Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HyperPuma posted:

guys... is super mario world not perfect for switch?

Pokemon Snap is perfect for WiiU or Switch both and yet we live in an imperfect world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Someone make a 3D remake of this for the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUaMTf3vgc

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zaphod42 posted:

Pokemon Snap is perfect for WiiU or Switch both and yet we live in an imperfect world

Can't wait for the sequel.

( It'll be a mobile AR game :smith: )

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why sad face? That's a good platform for it

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
They can retrofit the ET ride at Universal into an AR Pokemon Snap ride.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Zaphod42 posted:

I was literally trying to just say "hey its not going to be that different" from the beginning, so if that was really your stance I don't know why you replied to me and made such a big deal out of it. You should just say "yeah I agree". I feel like you're bullshitting me here.

It completely contradicts your point... if that's what you meant you really should have said something to that effect. Any words that clued in on that would have been something, but you just presented it as "hey check this out there's quite a lot missing! This is exciting!" so of course I read it that way??

Well the biggest stuff I was replying to in all that was against your claim that the article was spinning Cuthbert's statement wrong and was as you put, "game-of-telephone style bad journalism where the writer is injecting his own attitude and bias into the writing". The stuff you seemed to call me out by saying "Did you actually read it?".

I wasn't trying to bullshit you, but maybe you just didn't see where I was coming from. I don't think that much of a difference to the end product, but I do think that difference is enough that it's worth waiting for and seeing. This original post I replied to implied to me "Hey, who cares about the new port, you have a good enough version here right now". I'm trying to say, "Well, this new port might have some minor new features added, so maybe we should wait a bit". More cautious, rather than excitement as you said.

Tone is already hard enough to judge over the internet, so let's cause anymore of a fuss if you have problems with over an error.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Ventana posted:

Well the biggest stuff I was replying to in all that was against your claim that the article was spinning Cuthbert's statement wrong and was as you put, "game-of-telephone style bad journalism where the writer is injecting his own attitude and bias into the writing". The stuff you seemed to call me out by saying "Did you actually read it?".

I wasn't trying to bullshit you, but maybe you just didn't see where I was coming from. I don't think that much of a difference to the end product, but I do think that difference is enough that it's worth waiting for and seeing. This original post I replied to implied to me "Hey, who cares about the new port, you have a good enough version here right now". I'm trying to say, "Well, this new port might have some minor new features added, so maybe we should wait a bit". More cautious, rather than excitement as you said.

Tone is already hard enough to judge over the internet, so let's cause anymore of a fuss if you have problems with over an error.

I kinda get stuck on the "roguelike" stuff that's "missing" since my version has that (in the missile and fighter encounters, along with the random boss before Star Wolf), and he's likely referencing the early alpha or CES version which was the most widespread for some time. I have also been under the impression that my version is "final beta", the one that was being tested by the Super Mario Club.

If all that is wrong, again, I'll take more without complaint. I'm just not holding my breath for it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Oyster posted:

I kinda get stuck on the "roguelike" stuff that's "missing" since my version has that (in the missile and fighter encounters, along with the random boss before Star Wolf), and he's likely referencing the early alpha or CES version which was the most widespread for some time. I have also been under the impression that my version is "final beta", the one that was being tested by the Super Mario Club.

If all that is wrong, again, I'll take more without complaint. I'm just not holding my breath for it.

Your "version" is stolen software, ip, and copyright. No one has ever played a legal version of Star Fox 2, ergo, anyone with knowledge of it is a thief and at best guilty of a misdemeanor.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Your "version" is stolen software, ip, and copyright. No one has ever played a legal version of Star Fox 2, ergo, anyone with knowledge of it is a thief and at best guilty of a misdemeanor.

This is big talk for someone who uses pirated amiibos.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hold on let me put on my pedantry pants.

These people played an absolutely legal version.

It's also the version many think Cuthbert is referencing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Why was Star Fox 2 never released?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Too close to N64 debut.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

Strawberry Panda posted:

Short answer: Nintendo wanted to use the assets/gameplay for the 64, then the 64 got delayed and it would've had a year and a half window anyway but had already been canned.

Real answer: Have a metric fuckton of information on Star Fox 2 on an eyebleeding background.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Interestingly, here's a choice quote from Miyamoto from this article that sheds some light on the way they treat Star Fox:

quote:

Miyamoto was fully in favour of the shift, seeing it as an opportunity to experiment with new styles of gameplay. "He often says Star Fox is his 'test bed' for new ideas," continues Cuthbert. "The series was never intended to be limited to linear 3D scrolling stages, and he will often say that the only reason they did that was to get the best speed and performance out of the Super FX Chip."

Looks like all the people who just want all On-rails gameplay are probably gonna be disappointed.

I'd be cool with another Star Fox 2/Star Fox command though

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's covered in the article too

quote:

"It was the summer of 1995 and the PlayStation and Saturn were suddenly doing very well in Japan," recalls Cuthbert. "I think that caught Nintendo off-guard. The decision was made because they didn't want the old-gen 3D going up against the much better 3D of the next generation, side-by-side. The rivalry between Sony and Nintendo was very fresh and strong back then because of the whole SNES CD-ROM affair." What makes the decision even more remarkable is that Star Fox 2 was practically finished. "The game was about 95 percent complete," Cuthbert adds. "Even after the decision was made we went ahead and completed it, taking it to be fully QA'd through Mario Club."

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really hope that game netflix thing they talked about replaces Virtual Console

They've already said it would be a separate thing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ventana posted:

I'd be cool with another Star Fox 2/Star Fox command though

wasn't star fox command the weird one with a lot of endings, most of them being "krystal joins star wolf and fox was alone"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The White Dragon posted:

wasn't star fox command the weird one with a lot of endings, most of them being "krystal joins star wolf and fox was alone"

Then Falco gets Fox to invest the rest of their savings in a Lylat F-Zero circuit.

And Slippy finds a girl to have over half a thousand babies with.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HMS Beagle posted:

This is big talk for someone who uses pirated amiibos.

i had to know

:(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Miyamoto has already deleted your name from the book of life. You'll never make it to the Super Mario World when you die.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Sorry SNES Classic, but no Maximum Carnage or SimCity = No Sale.
Maximum Carnage was a brutally hard game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ventana posted:

Looks like all the people who just want all On-rails gameplay are probably gonna be disappointed.

Quite disappointed. There's still a lot that could be done with the on rails model, and I desperately want to play some classic style Star Fox with them HD rumbles.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrr, maybe they'll do something cool with it anyway.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Ugh... I am starting to dread this next 3 months of wondering if I'll be able to get a SNES Classic, and then the following 3 months of frustrations over not being abel to get it. I just realized it releases on a Friday too, which is problematic because I can take the day off work to get in line for it or just take that money I'd make working to buy it eBay. Neither option seems appealing

Verisimilidude posted:

How many versions of Street Fighter 2 are available right now in everyday, accessible forms?

I think at the base level, without getting into how there is something like a GBA port of a game that is not exactly the same...

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II: Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Astro7x posted:

Ugh... I am starting to dread this next 3 months of wondering if I'll be able to get a SNES Classic, and then the following 3 months of frustrations over not being abel to get it.

really?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

As someone that unsuccessfully tried to find an NES Classic, including waiting in the morning at stores on the weekends... yes.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

even if they have triple the production of the nes classic, that just means the first guy in line will get 30 of them instead of 10

don't even worry about the possibility of getting one, just pretend that the promo images are photoshops some fan did

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i wish you luck in these trying times

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

even if they have triple the production of the nes classic, that just means the first guy in line will get 30 of them instead of 10

don't even worry about the possibility of getting one, just pretend that the promo images are photoshops some fan did

When I got mine, Toys R Us had a limit 1 per customer deal.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

it's pretty goddamn annoying how it's still impossible to buy a switch online without paying a $100+ premium to some reseller. are there still that few units available this far after launch?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Nevermind, didn't see the word "online".

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why sad face? That's a good platform for it

What?

You're saying the Switch is only a good platform for some game?

Mods, ban this chucklefuck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

Ugh... I am starting to dread this next 3 months of wondering if I'll be able to get a SNES Classic, and then the following 3 months of frustrations over not being abel to get it. I just realized it releases on a Friday too, which is problematic because I can take the day off work to get in line for it or just take that money I'd make working to buy it eBay. Neither option seems appealing

And you can't just preorder one because....?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Astro7x posted:

As someone that unsuccessfully tried to find an NES Classic, including waiting in the morning at stores on the weekends... yes.

I suggest getting an N3DS and playing SNES games on it. It's handheld too!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Someone make a 3D remake of this for the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUaMTf3vgc

No Super SWIV is one of the dullest shumup I've ever played.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

I suggest getting an N3DS and playing SNES games on it. It's handheld too!

You need to homebrew it to get any real selection on it though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I preordered a SNES Mini from EBGames Australia

Then I'm going to play the SNES Mini

Then I'm going to add all the 'missing' games onto it

Secret of Mana + Super Mario RPG = :swoon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

Hello I preordered a SNES Mini from EBGames Australia

Then I'm going to play the SNES Mini

Then I'm going to add all the 'missing' games onto it

Secret of Mana + Super Mario RPG = :swoon:

Whatup, EB preorder buddy? :hfive:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Hey, how about you guys post about the SNES classic in the SNES classic thread? It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783186

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wheany posted:

Hey, how about you guys post about the SNES classic in the SNES classic thread? It's here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783186

Nah

:siren::australia::boonie: ATTN: Ausgoons :boonie::australia::siren:

EBGames Preorder - $30 deposit
JBHiFi Preorder - $1 deposit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If the N64 Mini comes without Blast Corps + Goldeneye + other RARE games there's gonna be a riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please post about the SNES mini/classic in the SNES mini/classic thread.

• Locked thread