Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

If it wasn't for the current title: F1 2017: The Year of the Whiny Children

Don't doxx the whole thread, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

track day bro! posted:

Riccardo is a cheat, a oval office and a bogan that needs to go to hygiene classes. I hope he dies.
Man, I hope you get permabanned for this racism against the best driver on the grid :australia:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You Am I posted:

Man, I hope you get permabanned for this racism against the best driver on the grid :australia:

If anything for not realizing he has the best teeth of the grid.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

If anything for not realizing he has the best teeth of the grid.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
bring back "The Lemmy" smilin' Dan.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Just lmao if you hate the only boy on the grid who isn't a plank of wood.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dentist toy box posted:

Just lmao if you hate the only boy on the grid who isn't a plank of wood.

Or a whiny baby.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can't really wrap my head around any amount of dislike for Ricciardo tbh

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Or a whiny baby.

IM GOING TO CRASH INTO YOU!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Monaco was terrible but Baku redeemed the street circuits this year.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I know it's really late but I'd like to have El Hefe back.

or at least know he's doing alright.

And yes I know I'm mostly a lurker but goddamnit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

geonetix posted:

I know it's really late but I'd like to have El Hefe back.

or at least know he's doing alright.

And yes I know I'm mostly a lurker but goddamnit.

I think everyone feels this way.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

You and me both. I literally don't get it, it's like the thread did a 180 recently

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ricciardo is pretty much the only likable F1 driver. He's the WDC we need.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ricky dick is alright. Hard to like somebody when they drive for Red Bull but he's trying his god drat hardest to make it happen.

Also I've come up with a really dumb idea and executed it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Ricky dick is alright. Hard to like somebody when they drive for Red Bull but he's trying his god drat hardest to make it happen.

Also I've come up with a really dumb idea and executed it.

Nitrous boosting your kart isn't a dumb idea. Possibly fatal, but not dumb.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pretend you're pregnant, and keep a big bottle of nitrous in a fake belly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Does anyone have a link to a news source saying the telemetry showed that Lewis didn't lift? because the only reference I've seen is somone in this thread saying Lewis didn't lift because the telemetry showed it. On the live show Sky said that he did brake significantly but that wasn't unusual under the saftey car.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Does anyone have a link to a news source saying the telemetry showed that Lewis didn't lift? because the only reference I've seen is somone in this thread saying Lewis didn't lift because the telemetry showed it. On the live show Sky said that he did brake significantly but that wasn't unusual under the saftey car.

Wolff said he lifted 'as he did on the previous restart'. From Vettels onboard, it certainly looked like he took off and then suddenly slowed down.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

learnincurve posted:

They didn't say Lewis didn't lift, they said Lewis never took off to start with.
I don't think Lewis ever actually accelerated after the apex, I think Vettel wasn't paying attention and assumed he was playing mind games when in reality he was trying to build up a large gap to the Safety Car so he could nail it all the way to the line. Lewis' concern was being able to flat out go for the line (he'd been told after the first safety car went in that he'd almost overtaken the Safety Car as it went in) Vettel on the other hand was worried about the Force India cars potentially jumping him on the restart (because that had almost happened to him after the first restart). Those sentences are my opinion.

Video is here and the stuff you might care about is at 12 seconds.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

wicka posted:

I'd be cool with him if he didn't do that cringey disgusting bogan poo poo on the podium. hth

learnincurve posted:

FIA analysis showed Hamilton did not brake-test Vettel

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
So I've made a small album of my 7 year old niece's go kart meet from a couple of weekends ago. She races a FA Kart, which I was recently informed from this thread is just a rebranded TonyKart. I've blurred out the faces of my brother and my niece because I'm a bit paranoid about all this new, fan-dangled internet business. All the other faces I don't care about obviously.

She's trying her hardest at the moment, and although she wasn't the only girl racer in the grid, she was definitely not the best girl racer, or the best racer in general.
She got tapped off of the track a couple times and spun out by herself a few of times, but she managed to finish 9th (out of ~14 racers) in one of the racers, so theres that.

This is the track layout for those wondering.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That's not saying he didn't not accelerate where you would expect him to though. The telemetary is showing he didn't press the brake pedal or lifted off entirely. They didn't say "he didn't lift". You would need to look at all the telemetry from all the laps under the SC, and that would be incredibly hard to analyse because of there being different gaps and speeds. What we saw on screen was Lewis not going as fast as you would expect him to be going. What they don't have is proof of motive which they most certainly have with Seb.

It's the FIA not wanting to intervene unless they absolutely have to thing again. He'd just had a penalty of his head rest's making, Mercades would have been pain in the arses, lots of fans would have been pissed, and it's proof by numbers so many of them would have been pissed and confused. It's not really a bad thing, and it's not something that just happens at the front. Drivers are just going to have to punch each other in the face after the race and sort it out between themselves.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

aequalis posted:

So I've made a small album of my 7 year old niece's go kart meet from a couple of weekends ago. She races a FA Kart, which I was recently informed from this thread is just a rebranded TonyKart. I've blurred out the faces of my brother and my niece because I'm a bit paranoid about all this new, fan-dangled internet business. All the other faces I don't care about obviously.

She's trying her hardest at the moment, and although she wasn't the only girl racer in the grid, she was definitely not the best girl racer, or the best racer in general.
She got tapped off of the track a couple times and spun out by herself a few of times, but she managed to finish 9th (out of ~14 racers) in one of the racers, so theres that.

GP2 Kart.

Also that's adorable.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

aequalis posted:

Pretty sure that's the first place I went go karting as a wee tacker about 20-25 years ago.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

learnincurve posted:

That's not saying he didn't not accelerate where you would expect him to though. The telemetary is showing he didn't press the brake pedal or lifted off entirely. They didn't say "he didn't lift". You would need to look at all the telemetry from all the laps under the SC, and that would be incredibly hard to analyse because of there being different gaps and speeds. What we saw on screen was Lewis not going as fast as you would expect him to be going. What they don't have is proof of motive which they most certainly have with Seb.

It's the FIA not wanting to intervene unless they absolutely have to thing again. He'd just had a penalty of his head rest's making, Mercades would have been pain in the arses, lots of fans would have been pissed, and it's proof by numbers so many of them would have been pissed and confused. It's not really a bad thing, and it's not something that just happens at the front. Drivers are just going to have to punch each other in the face after the race and sort it out between themselves.

Just choosing to ignore the bit about him driving in exactly the same way as he did on the previous restart then huh?

Or 'as fast you would expect him to be going' if you will

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Hamilton is a cheat and a dirty driver.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
F1 2016 is loving hard.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Skarsnik posted:

Just choosing to ignore the bit about him driving in exactly the same way as he did on the previous restart then huh?

Or 'as fast you would expect him to be going' if you will

I'm not ignoring what we all actually saw with our eyes. He may have also made a mistake on the previous restart or he may not. I think that they can bluster and fudge all they like if this is what they are doing, not that it remotely matters at all, because you would need to be an idiot to think that the championship should be effected without absolute conclusive proof which they clearly don't have. If he's stupid enough to get caught mouthing off about how is was deliberate then yes they should come down on him like the fist of an angry God, but he's learned to keep his mouth shut after what happened at McLaren.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Thanks Ants posted:

Can we go with Trash Tyre to get some alliteration going on?

Tip Tyre. For those who go to the tip to dig rubbish rubber out of a skip.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

keevo posted:

F1 2016 is loving hard.

I ended up refunding it because I'm such a scrub at it. I barely got the minimum passing score for the familiarization program in Australia after an hour of doing it over and over again, decided it wasn't for me (I tried both having assists on and having no assists at all).

I think I might need a wheel or a new gamepad to properly play it, I don't think my ancient 360 pad's triggers let me have the sort of throttle control you need. It's basically all or nothing.

I'm gonna give Dirt Rally a try next because I figure at least that one won't require you to also worry about other cars, fuel or tyre wear.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

learnincurve posted:

I'm not ignoring what we all actually saw with our eyes. He may have also made a mistake on the previous restart or he may not. I think that they can bluster and fudge all they like if this is what they are doing, not that it remotely matters at all, because you would need to be an idiot to think that the championship should be effected without absolute conclusive proof which they clearly don't have. If he's stupid enough to get caught mouthing off about how is was deliberate then yes they should come down on him like the fist of an angry God, but he's learned to keep his mouth shut after what happened at McLaren.

Your eyes are not more accurate than the telemetry, sorry!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

wicka posted:

Yeah and people have been piling on Ricky's shoey again, when it was obvious he wasn't going to do one at all until Coulthard peer pressured him on the podium by untying his shoes for him. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Antti posted:

I ended up refunding it because I'm such a scrub at it. I barely got the minimum passing score for the familiarization program in Australia after an hour of doing it over and over again, decided it wasn't for me (I tried both having assists on and having no assists at all).

I think I might need a wheel or a new gamepad to properly play it, I don't think my ancient 360 pad's triggers let me have the sort of throttle control you need. It's basically all or nothing.

I'm gonna give Dirt Rally a try next because I figure at least that one won't require you to also worry about other cars, fuel or tyre wear.

Car setup is a pretty big deal in the codemasters F1 games and they seem to cycle between making it controller oriented and steering wheel oriented. They don't seem to be able to make a game that can do both at once. Its loving annoying.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Carth Dookie posted:

Car setup is a pretty big deal in the codemasters F1 games and they seem to cycle between making it controller oriented and steering wheel oriented. They don't seem to be able to make a game that can do both at once. Its loving annoying.

I'd be happy to learn about setup but the game needs to tell me what the setup does and maybe even analyze the problems I'm having and suggest settings to mess with. I've played Dirt 3, which is really arcadey, but it gives you a straightforward explanation of the various things you can fiddle with and what the difference is between low this and stiff that. F1 2016 seems aimed at people who have already played Codey's F1 games before, which is perfectly fine, but I haven't played an F1 game since 1997.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Skarsnik posted:

Your eyes are not more accurate than the telemetry, sorry!

We haven't actually seen the telemetry, we don't know, and no one will know, what the usual acceleration point for that corner is under a saftey car going x speed. it's the second race, and they changed the kerbs, the data just won't be there. This isn't Spa where they have truckloads of data from previous races, at Bacu they won't be able to prove or disprove diddly poo poo. What they can't do is stand up and go "well we dunno ask us in 10 races time" because that opens up the proverbial can of worms.

IMO he lost concentration because he was fiddling with his buttons, complaining about the SC speed, or looking at a sign and simply made a mistake.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

2016 is pad oriented, but it's also the least biased of their recent games iirc (they've shied away from making wheel centric games since ?2011?). 2017 looks like a pretty good iteration on 2016, particularly it's single player offerings, so that's something to look out for.

Antti posted:

If you're having issues getting the throttle just right for F1, Dirt Rally is going to eat you alive.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Schlesische posted:

2016 is pad oriented, but it's also the least biased of their recent games iirc (they've shied away from making wheel centric games since ?2011?).

Definitely 2011. That's pretty much where it peaked for wheel based racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Antti posted:

Yeah, you're not gonna have a good time with Dirt Rally based on that post.

• Locked thread