Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

Like what the gently caress is this?
Reinforcing already held beliefs without the danger of being contradicted/corrected. Most of these cartoons aren't actually trying to say anything, it's just standing on stage at a rock concert and screaming the name of the city in which you're playing.

That's all his many "soul searching" cartoons are as well: so it looks like he's soul searching to reassure his readers that the niggling little doubts that keep cropping up about the corrupt mango pustule in charge might not actually be the best ever are perfectly valid but, just like him, if you do a little bit of serious thinking you'll come to the right conclusion: LiBTaRdS dE dUm!!
Once Trump is out from under these investigations they'll go back to loudly telling people they voted for Trump instead of mumbling and desperately changing the subject and BOOM: no more soul searching! Gee isn't it swell that we did all that thought while the DIMocrat Party just went with knee jerk response??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The Russian Probe is an uncomfortable yet necessary procedure to evaluate the heath of the government.

It's basically impossible for me not to read it like that, yet it's Rameriz so that can't be it. Does he, or his audience, refuse prostate exams because they are uncomfortable? Or do they go along with it because they understand the health benefits? Despite the "oh no my butt" factor, he presents Mueller as a qualified professional conducting an exam in a normal manner. No comic exaggeration or anything untoward suggested.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jumping the gun a bit, there.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Given the cartoons I'm assuming Nancy Pelosi is never seen without a big yellow badge with her name on it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trapezium Dave posted:

Given the cartoons I'm assuming Nancy Pelosi is never seen without a big yellow badge with her name on it.

You'd think with her being so universally hated to the point of liability that people would recognise a drawing of her a little better.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I know it's more likely than not just a coincidence, but do you ever wonder if right-wing cartoonists are given marching orders from someone above them when they want to get a particular message out? There's the stuff with Pelosi right now, plus I also recall a spate of something like over a dozen of them creating virtually the exact same cartoon about some news story of a boat investigating climate change in the Arctic needing to be rescued.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

I know it's more likely than not just a coincidence, but do you ever wonder if right-wing cartoonists are given marching orders from someone above them when they want to get a particular message out? There's the stuff with Pelosi right now, plus I also recall a spate of something like over a dozen of them creating virtually the exact same cartoon about some news story of a boat investigating climate change in the Arctic needing to be rescued.
They're all unimaginative hacks that follow the same news sources, that's why their poo poo is identical and simultaneous.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

They're all unimaginative hacks that follow the same news sources, that's why their poo poo is identical and simultaneous.
If they are like the ones in Australia then they all probably follow each other in social media sharing the same ideas.

The left/centre ones do too, but they tend to post a lot more animal pics.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Ah, I see Ramirez gave him the ol' evil-piss-eyes treatment he usually reserves for Islamic leaders and the Castro bros. This must be serious.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"Who cares about the future? I'll be dead anyway!" -- an 8-year-old

Trapezium Dave posted:

The left/centre ones do too, but they tend to post a lot more animal pics.

First Dog, Australia's kingmaker. :tinfoil:

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Hmm one is a massive risk to longterm life and health and global stability, while the other is a relatively minor local economics issue. Hmmmmmmmmmmm truth must be in the middle I guess

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

context posted:

IDF STRIKES SYRIAN TARGETS IN RESPONSE TO GOLAN CROSSFIRE
Labels: Golan Heights, Israel, Missiles, Syria, Syrian War

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

how the author thinks this would go: ha! my right wing dude has got a valid point and those crying liberals aren't so smart after all!
how this would actually go: left wing dude suggests reducing federal debt by investing in domestic renewable energy, raising taxes to pre-reagan levels, reducing military spending as it's our largest spending item while right wing dude drones on about welfare queens

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Business doesn't give a gently caress and won't help anyone, AGC.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Xen Tricks posted:

Hmm one is a massive risk to longterm life and health and global stability, while the other is a relatively minor local economics issue. Hmmmmmmmmmmm truth must be in the middle I guess

Also, I believe most of the people saying "hey, maybe do something about climate change" are the same people saying "hey, maybe increase government revenue by taxing the rich", or in other words they also have a plan for the debt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shugojin posted:

Business doesn't give a gently caress and won't help anyone, AGC.

Get it together, Grouch!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy hell he's actually saying that people are "pitching" the "notion" of global warming too hard. I've seen political cartoonists rail about "too much too fast" for decades, but it was usually about civil rights. Now it's being leveled at loving provable science. :psyduck:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

Holy hell he's actually saying that people are "pitching" the "notion" of global warming too hard. I've seen political cartoonists rail about "too much too fast" for decades, but it was usually about civil rights. Now it's being leveled at loving provable science. :psyduck:

At least it's not outright climate change denial like Ramirez.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Aw, I'm touched that Bors is defending America's better single-payer program. :)

Medicaid Forever, Medicare Never!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rebel Blob posted:

The Russian Probe is an uncomfortable yet necessary procedure to evaluate the heath of the government.

It's basically impossible for me not to read it like that, yet it's Rameriz so that can't be it. Does he, or his audience, refuse prostate exams because they are uncomfortable? Or do they go along with it because they understand the health benefits? Despite the "oh no my butt" factor, he presents Mueller as a qualified professional conducting an exam in a normal manner. No comic exaggeration or anything untoward suggested.

So, as an aging goon :corsair:, last week I had my first prostate exam.

I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a big deal. I've never had anything in my butthole before, but my average turd is wider then a grown man's finger. And yet... years of reading these lovely, hacky political cartoons burned an idea into my subconscious, about how I was about to be horribly violated in the worst way possible. So I was surprised at what a Nothing Burger the whole thing was: over in 30 seconds, no discomfort, and my doctor was really good at making it not awkward.

Now I get extra pissed off when I see that lovely, false imagery. gently caress those hacks!
Don't let them scare you; when it's time to get your prostate examined, go do it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ramirez would get his prostate checked, but it'd require a lengthy procedure to remove his head.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

So, as an aging goon :corsair:, last week I had my first prostate exam.

I knew going in that it wasn't going to be a big deal. I've never had anything in my butthole before, but my average turd is wider then a grown man's finger. And yet... years of reading these lovely, hacky political cartoons burned an idea into my subconscious, about how I was about to be horribly violated in the worst way possible. So I was surprised at what a Nothing Burger the whole thing was: over in 30 seconds, no discomfort, and my doctor was really good at making it not awkward.

Now I get extra pissed off when I see that lovely, false imagery. gently caress those hacks!
Don't let them scare you; when it's time to get your prostate examined, go do it.

I just assume any cartoonist doing that imagery kind of liked their prostate exam and worried that it made them gay.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Ramirez would get his prostate checked, but it'd require a lengthy procedure to remove his head.

Nah they just ask him to describe it.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

"Talking points" are a real thing, my friend, a literal bulleted list that gets emailed out with Hot Takes to share with people. Add to that "political cartoonists are lazy hacks" and you get half a dozen making the first thing they came up with after reading the talking points.

I'm not even being cynical, it's a thing both parties do because it's an effective messaging tool, it's just that the GOP is so much better at messaging than the Dems (and more willing to outright lie) that you only notice theirs.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nah they just ask him to describe it.

"Heavily crosshatched and DEBT"

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Stultus Maximus posted:

"Heavily crosshatched and DEBT"

It checks out. If he got everything he wanted all medical procedures would be full of DEBT.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Bramhall

OK, a question: is that notch in his neck a little :unsmith: smile, or is he turning to face us but Bram didn't sketch in the chin?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Given that Eric Allie is a global warming troofer, it must've pained him a little for Stantis to even concede the "clean up our mess" bit.

Though "clean up our mess" is obviously nebulous enough to be meaningless.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Strange, I've lived in Canada my whole life and I'm not dead. :iiam:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Strange, I've lived in Canada my whole life and I'm not dead. :iiam:
How many people who lived in Canada their whole lives are dead though.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I suppose the Indigenous people had socialized medicine and look at the situation they're in now. :thunk:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I suppose the Indigenous people had socialized medicine and look at the situation they're in now. :thunk:

The greeks are slavs in denial. Barbarian tribes like the anglos and the saxos, that took the land of the mediterraneans dudes.

Th0se mediterraneans and their peaceful long life, bloated culture and siestas.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

In this day and age this kind of poo poo pisses me off more than the worst Ramirez and McCoy. Its never been so obvious that both sides are not the same.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

D.N. Nation posted:

Given that Eric Allie is a global warming troofer, it must've pained him a little for Stantis to even concede the "clean up our mess" bit.

Though "clean up our mess" is obviously nebulous enough to be meaningless.

"Guys it's simple: just clean up after yourselves."~a solution an actual 8 year old would propose . Which is followed by Silly Liberal Coyote being childish by worrying about Disneyland?

And he forgot the most obvious edit:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nicely done, the heatstroke one is my favorite. Prickly City being one long Jacob's Ladder style hallucination would explain a lot about it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Flipperwaldt posted:

How many people who lived in Canada their whole lives are dead though.

On the inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
New Ward Sutton:

• Locked thread