Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure the PDF's lego has on their site are the exact same as the printed instructions, just you know, in PDF format. :v:

If colors are off your printer is more to blame than anything.

If you want to streamline a bit, look up the part inventory for the sets you want to build on bricklink and do some pre-sorting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
To be my eyes they aren't as nice as the printed instructions. The scans aren't high res, as such, colors bleed together and have other issues.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The PDFs from Lego seem like a real crap shoot. Really old sets are scans of the original printed instructions, which are decent enough. Some sets are low quality PDFs that are filled with blurry/lossy jpegs. Some sets seem like decent quality. Alternative sets seem to be decent quality at least.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

ShaneB posted:

I checked everything. I had a few bags open in the box itself and some loose pieces in the box. It's a fairly big piece.

Weirdly I had a decent amount of extra pieces, around 15+.

For a set its size it actually has a tiny amount of spares compared to normal.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dogen posted:

But one of those is an astronaut microfig so all's well by me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dogen posted:

It's because there are very few 1x1x1's. There is always a spare for every 1x1x1 in each bag.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I just put together a 2006 #7781 Batmobile Two-Faced Escape from one of my Craigslist buys. The PDF from Lego was crap and all the black pieces blurred together. I had to look for build videos and pictures to try and piece it together.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

tomapot posted:

I just put together a 2006 #7781 Batmobile Two-Faced Escape from one of my Craigslist buys. The PDF from Lego was crap and all the black pieces blurred together. I had to look for build videos and pictures to try and piece it together.

Naw, looks fine to me! :stare:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

drat that's pretty bad. All the instructions I've used off lego's site have been indistinguishable from the printed versions.

There are other sites that make instructions available, a quick google showed "http://lego.brickinstructions.com/" but I know there's another one out there I've used in the past. Maybe their copies are cleaner?

edit - nevermind I checked a few of them out for set 7781 and it looks like they're all just rehosting Lego's "official" PDF.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 27, 2017

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
Try getting a LDD model of it and using the built in instructions function.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm assuming since it is an older set there were not as many 3rd party photos or build videos like the newer sets.
Think I got it built right:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just throwing this out there for anyone, I would trade a new Saturn V for a SNES classic if you could get your hands on one :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Does lego release their own manuals/models for LDD?

I may have an idea. :ohdear:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I picked up the blue crawler crane from ebay for 160 bucks, can't wait to build that. I mostly wanted it for the blue liftarms.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone have any Lego Movie sets they don't want? Especially new ones?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Also, looking for TLM CMF, especially Shakespeare.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Got a highwayman in the mail. I knew what I had to do

Really sloppy build but it was a long day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the lego website just messing up for me or is the Saturn V 170 dollars now?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I still see $120.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cojawfee posted:

Is the lego website just messing up for me or is the Saturn V 170 dollars now?

Check the region you're on

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It somehow got changed to the Australian version, weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aww yiss.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Needs a matching black cab.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lego is worse than drugs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

Lego is worse than drugs

Right? Also? It's basically minifig scale.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone have any Lego Movie sets they don't want? Especially new ones?

Are you looking for any sets in particular?

I'm trying to sell Benny's Spaceship, Bad Cop's Pursuit, MetalBeard's Duel, and Super Cycle Chase

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Lego is worse than drugs

It's like drugs that just sit on your shelf forever.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ugh, so much good stuff coming from Bilund.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

drat, my wallet. I am just happy this is not a 3-1 bus, mailbox and phonebooth kit. Otherwise I'd have to buy 3!

edit: Ouch, that is a lot of stickers...

Hopper fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 30, 2017

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Got a highwayman in the mail. I knew what I had to do

Really sloppy build but it was a long day.

Is that a brotherhood of the wolf diorama? Cause if it is, very nice!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am pretty sure it is Bloodborne.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Thought it was Brotherhood of the Wolf too. Works for both. Very nice regardless!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

oh drat, I can get the bus TOMORROW

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

So is this the Car of the Year for this year?

Cause that's certainly a pick.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are those arches they're using for the wheel wells new? I recognize pieces like them, but not precisely that brick.

High res for snooping here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brothers-brick/34811925223/sizes/o/

edit - even the lego product shot team can't get stickers on straight. :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They should really just print everything.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Are those arches they're using for the wheel wells new? I recognize pieces like them, but not precisely that brick.

High res for snooping here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brothers-brick/34811925223/sizes/o/

edit - even the lego product shot team can't get stickers on straight. :v:

I don't think so, they have been used before in other colours iirc, isn't that a 1 x 5 x 4 Regular Bow? I can't see that flickr image so I guess thats what you mean. Unless my guestimate about the size of the model is completely off, the arch might be it though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopper posted:

I don't think so, they have been used before in other colours iirc, isn't that a 1 x 5 x 4 Regular Bow? I can't see that flickr image so I guess thats what you mean. Unless my guestimate about the size of the model is completely off, the arch might be it though.

Weird, the link I posted is marked as private for some reason. But if you click through via the brothers brick blog it works fine. :iiam:

But yeah it is an existing part, the 1x3x3 arch. It's somewhat new, started making it in 2013. I guess I just haven't bought any sets with those included. Lego needs to make them in blue asap.

This is the first set to have them available in red, for what it's worth.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

oh drat, I can get the bus TOMORROW

Welp, now I know what I'm doing the first day I'm there next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Welp, now I know what I'm doing the first day I'm there next month.

Standing in a queue all day and not getting one?