWHERE, WHILE ILL BE ENJOYING RAW OYSTERS BECAUSE KNOWING THINGS!! HOW NOVEL! LOOK, I READ A BOOK AND I CCAN loving FEED MYSELF! UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE WHOSE MOMS PROBABLY STILL CUT THEIR PORTERHOUSES BECAUSE YOUD GET GRISTLE ALL IN WITH YOUR MARBLE. GO STARVE IN THE WILD BECAUSE YOU ATE SOMETHING THAT TURNED OUT TO BE POISONOUS BECAUSE HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING. BASIC SANDWICH KNOWLEDGE!!

NEVER HAD A PULLED PORK SANDWICH?? LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME FOR BABBYS FIRST loving SANDWICH. GET A CLUE, NEOPHYTE. AROUND HERE WE SLOW COOK OUR PORK UNTIL ITS TENDER ENOUGH TO FALL OFF THE BONE--UYES! PIGS HAVE BONES!!--AND SMOTHER THAT poo poo IN BBW SAUCE UNTIL ITS DONE TO PERFECTION. SLAP IT ON A BUN AND THATS ALL YOU NEED. OH WAIT, YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BITE AND CHEW AND SWALLOW It, GUESS WE BETTER NOT LET YOU NEAR THE PULLED PORK! MAYBE YOUD CHOKE BECAUSE YOUD BE EXPECTING A GOD drat HAMBUGER. COME TO THE SOUTH, I DARE YOU. YOU WOULD NOT LAST SECOND IN MY HOME TOWN WITH THAT KIND OF poo poo. PWOPLW AROUND HERE WOULD SPOT YOU AS A FAKE THE MOMENT YOU OPENED UP YOUR DIRTYY GOD drat MOUTH AND STARTED SPOUNTING OFF ABOUT poo poo YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT. YOUD WALK AROUND LIKE "LOOK! THAT'S DEFINATELY BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAST!" AND THE DUDE NEXT TO YOU WOULD LOWER HIS SUNGLASSES AND TAKE ONE LOOK AND JUST WALK THE gently caress AWAY. IT MAY BE YOUR BROTHER OR A CLOSE FRIEND BUT HE WOULD STILL DO IT BECAUSE MEAT. IS. YOUR. SAVIOR.

THaANK YOU. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE gently caress. 'SUP FELLOW MEAT EATER? SUP FELLOW MEAT GOON WHO KNOWS THINGS. IVE BEEN SITTING HERE STEWING (!!!) FOR AN HOUR ABOUT THIS DOOFUS WHO DOESNT KNOW WHAT PULLED PORK IS. IM GOING TO FUNNEL STEAMING HOT PULLED PORK INTO HIS rear end WITH A TRAFFIC CONE, THEN MAYBE HED UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CURED OR SALTED MEAT SANDWICHES. BY THE WAY, I MUST COMPLIMENT YOUR CHOICE OF IMAGERY---YOUR PASTRAMI IS ESPECIALLY PRODIGIOUS AND THE PULLED PORK IS A RELEVEANT DISTINCTION. HOW THE gently caress COULD THIS rear end in a top hat CONFUSE THE TWO? THE SANDWICHES LITERALLY COUld NOT BE MORE DIVERGENT IN TEXTURE AND APPEARCANCE. IM GOING TO ASSUME THAT HE JUST REALLY LIKES FRYING poo poo INSTEAD OF BARBEQUING IT BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY ILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP.

"gently caress, now I really want a pulled pork sandwich"

WHO DOESN'T? OH YEAH, PRICKSUCKERS WHO DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. THEY SAY IF YOU NEVER HAD IT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE MISSING. YEAH WELL EMPERORJ MAY NOT KNOW A THING BUT drat IF HE DOESNT RUB HIS oval office IGNORANCE IN OUR FACES AND MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR US. BTW I FUNNELLED IT UP HIS AS LIKE I SAID I WOULD AND HE KNOWS WHAT IT IS NOW. HOW YOU ASK!? HIS HEAD WAS UP THERE ALREADY SO HE ATe IT JUST FINE!! HOLY CHRIST

hisssssss, baggins, hissssss

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
pull my prok

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I suspect I am wasting too many SP between both energy weapons and guns, so go guns for a first play thorough? But I love my incinerator so much...

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

gently caress, now I really want a pulled pork sandwich

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bilirubin posted:

I suspect I am wasting too many SP between both energy weapons and guns, so go guns for a first play thorough? But I love my incinerator so much...

sure

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the realization that appearing intelligent isn't a virtue was truly freeing in a way i struggle to describe without dipping back into the much larger vocabulary that made me like like a real rear end in a top hat in the first place

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

All BBQ is good eatin y'all need to relax

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

TY

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

i want to chow down on chili and forget about life for a while

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

everytime someone talks about barbeque this is me

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Agronox posted:

i want to chow down on chili and forget about life for a while

But but does that chili include beans or

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

actually the next time i'm in austin i want to eat PILES and PILES of BRISKET

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i want a rack of ribs slathered in some sweet but not too sweet bbq sauce

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

genres are bad

im music gnostic

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

also if you're in new vegas energy weapons with a crit build are insanely hilarious

a recharger pistol early game into a laser rifle with a split barrel mod is disgustingly funny

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

wait whats the difference

or is there one

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

But but does that chili include beans or

i found out, just today, that beans are NOT an essential ingredient to chili. i had no idea. but i'm learning every day.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

NecroMonster posted:

the realization that appearing intelligent isn't a virtue was truly freeing in a way i struggle to describe without dipping back into the much larger vocabulary that made me like like a real rear end in a top hat in the first place

hey ladies, i've got a really big... vocabulary :grin:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agronox posted:

actually the next time i'm in austin i want to eat PILES and PILES of BRISKET

i think im going to get some brisket and rib tips tomorrow for lunch ty for the idea

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

clearchannel is the musical demiurge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
actually i've crunched the numbers and i can safely say that california-style bbq is ... not good

• Locked thread